[Ch3] Samee (Maker J)

cecilia

Staff member
I'd buy the official set as well .. love them together. Still can't believe that it ended today T_T

Ending was play out beautifully and cute <3!

Reactions: Mae

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
Where can you get official lakorn DVDs? I've been looking for a place to purchase. Even when I was in Thailand, I couldn't find a place to buy since we were mostly in the countryside. I'd like to get the SJ collectors set and Samee and some others.

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
This was an awesome lakorn and loved all the people in it. Especially Great and Preem, Mint and Alex. Hilarious when Ying Ai sniffed herself to see if she was causing Rarp to be nautious.I hope Great and Preem pair up again after their other lakorns.

samn09

sarNie Egg
Is there a place where I can get Thai lakorns with Englist subtitles? I want to buy this lakorn but no English subtitles so I can't understand it!

cecilia

Staff member
The SUPABURUT JUTHATHEP set was sold here: http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=76042 -- you might have to contact Khun Wiwat to see if he can back-order this for you ..

As for SAMEE .. they might make it to official since it's popular atm. We'll have to wait and see on that. I really want to grab myself a set once it's out.

Reactions: Mae

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
I must say I like the ending. All the bad guys got what they deserved. It was satisfying to watch them pay for their wrongdoings and that rarely happens in lakorn endings. Usually everyone is all kumbayah at the end or they go crazy. As I was watching it I was all happy that it looked like no bad guy was going to go crazy like in 99.9 % of all lakorns and then we got Ram's mom lol. But I guess I'll take it since it's one person out of 10 lol. I also like the fact that the good guys didn't have to be all saintly and forgive and forget the actions of the bad guys. That also usually happens and it makes me mad. It's so unreasonable. Like Rarb didn't have to say "I forgive you, now let's be friends" to Si. The oldest sister didn't go tell her murderous husband I forgive you and will always love you or some such crap. Even though the grandma told Si she forgave her, I'm happy that Rasika didn't say that. Rasika never made peace with her evil uncle or Surisong.

On the flip side I also like that the bad guys didn't do a last minute 180 and beg forgiveness from the good guys either. It was never realistic to me that someone who is evil or does evil can all of a sudden be "good" 2 seconds later just cause the lakorn is ending.

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
totally agreed with you guys above...this ying rasika is just my best...she's smart and strong and so understandable especially when it comes to rarp's problems...his family or his past mistress...

just love ying ai so much...loved all her wardrobes in here...it makes her look so good and expensive like great(rarp) and everybody else in this lakorn said..

still don't understand why sirisopa kept saying rarp is bad and also said ram is just like his older brother when she is the one that offered herself to both brothers..she know from the start that her relationship with rarp is no attachment..she is not his wife but only mistress..and when rarp is ready to get marry their contract is also come to an end..why she kept saying why rarp did that to her like left her when she already know that rarp doesn't love her and will leave her one day...

anyways..maybe i complain too much...

loved all scenes of rarp and ying ai together..just so sweet and romantic..they are too good together..can't believe its ended..just hope they get pair up again in the future..can't get enough of great and preem..

already missing this couple...gonna go rewatch samee.....

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Translated clip part II: 0:00-10:00

This part had Preem and Grate answering a lot.

Host: Preem, do you know that the way you dress in here looks really expensive? (Preem shyly smiles) Right?

Grate: True krub.

Host: Listen to what Grate had to say about you. When I asked him if you suited this role, he replied by saying, “She was perfect for the role before they even cast her to play in this lakorn.” You seem like a really nice person judging by the way you speak about her.

Grate: Based on Preem’s characteristic, from her facial features to her physique and mannerism, when she plays the role of a princess, she really suits it because her true persona is already like a princess. And when she goes and plays it in a lakorn, it’s even clearer that she matches the role.

Host: No matter which outfit you wear, they all look expensive. Do you know that? Do you understand?

Preem: I understand.

Host: If you don’t understand, uncle will teach you so that you do. (everyone laughs)

Preem: I understand ka.

Host: No matter which outfit you wear, you look great and they all look really expensive. And Jaja plays with you. In the lakorn, she really hates you a lot. But do you remember when you guys were on set? Jaja is crazy. When, she plays a character, she has to become that character. She begins to talk about nong Preem , complimenting how pretty and adorable she is along with how nicely she dresses. Did you know what she did? She went to try on the clothes from your wardrobe. Isn’t she dislikeable?

Jaja: I like to secretly look at Grate and Preem acting in their scenes because their scenes are filled with romance and sweetness to a point where I dislike it. I hate it. I don’t have any of that. My name is also nothing special and very ordinary. I feel like I come from a nameless family without any notable reputation. It makes me take a look at Preem and see how beautiful she is. So it makes me want to try on her clothes.

Host: So you heard everyone on the set talk about how expensive looking Preem’s outfits are which tempted you into trying them on.

Jaja: So I tried it on to see if I’d look as beautiful. As I tried her outfit and looked in the mirror, it was very flattering.  (everyone begins to crack up because Jaja is speaking comedically) It was very beautiful .

Preem: She secretly tried on my outfit? (laughs)

Grate: Preem never knew about this.

Host: This is a true story.

Min: I knew about it.

Host: So you’re feeling guilty and confessing?

Min: We tried to make her look like Preem by mimicking her every style.

Host: Oh, you wanted to see if Jaja would look as rich in the same outfits.

Jaja: Min also tried too!

Min: No no no. (laughs out loud)

Host: Not true because the truth is, when she wore the outfit, she saw herself looking very poorly. Not expensive looking at all (everyone cracks up)

But while playing for real, there’s always a scene that one finds most challenging and had to give their all to convey their character to the best of his/her abilities. For you, which scene was it?

Grate: If I had to choose, I’d pick two scenes where I find it most difficult to play. One of those scenes deals with my father. When he’s sick or something happens to him, I can’t naturally express my emotions quite right. Because if it was to happen in real life, I wouldn’t react the way I’d act in lakorns. No matter what, I have to give it my all because I accepted to play Rarb’s character.  The director explained to me that he’s the backbone of the family. If he was to show any weakness, the family will fall apart. This scene required me to hold in my emotions but I had to express some sorrow at the same time.

