Couple who suicided together

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
This is kinda weird and confusing because in the clip both side of the parents "supposedly" believe they did not know they were in love and did not ever want to stop their love. So its kinda weird that they would just run and commit susicide. So theres prob more to the story than it is said in the clip. but then again maybe they were embarrass because of the fact that they are considered as aunty and newphew.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Well, I didn't watch the clip so I just read everyone comments. If I remember, I think I read a part saying that they put their body together or something like that. Why do that? When they were still alive, they didn't get to be with eachother but now that they are gone, you want to put their bodies together? Parent are suppose to love their children when they are alive. I know that the parent love their kids but still. Let them be together when they are alive not when they are gone to a different place and put them together. Anyways, that's Hmong people. That's why there are couple commiting suicide because of parent not letting them be together. How I hate Hmong tradition sometimes. Let them choose who they want to spend their life with. Let them learn their own lessons. In everyone life, there is always a lessons learn.
It's always best for the children to choose who they want to be with even if it's a bad decision. If it turns out bad, they learn their lesson. If it's good, they chose the right person. I'd rather have my future children be with the one they love than deciding to commit suicide.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
This is kinda weird and confusing because in the clip both side of the parents "supposedly" believe they did not know they were in love and did not ever want to stop their love. So its kinda weird that they would just run and commit susicide. So theres prob more to the story than it is said in the clip. but then again maybe they were embarrass because of the fact that they are considered as aunty and newphew.
I think the parents lied a bit. They probably wanted to save a little bit of face especially because their children are considered aunt and nephew. It is weird. There could be more to this story on both sides(parents and children).

population1

sarNie Egg
I think the parents lied a bit. They probably wanted to save a little bit of face especially because their children are considered aunt and nephew. It is weird. There could be more to this story on both sides(parents and children).
How would you know the parents are lying?

Either way, if it was the parents doing/result of actions, the dead are not alive to defend themselves anymore now. I suppose because many Hmong parents are compulsive lairs, many other young Hmong adults would come to the presumption that old-timer Hmong parents are lairs, which I don't blame them or myself. At least they/you can prove themselves and overrule the parents' objections... live by and move on because if those old-timers can do it, so can we; and whatever they can do, we can do it better. It's unfortunate that the young Hmong adults in those countries don't have the support or resources that can help them out. Anyhow, they could've still lived their life [anyone can without the picturesque of having parents (involved)]; I've heard and seen orphans that can make it by.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
How would you know the parents are lying?

Either way, if it was the parents doing/result of actions, the dead are not alive to defend themselves anymore now. I suppose because many Hmong parents are compulsive lairs, many other young Hmong adults would come to the presumption that old-timer Hmong parents are lairs, which I don't blame them or myself. At least they/you can prove themselves and overrule the parents' objections... live by and move on because if those old-timers can do it, so can we; and whatever they can do, we can do it better. It's unfortunate that the young Hmong adults in those countries don't have the support or resources that can help them out. Anyhow, they could've still lived their life [anyone can without the picturesque of having parents (involved)]; I've heard and seen orphans that can make it by.
We don't know if the parents are lying or not. But if you watch the clip, the mother would mention something about the boy asking his father if he could marry her or not. I'm not sure if I didn't really understand them or not but if she meant that the son asked his father about marrying her daughter, then of course, the father is lying. He was saying that he knew nothing about their relationship.

If orphans can make it by, they should be able to make it by too. I don't get why they chose to suicide. They were acting as if it's the end of the world if the parents reject their relationship. They could've run away without the parents knowing. Even without the parents, they should be able to make it by like you said about orphans.

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
This is natural selection, stronger species reproduce and weaker species extinct. These two were too weak to face and challenge obstacles so they chose this path to end their life, which is reasonable. This world is a place for competition and challenge obstacles and if one is weak how can one survive. These ppls were facing a smaller problem compare to others ppls, but they couldn't handle it in the proper way, while other face more difficult problems and they still fight for their life. I don't see it to be sad when they just don't want to think outside of the box. These two were actually more selfish because they only think of themselves not ppls around them. I understand that love is strong and powerful, but I also feel that love is to give and grow, not to end and selfish. I think these two ppls didn't really understand the word "L.O.V.E." because if they do, they wouldn't end their life so short.

I only feel sorry for ppls who try to fight for their life, but still not suceed; not ppls who end their life because they didn't get what they want.

