❤ [True4U] Princess Hours (Halo Productions)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I did not like the 2nd guy, at 1st he was sorta ok but then he became selfish and shady.

They use the stuffed bear. Pra'nang got married by their own choice in the church. They hint that there was a baby. The sister became the Queen.

Watching the OST makes me want to see this. I never really Finish Gong cuz of the fillers and it was just annoying. Fill w/drama but remem. loving the OST. All these Korean Drama are base from Jap Manga's

Noire89

Simply smile
I did not like the 2nd guy, at 1st he was sorta ok but then he became selfish and shady.

They use the stuffed bear. Pra'nang got married by their own choice in the church. They hint that there was a baby. The sister became the Queen.

Watching the OST makes me want to see this. I never really Finish Gong cuz of the fillers and it was just annoying. Fill w/drama but remem. loving the OST. All these Korean Drama are base from Jap Manga's
I was pretty young when I saw this, I am now a bill paying adult (urgh I feel so old, lol!) And I was on Shin team all the way, the boy was so hot, that it helped with his cold personality. And I saw it again about a year ago with my younger cousin who was watching it for the first time. Here's my take on Goong/Princess Hours characters:

Yul was creepy in the middle of the drama. He started out ok, as a friend who had a crush on Chae Kyung which is fine, they were high school kids.
But then he starts plotting on how to take her away from his cousin in a way that was obsession over the girl who he knew was in love with Shin.
Yul kinda redeems himself in the end by telling the truth and outing his mom, but still not enough for him to brush away the creep status he gained. Yes it was unfair that he lost the title, but the extreme his mom went to and the fact that he would have followed if Chae Kyung had wanted to be with him just made cautious of his character.
But as much I loved Shin his faults were obvious.
Shin was just way too into Hyo Rin for way too many episodes for me to believe his love was all for Chae Kyung kicked in that quickly, I felt there was not that much development in that department and they had 24 episodes to do something more than what they did.
He was too cold towards the girl who was basically the savior of his exgirlfriend, and he treated his exgirlfriend as if she was so overly sensitive as if she was breakable, that he married someone else to keep the pressures of the palace away from this amazing love of his...:facepalm:
And Hyo Rin really ticked me off with her other woman admiring style. :BangHead:
I want to see how they will play these things out in this lakorn.
The grandma queen was the bright spot of that drama all throughout it:clap: she was so sweet and adorable that she had me wanting her as my grandma.
So this lakorn will be interesting to see since Thailand does still have a monarchy, and how they will incorporate the original storyline.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Agree, there wasn't much character development. I like how they are giving her a hobby (art). I like how we see them having a pillow fight. PK Looks like he was having fun.

YUL and mom can get salty all they want but it's not pk fault. It's the palace politics. Shin didn't even want the title. I did enjoy them having their lil trip to tje ocean.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
I absolutely cannot wait to see this version. I like that, according to the clips shown so far, there's more sweet scenes between the two main leads. I hope it won't be a disappointment though, but I'm going to trust Ananda just this time just 'cause a lot of non-lakorns watchers loved the Thai version of Full House.

I thought the Korean version was okay. A lot of the older dramas lacked a lot of sweet scenes between the main leads, so I'm glad that this drama is being remade to satisfy me for the lack of romance shown in the Korean version. I agree that the 2nd guy was annoying. I couldn't stand him. I'm fine with YEH & JJH. They were cute together though. I'm definitely rooting for Tao in this version too. I wish they had not cut Pattie's hair for this role. Hopefully I'll get used to seeing her with short hair instead of long hair, though I personally prefer her with long hair. Tao looks adorable as always. He looks more mature looking now compare to how he used to look like in Kiss Me. I'm glad he's getting more lead roles. :)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I think the hair do make her look more youthful. The preview from the ost looks really good

xcinsationalx

sarNie Oldmaid
I never finished the drama, but I read a good chunk of the manhwa before watching the Korean Drama (to this day I still tell myself I will finish the manhwa lol) and I liked it a lot better. But it was still annoying at times with all the misunderstandings, lies, secrets, scheming etc. I just got a bit tired of how emotionally draining it was.