And the scene where I had to play with my brother before my father found out that he suffered from a disorder. It was hard because we’re
pretty close off set but have to play as the opposite on set.  When we look at each other’s face during the scene, we feel that it’s not truthfully how we feel.   

Alex: As if that’s not right. Because when P’Grate becomes serious, I can’t take him seriously.

Grate: Before we enter the scene, we’d joke around endlessly. But when we begin to shoot, it’s hard to get into character. In the end, both of us have to give our all and play our characters the best we can. And we made it happen.  As for the scene when his disorder acts up, it feels very intense to play with him.

Host: You must’ve needed to get up to use the bathroom.  (everyone laughs) Very excellent work indeed. As a viewer, there was a scene where you guys were eating at the table, and Alex went to bother Grate at his home.  Alex took your bowl from you. I’m telling you Grate, if you had played that part a little wrong, Alex would’ve outperformed you. I’m not kidding because he’s very aggressive and vulgar. Do you remember? Before you guys ate the rice porridge. Make a little mistake and you’d lose to Alex. But it’s ok. You played well and passed.

Honestly, playing with Alex is very difficult.

Grate: I have to say something. When Alex’s angry, he comes with full force.

Host: If you encounter this in real life you wouldn’t know how to react.

As for you Preem, which is your most memorable scene? One you liked most. Or the most difficult?

Preem: I like scenes when we’re all together.

Host: You must like the warmness.   

Preem: I feel that when we’re acting together, each and every one of us is able to bring out the best in each other to make the lakorn what it is. We’re able to respond to each other’s acting whether it’d be scenes where we’re arguing or giving each other advice. The chemistry is there and it flows really smoothly making me admire the naturalness of it all.

Host: When you return home and watch the lakorn with your mom, you constantly question whether you’re too mad or angry. You critique your acting.

Preem: That’s very true. I tend to wonder if my face is too stiff.

Host: Not stiff at all. You played very well.

Preem: Thank you ka.

Host: Min krub, my goddess. When you play in this role you have to appear witty and clever and talk back a lot. You have to remember all your lines and have done so without failing. Is that true?

Min: Not true ka. (everyone disagrees and says that it’s true) Really? Ok, it can be true.  (laughs)

Host: They told us that. And there was a memorable scene that became a favorite of many men. It’s when you went with Waan and did sit ups. That scene was very impressive. You can do a lot of sit ups huh?

Min: I have to be strong and fit. I do about 45 sit ups 10 times.

Jaja: By the end of her routine, she’s going to need someone to push her back to sit up (pushes Min’s back)

Host: So can you really do that? Why are you covering your face?

Min: I can do it but after doing it five times, I become very tired. (laughs)

Host: Oh my goodness.

Min: Well this is a scene that involves me secretly checking him out as he’s kickboxing. I become very interested.

Host: Compare this role to your other roles. Do you like this role? Which scenes do you like the most?

Min: It has to be when I’m playing with P’Waan. Because in this lakorn, my character is very independent, smart, and strong. As for love, she doesn’t take much interest into it. Until one day, I finally fall in love. However, I misunderstand him and push him away from my life.  And come to find out in the end that what I thought wasn’t true. But it’s too late and I’ve already lost him. What can I do to make this man continue to stay in my life?

Grate: (Tries to wipe her imaginary tears away)

Mint: It just makes you feel like you want to hold on and ask them to not go. The feeling of loving someone very much and you feel bad for pushing them away in the first place. It makes one feel sad and cry.

Host: But you can pull it off and I can see that you’re still into your role.

Min: Yeah, because I don’t want to lose him in the lakorn.

Host: So just tell him because he’s sitting right here. (everyone laughs)

You play so well to be able to get lost into your character. Which scene do you like best?

Jaja:  Honestly, I like a lot of scenes. I like the ending scene. It makes me remember the man who is the real deal ever since the first day we met. ( I think her scene gets cut off)

Alex: It’s the scene when they found out how my character really is. Everyone should try to empathize him and understand why he acts the way he does. The scene made my character feel remorse and see how great his family is because no matter how many bad things he has done to them, they still stand behind him to protect him. It touched and inspired me to feel something so that I can deliver my emotions well. It helped a lot.

Host: Very well said. So you like that scene that you played?

Alex: Krub.

Host: And do you know that each time you have a scene, what does everyone on set do? Each person who is not shooting the scene with you goes to...

Everyone: Surround the monitor to watch Alex perform.

To be continued...

me_like

sarNie Egg
I have been a silent reader for a long time and didn't plan on posting but no one was commenting on the issue that the writers made Si cut Rarp with the same knife she had slashed herself with?  Her blood is on the knife. Doesn't this mean that Rarp is now infected with HIV?  The ending was beautiful and all but  I am a little unsettled with this.  Anyone share the same view?

Mae

sarNie Adult
me_like said:
I have been a silent reader for a long time and didn't plan on posting but no one was commenting on the issue that the writers made Si cut Rarp with the same knife she had slashed herself with?  Her blood is on the knife. Doesn't this mean that Rarp is now infected with HIV?  The ending was beautiful and all but  I am a little unsettled with this.  Anyone share the same view?