If you know anyone who want to commit suicide because of love or too depress because of life, tell them to donate their organ before they die so they can help save other who need it. This way they've serve their purpose in this world.

population1

sarNie Egg
This is natural selection, stronger species reproduce and weaker species extinct. These two were too weak to face and challenge obstacles so they chose this path to end their life, which is reasonable. This world is a place for competition and challenge obstacles and if one is weak how can one survive. These ppls were facing a smaller problem compare to others ppls, but they couldn't handle it in the proper way, while other face more difficult problems and they still fight for their life. I don't see it to be sad when they just don't want to think outside of the box. These two were actually more selfish because they only think of themselves not ppls around them. I understand that love is strong and powerful, but I also feel that love is to give and grow, not to end and selfish. I think these two ppls didn't really understand the word "L.O.V.E." because if they do, they wouldn't end their life so short.

I only feel sorry for ppls who try to fight for their life, but still not suceed; not ppls who end their life because they didn't get what they want.

If you know anyone who want to commit suicide because of love or too depress because of life, tell them to donate their organ before they die so they can help save other who need it. This way they've serve their purpose in this world.
Natural selection is determined/predetermined based on genetics. It seems these two young couples were as healthy as caring parents would have raised their own children. It is in their own will (the young couples) to take what they have left and do as they feel with it. Do not add insult to injury. That said, natural selection would tell me, if I am to suicide, do with my own life as I feel; I don't have to, need to, nor should I want to donate my organs to some stranger(s) who weren't born strong with abilities/capabilities to sustain life on his/her own, for that he/she is naturally selected to be the weaker specimen. It would also violate my beliefs, as a strong descendant culture of Hmong and Shamanism to donate my organs (unless it's for a close/love one) when I die.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult

Agreed.(Not sure about natural selection though. But it is close to what I have to say) Many people out there have bigger problems and they're fighting it like it's the end of the world while these two just give up. They're not thinking clearly. They're reactive instead of proactive. They could've controlled this in a different way. They can only control their life. They're just letting other people step over them and react to it by committing suicide instead of looking at it with a positive attitude.

population1

sarNie Egg
Agreed.(Not sure about natural selection though. But it is close to what I have to say) Many people out there have bigger problems and they're fighting it like it's the end of the world while these two just give up. They're not thinking clearly. They're reactive instead of proactive. They could've controlled this in a different way. They can only control their life. They're just letting other people step over them and react to it by committing suicide instead of looking at it with a positive attitude.
Natural selection is a subject where bio-origins is the main factor, where as, all other things, such as adaptation, follows. If anyone lives in any third world countries, there are only so much one can do to maintain positivity. Some things are beyond one's control because some things are out of one's power to control. It is easy to say than do. If anyone is to say the like, from a more developed country, all I have to say is that person knows nothing about how life is like when there is no silver platter handed to you. Be there yourself. Live and experience life there first hand, and see how you can survive mentally and physically.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
Natural selection is a subject where bio-origins is the main factor, where as, all other things, such as adaptation, follows. If anyone lives in any third world countries, there are only so much one can do to maintain positivity. Some things are beyond one's control because some things are out of one's power to control. It is easy to say than do. If anyone is to say the like, from a more developed country, all I have to say is that person knows nothing about how life is like when there is no silver platter handed to you. Be there yourself. Live and experience life there first hand, and see how you can survive mentally and physically.
Ahh. Thanks for the natural selection part. Kind of forgot about it cause it's been 2 years since I've learned about it. Some things are beyond your control. But you should control what you can. You can control your life. No one else can control your life unless you let them. It is hard to stay positive when your life is filled with negativity. But you should always find a way out. Every problem has a solution to it.

population1

sarNie Egg
Ahh. Thanks for the natural selection part. Kind of forgot about it cause it's been 2 years since I've learned about it. Some things are beyond your control. But you should control what you can. You can control your life. No one else can control your life unless you let them. It is hard to stay positive when your life is filled with negativity. But you should always find a way out. Every problem has a solution to it.
I suggest you use the third person point of view rather than the second person point of view "you". What you are saying is besides the point. Sure, every problem has a solution, either good or bad; right or wrong; positive or negative. Finding a way out can be by any means. Again, there is only so much one can do within his/her own power/position. Also, considering many other factors that come into play. The obstacles can be limitless. It's like saying the sky is the limit, but how will one reach it?

