❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Physical attractiveness does matter. It’s what directs people toward a particular lakorn or might pique their interest to check it out. Then the storyline and acting will be what keep them watching or not. Moreover, a good-looking guy, even with bad acting skills, will get people’s attention even if he can’t speak Thai fluently.

Take this lakorn as example, the storyline was a given, but many were interested cause of the leads. But, who kept watching cause the leads are good looking? What about the Matt or Nadech fans or the lurkers in this thread? Doesn’t appear that many continued to watch because it’s boring and no lead chemistry. It’s one thing to not waste your time on lakorns with bad scripts, no chemistry, etc. but what about wasting your time in a thread of a lakorn you’re not even watching? Some don’t even like the lead lol. @bit - Looks like you like watching paint dry cause you're always in here lol.

I’ve seen the phrase “not my cup of tea” as a reason why some people won’t watch a lakorn – referring to an actor/actress. If I don’t care for a particular actor, I won’t tune in regardless of the storyline. Revenge and slap/kiss is my favorite genre and HJS would have been on my must-see list but, why isn’t it? Cause I didn’t find Tor attractive as a lead to watch. However, in IFWT, didn’t matter that Tor was in it, but I tuned in because he wasn’t the main attraction, it’s an ensemble casts and for the family/murder plot.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
right im wondering who just watches cause a person is good looking
Plenty...some are just that dedicated. Sometimes a pretty face overshadows everything. More power to them, I guessed lol. I have been on Netflix and watched some random movies and drama and half of them got some not good looking leads but somehow as I get trapped into the storyline I forgot just how unattractive they are. Turkish series pretty much changed my mind about pretty face and good acting lol.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
In that case I better leave this thread and let the worshipper worship their amazing actor.

I better go where drama fans can take critism.

adios..
Leaving the thread? What for hahhaha. Some lakorn threads are more entertaining than the actual lakorns lol. Sometimes, it's like a train wreck that even if I want to leave but I keep on coming back for more. Majority of the time, if someone quote or mentioned me and if the poster usually doesn't reply to me in the past when I quote them I don't bother replying hahahah. I don't let what people say in a forum or any forum bothers me. I tend to say what I want to say then move on. Different opinions are in every threads. And that's the part I find entertaining the most. Maybe because I have been to other forums where thread like these seemed so sweet in comparison lol

bit

sarNie Adult
Leaving the thread? What for hahhaha. Some lakorn threads are more entertaining than the actual lakorns lol. Sometimes, it's like a train wreck that even if I want to leave but I keep on coming back for more. Majority of the time, if someone quote or mentioned me and if the poster usually doesn't reply to me in the past when I quote them I don't bother replying hahahah. I don't let what people say in a forum or any forum bothers me. I tend to say what I want to say then move on. Different opinions are in every threads. And that's the part I find entertaining the most. Maybe because I have been to other forums where thread like these seemed so sweet in comparison lol
I guessed I’m in a generation where I don’t feel like having a long hostile discussion in a forum anymore, been there done that. I catch a glimpse of this drama now and then since I like Broadcast work before and this was taut to be ‘the great lakorn’. Raeng Ngao2 was a disaster. I didn’t they can flop more than that then this happen:facepalm:

So I better go lurk somewhere else. Chippy lakorn with Puen is cute, or I just go stay with my Spanish series where the leads chemistry can flame up TV:)

Byebye.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I guessed I’m in a generation where I don’t feel like having a long hostile discussion in a forum anymore, been there done that. I catch a glimpse of this drama now and then since I like Broadcast work before and this was taut to be ‘the great lakorn’. Raeng Ngao2 was a disaster. I didn’t they can flop more than that then this happen:facepalm:

So I better go lurk somewhere else. Chippy lakorn with Puen is cute, or I just go stay with my Spanish series where the leads chemistry can flame up TV:)

