[Ch3] Tong Neu Gao (Act Art)

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
First of all I must bow down to Noon Woranuch :worthy: man, I've been watching her since I was a kid and I was yet to be this amazed by her skill until now.
Lamyorng is such a horrible character with no redeeming qualities, likability, or any feelings other than hate towards her. Noon is amazing here. She plays an an uneducated, low class hoe with such ease and naturalness you forget all the pitiful roles she had. I like Noon but so far I was yet to be completely blown away by anything by her in probably a decade or so. But damn it she owns this role, she took the low class hoe thing to an extreme and it made me laugh like hell with her antics and hate her with a passion whenever she yelled at poor Sun or Wan.

Poh, he did such a good job with such a simple and straightforward role. He nailed that scene when he cried over the fact that he couldn't do anything to get Wan away from Lamyorng. I felt nothing but pity for his character who's one mistake in his early adulthood, carried over to the remainder of his life. Despite the separation from Lamyorng, he was still intertwined into her life until her tragic end.

Wan, all 3 child actors were is special and endearing in their own way. Baby Wan is such a good baby. The way he lifts his arms whenever someone came to carry him was super adorbs. Loved the scene where Lamyorng came out of Kuang's car and he watched her walk past and looks up to Poh. 2nd Wan blew me away with the automatic tears and scenes where Lamyorng would hit him. Nong Yorch makes me speechless. He has the natural maturity and skill that even the new p'eks nowadays can't even compare to. He's such a believable young actor and he nails every scene he's in. Especially in the scene where Lamyorng goes crazy in the market and he takes off his monk robe to cover his mother FREAKING INCREDIBLE! This kid will make a good p'ek in the future, he's talented and a pretty good looking kid.

Yet again I enjoyed another Off Pongpat lakorn and bow down to him as well as a director. The man definitely knows how to put a lot of feeling in this lakorn and make a life lesson lakorn interesting. I loved this lakorn!

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
@cupid, you have sold it to me in watching this!!

First episode but so much emotions and so much to think about already.

Is there eng sub or any recaps for this? thanks in advance

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have never cursed so much before in a lakorn. 

I had zero sympathy for Lumyong and death was just too easy. All she knew how to do was drink and point fingers when things goes wrong. I never ever wish ill upon anyone but LY is an exception (ok that's a white lie) I was really hoping someone would abduct her and pimp her out. She would probably enjoy it so I wouldn't feel so bad if she gets raped, drugged and abused. Everything was self-inflicted by her.

What I dislike about this lakorns was that no one was able to do anything. During that time period, I am sure the law would be on his side and he gets full custody. He should have taken Wan earlier. Or he could have taken his parent and Wan with him to the city. I know there wouldn't be a drama but I was just so frustrated at how some of these character was so forgiving. Kill that bitach if you had to. The most you can say was she attacked you first and you were using self defense. LY family took action way too late. They should have taken her to the mental institution after her third child birth. I am just so surprise all her kids didn't get affected by her drinking when she was pregnant with them. They discussed that a little during her second child but in the end, he seemed pretty normal. 

Ugh I can rant on and on  but I think I will stop here. 

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
I kinda lost interest and stopped after ep7-8, drinking, gambling, chasing after men then getting pregnant, felt like it was getting more and more repetitive, was starting to get annoyed with all the screaming. I am quite bothered why is it in lakorns, to prove that they are evil, the villains constantly have to scream and chuck tantrums. I grew up watching chinese dramas, and very rarely i see the villians act that way, there is always more depth to their evil characters where u can actually understand and sympathise for them, unlike in lakorns where ALL villains are portrayed the same way.

yeah, now that u mention it fun, it's kinda surprising none of her kids are affected by alcohol. And the other thing i felt missing was the lack of love ppl have for wan. I felt like no one even cared bout him from his grandparents to even his dad, i kno his dad tried to get wan to go with him, but even when he randomly sees wan walking alone, he js walks up and talk so casually, no excitement in the tone of voice or actions, not even a lil hug or something intimate. It's like wow, this is ur first kid, and you seldomly see him, shouldnt there be more love than this and more serious attempts in persuading wan to go with him?

