Degree of Love / Prinya Ruk (Completed)

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
OOoOo Why is starting to have feelings for her.

yeah my cousin saw him in Chicago. They also saw Wonder Girls too. One day I want to go see Nichkhun, maybe I should live in South Korea and stalk him lol.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter THIRTEEN

Prinya: No need. No need to yell either.

Why: Why not? You need one so that we know you didn’t get kidnapped.

Prinya: Seriously (starting to sound annoyed) I don’t need one. It’s a big hassle.

Why: You are getting one. It’s final! (Gets on his couch)

Prinya: (whispers) Fine. Jeesh! (walks to change for bed)

On Why’s time off he took his car and left campus to go to the phone store the next day. The salesman came up to him and asked him what kind of phone he was looking for.

Why: (staring at all the phones) I want to get a phone that is easy to use. With emergency buttons.

Salesman: Yes. We have these ones over here. Are you thinking of getting one for your girlfriend?

Why: Umm, you can say that.

Salesman: She’ll be a lucky girl if you get her this one here. (picks up a sleek metallic baby blue phone) It has speed dial so that she can contact you in a click of a button. Plus this one has a video phone so you can see each other.

Why: Sounds good. I want to get one too. My other phone is for business only.

Salesman: Ahh, I see. You want a couple phone… (smile)

Why: (flustered) Umm. Not necessarily.

Salesman: It’s for your girlfriend. So, everyone calls two phones, one for the girlfriend and one for yourself a ‘couple phone’.

Why: Whatever. Just give it to me.

Salesman: Alright. This color is the newest. You can get the silver or black one.

Prinya wasn’t back until 7 again tonight. Why already had his number configured into the phone. He put in a code name in case anybody figures out they’re a couple.

Why: (click) There. Now she has me under “Prince” (smile)

Suddenly Prinya enters.

Prinya: (walks to bed and lays stretched out) Ahh, so tired today.

Why: (walks over to Prinya and hands Prinya the phone) Here.

Prinya: (look at the object) What is this?

Why: Your phone.

Prinya: You already got it? Now I have to use it. (disappointed face)

Why: Yep you do. (smirk) I already got my number in there. That should be the only number you have.

Prinya: How about your parents? (start looking at the phone)

Why: Okay. Have their number there too.

Prinya: (saw the “Prince” and starts laughing) Prince? What the heck?

Why: I couldn’t think of anything else.

Prinya: If people go through my phone they’re going to think it is my boyfriend.

Why: Well, it’s your husband.

Prinya: Seriously, that is such a tacky nickname. I’m going to add the house number too. And my driver.

Why: Okay. But these should be the only numbers you have.

Prinya: Yep. I won’t be using it much anyways. So no need for more than these numbers.

Why: Let’s hope it’s true. I better not see Wi’s name in there.

Prinya: (look up at Why) What do you mean Wi’s name?

Why: I saw that you got friendly with him this week.

Prinya: When did you see?

Why: I don’t mean to interfere with your love life or anything, but wasn’t he rude to you last week?

Prinya: Yeah. But we made up and we’re friends now.

Why: And that’s why you’ve been weird lately.

Prinya: What’s that supposed to mean? Let me tell you one thing Mr. “Prince”. I am not doing anything bad.

Why: Fine. Whatever. (heads to bed)

Prinya had decided to go ahead and study at the library so that she won’t interfere with Why’s difficulty sleeping with the lights on. She has to use time to study in the evening to make up for the band practice times. Saturdays are usually easier to get away from Why since he’s at the studio. Trust is going to try to get a gig this Saturday by meeting up with a coffee shop owner who is throwing a party for their 1st anniversary. Wiwat promised the owner that they are way better than before.

On Saturday Why went to the studio early. Prinya was at least still in bed today.

Why: (look at Prinya before he leaves the room) We rarely spoke after Tuesday. Me ignoring you just makes me miss talking to you more. (thinks) No, wait. Why did I just say that out loud? I don’t miss you at all. I am content with just going to work and school. (walks up to Prinya and snaps a picture of her on his phone; walks out the door; stares at the picture he just took and laughed).