Omg, I thought I was the only one thinking that way. Good to know that I'm not alone. However, I wasn't thinking of it as in Si cutting herself and then slashing Rarp that he's infected... As for me, I was all concerned when Rarp had already been slashed and then Ram got hit and was bleeding all over. I kept thinking "please don't contaminate Ram's blood with yours Rarp since Ram has aids". I guess I forgot about the whole Si thing, maybe because it's not subbed yet and I haven't watched the news of aids yet...

judyp

sarNie Adult
so sad this has come to an end! i ached for ram as he was saying his last words. just as he gets his family back into his life, he ends up being betrayed by the two woman he truly loved. alex is really phenomenal as ram. i felt bad for wee. he lost his entire family. i loved all the lovey dovey scenes with rarp and khun ying. it was so cute everytime he got nauseous when he tried to kiss her. samee really showcased everyones acting ability, im truly impressed! this is up there with being one of my favorite lakorns.

lolad

sarNie Egg
Hello all Samee's fans
Im new here lol even this lakorn came to an end lol
I didnt register to comment for any lakorn just read the comment from anyone except this one lol i think i got Samee fever
I love this lakorn so much esp Preem-Great cp
I think I'm a big fan of Preem thr this lakorn from now on
Im looking for any fansites of Preem but couldnt find somewhere
Can someone please engsub the late show or any shows of Preem-Great?

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Translated clip part II: 10:01-18:12 (FINAL)

Host: There’s no preparation. Everyone would go and surround the monitor to anticipate how you’d take on and perform the scene.

Grate: Correct krub. The director would be like, ohhh ho, ohh ho (wow), very excellent. He came with full force.

Host: Really?

Everyone: Yes, really.

Host: He gave it his all. Really scary huh?

Jaja: I want everyone to picture a life monitor as the script. Alex would say every line correctly and filled with emotions like how a life monitor would show the heart beating up and down really quick. He’s an excellent performer.

(Haha, I understand what she’s saying but don’t quite recognize the words she’s using. So I came up with a similar scenario to try and explain the point she’s trying to make. I might be right or wrong. Sorry guys.)

Preem: No matter what he plays, he plays it well.

Grate: Right always (does his little hand gesture)

Host: That’s right. Each time you play, they surround the monitor to watch you act. No matter what you play, they’d all react by saying wow, very outstanding. It’s something to be very proud of.

Alex: Krub, I’m very proud of it.

(Shows clips of Alex's scenes)

Host: You know, as for me, the scenes where you play with ‘Fon (lady who plays his mother), I have to speak of her. It wouldn’t be right of me not to.

Alex: Right, you have to give her credit.

Host: This woman is very scary.

Everyone: Correct.

Grate: Even her son is scared (points at Alex and laughs)

Host: Are you afraid of her?

Alex: Yes, I’m afraid krub. When we’re not acting in a scene yet, can I talk about it? She has her own methods of getting into her character. She’d approach me and start saying “Nee na, mom is very proud of you son.” And this is not us acting in a scene. It’s outside of the scene.

Host: Outside of the scene audience.

Alex: At first, I thought she was playing with me.

Host: He thought that she was daydreaming. (not sure of what perr jer means)

Alex: Like what is she saying? But then I realized that it’s her method of preparing for a scene like, "Nee na, like, mother is very proud of you son. You’re a good leader." (speaking in a motherly tone) And I be like, krub, I love you too mom. I just play along and respond back to her. I don’t think much of it. When we’re about to enter a scene, we’d do this all day. Until when I return home, I forget and still be in character. (everyone laughs)

Host: But there’s this one scene. I’m sure you remember, where a man has to be feeling very overwhelmed to seek his mother, and his mother was about to go out. She was still talking on the phone . And you went to see her. Oh ho, that scene is very scary to me.

(Plays clip)

Host: From her eyes to her method of acting and getting off the phone to console her son by saying I love you son, I love you son.

Alex: Yeah, that’s when I started sweating because it was very hot.

Host: Very hot?

Alex: Truth is, if we were to shoot a scene in 3 days, and she has to be ready by the 3rd day, she would keep on thinking deeply about her a character. Until the 3rd day is when she releases all that character build up and excel in her scene. She has to use up all three days because by the first day, I be like ok P’Fon, the set is available. We can get this scene done and over with. And she’d reply by saying I’m not ready yet. Two more days. (everyone laughs)

Preem: Correct, outside of the scene, P’Fon, I’ve observed her and saw that she’d be very stress and tends to prefer to be left alone.

Min: At times, she’d talk to herself when she’s alone.

Host: Right. Nong Fon, I applaud you. You’re a brilliant actress. (thumbs up) I can tell from each scene that you play your role wonderfully by showing that no matter how your child is, it doesn’t matter, you’d still love your child no matter what. That’s nong Fon for you.

Which scene are you most proud of?

Waan: It has to be the scene involving Min where I try pursue a relationship with her because in the lakorn, Pattawee is not happy with his life. He’s a good person who’s not experiencing any happiness. His house consists of mostly conniving people who only thinks about doing bad things to others.

Host: Speaking of people in your house, your younger sibling is very despicable. Very dislikeable. When you have a younger sibling like that, you definitely won't be able to stand it. Your dad also. Combine this with your younger sibling and it'll be too much. 

Waan: And when I get out of the house, I can’t even have the woman I love. I can’t have the happiness  that I’ve always wanted. So when I encounter a woman who comes and attack me first, it makes me decide to invest in her and love her. (everyone reacts) There’s no harm in risking it because there’s nothing to lose (when his life is already this miserable).

Host: Oh wow, you talk like you’re experiencing this in real life.

Waan: (tosses his arms up in a cross to deny it)

Host: This is only a little synopsis about Samee audience. There’s still a lot to anticipate starting from Preem’s love scene with Grate in Hua Hin. Omg, that scene was very adorable. The scene involves them finally being intimate with each other for the first time. Very romantic and adorable. For real. No matter how you look at it, it doesn’t look like sex at all. It was filled with sweetness. You speak the truth. And the more you speak, the more Khun Ying starts to get mad. It was very sweet and filled with essence. It depicted true love.

And tell us why you have to always go and talk nicely to Jaja, Preem?

Preem: At first, I just think that her character is holding a grudge. Not a big deal. And then there are some scenes where she starts to threaten me. That’s when I start to ask her to sit closely to me.

Host: And this is outside of the scene because you’re afraid of her.

Preem: It’s because I’m the kind of person who likes to make myself feel comfortable. So I used this method to make myself feel comfortable with her.

