BAD COUPLE [KDRAMA] - 2007

cecilia

Staff member
Drama title: Bad Couple
Broadcasting station: SBS
Official date of airing: June 2, 2007 - Saturday & Sunday 9.55 pm Korean Time (replacing Blue Fish)
Cast:Shin Eun Gyung, Ryu Soo Young, Byun Jung Soo, Pak Joon Gyu, Choi Jung Yoon, Pak Sang Min, Chae Min Seo, Yoo Gun
Script: Choi Soon Jik (Please Come Back Soon Ae/ Wonderful Life)
Director: Lee Min Woo (Spring Days/ All In)
Official Website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/badcouple/
Teaser Website: http://tv.sbs.co.kr/badcouple/teaser.html
Download Teaser/Preview here: mms://eventvod.sbs.co.kr/event/tv/bad_pre_070517.wmv
Long Preview: mms://eventvod.sbs.co.kr/event/tv/badcouple_sisa_0523.wmv
Download: http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB ll http://clubbox.co.kr/iyagi
English Sub : http://www.d-addicts.com/forum
SYNOPSIS:

Story revolves around a weird relationship between Choi Gi Chan (RSY), a University Botanic Professor and a career woman/workaholic Kim Dang Ja (SEG). Dang Ja suddenly wants to have her own baby but doesn't want to give in or commit to a relationship with a guy. So she goes in search for the man with the "perfect genes" to persuade him to give in to a one night stand relationship. Choi Gi Chan, a person with all the necessary traits becomes her target and things start to get interesting when she discovers GC is not that easy a person to tackle. Gi Chan conservative perception about sex after marriage becomes her barrier....
soompi said:
Synopsis from SBS...

A romantic comedy between a woman who doesn’t believe in love and a man who is devoted to her…

A bad woman with liberal values“
Who cares about marriage? Just spend one night with me.”
Kim Dang-ja, an independent woman who wants to be a single mother by choice

A perfect man with conservative values“
Since we spent one night together, we have to get married. You’re the one I love, and we were meant to be together.”
Choi Gi-Chan, the most conservative man you’ve ever met.

One woman’s incredible strategy to seduce a man!

Dang-ja (Shin Eun-kyung) is a successful editor of a glossy, high fashion magazine. She is stylish and looks as if she is a beautiful heroine who walked right out of a romantic novel. However, there is more to her than what meets the eye. To hold onto her job and maintain her reputation, she works at a furious pace every day. People call her an old maid, but the last thing on her mind is getting married. Marriage would only interfere with her career. She’s the epitome of a smart and savvy woman. With her hectic schedule, marriage is a luxury she can’t afford. In addition, none of her friends are happy in their marriages. One day, when Dang-ja witnesses her friend Han Young’s (Choi Jung-yoon) husband Kim Yoon-suk (Park Sang-min) cheating on his wife, she gets furious.
Marriage? Forget it! Dang-ja enjoys every moment of her life as a single woman. But sometimes she has her doubts about being alone for the rest of her life. When she sees children with their mothers or her friend Dol-soon’s daughter, she can’t help but feel emptiness in her heart. Meanwhile, Dang-ja hears the sad news that her favorite teacher from high school passed away. Because her teacher was single all her life, she had no family to handle her funeral. Dang-ja is shaken by the experience and she becomes scared for her own future. She doesn’t want to die a lonely death like her teacher.
So she suddenly decides that having a baby is the answer to her problems. But how can she have one when she’s not even married? It’s quite common to be a single, working mother in the West, but in a conservative and rigid society like Korea, it is socially unacceptable.
Determined to have a child, she heads for a sperm bank. However, she is denied because of her single status. But that will not stop her from getting what she wants. She sets out to find a smart, tall, athletic, and good-looking man to have a baby with a perfect set of genes.
Main Casts Intro

