Apichet ''BiG'' Kittikorncharoeun

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
Big, of boyband D2B, dies after four-year coma
Hundreds of his fans pack hospital, funeral

SUTTHIWIT CHAYUTWORAKAN

Hundreds of fans of singer ''Big'' from the boyband D2B flocked to Siriraj hospital yesterday to bid farewell to the 25-year-old vocalist, who died of a blood infection after lying comatose for four years. The hospital ground was packed with young fans who mourned and wept over the death of Paranawat Kittikorncharoen, better known as Big, a member of the boyband trio D2B.

Big was diagnosed with a fungal infection of the brain after dirty water entered his lungs when his car plunged into a roadside ditch in Samut Prakan province on July 22, 2003.

Thousands of fans, mostly teenagers, kept vigil over the pop star at Vichaiyuth hospital for several weeks after his admission following the accident.

Many skipped classes to visit him while some suffered depression, sparking concern among parents.

After a series of brain operations and treatment lasting months, the singer was discharged from hospital and has been nursed by his parents since then.

On Nov 30, Big was admitted to Siriraj hospital for a lung infection, but did not response to treatment and died yesterday, only six days after his family and fans celebrated his 25th birthday.

Udom Kittikorncharoen, Big's father, said he had prepared himself for the loss of his son as his condition had deteriorated.

''We have done our best to take care of him over the past four years,'' he said. Big was a patient under Her Majesty the Queen's patronage.

Woravej Danuwong and Kawee Tanjararak, the other two members of the band, returned from Surat Thani province, where they were on a concert tour, to attend their best friend's funeral at Wat Namdaeng in Samut Prakan's Bang Phli district.

The temple was packed with Big's fans and people from the entertainment business. Mourners queued to enter a small pavilion where the body was placed for religious rites.

Police boosted security to provide safety for funeral guests, said Samut Prakan police chief Wittaya Prayongphan.

A 15-year-old girl who travelled from Bangkok to attend the funeral said Big's departure was one of the saddest incidents in her life.

The girl, calling herself Kat, said she had never missed a D2B concert since the band was formed in 2001.

Nichada Jitngamsujarit, 16, also from Bangkok, said she liked all of D2B's songs, but her favourite was Ter Jeb, Chan Jeb (You Hurt, I Hurt).

The song was composed after Big entered a coma, and has become a theme song which Big's fans and the two members of the band sing for him at every concert.

Nareerat Traiyasuth, a 40-year-old fan, said she had followed Big's condition because her 20-year-old daughter was a big fan.

''Now I've become a fan too. I always believed that he would recover and sing again. I never thought that he would die so soon,'' she said.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/10Dec2007_news05.php

kumpangxruk

sarNie Adult
POP STAR DIES
Fans mourning heartthrob Big
D2B idol dies after four years in a coma following canal car plunge Published on December 10, 2007

Teen heartthrob Parnrawat Kittikorn-charoen, better known as Big of boy band D2B, died yesterday after four years in a coma, his doctors said.

Parnrawat's coma was caused by a brain infection he contracted after his car plunged into a polluted canal in 2003. His death came a week after family, friends and fans celebrated his 25th birthday.

About a hundred tearful members of Big's fan club flocked to Siriraj Hospital yesterday to make their farewells. Pichaya Pongcharoen, a Mathayom 5 student at Satree Watrakang School, said she had been a fan since she was in Mathayom 1 and was shocked to hear of Big's death.

Tassanee Suriyasenee, a 17-year-old from Satree Nakhon-sawan School, said she was very sad that Big had left his family and fans forever. She has all Big's albums and books about him and has taken part in activities with Big's family and fan club in the four years since his accident.

In late 2001, three boys of different ages and from different places - Kawee "Beam" Tanjararak, Worrawech "Dan" Danuwong and Apichet (Big's old name) - came together as a boy band named D2B for the first letters of their nicknames and released a self-titled debut album that same year. Despite a slow start, sales eventually exceeded a million copies.