Host: So you’re truly afraid of her?

Preem: A little bit. (Looks at Jaja and smiles)

Jaja: (reaches out to spook Preem out)

Preem: And we’d always act like this towards each other.

Host: Really? Overall, this lakorn really brings happiness to its viewers. And I have to admit that it’s really the lakorn of the year. That’s only a little description. There are still scenes that Alex and Jaja talked about, to how Grate and Preem began to understand each other, including other couples’ love story. I have to apologize again for each and every one of you who were unable to come here today. But I have to say that you guys are excellent performers. And this is my lakorn of the year, Samee krub.

And these are photos of the cast of the lakorn Samee who is here today. It’s been an honor for us today to have you all here. It’ll really be a challenge for lakorn makers in the future to top this. As for the script writer, I have to say once again, that I really admire and praise your work. Each line that’s written has each actor reading their scripts, inlcluding Alex who said so himself that he really wants to start acting the scene out immediately. Because each word that you’ve written is very moving. Each actor sitting here says that you’re a really great writer who puts much thought into writing the script for each character. You are a hard worker. I have to praise the producer also, Nok Jariya krub (lady who plays Ai’s mother). Very excellent work for lakorn Samee krub. Audience krub, this is the cast of Samee.

(Audience claps) (Final)

Finally done translating you guys. I hope you all enjoyed this interview. I sure did, and translating was even more fun because I got to understand what they were saying even more discreetly. I apologize if I didn't do a good job. Some sentences were in broken grammar because I translated them word for word, following the way they had spoken which weren't in complete sentences.There were some words that I couldn't figure out, but besides that, most of what was translated is pretty accurate. I tried my best :)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
@Lolad: I've translated the late night interview upon the requests of many in this thread. The translation is listed below. I posted the time increments so that you know which part of the clip I started translating and where I stopped. You can open a different browser and watch the interview on Youtube while reading these simultaneously to follow the interview closely.

(Part I)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtiGnRZypE0

(Part II)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkpIlFXXab4

Translated clip part I: 0:40-7:00

Host: Please welcome the cast of Samee krub.

Host: Please have a seat. I am truly proud of each and everyone from this cast. And for those that weren’t able to come, I must apologize because there’s not enough time and limited seating, as you can see. However, the truth is, everyone from this lakorn, from beginning to end, played their parts exquisitely well. Please give a round of applause for them everyone.

Now let’s talk about the lakorn. As for Grate, he has played in many lakorns consisting of various roles. But in this lakorn specifically, he truly shines as a real superstar and true actor. He played it wonderfully.

Grate: Thank you kub.

Host: When I watch this lakorn, I feel content in admiration of your character and how well you portray the role. You’re very talented. When you first played this role, how did it make you feel?

Grate: At first, I know it’s a remake and p’ek has to be Chinese. (audience chuckles and Grate looks at them asking what?? And begins to smile) His character is of Chinese background and is the son of Jao Sua. For sure, he possesses thi thi traits (Chinese word referring to young Chinese man) and has a light complexion. That sure doesn't match my description. (Laughs out loud)

Host: But you’re able to pull off the character well.

Grate: I had to do some extra homework and research. No matter what, I had to accept the challenge and take on this role. I had to do some extra work for myself.

Host: Let’s head on to our n’ek Preem. Honestly, Preem is one of the luckiest people in the acting industry. She hasn’t played in many lakorns but had the special opportunity to take part in this role. And for someone as young as her playing in this many love scenes with p’ek, I’ve never once thought that she was as young as she is. I feel that you are very talented (Grate shakes Preem's hands ) You played it very beautifully making us understand why p’ek decided to accept this special woman into his life. How do you feel about your character?

Preem: I feel happy. I’m very content ka.

Host: Because you’ve already fallen for him in this lakorn huh? (teasingly) You already fell for him right?

Preem: I feel happy to have had the opportunity to play this role. With time, it just feels right and very natural. I had nothing to hold
back.

Host: As for me kub, this woman right here, Min, I’ve nicknamed her specifically in this lakorn as Jao Mae (Goddess). In this family, if there wasn’t Min’s character, what would happen? I’m not kidding.

Grate: She’s my right-hand man.

Host: She sure is your right hand-man. Your life before you and n’ek got together would not be possible without Min. There’s no way if it wasn’t for her. ‘Hea (eldest brother) won’t be able to do anything.

Min: I had to buy a man because of him too. (Laughs)

Host: You had to buy a man too. When I first seen that scene, I was wondering if you bought him to (don’t know the word sorry) or not. But I realized you didn’t. You played it very well. I’ve never seen you play this kind of role before.

Min: When I first read the script, I fell in love with Roongrai’s character because I know that it’s the kind of character the audience will love. She’s a good person who stands by n’ek and p’ek no matter what. She’s their helper. Normally, if I play villain, I’ll be villainous, but I’m good here. I won’t tolerate much. When it comes to the people I love, I will do all I can to protect them.

Host: You’re truly a goddess.

Min: I’m a bodyguard too. (Laughs)

Host: Are you satisfied with this role?

Min: I love it ka.

Host: Jaja, if you didn’t come today, I wouldn’t know what to say. Everything that happens in this lakorn started from you. Jaja, who’s the n’ek in here?

Jaja: I am ka. (Laughs)

Host: Jaja tells us that the real n’ek in here is her. Because in this lakorn, it revolves around her life and the love she has for a man that she has given all her heart to. And one day you…

Jaja: I encounter a person I am jealous of. (laughs)

Host: Preem is the person you become jealous of. (points at Preem and laughs) She stole him away.

Jaja: And Preem doesn’t understand. Let her explain what she's confused about.

Host: Jaja played it real to the max.