Kim Da Ja (Shin Eun Gyeong) - Fashion Magazine Editor
Choi Gi Chan (Ryu Soo Young) - Seoul University Botanic Professor
Na Dol Soon (Byun Jung Soo) - Housewife; Kim Da Ja's good friend
Han Young (Choi Jung Yoon) - Kim Dang Ja's good friend
Kim Yeong Suk (Park Sang Min) - Gyneacologist; Han Young's husband; Having an affair with Kim Sae Yun
Kim Sae Yun (Chae Min Seo) - Cosmetic surgeon; Having affair with Kim Yeong Suk
Seo Jun Soo (Yoo Gun) - Model; Han Young's fake lover
Choi Yong Gu (김하균) - Fashion Mag Photographer; Na Dol Soon's Husband
Credit: soompi
================================================================================
===========

this is a good kdrama, i havent' watch any kdrama lately, but as soon as i start on this one, i start to like it .. it's worth the waiting to have it aired every weekend ja ..

sarN

sarNie Granny
im d/ling it now so hopefully it good !!! I need to catch up on my Korean Drama hahaha i just finsh 4 eps of "COffee Prince " and 1 eps of " Capital Scandal "

cecilia

Staff member
^haha, same here, i need to catch up with my kdrama, i haven't watch any until BAD COUPLE make another hit for me.. i'm glad you're downloading it ja b/c this one is definitely entertaining all the way to the end. .. i'm waiting anxiously for episode 16 .. my clubbox download seem to lag today .. :( .. haha, i think this is better than CAPITAL SCANDAL .. coffee prince start out good too ..

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
I'm downloading ep 16...this drama is definitely worth watching...n a happy ending is a plus for me

coffee prince seem to be popular...on my watch list too...n golden bride...

cecilia

Staff member
^was golden bride good? .. i mean, i read the synopsis and it remind me of HANOI BRIDE except the tv version .. but was it any good? ..
btw, i just got done episode 16 .. definitely worth the weekend for me..LOl .. i wanna watch that fat one drama too .. it look promising ..

sarN

sarNie Granny
i haven't watch "golden bride" cuz i read it 50 eps long and i dont' like long seriess it hard to wait for it LOL and long eps mean lots of slow pace and dragy .. debating if i should watch it . I just finsh 2 eps of " bad couple " it pretty funnie but i think the leading girl is a bit tombish not so much ladylike . Also , i watch up to eps 3 of "CAPITAL SCANDAL" i really like the setting very much so it was refreshing so it on my addicted list as for " coffee prince " it started off good . I like the idea of girl mistaken as a boi cuz i will fall for the girl den the leading guy LOL.

Linn

SarNworld Wonderer
golden bride is better than hanoi...since there's more to the story...so far it's ok..n yes some parts kinda draggy...

for bad couple...even thu I don't understand but it's happy ending...that's what I want in a drama

n looking for ward to the fat guy drama too...another romantic comedy..yay...right now enjoying coffee prince

cecilia

Staff member
^bad couple as in they're a bad set of pair. they're not meant to be a couple .. but anyway, in the series .. she try to trick him just so he can give her a baby b/c she doesn't want to marry. anyway, later on, the story got even more interesting b/c what she have plan for have fail her and so yeah, it was good. super funny toward the end too. plus he's not good looking but his character is very charming. feel bad for him half of the time. i dislike the fiance though ..

sarN

sarNie Granny
omg . dis drama is soooooo funnieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee but also sadddddddddddddddddddddddd. I really love the humor for the first 7 eps . I crack up so bad omg hahahahah . I fall of the chair at the scene where Dang ja fall in dat barrel trying to get some soy sauce LOL !!!! I keep rewinding to dat scene it just soo Fobish funnie

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
i don't why korean drama's always have not good looking male leads or girls leads.

myx

sArNieZ
i've got nothing to say about this drama except "oh my god it's sooo good".
just finish watching it, and i'm in love w/ it. i loved how she doesn't want to marry but want to raise a kid by herself. i want to be like her too. i think she's very good at seducing him to sleep w/ her.
the beginning is so funny, the end is soo sad. love everything about this drama upset her friends.

cecilia

Staff member
three words, I LOVE IT! .. this drama definitely redefine the whole 'LOOK' for me. i mean, before, i base my drama on good looking ppl but after trying out the not so
good looking ppl with GREAT acting together, i begin to love and watch the old drama with good actors/actresses with good plot rather than cheesy teen drama...LOL