At the studio

Willa: Son, you should bring Prinya to the studio sometime. She can help you around the office. Then she won’t be so bored or have to study all day.

Why: Mom! (look up from the box) I don’t need her here interfering with work. If I liked having someone around I would have let Lamb come by.

Willa: But you don’t like Lamb. That’s why you don’t want her around. But, you like Prinya. She’ll be fun to have here.

Why: Then why don’t you invite her over to help you out.

Willa: (walk off to her office) Hmm, he has a point. I can do that. (Go to office and picks up the phone) Yam?

Yam: Yes Mrs. Willa.

Willa: Is Prinya there?

Yam: No, she left to go study with friends. She said she won’t be back until 7.

Willa: Oh, I see.

Willa walks back to see Why. She peeks in.

Willa: Hey Son. Do you know if Prinya has another number?

Why: Yeah. Why do you want it?

Willa: I just called home and she’s not home. She went to study.

Why: (thinking) Again?

Willa: Do you have the number?

Why: (got out of thinking) Yeah. It’s here. (got up and hand phone to mom)

Willa: Oooh, you got a couple phone? You didn’t let us know about this?

Why: I got it for her on Tuesday. She doesn’t use it anyways. It’s not a couple’s phone mom.

Willa: Well honey. If she has it with her then she is using it. You just need to take initiative and call her.

Why: Why would I do that? I don’t need to call her every minute mom.

Willa: Son, just calling your wife once a day wouldn’t hurt. I noticed that she’s been studying until 7 every day. I want to give her a break.

Why: You think coming to the office is a break?

Willa: Yes. She gets to see the man she loves. That is a break for any woman.

Why: Well mom. I think Prinya is different.

Willa: Honey. I can see in Prinya’s eyes that she cares about you.

Why went back to work and thought about what his mom just said. His mom told him that a girl who doesn’t care about a man wouldn’t be worried about his feelings. Just Prinya accepting the phone means she cares. He got to thinking about who Prinya’s friend could be. Could it be Wi?

Sneak Peek!! Ch. 14!
Why: Tomorrow you are coming to the studio.

Prinya: (yells) Are you serious?

Why: What’s wrong?

Prinya: Umm, I can’t do that tomorrow. I already promised my friends I’ll study with them again tomorrow.

Wiwat came out and overheard Prinya lie about studying. He is suspicious of Prinya and wonders why she has to lie about the band. He goes back inside.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
I feel that by now, Prinya should just say that she is hanging out with her friends and in a band. There's nothing wrong with that, plus this way Why wouldn't feel suspicious. I can't wait for the next update ^^ Why is falling for her <333

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter FOURTEEN

Practice was running late. Prinya forgot to give the family a call to let them know they were ending late. Suddenly the phone rang.

Priny
a: (runs to her bag and searches for the phone) Gosh (whispers) the Prince is calling.

Wiwat: (packing up his guitar; look up at Prinya) You have a phone?

Prinya: (still searching) Yeah. Wh..I mean I just got it.

Kong: (staring at Prinya too) I thought you didn’t care about technology.

Prinya: (found the phone and pulls it out) I don’t. (about to pick up, but ends) Jeez. Hang up all of a sudden.

Dome: Who is it?

Prinya: (trying to think of something) Oh. Err. My family. We ran late and I guess I didn’t call so they got worried.

Wiwat: You should call them back.

Prinya: That’s okay.

Wiwat: You should call them. They must be worried sick.

Tum: Yeah.

Prinya: Fine. Excuse me for a sec then. (Walk out of the basement to the back patio; Dials Why back)

Why: (sees Prinya’s number; presses talk) Yeah?

Prinya: You called?

Why: Yeah. Why didn’t you pick up?

Prinya: Umm, I tried to. I just couldn’t find it.

Why: You should have it in a place that you can find easily.

Prinya: Fine. I will. What do you want?

Why: Why aren’t you home yet?

Prinya: (shock) You’re home already?

Why: No. I called home to see if you were there. And Yam told me you were still out.

Prinya: Oh. Well, you see I decided to go to the library to study more.