Byebye.
Lol. Oh ch3 lakorns are mostly flop. If you want to see some good chemistry, check out Mookda and Michael’s lakorn, ch7 that’s currently airing.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
For me physical appearance of the leads is very important when I’m watching a romance focused drama. I guess I’m just kind of shallow lol It’s hard for me to start a romance drama if one of the leads is unattractive. However sometimes if the story, chemistry, or acting is good enough I’ll continue watching the drama. For this particular lakorn, I was so excited to watch it because Nadech and Matt are both very attractive people to me looks wise and it would finally be a new and fresh pairing that I was dying for. However good looks wasn’t enough to keep me on board with this and I dropped it very early on. Besides some good eye candy, this lakorn lacks a whole lot. The chemistry between the leads isn’t good, the acting is eh, and the storyline looks to be boring from all the clips I see on ig. Such a major failure in all departments. Wish it didn’t turn out this way but it’s just so blah.

Stacysimms

sarNie Egg
For me physical appearance of the leads is very important when I’m watching a romance focused drama. I guess I’m just kind of shallow lol It’s hard for me to start a romance drama if one of the leads is unattractive. However sometimes if the story, chemistry, or acting is good enough I’ll continue watching the drama. For this particular lakorn, I was so excited to watch it because Nadech and Matt are both very attractive people to me looks wise and it would finally be a new and fresh pairing that I was dying for. However good looks wasn’t enough to keep me on board with this and I dropped it very early on. Besides some good eye candy, this lakorn lacks a whole lot. The chemistry between the leads isn’t good, the acting is eh, and the storyline looks to be boring from all the clips I see on ig. Such a major failure in all departments. Wish it didn’t turn out this way but it’s just so blah.
Yeah good looks isn’t always enough to keep watching something. I’d prefer people with pretty faces but if they freaking suck at acting or simply just can never create good chemistry with their co-stars then what’s the point of watching lol

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart

Byebye.
I like Chippy’s lakorn with Puen too. It’s nice and different from a lot of Ch3’s recent lakorns. I needed a break from all the super crazy lakorns and all the time travel and multigenerational lakorns that Ch3 is putting out recently. Puen is grown on me a lot recently.

Zen G

sarNie Egg
How's the rating so far? Song Naree has ended weeks ago already. Is there any improvement with this lakorn? I haven't watched any of Nadech's lakorn...yet. Was hoping I'd get this a shot.

Zen G

sarNie Egg
Lol. Oh ch3 lakorns are mostly flop. If you want to see some good chemistry, check out Mookda and Michael’s lakorn, ch7 that’s currently airing.
What's the title of the lakorn? I like Channel 7 lakorns better for love stories, or OneHD. Am waiting on Min and Mik's new lakorn. It's a dream pairing for me as a fan of both. Weeee!

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
In case people are still interested...:risas3:

http://instagr.am/p/B3_anAWlTj9/
watching this lakorn is probably like being in the titanic just before it sank...lol..

If Helen of Troy is the face that launched a thousand ships. Then I think Matt is the face that launch thousands of boycott.:confused12:and this ratings are the result. Names this big shouldn’t have ratings this low no matter how the lakorn sucked in every way. Even if it’s bad acting and editing. The lakorn isn’t perfect but it’s not so bad in editing and acting that it should get a 1 point something rating..Ratings consistently this low ..it’s almost seem like no one watched not even the fans of both actors... it’s getting clearer every episode that this really is a boycott. No ands, ifs, or buts about it.. To think they waited and waited to let the issue die down because she decided to go on a certain path.. But people don’t easily forget I suppose..Matt just didnt back down instead of keeping low profile with that guy, Now not only Nadech but she brought down the entire production. The producer must have wondered if she made the right decision hiring her.. And If only her role is that of a demure and likable character it probably be more tolerable. but no it’s an annoying overacting one resulting in a futile attempt to mimick JJH whos perfect in this role made her even more annoying plus her scandal that people cant stand to watch her.. There are too many if only in this lakorn....if only they edited it right....If only the lead has chemistry....if only it isn’t Matt..if only Nadech didn’t accept this..then it would have saved the entire productiom the trouble of making this remake,