Jaja: My role in this lakorn is similar to reality. It depicts the real life situation of many in our society. I had to play it well enough so that people can relate to my character. It’s difficult because I know that it’s a lakorn and there can’t be anyone who would go to the extreme to do such crazy things to a point where she uses the love of a man as a weapon to hurt another man who doesn’t love her at all. So I try to look at it from her perspective and see how she feels. Honestly, she’s a victim of men who like to take advantage of women and treat them as invaluable items that they can just play around with and throw away. (everyone reacts to the realness of her explanation)

Host: To that extent? Alex, how do you feel? Jaja is really like this in person. She already said she’s n’ek and Preem became her main target of jealously. Let’s wait to hear more. Go on Alex. You’ve already gone crazy. (laughs) Alex you’re truly very talented. I don’t have to explain because those who have seen Samee already know how skillful you are. We have to hold on tightly to whatever is near us and anticipate what will happen each time you enter the scene. We never know if you've come good or bad. Alex had to play as someone who has a personality disorder. He had to do some research.

Grate: He had to do a lot of research.

Host: What kind of research did you do?

Alex: I play a character who suffers from bipolar. He doesn’t have control over his emotions. When he’s happy he’s happy, but when he’s angry, all hell breaks loose.

Waan: When he’s angry, his face is very frightening.

To be continued...

Translated clip part I: 7:01-14:40

Alex: I’ve had experiences, while playing other roles, where I found myself overacting a bit. For that reason, I took time out to do extra research for this role. I watched Youtube videos to see how people who suffer from bipolar would act when they’re angry. I wanted to know more about bipolar and understand how people with this disorder think. It helped me get into my character better when he’s angry.

Host: Do you find yourself getting attached to your character and acting like him while not on set?

Alex: Umm (laughs)

Grate: A little bit (laughs)

Host: Grate’s very observant. If anything happens to me, you’ll look after me too right? Truthfully, Alex, you’re very skilled and played it appropriately. Very excellent.

Alex: Thank you krub.

Host: Waan, your role is pretty minor and isn’t very much, but every time you enter the scene, we know who you are and that your character is a good person.

Waan: That’s absolutely right. (laughs)

Host: Truthfully, people who grow in the same family, no matter how well they’re raised or treated, there’s no guarantee that they’ll become a good person. Who is your character and what is he like?

Waan: I play Pattawee’s character. If I were to say that’he’s a good person, it wouldn’t be 100% true. He has some bad human characteristics such as desiring more than he’s capable of acquiring and wanting what’s not his. At first, he looks after n’ek as if she was his sister until one day he realizes that he wants her to be his and only his.

Host: My goodness, it sounds like you’re writing a song.(laughs)

Waan: At first, I didn’t know whether to play his character as someone weak or strong, but it didn’t matter because the most important thing was that I got to be a part of this particular family. (Unsure if Itranslated that right but something along that line lol)

Host: Truthfully, if you make the littlest mistake playing your character, it would ruin the whole lakorn. You could’ve overact or under act, but you played it perfectly. Very beautifully.

Host: So the lakorn is about to end in two days and many things have happened that one could not believe. Jaja..

Jaja: No, ka. Nong Preem’s character is very sympathetic.Because Preem is like a white diamond that has to be safely secured in its box. Everyone has to help look after her. I feel this way because there was one time when Preem came to ask me, “P’Jaja, I don’t understand. Why does Srisopa has so much vengeance towards Rarb and Ai? After all, her and Rarb had already broken up with each other and she had taken the money."

Host: Wow.

Preem: I had to do a lot of research because the story line is very detailed. I know that older adults tend to over think situations and make them more complicated than they seem. I just can’t help but think why? Why is she holding a grudge?

Host: Nong Preem, love cannot be bought by money na ja.(everyone laughs) You have to be angry and feel resentment. But you don’t understand.

Preem: Because I feel that they had already agreed since the beginning that their relationship will strictly be beneficial, as friends, not as boyfriend and girlfriend.

Host: My goodness Jaja, you’re the selfish one. You guys already had an agreement.

Jaja: We already had an agreement.

Host: That’s not how it is luk (Thai term of endearment meaning child) That’s not how real life is. When you’re that close to someone, you end up falling for them. And this man is quite charming to fall for right?

Grate: Very very much (everyone laughs)

Jaja: I say that there’s another person that’s even more loveable and better to fall for.

Host: Who? (Jaja points to Alex) Why?

Jaja: You have to ask Alex himself.

Host: Why Alex, I want to know. Do you know what Jaja had said about you? She said something that no one else but her could say. Jaja said that when you came to play this role, you did not use your skills or anything to help you play this part. But you put your heart into it to play it to the best of your ability. (everyone was moved by her comment, it sounds more touching in Thai lol.)

Word for word translation in Thai: You did not bring your skills or anything to help you play this part. But you brought your heart to play it.

Host: What makes you feel the need to say this Jaja?

Jaja: Because the first day I entered the scene with him, I really believed this and joked saying, “Alex, I don’t think I can do this. You’re too young. Our first scenes were all love scenes. He had to be very close to me, caress my face, and hug me. It made me feel like I can still smell his innocence and youthfulness.” (everyone bursts out laughing)

I asked him, “Alex, what can I do? Help me.” And Alex just told me to play it to the fullest. But inside, he holds something against me for doubting him.

Host: Do you hold something against her?

Alex: No, I’m not angry at her because I had to play in many scenes with her where I am in love with her. I can’t let that ruin my concentration. But outside of set, I constantly tell myself that what she said is not true at all. (laughs) I had to play it off in front of her because I’m afraid to respond back since we aren’t that close. After our first scene together, she was like, it’s too funny and I’m ticklish. Lol. I apologized and told her to practice again. But when we play for real, our chemistry is there and we’re able to pull it off.

Jaja: When we played for real, I truly want to thank Alex. Everything that you’ve seen on screen between Ram and Srisopa, everything is me giving my full love and admiration for him. (everyone reacts to her words and are touched) When he acts, he’s not only gazing into your eyes, but you can feel that he’s sending his heart and feelings along with it. From how he touches me and caress my face to how he speaks to me, they all make me forget that Alex is that same kid that I had doubted in the beginning. He’s the kind of man that’s willing to protect the woman he loves with all his heart. (everyone claps) I feel that way for real.