Why: Why do you study so much? Mom is making me nervous by asking me why I don’t know where you are and you’re supposed to be my wife.

Prinya: Oh.

Why: Tomorrow you are coming to the studio.

Prinya: (shouts) Are you serious?

Why: What’s wrong?

Prinya: Umm, I can’t do that tomorrow. I already promised my friends I’ll study with them again tomorrow.

Wiwat came out and overheard Prinya lie about studying. He is suspicious of Prinya and wonders why she has to lie about the band. He goes back inside.

Wiwat
: Prinya hasn’t told her family about us yet. And she’s been lying to them.

Kong: What do you mean?

Wiwat: She can’t even tell her family about us.

Dome: So? Maybe her family just doesn’t accept it. She is showing us that she is committed though.

Wiwat: How?

Dome: She’s coming to practices.

Tum: Yeah. And we just got the gig today because of her. She seems to be the type to feel bad if she doesn’t help us with the gig.

Kong: Hmm. I don’t know. We should ask her why she has to lie about us.

Prinya walked back in looking upset. Everyone stared at her. She looked up.

Prinya
: (presses her lips together and stares at each of them) Did I do something wrong?

Wiwat: (sounded a little angry) Why are you lying about us?

Prinya: What do you mean?

Wiwat: I overheard you tell your family that you’re studying with us tomorrow. They don’t know that you’re in our band yet?

Prinya: Well…honestly, they don’t know. But, I can guarantee you that I won’t let you guys down. I will tell my family soon. I want to surprise them. Can’t you guys just keep me being in the band a secret for a while?

Kong: Okay. And I was going to put your picture up on the website too so we can attract male audiences. (bummed)

Prinya: Just keep it off for now. My family wants me to work with them tomorrow. But, I told them I had to study.

Wiwat: You can go with your family. They should be your priority. You should've told us earlier that you wanted to surprise them. (more relaxed)

Prinya: But, I want to show that I really am committed to this band. Perhaps I will go there after our gig.

Wiwat: Okay. We have our gig this upcoming Friday night. I’ll give you all Saturday off.

Prinya: (mouth curves into a smile) Yes! Thank you!! (hug Wiwat)

Wiwat: (shock) Woah.

Dome: (jumps in to hug Wiwat) Yes! Thank you. I love the band and all, but I need to study.

Prinya: You have another test?

Dome: Yep. It’s on Monday.

Prinya realizes that next Saturday will be a long day for Why. Dome and Why have some of the same classes. She will try her best to help him on Saturday. Then she realized she was still hugging Wiwat and lets go.

Suddenly the phone rings again.

Wiwat
: Jeez, your family is calling you a lot today.

Prinya: They’re just worried. So worried they got me a phone. I guess I will head out now. See you all tomorrow morning.

Wiwat: (calls after Prinya) Hey you! Thanks.

Prinya: (turn to smile at Wiwat) No problem. We will get everything to perfection tomorrow. (answer phone and continue to walk) Yes. Mr Prince?

Why: Are you still with your friends?

Prinya: Nope. I’m getting in the car right now.

Why: Oh.

Prinya: Are you home already?

Why: No. Call me when you get home.

Prinya: I never called you before. Why should I do that now?

Why: Because I don’t know what you are up to. But, I don’t want anything bad to happen to you while you’re under my care.

Prinya: Fine Mr. Prince.

When Prinya got home she ran upstairs and called Why.

Prinya
: Hey I’m calling to let you know I’m home.

Why: Okay.

Prinya: Well, night.

Why: Hang on. What about tomorrow? Did you get things figured out?

Prinya: I am not breaking my promise to my friends. How about next Saturday?

Why: Fine. Not like I want you to come anyways. Mom is just making me.

Prinya: Alright. When are you coming home?

Why: I’ll be home at 11. I don’t have an exam this week, so I’m getting up early to come to the studio tomorrow.

Prinya: Oh. Well goodnight (hang up)

Prinya held her phone to her heart and smiles. She gets to go to practice tomorrow and still hasn’t been caught. She will surprise him on Friday. Now she has to think of a way to get him to the gig and show him that she is not a complete loner.