Last edited:

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
YES promote them! Hahaha. We welcome all. ;)
It's a very entertaining lakorn and I like it as well, plus the leads have good chemistry. The thread is refreshing, viewers FIN the leads and scenes together, and there are daily updates because people are actually watching it. The best part is....there are no haters and random fake watchers :risas3:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
I think he's very popular but would not be the best actor out there ( I myself like him a lot). I've watched too too many dramas/Movies from the USA, Thailand, Philippine, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, and China. His acting ability is average compare to someone like Sean Penn or Denzel Washington (USA), or Ken T (Thailand) or Yoo Ah In or Kim Soo Hyun (S. Korea) or amir khan (India).
Sorry. But Sean Penn and Denzel Washington are Americans, Nadech is from Thailand. We were talking best actor of Thailand not the world. ,Peoole from their respective counties don’t compete against other countries unless it’s an international nominations, which Nadech was also nominated at one point As well.
Nadech IS one of the best actors and if awards would be the basis then THE BEST In Thailand..His acting is natural though his character has nothing really special ex. autistic or crazy weird characters who likes to cry and scream.,, it’s harder to win in roles that are ordinary because people always think there nothing special about it, But real talent can make It stand out, Nadech did that or he wouldnt have won all those awards.
I’m not sure if you had seen all his dramas, But I was particularly impressed with Game Rai Game Rak where he played a kind light hearted innocent fisherman who fell in love with a stranger then later motivated by revenge evolved into a vengeful charming cunning rich-man. All throughout he was this “ villain” the love and vulnerability of that innocent fisherman , his real character showed every once in a while because of his love for the female lead. He did a brilliant job there. .. Also, I don’t think you’re aware, If you look at his Wikipedia you’d see his wins and nominatioms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadech_Kugimiya, more than 170 wins by 2018. I don’t think they’re all fake, . He has the most awards in the history of Thailand. If winning many best actor awards in Thailand is not a proof that he is one of the best actor There. then I don’t know how people would gauge their ability as actors. Cause everything can be just opinions and talks of anyone, But these awards are by those who are professionals, Ken T I suppose you mean Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan of Thailand who is older than Nadech has the 3rd most awards at 65 and Bird Thongchai who is so much older than Nadech had 85 by 2018. Even if you double the awards of the 2nd placer, he still won’t reach Nadechs number of awards...and he’s the youngest of the top 3..lol

l also watch dramas from other countries, I’m from USA,.
But overall England. probably Produced more brilliant actors than USA, K. Branagh , Collin Firth.. and of course the great Laurence Olivier who’s already dead lol Laurence Olivier was multi awarded British stage and movie actor from the 30s . He acts classically on stage plays but he was acting very naturally in movies unlike actors in the 1930s. He acted like how you would see peoole in real ordinary situation,,The height of his popularity was when he made Wuthering Heights,
A6A18619-995F-4887-A2F8-7C135907B070.jpeg 2868A4E8-7312-4B5C-90F5-A77C26DB6A1A.jpeg
Laurence Olivier as Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights with Merle Oberon

I think Nadech has that similar natural acting method). He was one of the first legendary actors from the early years. His love affair with Vivien Leigh, known to be one of the most beautiful actress at that time and the lead actress in Gone with the wind was the talk of the town,( it was scandalous) But they were the golden couple back then,

3481C175-0A29-4CAA-84A1-6B3343C9CA00.jpeg
Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O’Hara with Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind.