Reactions: fun

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was only able to get through this lakorn by the ff button. LY takes the win for longest death. She even outbeat Kobori. That scene felt like an hour with the flashback made it twice as long.

I agree with you Bubbles8. Everyone was like oh poor kid, I love him but can't do anything kind of pissed me off. I felt as if there was no adult in this lakorn, only Wan. What I didnt understand was when Wan gpa died, everyone wanted him to be ordained/ become a monk and attend school in the temple. I was like hello San, you do have another child. Whu couldn't he do it? I didnt like San. He

Mannie

sarNie Adult
Came back here to see the comments made haha since I rewatched it. Seems like there's no understanding of the story. Law is that if you birth the child it's your custody no matter what. Couldn't really fight it except if the mom agrees. Lumyong was hard headed but it's not all suns fault guys.. You praise wan like he was the best child (which he is) but he makes decisions too and if you watch the later episodes he actually tells his dad and grandparents no and there's nothing they could do about it. He loved his mom that much.. And we wonder why!! But that was the basis of this lakorn. No matter how cruel your mom is she's the one that birth you..

The end her daughter was affected if you watch it she actually has a mental disorder. It was ok w/ wan cause she wasn't drinking yet. Chais kid had like a skin disease but he was able to get treatment especially with his wealthy parents. And wan being ordained was cause he wanted too. Yes he has another kid but oldest grandchild is usually the first one to do it especially if it was a boy. Those traditions kept true

And lastly, yes lunyong did self inflect herself but you can see it was how spoiled and raised she was. Look at her other sister.. Came out fine. We tell our kids that they can be a hoe then they will for sure believe it lol. And that beauty without brains can win anything .. Sure why not? That's why we have so many of the side characters to support that and back it up with all the storyline and dialogue but maybe some skipped that part too haha.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Mannie said:
Came back here to see the comments made haha since I rewatched it. Seems like there's no understanding of the story. Law is that if you birth the child it's your custody no matter what. Couldn't really fight it except if the mom agrees. Lumyong was hard headed but it's not all suns fault guys.. You praise wan like he was the best child (which he is) but he makes decisions too and if you watch the later episodes he actually tells his dad and grandparents no and there's nothing they could do about it. He loved his mom that much.. And we wonder why!! But that was the basis of this lakorn. No matter how cruel your mom is she's the one that birth you..

Totally agree 100%, it was never like Sun completely gave up and didn't care, Sun tried EVERYTHING but in the end it was all up to Wan and Wan himself felt responsible for staying to take care of his siblings and mother so he stayed.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
hmmm js  because one have conflicting ideas/opinions, it does not mean they have no understanding of the story.

To say the law was the major barrier in preventing ppl in rescuing Wan, i completely understand, since LY has full custody over the child. [Funnily enough there are laws to protect the mother and allow her to keep her kids, but no laws to protect the kids if they are exposed to harm and violence by a heavy alcholic mother]. But to say and emphasise that it's because Wan wanted to and a the end of the day it is his decisions to stay be with his mother is something i cant comprehend and accept. This is a 5-6yrs ago kid we're talking about, how many kids at his age is capable of making critical life decisions, let alone the right decisions. Therefore, it is essential for the parents to persuade and guide them through it esp when Sun sure knows how unhealthy and detrimental it is for a small kid to be living in that environment. But was there enough persuasion and guidance? no i felt that extremely lacking. For the purpose of this lakorn, luckily, Wan's decisions to stay didnt turn out to be all bad and he became a great kid, but he could've easily become like an alcoholic and abusive like his mum. Of course, Sun did try, but with his efforts (as a duty of a father) i would not even consider it as enough, let alone label it as "done everything". I felt Sun's character was given very lil depth, he was hopeless in defending for his parents when he was still married to ly, hopeless in helping Wan and it kinda shocked me how quickly he bounced back from a broken marriage (and losing his 1st kid in the process) to marry another wife. It would make more sense and I rather that they make Sun's character move somewhere far and never come, then let him stay close to Wan and not do much about anything. 