Sneak peek, ch 15!
Why: (not wanting her to give up) Hey. You can’t think that way. What happened to the girl I met a month ago?

Prinya: (looks into Why’s eye) What do you mean? I am the same as always. You just think I’m a certain way.

Why: Really? Well, I do want you to be defeated by me (being sarcastic). So, give me the address of the place you want me to see and if I can make it I’ll go, otherwise what I want will come true. Your defeat.

=-=-=-=-=-=​

Lamb: We never officially broke it off. And I told you, I don’t care if you are married. I can see that you had no interest in her. Your parents made you do it. I know it.

Things after this chapter will start picking up because I actually planned out what will be in each chapter. So far I have everything written up to chapter 16 1/2. I will try to write ahead faster so I can post faster & finish this fan fiction.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Now i get it, she wants to surprise Why and prove to him that she can have friends. i can't wait for their gig :D

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter FIFTEEN

The rest of the week went as usual. Why is still concerned about why Prinya goes to study everyday and not stay home and ask him for help. Finally on Thursday night, Why asks to talk to Prinya.

Why: Hey you. Can we talk?

Prinya: Umm, okay. I have something to tell you too. (worried tone)

Why: What do you have to tell me? (worried)

Prinya: I’ll tell you after. What do you want to say to me?

Why: Well, you’ve been studying elsewhere for three weeks straight. I barely see you when you’re awake. What have you been up to?

Prinya: Oh. Well, I guess this leads into what I have to tell you. (sits down at the desk and turns the chair towards Why who is sitting on his couch). You know how you told me I didn’t have friends?

Why: Yeah?

Prinya: Well I’ve been working on something. So I can prove you wrong.

Why: (starts laughing) Are you serious? So you haven’t been studying? That worried tone made me worry too. What a relief.

Prinya: But, I have been studying. Just doing other stuff on the side. And I want to show you what I’ve been working on tomorrow night.

Why: Tomorrow night? I have work. You should’ve told me earlier. It can’t be any other day?

Prinya: Nope. It’s tomorrow night. If you can’t make it to see it then you probably won’t ever see it. So I guess I should admit defeat.

Why: (not wanting her to give up) Hey. You can’t think that way. What happened to the girl I met a month ago?

Prinya: (looks into Why’s eye) What do you mean? I am the same as always. You just think I’m a certain way.

Why: Really? Well, I do want you to be defeated by me (being sarcastic). So, give me the address of the place you want me to see and if I can make it I’ll go, otherwise what I want will come true. Your defeat.

Prinya: (gets up from chair) Hey! You jerk! I am not going to give up. (hands address over to Why.) Be there or else!

Why: (grabs address) For suffering on this couch so long, I don’t know if I should be nice. (lays on the couch and closes eyes to sleep)

Prinya: (softly mutters to self) I was only saying that I will admit defeat to make you feel sorry for me and show up. My friends making it to the top is more important than impressing you! (lying to self)

The next evening the band started prepping. They had all decided to wear whatever they wanted since they hadn’t had time to go buy outfits to match. Prinya had already told the rest of the family what she has been keeping from them and they agreed to go to see her perform at the coffee shop. Wor and Som had other plans in mind. Meanwhile, back at the studio…

Lamb
: (walk into the studio room) Why. I know you don’t want me here when you work. But, I haven’t seen you in a couple weeks. (received a call from Wor and Som earlier)

Why: I’ve been busy.

Lamb: Can’t you just take the rest of today off and go to dinner with me? What kind of guy doesn’t bother to see his girlfriend?

Why: I told you. I’ve been busy. School and work is pretty much all I’ve been doing.

Lamb: But, you need to schedule in your girlfriend too.

Why: You have a busy schedule too don’t you?

Lamb: Still, I make time to meet you in that schedule. You don’t even try to see me anymore. You don’t appear at my press conferences to give me flowers or anything anymore. The media has been asking lots of questions about our relationship.

Why: (gets up from chair) Isn’t it that I am married now? Why would I bring you flowers? Since my marriage is out in the open, you know our relationship will ruin the company.

Lamb: We never officially broke it off. And I told you, I don’t care if you are married. I can see that you had no interest in her. Your parents made you do it. I know it.