..in America I think Tom Hanks is probably one of the best,

Last edited:

sherieNY

sarNie Egg
Sorry. But Sean Penn and Denzel Washington are Americans, Nadech is from Thailand. We were talking best actor of Thailand not the world. ,Peoole from their respective counties don’t compete against other countries unless it’s an international nominations, which Nadech was also nominated at one point As well.
Nadech IS one of the best actors and if awards would be the basis then THE BEST In Thailand..His acting is natural though his character has nothing really special ex. autistic or crazy weird characters who likes to cry and scream.,, it’s harder to win in roles that are ordinary because people always think there nothing special about it, But real talent can make It stand out, Nadech did that or he wouldnt have won all those awards.
I’m not sure if you had seen all his dramas, But I was particularly impressed with Game Rai Game Rak where he played a kind light hearted innocent fisherman who fell in love with a stranger then later motivated by revenge evolved into a vengeful charming cunning rich-man. All throughout he was this “ villain” the love and vulnerability of that innocent fisherman , his real character showed every once in a while because of his love for the female lead. He did a brilliant job there. .. Also, I don’t think you’re aware, If you look at his Wikipedia you’d see his wins and nominatioms. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadech_Kugimiya, more than 170 wins by 2018. I don’t think they’re all fake, . He has the most awards in the history of Thailand. If winning many best actor awards in Thailand is not a proof that he is one of the best actor There. then I don’t know how people would gauge their ability as actors. Cause everything can be just opinions and talks of anyone, But these awards are by those who are professionals, Ken T I suppose you mean Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan of Thailand who is older than Nadech has the 3rd most awards at 65 and Bird Thongchai who is so much older than Nadech had 85 by 2018. Even if you double the awards of the 2nd placer, he still won’t reach Nadechs number of awards...and he’s the youngest of the top 3..lol

l also watch dramas from other countries, I’m from USA,.
But overall England. probably Produced more brilliant actors than USA, K. Branagh , Collin Firth.. and of course the great Laurence Olivier who’s already dead lol Laurence Olivier was multi awarded British stage and movie actor from the 30s . He acts classically on stage plays but he was acting very naturally in movies unlike actors in the 1930s. He acted like how you would see peoole in real ordinary situation,,The height of his popularity was when he made Wuthering Heights,
View attachment 37401 View attachment 37403
Laurence Olivier as Heathcliff in Wuthering Heights with Merle Oberon

I think Nadech has that similar natural acting method). He was one of the first legendary actors from the early years. His love affair with Vivien Leigh, known to be one of the most beautiful actress at that time and the lead actress in Gone with the wind was the talk of the town,( it was scandalous) But they were the golden couple back then,

View attachment 37404
Vivien Leigh as Scarlett O’Hara with Clark Gable as Rhett Butler in Gone With The Wind.

..in America I think Tom Hanks is probably one of the best,
Yes. I was very much impressed with Nadech in "Game Rai Game Rak"! That lakorn made me laugh, angry, fin and cry. I can see then that Nadech Kugimiya is one hell of an Actor, naturally gifted! His potential and versatility (comedy, drama, romance, suspense, action) was already evident at an early stage of his career and my gosh he was only 19 then and his third role/lakorn in GRGR. But he definitely blew me away! No doubt he deserves all those awards he took for GRGR and other lakorns too.

Last edited:

sherieNY

sarNie Egg
The first time I saw this thread. To be honest I didn't really like Matt Peranee from her looks. I don't know I would prefer another actress to be casted. Someone more beautiful and charming. I never heard of Matt Peranee then, first time (I'm a newbie when it comes to lakorn and I only watched lakorns of NY and their lakorns with other artists and recently I've been trying to catch up with other titles by other Actors like Kimmy, Mario, Taew James Jirayu, James Ma etc.) And then the scandal happened, I don't mean to be mean, as an avid fan of Nadech I won't miss MLFAS whoever is with him. Nadech is doing fine and well in his portrayal of Achira. And yes I would still wish for a different lead actress in MLFAS. As I continue to watch MLFAS, IMO, Matt her looks I think will be more suited as villain and not as a lead actress. There I said it.