Host: Do you believe me when I say that I, too, agree? In the scene, speaking from man to man, your character is not very clever. From the first time Ram and Srisopa met, if it were me, I would be like what is wrong with you? Are you crazy? We just met and you’re telling me all these crazy things about you? I would avoid her. But with you, you played the character well and didn’t look at her that way.Instead, you looked into her eyes caringly and tried to understand her situation. I’m telling you, it’s crazy to the max.

Jaja: There’s another scene with Alex. I don’t know if anyone could remember. It’s the scene where he goes and buys flowers and some guy came to punch him. He went to fight back with the guy to grab the flowers back. At the end, his face was very (idk the word. I’m assuming bruised, cold, pale?) I still remember that scene until now.

Host: Oh my goodness. Alex, in real life, Toey (his gf) is gonna have a problem. (assuming that Jaja is infatuated with Alex lol.)

To be continued...

Translated clip part II: 0:00-10:00

Host: Preem, do you know that the way you dress in here looks really expensive? (Preem shyly smiles) Right?

Grate: True krub.

Host: Listen to what Grate had to say about you. When I asked him if you suited this role, he replied by saying, “She was perfect for the role before they even cast her to play in this lakorn.” You seem like a really nice person judging by the way you speak about her.

Grate: Based on Preem’s characteristic, from her facial features to her physique and mannerism, when she plays the role of a princess, she really suits it because her true persona is already like a princess. And when she goes and plays it in a lakorn, it’s even clearer that she matches the role.

Host: No matter which outfit you wear, they all look expensive. Do you know that? Do you understand?

Preem: I understand.

Host: If you don’t understand, uncle will teach you so that you do. (everyone laughs)

Preem: I understand ka.

Host: No matter which outfit you wear, you look great and they all look really expensive. And Jaja plays with you. In the lakorn, she really hates you a lot. But do you remember when you guys were on set? Jaja is crazy. When, she plays a character, she has to become that character. She begins to talk about nong Preem , complimenting how pretty and adorable she is along with how nicely she dresses. Did you know what she did? She went to try on the clothes from your wardrobe. Isn’t she dislikeable?

Jaja: I like to secretly look at Grate and Preem acting in their scenes because their scenes are filled with romance and sweetness to a point where I dislike it. I hate it. I don’t have any of that. My name is also nothing special and very ordinary. I feel like I come from a nameless family without any notable reputation. It makes me take a look at Preem and see how beautiful she is. So it makes me want to try on her clothes.

Host: So you heard everyone on the set talk about how expensive looking Preem’s outfits are which tempted you into trying them on.

Jaja: So I tried it on to see if I’d look as beautiful. As I tried her outfit and looked in the mirror, it was very flattering.  (everyone begins to crack up because Jaja is speaking comedically) It was very beautiful .

Preem: She secretly tried on my outfit? (laughs)

Grate: Preem never knew about this.

Host: This is a true story.

Min: I knew about it.

Host: So you’re feeling guilty and confessing?

Min: We tried to make her look like Preem by mimicking her every style.

Host: Oh, you wanted to see if Jaja would look as rich in the same outfits.

Jaja: Min also tried too!

Min: No no no. (laughs out loud)

Host: Not true because the truth is, when she wore the outfit, she saw herself looking very poorly. Not expensive looking at all (everyone cracks up)

But while playing for real, there’s always a scene that one finds most challenging and had to give their all to convey their character to the best of his/her abilities. For you, which scene was it?

Grate: If I had to choose, I’d pick two scenes where I find it most difficult to play. One of those scenes deals with my father. When he’s sick or something happens to him, I can’t naturally express my emotions quite right. Because if it was to happen in real life, I wouldn’t react the way I’d act in lakorns. No matter what, I have to give it my all because I accepted to play Rarb’s character.  The director explained to me that he’s the backbone of the family. If he was to show any weakness, the family will fall apart. This scene required me to hold in my emotions but I had to express some sorrow at the same time.
And the scene where I had to play with my brother before my father found out that he suffered from a disorder. It was hard because we’re
pretty close off set but have to play as the opposite on set.  When we look at each other’s face during the scene, we feel that it’s not truthfully how we feel.   

Alex: As if that’s not right. Because when P’Grate becomes serious, I can’t take him seriously.

Grate: Before we enter the scene, we’d joke around endlessly. But when we begin to shoot, it’s hard to get into character. In the end, both of us have to give our all and play our characters the best we can. And we made it happen.  As for the scene when his disorder acts up, it feels very intense to play with him.

Host: You must’ve needed to get up to use the bathroom.  (everyone laughs) Very excellent work indeed. As a viewer, there was a scene where you guys were eating at the table, and Alex went to bother Grate at his home.  Alex took your bowl from you. I’m telling you Grate, if you had played that part a little wrong, Alex would’ve outperformed you. I’m not kidding because he’s very aggressive and vulgar. Do you remember? Before you guys ate the rice porridge. Make a little mistake and you’d lose to Alex. But it’s ok. You played well and passed.
Honestly, playing with Alex is very difficult.

Grate: I have to say something. When Alex’s angry, he comes with full force.

Host: If you encounter this in real life you wouldn’t know how to react.
As for you Preem, which is your most memorable scene? One you liked most. Or the most difficult?

Preem: I like scenes when we’re all together.

Host: You must like the warmness.   

Preem: I feel that when we’re acting together, each and every one of us is able to bring out the best in each other to make the lakorn what it is. We’re able to respond to each other’s acting whether it’d be scenes where we’re arguing or giving each other advice. The chemistry is there and it flows really smoothly making me admire the naturalness of it all.

Host: When you return home and watch the lakorn with your mom, you constantly question whether you’re too mad or angry. You critique your acting.

Preem: That’s very true. I tend to wonder if my face is too stiff.

Host: Not stiff at all. You played very well.

Preem: Thank you ka.