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
I suggest you use the third person point of view rather than the second person point of view "you". What you are saying is besides the point. Sure, every problem has a solution, either good or bad; right or wrong; positive or negative. Finding a way out can be by any means. Again, there is only so much one can do within his/her own power/position. Also, considering many other factors that come into play. The obstacles can be limitless. It's like saying the sky is the limit, but how will one reach it?
You're correct, there are countless obstacles. But it's always possible to control what you can. As I have said, they can control their own life. No one else can control their life for them. They could've taken the harder road where they find a possible solution to their love story. But they chose the easy way out; suicide. Of course, there are always obstacles in your life. You just have to use your brain and find a way to get past it. I'm not saying that you're wrong but I think they could've done better instead of taking the easy road.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
suicide isn't a pretty thing, and I certainly don't encourage it, it's not the answer to anything. Yes, life is important, life is precious and sometimes, there are worse situations out there than yours, and in this case, they killed themselves because they didn't get each other and there are other people out there who are living crappier lives than them not getting each other. But you didn't go through what they went through and by this I'm not saying you've never been in a situation where you can't be with the one you love, I'm saying that those suicidal thoughts that ran through their heads didn't run through your head, you didn't feel those feelings of being so lost and alone and out of choices, you didn't feel like the world turned it's back on you, like you had no way out. You don't know how bad it is to have those thoughts run through your head and control every part of you. When those thoughts hit, they hit you hard and they are the only thing you see, and nothing else makes sense. I'm not talking about "oh, my life sucks, I want to die", not those sarcastic, small things people say when they complain about their crappy day, I'm talking about those genuine, concrete thoughts of being lost and wanting to dig a hole and crawl into it and disappear, so genuine and concrete to the point where you actually plan out and carry out those thoughts. I know how serious those thoughts can be and how hard it is to snap out of being suicidal because I've gone through it. Those thoughts have ran through my head and at that moment, nothing else seemed to matter, even my parents' love. It wasn't until I was smack out of that trance that I began to realize what I was doing and remembered how much my parents loved me. So please, try not to be so harsh on those who commit suicide I know people have their own opinions but no need to be so harsh.

candi

sarNie Juvenile
This is truly sad. Since they are quite young, they probably thought there were no other ways to be together. With all the pressure from the Hmong tradition (disapproval, gossips on their relationship, bringing shame to their families), they thought dying together was the best thing. May they rest in peace on that beautiful mountains. Who knows, they are probably sitting and happily enjoying that view everyday.

population1

sarNie Egg
You're correct, there are countless obstacles. But it's always possible to control what you can. As I have said, they can control their own life. No one else can control their life for them. They could've taken the harder road where they find a possible solution to their love story. But they chose the easy way out; suicide. Of course, there are always obstacles in your life. You just have to use your brain and find a way to get past it. I'm not saying that you're wrong but I think they could've done better instead of taking the easy road.

"They could have"... is all I see those that say suicide is not an option. Why don't you make some suggestions? Take this scenario, you are a prisoner, and all you are fed are rotten, spoiled food. There is nothing else for you to eat or fill your stomach. You are desperate, hungry, and paranoid. You need to eat something, at least, or you will die. If you don't eat, you will die; therefore, you will be committing suicide, if/when you choose to starve yourself. If that is all too much to bear, there are other ways out; you can hang yourself or whatever means to kill yourself from suffering.

Like I said, unless you know for yourself how life is like there from first-hand, then speak boldly as you did; or, don't speak at all.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
"They could have"... is all I see those that say suicide is not an option. Why don't you make some suggestions? Take this scenario, you are a prisoner, and all you are fed are rotten, spoiled food. There is nothing else for you to eat or fill your stomach. You are desperate, hungry, and paranoid. You need to eat something, at least, or you will die. If you don't eat, you will die; therefore, you will be committing suicide, if/when you choose to starve yourself. If that is all too much to bear, there are other ways out; you can hang yourself or whatever means to kill yourself from suffering.

Like I said, unless you know for yourself how life is like there from first-hand, then speak boldly as you did; or, don't speak at all.
I'd rather take the bad food. At least its keeping me alive until I find a way out. Look at the Jews in the concentration camps during the holocaust. Some were able to survive while the other ones didn't. They couldn't control their life at the moment but they hung on. Suicide is intentionally killing yourself. If you die of starvation,you die of starvation. Not suicide. *Unless you were intentionally starving yourself. I'll repeat this again. You can only control what you can. There are things that you can control and things that you can't. This couple were able to control their life. But they chose not to. It's not like there was someone pointing a gun to their head forcing them to do something.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
suicide isn't a pretty thing, and I certainly don't encourage it, it's not the answer to anything. Yes, life is important, life is precious and sometimes, there are worse situations out there than yours, and in this case, they killed themselves because they didn't get each other and there are other people out there who are living crappier lives than them not getting each other. But you didn't go through what they went through and by this I'm not saying you've never been in a situation where you can't be with the one you love, I'm saying that those suicidal thoughts that ran through their heads didn't run through your head, you didn't feel those feelings of being so lost and alone and out of choices, you didn't feel like the world turned it's back on you, like you had no way out. You don't know how bad it is to have those thoughts run through your head and control every part of you. When those thoughts hit, they hit you hard and they are the only thing you see, and nothing else makes sense. I'm not talking about "oh, my life sucks, I want to die", not those sarcastic, small things people say when they complain about their crappy day, I'm talking about those genuine, concrete thoughts of being lost and wanting to dig a hole and crawl into it and disappear, so genuine and concrete to the point where you actually plan out and carry out those thoughts. I know how serious those thoughts can be and how hard it is to snap out of being suicidal because I've gone through it. Those thoughts have ran through my head and at that moment, nothing else seemed to matter, even my parents' love. It wasn't until I was smack out of that trance that I began to realize what I was doing and remembered how much my parents loved me. So please, try not to be so harsh on those who commit suicide I know people have their own opinions but no need to be so harsh.
Depression and suicide is a nasty sight. I understand that those thoughts are harmful and how much they can control you. Even when you can't control yourself, there are other people who can help you. When you have suicidal thoughts, depression etc, nothing makes sense. Nothing can get through your head until you snap out of it. I'm not trying to be harsh on people who commit suicide. I'm expressing my opinion on this couple. How bad is it that they have to commit suicide? I'm sure they could've worked something out. What I also don't understand is that they're not even that close. Why would the parents think that its kind of bad? I couldn't really understand what they meant by "aunt". *English way of saying it. Of course, it's sad that they decided to commit suicide.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
This is truly sad. Since they are quite young, they probably thought there were no other ways to be together. With all the pressure from the Hmong tradition (disapproval, gossips on their relationship, bringing shame to their families), they thought dying together was the best thing. May they rest in peace on that beautiful mountains. Who knows, they are probably sitting and happily enjoying that view everyday.
Agreed. Why didn't I think of that earlier? Lol. I tried to make everything so complex that I couldn't even say what I wanted to in the simplest way. smh