Why: I have something to do today. I’ll take time off tomorrow to meet with you.

Lamb: But, tomorrow I have a photo shoot and contracts to sign for an upcoming drama I’ll be in. You have to meet me today. If you don’t, I will tell the media that you were forced to marry. Wouldn’t that mean bad for the company? (turn around and smirk; starts to walk out the door)

Why: Wait. I will go with you tonight. (feel bad about Prinya. She wanted to prove that she had friends to him, and she will lose to him. Why should he feel bad? The company is important too, that's why he married Prinya in the first place.) Let me call someone first. Go ahead and wait for me in the lobby.

Lamb: Alright. (smiles and walk out)

Meanwhile, at the gig, Prinya is looking all over for Why. She couldn’t spot him anywhere. She spotted Willa, Pun, and Yam. They pretended like they were there for coffee and enjoy the show instead of there to support Prinya since they knew that Prinya truly doesn’t want to be in the lime light.

Wiwat
: Hey you. Who are you looking for? We need to get ready to go on stage. We have 10 minutes.

Prinya: (turn to look at Wiwat) Oh, just someone. Sorry. Let’s go.

Suddenly the phone rings. Prinya actually had it in her pocket. She looks at Wiwat.

Prinya
: (chuckles) Oh. It must be my family. I planned on surprising them today. But, they’re not all here yet.

Wiwat: Is that who you’ve been looking for? Go ahead and take the call. Just make it short.

Prinya: Alright. Thanks. (looks at phone…”Prince”...answers call). Hello Mr. Prince. (smiles) So you decided to make me feel defeated by not coming?

Why: (actually sad, but decided to sound peppy) Actually, you are right on! I’m not going. Well, that means you lose.

Prinya suddenly hangs up.

Why
: (hears click) Hey, what happened? (suddenly feels bad; walks to lobby; thinks) I didn't think she'd be that angry.

Prinya couldn’t believe that he really wouldn’t come. She thought that even though he had a tough image, he really did show some concern towards her feelings. She thought because she was concerned about her studying late at night would interrupt him, he would see that. She never realized how upset she really was about him not coming. But she quickly got over it once she saw the other band members excited about the gig and she knew she had to do this for them too.

Finally they go on stage and starts off with an upbeat song. The crowd cheers and more customers even entered to see. Pun, Willa, and Yam were really surprised by Prinya’s voice. They had a superstar under their wings and didn’t know it. Willa knew Ya sang back in college, but didn’t think about Prinya getting a talented gift from her mother. Then Pun gets a call. He excused himself to go outside.

Pun
: Hello son. You’re not here to support your wife?

Why: (surprised his dad was there to see what Prinya has been hiding) What? You’re at the location?

Pun: Yeah. Son. Today your wife is singing and she just finished her first song. She has an amazing voice! We could even sign her into the label.

Why: (couldn’t believe it. She meant what she said, if he missed it, he may never see her do it again) Dad, I’ll be there later. Is she only singing one song?

Pun: Nope, they’re performing until about 11pm. Oh, here is her second song. Listen (takes phone and sticks in in the doorway.

Why could hear a little bit of her voice and it was really good. The song was also very catchy and meaningful. But, the phone was staticky. A barista came to the doorway and told Pun that he couldn’t stand in the doorway like that.

Pun
: Hey son, I have to hang up now. Got in trouble with the people here. (laugh) Well, get here soon. (click)

Why felt bad. He went back to the table and told Lamb that he really had to go. Lamb quickly grabbed Why’s arm and got up from the chair and dropped to the ground.

Why
: Lamb! What’s wrong? (notices she has fainted)

There was no response from Lamb. He looked on the table and noticed 2 glasses of wine were completely empty. She was weak with alcohol. He picked her up and took her to the car and drove her to her condo. He had her keys and let her in and sat her down on her bed. She had twitched slightly and grabbed on to Why’s arm.

Lamb
: (mumble) Why, don’t go. Stay with me.

Why: I need to go somewhere important. I’ll come back later.

Lamb: No. Please don’t. I know you’re going to see your wife.

Why: How do you know?