Host: Min krub, my goddess. When you play in this role you have to appear witty and clever and talk back a lot. You have to remember all your lines and have done so without failing. Is that true?

Min: Not true ka. (everyone disagrees and says that it’s true) Really? Ok, it can be true.  (laughs)

Host: They told us that. And there was a memorable scene that became a favorite of many men. It’s when you went with Waan and did sit ups. That scene was very impressive. You can do a lot of sit ups huh?

Min: I have to be strong and fit. I do about 45 sit ups 10 times.

Jaja: By the end of her routine, she’s going to need someone to push her back to sit up (pushes Min’s back)

Host: So can you really do that? Why are you covering your face?

Min: I can do it but after doing it five times, I become very tired. (laughs)

Host: Oh my goodness.

Min: Well this is a scene that involves me secretly checking him out as he’s kickboxing. I become very interested.

Host: Compare this role to your other roles. Do you like this role? Which scenes do you like the most?

Min: It has to be when I’m playing with P’Waan. Because in this lakorn, my character is very independent, smart, and strong. As for love, she doesn’t take much interest into it. Until one day, I finally fall in love. However, I misunderstand him and push him away from my life.  And come to find out in the end that what I thought wasn’t true. But it’s too late and I’ve already lost him. What can I do to make this man continue to stay in my life?

Grate: (Tries to wipe her imaginary tears away)

Mint: It just makes you feel like you want to hold on and ask them to not go. The feeling of loving someone very much and you feel bad for pushing them away in the first place. It makes one feel sad and cry.

Host: But you can pull it off and I can see that you’re still into your role.
Min: Yeah, because I don’t want to lose him in the lakorn.

Host: So just tell him because he’s sitting right here. (everyone laughs)
You play so well to be able to get lost into your character. Which scene do you like best?

Jaja:  Honestly, I like a lot of scenes. I like the ending scene. It makes me remember the man who is the real deal ever since the first day we met. ( I think her scene gets cut off)

Alex: It’s the scene when they found out how my character really is. Everyone should try to empathize him and understand why he acts the way he does. The scene made my character feel remorse and see how great his family is because no matter how many bad things he has done to them, they still stand behind him to protect him. It touched and inspired me to feel something so that I can deliver my emotions well. It helped a lot.

Host: Very well said. So you like that scene that you played?

Alex: Krub.

Host: And do you know that each time you have a scene, what does everyone on set do? Each person who is not shooting the scene with you goes to...

Everyone: Surround the monitor to watch Alex perform.

To be continued...

Translated clip part II: 10:01-18:12 (FINAL)

Host: There’s no preparation. Everyone would go and surround the monitor to anticipate how you’d take on and perform the scene.

Grate: Correct krub. The director would be like, ohhh ho, ohh ho (wow), very excellent. He came with full force.

Host: Really?

Everyone: Yes, really.

Host: He gave it his all. Really scary huh?

Jaja: I want everyone to picture a life monitor as the script. Alex would say every line correctly and filled with emotions like how a life monitor would show the heart beating up and down really quick. He’s an excellent performer.

(Haha, I understand what she’s saying but don’t quite recognize the words she’s using. So I came up with a similar scenario to try and explain the point she’s trying to make. I might be right or wrong. Sorry guys.)

Preem: No matter what he plays, he plays it well.

Grate: Right always (does his little hand gesture)

Host: That’s right. Each time you play, they surround the monitor to watch you act. No matter what you play, they’d all react by saying wow, very outstanding. It’s something to be very proud of.

Alex: Krub, I’m very proud of it.

(Shows clips of Alex's scenes)

Host: You know, as for me, the scenes where you play with ‘Fon (lady who plays his mother), I have to speak of her. It wouldn’t be right of me not to.

Alex: Right, you have to give her credit.

Host: This woman is very scary.

Everyone: Correct.

Grate: Even her son is scared (points at Alex and laughs)

Host: Are you afraid of her?

Alex: Yes, I’m afraid krub. When we’re not acting in a scene yet, can I talk about it? She has her own methods of getting into her character. She’d approach me and start saying “Nee na, mom is very proud of you son.” And this is not us acting in a scene. It’s outside of the scene.

Host: Outside of the scene audience.

Alex: At first, I thought she was playing with me.

Host: He thought that she was daydreaming. (not sure of what perr jer means)

Alex: Like what is she saying? But then I realized that it’s her method of preparing for a scene like, "Nee na, like, mother is very proud of you son. You’re a good leader." (speaking in a motherly tone) And I be like, krub, I love you too mom. I just play along and respond back to her. I don’t think much of it. When we’re about to enter a scene, we’d do this all day. Until when I return home, I forget and still be in character. (everyone laughs)

Host: But there’s this one scene. I’m sure you remember, where a man has to be feeling very overwhelmed to seek his mother, and his mother was about to go out. She was still talking on the phone . And you went to see her. Oh ho, that scene is very scary to me.

(Plays clip)

Host: From her eyes to her method of acting and getting off the phone to console her son by saying I love you son, I love you son.

Alex: Yeah, that’s when I started sweating because it was very hot.

Host: Very hot?

Alex: Truth is, if we were to shoot a scene in 3 days, and she has to be ready by the 3rd day, she would keep on thinking deeply about her character. Until the 3rd day is when she releases all that character build up and excel in her scene. She has to use up all three days because by the first day, I be like, " Ok P’Fon, the set is available. We can get this scene done and over with." And she’d reply by saying, " I’m not ready yet. Two more days." (everyone laughs)

Preem: Correct, outside of the scene, I’ve observed P'Font and saw that she’d be very stress and tends to prefer to be left alone.

Min: At times, she’d talk to herself when she’s alone.

Host: Right. Nong Fon, I applaud you. You’re a brilliant actress. (thumbs up) I can tell from each scene that you play your role wonderfully by showing that no matter how your child is, it doesn’t matter, you’d still love your child no matter what. That’s nong Fon for you.

Which scene are you most proud of?