But Seriously, I am not even asking Sun and others to do anything extraordinary (eg illegally kill LY off as fun suggested hehe), just a lil affection, intimacy and more care towards Wan is not too much to ask for right? in which i found very lacking from everyone. As a father who seldomly sees his son, give the lil dude a hug of encouragement or a lil toy or something. I was actually more touched in scenes of Ly's 2nd husband talking to Wan, he made me see that he genuinely cared and impressed me how he was willing to accept wan as his own son. Ironically, I felt the ppl who are unrelated to Wan (neighbour, the maid or even LY's second husband) expressed more care and concern for Wan than those related to him.

Ofcourse the lakorn doesnt focus on father-son relationship but more on emphasising on LY's horrible character and the goodness of Wan's character, but as a result it really exposes the weakness of the other characters around Wan, and as fun mentioned, Wan seemed to be the only adult in the lakorn. If everyone esp Sun had half the endurance, determination and willpower as Wan, we would see him rescued long time ago. If the will from everyone was strong enough to help Wan, im sure there's a way, but to me and how i see it, the will was very lacking in the first place for there to be any way.

Despite all my ranting, i did enjoy the lakorn for what it's worth, minus some of frustrating illogical stuff (hehe it wouldnt be a lakorn if it's completely logical right, but then again at least make it believable lol). I valued alot of the teachings and lessons conveyed in the lakorn. Nowadays, dramas focus too much on romance and nothing but romance, im so tired from it, dramas with meaningful values like this are so hard to find these days, so hopefully with the successful ratings many producers would exlpoit this type of genre in the future *fingers crossed*  :dance1:

fun

Expired Sarnie
Mannie said:

The end her daughter was affected if you watch it she actually has a mental disorder. It was ok w/ wan cause she wasn't drinking yet. Chais kid had like a skin disease but he was able to get treatment especially with his wealthy parents. And wan being ordained was cause he wanted too. Yes he has another kid but oldest grandchild is usually the first one to do it especially if it was a boy. Those traditions kept true

And lastly, yes lunyong did self inflect herself but you can see it was how spoiled and raised she was. Look at her other sister.. Came out fine. We tell our kids that they can be a hoe then they will for sure believe it lol. And that beauty without brains can win anything .. Sure why not? That's why we have so many of the side characters to support that and back it up with all the storyline and dialogue but maybe some skipped that part too haha.
I must be ignorant since I am not familiar with the time period or their laws during that period. I would expect some kind of law to protect children from an abusive environment even if it was back in the 60-70s. And since Thai is a male dominant culture, I would at least believe the male has more parental right as they are the head of the family, no? 

Like Bubbles mentioned, I too felt that those who were not relatives of Wan cared more about him. I actually shed tears when Kuan told Wan why wasn't he born as his son and that he wish the best for him. He showed more affection toward Wan than Sun who would show up to shower him with either money, clothes or toys. 

And about the kids not being effect by the substance of alcohol when they are still in the womb is different from a mental disorder where people tease them because of their mother. And then I wouldn't expect medical to be advance to cure whatever Kuan's baby had especially being in Thailand. I was expecting some kind of down syndrome. I understand the moral of the lakorn but I guess I was just asking for some logic and reality. 

Wan did want to become a monk for his grandfather but if they didn't manipulate LY, he would still have refuse to go. So it makes it as if they are enforcing it upon Wan. Might as well have both boys. LY was right for once.

Sun waited too long. Like I said since no police had appeared, well only when LY was arrested for opening a gambling house, he could have taken Wan when he was still a baby. I know there wouldn't be a lakorn otherwise but I am saying he could have done when Wan was still a baby.

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
No doubt this lakorn created krasae and swept most of the awards, but why is it that everyone from the director and the crews from this lakorn getting awards for their performance but not Noon, when clearly she was the focus of the lakorn and outperformed everyone in it. If p'por could win best actor for such a minor role, Noon deserves some recognition and rewards for her role which was so much harder to portray than what p'por had to portray. And dont get me wrong, I love p'por and his personality, and i think he's a great actor, i js feel a little dishearten and unfair for Noon :( or was Lamyong's character too raeng to get awards for? *scratches head*

dariey

sarNie Adult
^ all these comment got my mouth hang a while..haha

got interest on this one recently mainly coz of the genre are not the typical one.done with 1st ep got to admit nune really impress me being a biatch..lol
if only there was sub i'm might not too bored waiting everyone done their talk.i will just rely on everyone comment here..