[Ch3] Duang Jai Tewa Prom Series (Unknown)

hhsl9407

sarNie Hatchling
I'm surprised that I don't really see so much hype around this series...or maybe because I only stick to English platforms? I wonder how it is over in Thailand...what are the Thai online netizens saying about this drama?
On Pantip and Twitter I think the engagement are high now. Gulf Kao has large international fanbase and the casts gain moderate recognition already recently. There was long gap between because CH3 kept this project for so long ever since their announcement. I think last year should be best for release since it was also 10 years anni of the father series :D but anyway I still have high hopes for this.

Yeah they’re having the launch event for this drama. I’m guessing the channel’s anniversary event/football match this year will feature this drama heavily the way they did for SJ years ago.
I'm excited for this year event too, last year left no impression on me...was hoping that they can give the hyper and fun vibe back like the old time.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
On Pantip and Twitter I think the engagement are high now. Gulf Kao has large international fanbase and the casts gain moderate recognition already recently. There was long gap between because CH3 kept this project for so long ever since their announcement. I think last year should be best for release since it was also 10 years anni of the father series :D but anyway I still have high hopes for this.

I'm excited for this year event too, last year left no impression on me...was hoping that they can give the hyper and fun vibe back like the old time.

I see BL fan not interested and just want their actors (ML) to pair up with the other guys or their ship.

I'm actually excited for the series after seeing the trailers

nat12

sarNie Adult
There was long gap between because CH3 kept this project for so long ever since their announcement. I think last year should be best for release since it was also 10 years anni of the father series :D but anyway I still have high hopes for this.
Covid slowed down the shooting for many dramas. And this is such a huge project involving so many people.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I don't know about the other 4 series but Laorchan will be on Netflix in Thailand. I wonder...would this affect live views on CH3 and to what extent if it does? And I wonder if 'they' (I don't know who is in charge of making the deals for airing rights in other countries for Duangjai Devaprom) have made any deals to air all 5 series in other countries? Currently, I don't know who will sub this so I might have to just wait for someone to upload with subs or use my brother's vpn:facepalm:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
The Enchantment of Dhevaprom.jpeg
Source: @NoProblemFG on X

The Enchantment of Dhevaprom happened yesterday. Here's the full video of the event. You can enjoy watching it if you haven't:love:

Other than promoting the series, there's a collaboration for a perfume collection. It's called 'SCENT OF DHEVAPROM PERFUME COLLECTION', with each scent in the collection named after and inspired by the 5 different lakorns.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I don't know about the other 4 series but Laorchan will be on Netflix in Thailand. I wonder...would this affect live views on CH3 and to what extent if it does? And I wonder if 'they' (I don't know who is in charge of making the deals for airing rights in other countries for Duangjai Devaprom) have made any deals to air all 5 series in other countries? Currently, I don't know who will sub this so I might have to just wait for someone to upload with subs or use my brother's vpn:facepalm:

Ch 3 has been annoying with their lakorn. They are not really having it available on YT.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I don't know about the other 4 series but Laorchan will be on Netflix in Thailand. I wonder...would this affect live views on CH3 and to what extent if it does? And I wonder if 'they' (I don't know who is in charge of making the deals for airing rights in other countries for Duangjai Devaprom) have made any deals to air all 5 series in other countries?
If it’s airing on Netflix Thailand at the same time then I don’t think it will affect live views on Ch3. To have it on Netflix Thailand is Ch3’s attempt to attract viewers in Thailand who aren’t watching tv and aren’t 3+ subscribers to watch the drama.

Prom Likit was Ch3’s most popular drama regionally and it wasn’t available on Netflix outside Thailand while it was still on tv, I believe. Ch3 preferred to sell it to regional broadcasters first.

If it’s on Netflix Thailand though… I think the questionable uploading sites will somehow get their hands on it and upload it to their sites with Eng subs. That happened for PL.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ch 3 has been annoying with their lakorn. They are not really having it available on YT.
I think they will never do that. They want people to download their app instead. But their digital promo strategy via YouTube and other social media is also very weak, IMO. In this era of social media marketing, it’s like their publicity & promo teams are stuck in 2010. They don’t know how to create trends on social media to attract people to watch. I don’t have TikTok so maybe they’re successful there, but I really doubt it.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I watched episodes 2 & 3 live but because I don't know Thai, I was lost during the history storytelling scenes. I managed to find English subs on Dailymotion so I will watch those later. I have also read some comments on Pantip. There is someone who does a review listing what he/she thinks is done well, what was confusing or doubts that he/she has after watching the episodes. I found such posts particularly interesting to read.

For those who have watched the episodes, what are your thoughts?

geestory

sarNie Hatchling
I watched episodes 2 & 3 live but because I don't know Thai, I was lost during the history storytelling scenes. I managed to find English subs on Dailymotion so I will watch those later. I have also read some comments on Pantip. There is someone who does a review listing what he/she thinks is done well, what was confusing or doubts that he/she has after watching the episodes. I found such posts particularly interesting to read.

For those who have watched the episodes, what are your thoughts?
i found eng subs through lakorn galaxy, unfortunately i don't know how to use vpn to watch on netflix
i'm just really curious about laor's origins, like how is she related to tewaprom family since her last name is the same as soifah/from wiengphukam ! i wonder how long it'll take for us to find out !

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Hopefully, someone will sub these, as a fan of the original series--follow up dramas like these usually fall short but I'll give it a chance.

I'm not much into the Tewaprom being intertwined with this generation but I'll suck it up lol I know they not their mothers but still....ugh evil mother in laws who they'll probably end up trying to redeem AGAIN.

Personally for me, he young and too white looking but I think Chai Pee and Kwan's son is the better looking one. I'm interested in their story too--looks like most are just disappointed bc that they made him a boring police officer, instead of a soldier like in the book but I guess they wanted to give go this route bc Peak's character is already special forces too so that might give it too much overlap.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I think they will never do that. They want people to download their app instead. But their digital promo strategy via YouTube and other social media is also very weak, IMO. In this era of social media marketing, it’s like their publicity & promo teams are stuck in 2010. They don’t know how to create trends on social media to attract people to watch. I don’t have TikTok so maybe they’re successful there, but I really doubt it.

It's annoying

Even ch 7 has been posting more on YT

I feel, now there is less international viewer....no eng sub

I don't need it....but they need to learn to market better because they do have international fans

nat12

sarNie Adult
It's annoying

Even ch 7 has been posting more on YT

I feel, now there is less international viewer....no eng sub

I don't need it....but they need to learn to market better because they do have international fans
I agree with you. But I don’t know what Ch3 is thinking. The management doesn’t seem to be working in this current era, sigh.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I'm interested in 2 of the story the most and of course it is the 4th ans 5th story -.-

The other don't seems so bad.....but the "revenge plot".....is eh to me

Last edited:

Fikachu

Good to be back!
Since Laorchan is ending this Sunday, what are your thoughts about this first story so far? And looking at how the other stories are starting to promote/film promotional materials, what are you expecting for the next story?

Kwanreuthai has been posting something everyday since last week so I'm getting excited. I'm most curious about Jaiphisut though. Not much has been posted about that story so far, so as a non-novel reader, I want to know more of the behind-the-scenes stuff, more pics or videos showing off the leads' chemistry etc.