Waan: It has to be the scene involving Min where I try to pursue a relationship with her because in the lakorn, Pattawee is not happy with his life. He’s a good person who’s not experiencing any happiness. His house consists of mostly conniving people who only thinks about doing bad things to others.

Host: Speaking of people in your house, your younger sibling is very despicable. Very dislikeable. When you have a younger sibling like that, you definitely won't be able to stand it. Your dad also. Combine this with your younger sibling and it'll be too much. 

Waan: And when I get out of the house, I can’t even have the woman I love. I can’t have the happiness  that I’ve always wanted. So when I encounter a woman who comes and attack me first, it makes me decide to invest in her and love her. (everyone reacts) There’s no harm in risking it because there’s nothing to lose (when his life is already this miserable).

Host: Oh wow, you talk like you’re experiencing this in real life.

Waan: (tosses his arms up to deny it)

Host: This is only a little synopsis about Samee audience. There’s still a lot to anticipate starting from Preem’s love scene with Grate in Hua Hin. Omg, that scene was very adorable. The scene involves them finally being intimate with each other for the first time. Very romantic and adorable. For real. No matter how you look at it, it doesn’t look like sex at all. It was filled with sweetness. You speak the truth. And the more you speak, the more Khun Ying starts to get mad. It was very sweet and filled with essence. It depicted true love.

And tell us why you have to always go and talk nicely to Jaja, Preem?

Preem: At first, I just think that her character is holding a grudge. Not a big deal. And then there are some scenes where she starts to threaten me. That’s when I start to ask her to sit closely to me.

Host: And this is outside of the scene because you’re afraid of her.

Preem: It’s because I’m the kind of person who likes to make myself feel comfortable. So I used this method to make myself feel comfortable with her.

Host: So you’re truly afraid of her?

Preem: A little bit. (Looks at Jaja and smiles)

Jaja: (reaches out to spook Preem out)

Preem: And we’d always act like this towards each other.

Host: Really? Overall, this lakorn really brings happiness to its viewers. And I have to admit that it’s really the lakorn of the year. That’s only a little description. There are still scenes that Alex and Jaja talked about, to how Grate and Preem began to understand each other, including other couples’ love story. I have to apologize again for each and every one of you who were unable to come here today. But I have to say that you guys are excellent performers. And this is my lakorn of the year, Samee krub.

And these are photos of the cast from the lakorn Samee who is here today. It’s been an honor for us to have you all here today. It’ll really be a challenge for lakorn makers in the future to top this. As for the script writer, I have to say once again, that I really admire and praise your work. Each line that’s written, each actor who's reading their scripts, ever Alex said so himself that he really wants to start acting the scene out immediately. Because each word that you’ve written is very moving. Each actor sitting here says that you’re a really great writer who puts much thought into writing the script for each character. You are a hard worker. I have to praise the producer as well, Nok Jariya krub (lady who plays Ai’s mother). Very excellent work for lakorn Samee krub. Audience krub, this is the cast of Samee.

(Audience claps) (Final)

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
Oh my goodness! I love Samee, this is my favorite lakorn, right now! :) Aw, I hated it when Ram died, it made my cry so hard. And loved it when Ai went to Rarb and he threw up, aw, he's so cute. :) Love the chemistry between Great and Preem and Wan and Mint. Cute couples in one drama! :) I'll miss this thread! 

dchick81

sarNie Egg
So, I watched the last six episodes straight and some without subs so my post is probably going to be all over the place, lol. I am bias towards Great and Preem so I love when they act together, but excluding the fact they are in it- this lakorn really kept my attention the whole time it aired.

Recently with the dramas I have been watching, especially last year, it seems like there has been a dry spell (in my taste) so I am glad that towards the end of 2013 and now beginning of 2014 there have been and are dramas that are grabbing my attention and keeping it. Samee was the start of bringing me back to enjoying a drama not only because of the actors, but also the story (how it was paced, how it was told), the directing and the 'world' of Samee (the colors, the sets, etc). It has all the good elements for a drama and lakorn- even if everything isn't perfect, it was enjoyable and I wanted to know after every episode what would happen next.

About the last couple of episodes, I am SOOO glad that justice was served to everyone who did wrong. I had a feeling that everyone involved with the murder of Rarb's dad would be arrested except I had my doubts about Surisong and Wee's dad because of those scenes where those guys were trying to kill him too and with Wee's sympathy towards his dad. But I am so glad I was wrong about that. I was also surprised with Si's arrest because I thought after Ram's death (which, whhhhyyyy did they have to kill him when everything was just going right for him??? GRRRRR) they would let her go or something because Si and Ram's mom felt guilty. I'm sorry, but I did not feel any sympathy towards any of the bad guys in this lakorn and I am glad, lol. I like it when they just keep villains as villains unless there is a reason there should be a change to benefit the story or if it is done earlier.

Could Ai and Rarb be any more cute??! These two characters I loved not only together, but as individuals too. Ai is a strong person and she can be stubborn, but she knows that everything isn't black and white (which is so refreshing). She always stood by Rarb's side even when there were doubts, even after she found out about Si and even when they first got married. Rarb overall is a great guy towards his wife, family and friends. Everyone holds him responsible for keeping the family in check so it's tough for him and I think that's why Ai and Rarb make such a good couple. They always listen to each other because they both can empathize. Hehe, the pregnancy sickness he got cause of Ai. Hahaha, that was beyond cute :)

One of my favorite lakorns to date and I can't wait (and hope) for Great and Preem's next one together :)

By the way...in one of the OST videos, that scene where Rarb kisses Ai's hand...was that deleted or did I miss it? Or maybe I don't remember? lol.

Around 2:58

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWAh2_8M3Vo

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I think that scene was deleted. I saw it in the mv too. I don't remember seeing it. I didn't see it in the last of the episodes, and was totally disappointed in it. But the people should have kept it on, but no! :(  I totally love Rarb and Ai, Great and Preem portrayed them well! :)