Noire89

Simply smile
I never finished the drama, but I read a good chunk of the manhwa before watching the Korean Drama (to this day I still tell myself I will finish the manhwa lol) and I liked it a lot better. But it was still annoying at times with all the misunderstandings, lies, secrets, scheming etc. I just got a bit tired of how emotionally draining it was.
I skimmed the manhaw after a while everyone started to look alike, they were all drawn super pretty, and I got bored not even halfway through the second volume. It was pretty art, I just saw the drama before I read the manhaw so my interest was lost.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The ex girlfriend was so annoying. I was so addicted to the drama I actually bought a set of the drama. I think I paid it almost $80 at Costco lol.

The grandma was a sweetheart. The way she talks is so endearing. She seemed to weigh her words carefully and it just so tender. I can picture myself getting a hug by her every night before bedtime.

I think Shin was good in a sense. He tried his best to not fall in love with someone who is different from him but you gradually see it that he does love her. Yup, Yul was creepy after a while. Sometimes the way he stands there and silently looked out is weird. But overall, it was a popular good drama. It has it flaws but to me the good out weigh the bad

Noire89

Simply smile
The ex girlfriend was so annoying. I was so addicted to the drama I actually bought a set of the drama. I think I paid it almost $80 at Costco lol.

The grandma was a sweetheart. The way she talks is so endearing. She seemed to weigh her words carefully and it just so tender. I can picture myself getting a hug by her every night before bedtime.

I think Shin was good in a sense. He tried his best to not fall in love with someone who is different from him but you gradually see it that he does love her. Yup, Yul was creepy after a while. Sometimes the way he stands there and silently looked out is weird. But overall, it was a popular good drama. It has it flaws but to me the good out weigh the bad
The grandma was the best grandma in a kdrama from the high society. She wasn't at all overbearing and she came off as a playful yet thoughful older woman who had a kind but stern heart.
Shin and Chae Kyung's development needed more than what they got, yeah they hung out a few times and even went off on their own and they had a few scenes that pushed their romance a bit. But for all those episodes he spent moping over Hyo Rin and even went off to Thailand and when she followed he had her there and then they were in the hotel room... (like the second time I saw it I interpreted it as they had s*x)
I just felt he was more into his ex for so looong that when he finally realized he was in love me as a viewer I wasn't buying it. 24 episodes and we got more from him and Hyo Rin and Yul and his mom's plans to overthrow Shin than what was so much more important (lol!) the romance between the leads.
So Thailand Version surprise me in a good way!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
They can better develop the romance part but I forgave them for the fact YEH gave JJH such passionate kiss hahahah. The one where she was on top on him on the sofa has to be the most comfortable at ease kiss...or was it before that lol. But these two had such a comfort level when they kissed I overlooked the other stuff.

Noire89

Simply smile
They can better develop the romance part but I forgave them for the fact YEH gave JJH such passionate kiss hahahah. The one where she was on top on him on the sofa has to be the most comfortable at ease kiss...or was it before that lol. But these two had such a comfort level when they kissed I overlooked the other stuff.
Them kisses were worth a lot of points, let me tell ya! Not too over the top and just right for teens. I was single at the time and after seeing those two kiss I was wanting a boyfriend to kiss, lol!:risas3::risas3:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Judging from "Kiss Me" and the OST preview. The thai version Will diff. have better interaction/romances and it shows p'k feeling better. In Kiss me...he made p'k a lil more "human".

N'k actually started to annoyed me later on in the ep and P'k annoyed me a lil less...Again the misunderstanding and the Aunt trying to overthrow them took too much of the time...

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Yul was like a charming boy that was left behind. He comes across like a nerd that tried hard to fit in. And I thought, maybe Shin doesn't deserve her. Then when his mom showed up he moves like a snail. Almost everything about him was slow lol.

Them kissed though. The one in the middle of the street was perfectly executed. The people on the street at first didn't know what was going on. Anyhow, they made them lips on lips so realistic. I think there were some tongue action too.