D2B won teenagers over with hits such as "Tor Na Chan (Ther Tham Yangnan Dai Yangrai)" (Why Did You Do That Before Me?) and "Mai Mee Ther Wannan Mai Mee Chan Wannee" (Without You Then, Without Me Now). Their music videos, starring the three lads, also went down well with teenagers.

Parnrawat, who charmed fans with his bright egg-shaped face and sexy eyes and beetle brows, was the only child of Udom and Yupha in Samut Prakan.

The third-year student of mass communication at Bangkok University was an outgoing person with a sense of humour.

"I'm not the type of guy who likes to be confined to a room," Big is quoted as saying in the book "D2B: The Definite Collective Photography Album", released in 2003.

"Big is the only child, so he is rather self-centred," the book quotes Beam as saying. "But he loves friends."

Big's first school was Theparak Kindergarten. In his teens he studied at Assumption School in Samrong until Mathayom 3, and then at Pensamit School in Bang Kapi.

While in high school, he got his first public exposure as a model in two TV commercials for Pepsi and Swensen's ice cream.

Soon after joining the singing club in high school, Big was advised by a teacher to enter the "Star Challenge" singing contest being held by RS Promotion. It was his first step on the road to stardom as a member of D2B.

Research showed that D2B's members appealed to a variety of audiences. Beam was adored by university students, Big was a teen heartthrob and Dan's appeal was universal due mainly to his boy-next-door looks.

D2B won many awards over the years.

In the photograph album book, Big said of his future: "I would like to have a meadow with a dairy farm because I would like to be a boss, not a follower. Most importantly, I think that it is private and peaceful."

Big's funeral rites are being held at Wat Nam-daeng in Samut Prakan until December 15.

Kitchana Lersakvanitchakul

The Nation

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/12/10...al_30038479.php

Pac

sarNie Egg
AWWW i was hoping he was gonna come bak T.T his mum and dad must be really upset, they did everything in hopes of him coming bak~! R.I.P P'big

smiley_ka

sarNie Egg
Wow--I'm speechless``
I had no idea this was coming.
I really thought Big would get better.
I'm sadden by this news, but at least
he is resting in peace..^^ He'll be missed &
remembered by everyone.

Karen

Donghae and Siwon
thanks P'Jenny for sharing the news with us!! so sad!! first dan and beam were force to slipt up and now this!! wah!

R.I.P P'Big!!! you will always be in our hearts and never be forgotten

Hiatus

Super Momo
omg this is so sad, RIP
I was really hoping for a D2B comeback even though I wasnt really a fan...
this is so sad I wanna cry -__-

karen_moo

sarNie Adult
OMG! =OOOOOOOOOOO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
RIP P'BIG!
you willa lwyas be missed. this is sooo saddd! OMGGGGGGGGG
I thoguth he was getting betterrr!!! WTHHH!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGg =(
i wish the best for his parents also.
i'm still shockeddd =( ERRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

TubbyTinker

You're Average Person :)
i will sure miss him...omg... 2007 is the worst year for me ...so many things happen this year....

i was watching all his music vdos along with his lakorn wai rai freshy...i was crying like heck man......so sad....

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
I am truly sadden by this..i honestly thought he was recovering..i know his condition was unstable..but still...**tears** these 4 years of him fighting...this was so unexpected...my heart is just shattered at the moment...my dearest wish goes out to his parents, Dan & Beam and of course us fans...at least we know he's not suffering anymore...rest in peace my dear Sleeping Prince...you'll forever be remembered..

Mook

sarNie Egg
No more suffering now as I heard your cousin say , God needed an angel and he took you the one who was suffering. Your safe now and in a good place I will look after your cousin for you so do not worry I'll look after your family too. May your body R.I.P you don't deserve this but have a good sleep and hope your next life will be better for you. Look down on us proud ok. We were always proud of you.

http://hilight.kapook.com/view/18202

Hey guys I know one of P'Big's cousins and Just want to say to her that we are all here for her only time can take it from now.

And I think his parents wanted him to go with no more pain so they let him go. No one wants to see their children suffer. I feel so bad for the family.