population1

sarNie Egg
I'd rather take the bad food. At least its keeping me alive until I find a way out. Look at the Jews in the concentration camps during the holocaust. Some were able to survive while the other ones didn't. They couldn't control their life at the moment but they hung on. Suicide is intentionally killing yourself. If you die of starvation,you die of starvation. Not suicide. *Unless you were intentionally starving yourself. I'll repeat this again. You can only control what you can. There are things that you can control and things that you can't. This couple were able to control their life. But they chose not to. It's not like there was someone pointing a gun to their head forcing them to do something.
The only thing you can hang on to is hope and a big miracle. However, it's not as easy as you think. I will say it again, it's easier said than done. How can you escape? If/when you do, you will be captured and imprisoned in tougher conditions; maybe, even executed. You are right when you said you can control what you can, but what you can control in certain situations are strung on a string over the edge (using this scenario and in a state of depression). Maybe you've never experienced depression first hand. So, you don't know the mixed feelings and thoughts all running off-course in your head. Maybe you've never felt deeply in love or honestly-madly-deeply-do, in faith and hope, in something that you are brave enough to undergo the extremities such as pain, suffering, and or even death. It all depends on who, when, where, why, and how. For you, you may find suicide as nothing you are brave enough to commit. The same can be said about murder. But these two young couples are strong, brave, and willful to the extent based on their position, situation, or what have they that they took up in their vows/beliefs, in eachother and faith. I give them that much credit at least. For they can be saved (I'm not christian) with condolences, understanding, respect, forgiveness, and silent regards. Let them rest in peace, for life is not fair. You have to think, they probably didn't have anyone else to turn to.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
The only thing you can hang on to is hope and a big miracle. However, it's not as easy as you think. I will say it again, it's easier said than done. How can you escape? If/when you do, you will be captured and imprisoned in tougher conditions; maybe, even executed. You are right when you said you can control what you can, but what you can control in certain situations are strung on a string over the edge (using this scenario and in a state of depression). Maybe you've never experienced depression first hand. So, you don't know the mixed feelings and thoughts all running off-course in your head. Maybe you've never felt deeply in love or honestly-madly-deeply-do, in faith and hope, in something that you are brave enough to undergo the extremities such as pain, suffering, and or even death. It all depends on who, when, where, why, and how. For you, you may find suicide as nothing you are brave enough to commit. The same can be said about murder. But these two young couples are strong, brave, and willful to the extent based on their position, situation, or what have they that they took up in their vows/beliefs, in eachother and faith. I give them that much credit at least. For they can be saved (I'm not christian) with condolences, understanding, respect, forgiveness, and silent regards. Let them rest in peace, for life is not fair. You have to think, they probably didn't have anyone else to turn to.
I haven't experience depression first hand but I have witnessed depression within my family. Imho, I wouldn't end my life because of love. I feel that life is precious and you shouldn't ruin your life out of something so small. Although, I haven't met the one who I truly love yet so maybe that's the reason for why I'm thinking in this state of mind. But I can say this. If me and my future partner couldn't be together because of family members, I will try to find a way out. Of course, to them, love was really important to them. Although its ridiculous that they committed suicide out of love, I can agree with you that they're brave. They're willing to end their life just to create a chance of being together in their next life.