This drama is more elaborate than the others that ananda had remake so far. I am rooting for it to be good because if he butchered it...

Noire89

Simply smile
Yul was like a charming boy that was left behind. He comes across like a nerd that tried hard to fit in. And I thought, maybe Shin doesn't deserve her. Then when his mom showed up he moves like a snail. Almost everything about him was slow lol.

Them kissed though. The one in the middle of the street was perfectly executed. The people on the street at first didn't know what was going on. Anyhow, they made them lips on lips so realistic. I think there were some tongue action too.

This drama is more elaborate than the others that ananda had remake so far. I am rooting for it to be good because if he butchered it...
I don't remember if there was some tongue action, all I know is that they were nicely executed kisses that made my teen self blush and pray for a Shin of my own, not with the personality but his kissing abilities :angel10:
Ananda better not have butchered this or else...:risas3::risas3::risas3:
:confused12: now I'm wondering how those little kisses are going to be executed.:naughty2: :p

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I remembered joining this forum that is dedicated to the Goong's couple. And if anyone knows netizen are like freaking detectives hahahah. They had the kissing scenes in slow motion...stills and had arrows pointing and such to show what kind of kisses they are lol.

The kiss before she was on top of him on the sofa had tongue action. I remembered watching it a few times just to see if there's any at all.

I don't think the kisses here are going to be as natural as the original. I haven't even really see any Korean dramas that kisses like that.

Ananda doesn't have to get all the kissing scenes down to perfection but I want him to do justice to the original. And make Yul's character less creepy and more relatable. The grandma has to have similar personality cause she's important to me anyway lol

Noire89

Simply smile
I remembered joining this forum that is dedicated to the Goong's couple. And if anyone knows netizen are like freaking detectives hahahah. They had the kissing scenes in slow motion...stills and had arrows pointing and such to show what kind of kisses they are lol.

The kiss before she was on top of him on the sofa had tongue action. I remembered watching it a few times just to see if there's any at all.

I don't think the kisses here are going to be as natural as the original. I haven't even really see any Korean dramas that kisses like that.

Ananda doesn't have to get all the kissing scenes down to perfection but I want him to do justice to the original. And make Yul's character less creepy and more relatable. The grandma has to have similar personality cause she's important to me anyway lol
They turned into kissing detectives then?:risas3::risas3::risas3:
Hard core fans right there, even I don't have that kind of dedication:risas3::risas3::risas3:

And you're right no other drama has had the same kissing formula that worked so well in Goong/Princess Hours.

Ananda better get queen grandma right.

The kissing might not be the same but done right even tap kisses between the leads would be fine, as long as their romance is developed well enough for me to imagine that behind the scenes they go wild:naughty2::risas3::risas3:

(Sorry. My inner teen half is going crazy and squee over the remake, while my adult half is saying stop being a pervert they are still teens in the drama, you have grown they have not:fighting3:)

spanky

sarNie OldFart
The kiss in "Kiss Me", wasn't bad...not to crazy but not odd/weird which Is how I find most thai kiss in lakorn. Except for 1hd/ch5

Sot Story was realistic...Sean pretty good at it. The U-prince series, Ugly duckling...they do it well

Noire89

Simply smile
The kiss in "Kiss Me", wasn't bad...not to crazy but not odd/weird which Is how I find most thai kiss in lakorn. Except for 1hd/ch5

Sot Story was realistic...Sean pretty good at it. The U-prince series, Ugly duckling...they do it well
I hope they manage to give us some nice kisses so we can all say is good they have all sorts of chemistry together.
Those series were less reserved with their kissing, and a lot of the coming of age series I have seen from Thailand have been rather risky, but in a good way, nothing vulgar. I saw the Ugly Duckling series completely during a weekend snow storm and part one of the U Prince series because of my sister in law who is in love with Push and his acting.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Ananda is pretty good about his own kissing scenes so I don't think he will shy away from it. If this was a channel 3 they probably try to angle it somehow.