Lamb: I just have a feeling.

Why: I’ll come back to check on you later. Just sleep for now. You shouldn’t have drank this much.

Why got up and left before Lamb could put in another word. Lamb quickly sat up.

Lamb
: (talking to self) Geesh. I planned that whole thing and he wouldn’t even stay when I could barely lift myself up. Some boyfriend. I need to find out what this new girl looks like. (evil jealous face).

It was now 10:50 and it would take another 20 minutes to get to the coffee shop. Why knew he was already running late. If only Lamb’s condo wasn’t so far away he would’ve made it to see some of Prinya’s performance. He hoped she’d still be there when he got there.

Pun
: (went up to meet the band) Hey. You all were awesome. (pretended like he didn’t know Prinya) I’m president of Ocean.

All: (look at one another) Serious?

Tum: No way!

Pun: Yep. I am. Here’s my card if you’re ever interested in coming in with a demo.

Prinya: (look at Wiwat) Great opportunity. (look at Pun) I think we’ll think about it for sure.

Pun: Alright. Hope to see you all again. (leaves)

Kong: Oh man! We were approached by the president himself!

Dome: Yeah, out of all the days he comes to the coffee shop.

Wiwat: But, he was probably only interested in Prinya. Without her, we’d be nothing.

Tum: Yeah, remember she said she doesn’t want to make it big with us?

Wiwat: (look at Prinya) Don’t have to feel pressured. We understand. Let’s all pack up and go.

Prinya started to look around again upset that Why never showed up. He is so cruel. She calls her driver and gets in the car. She couldn’t hold in her sadness any longer and decided to make a phone call to Mituna.

Mituna
: Hello?

Prinya: (sobbing) He didn’t come see me perform!

Mituna: What? What happened? Why are you crying?

Prinya: I wanted to prove him wrong and he didn’t care enough to even come see me. Even though I didn’t want to be his wife, I still wanted to be family with him. I actually cared about people in this family. He couldn’t even care about one thing I requested.

Mituna: Hey, Prinya. I know that you’re upset. But you’re stronger than this. You usually don’t let things like this get you down.

Prinya: Yeah, but you know how I am when it comes to family and the people I love.

Mituna: Prinya, are you sure you’re not in love with him? I know that you are that way with family, but it seems as though you aren’t being strong against him not showing up.

Prinya: I don’t know if I love him. I just know that he is like family to me now and he had the nerve to do that to me. I thought I sensed some good in him.

Mituna: Since you aren’t sure about your feelings, think about it some more. But, stay strong.

Prinya: You’re right. I can get over this. I don’t have to be nice anymore.

Mituna: Prinya, you can’t be like that. Maybe he didn’t do it on purpose. He did have to work right?

Prinya: Yeah. And I told him so late. It was my fault. Oh, did you know that the band made so much money today? I can afford a bus for you to visit me once I make just a bit more!

Mituna: Really?

Prinya: Yeah! And, I have a great opportunity for you too. I’ll let you know about it when you get here.

Prinya was happy to let her anger out and she headed home with a smile on her face. It can’t be Why’s fault. She was the one who didn’t tell him earlier. She ran to her room and he was still gone. She decided to get clothes ready to go to the studio tomorrow.

Back at the coffee shop, the doors were locked. The manager came outside and Why asked if the band had left. The manager told Why that they left 30 minutes ago and that the show was amazing. He plans to have them back again.

Why
: Band?

Manager: Yeah. It was a band called Trust.

Why: Really?

Manager: Yep. The singer…Prinya was her name. She was awesome. The guests all complimented. The music was great.

Why knew that he missed his wife’s performance. He got in his car and drove home silently. She must be upset. He hurt her. She hung up on him.

He finally made it home and went upstairs to his room. She was already in bed. He walked over to her and knelt down on his knees. He looked at her and wanted to stroke her hair, but he couldn’t. He felt like he didn’t have a right to touch her after making her upset.

Why
: (whisper) I’m sorry.

The next morning Why got up and started to head to the shower. But the door was locked. Then suddenly the door swings open and Prinya peeks out.

Prinya
: (startled) Oh, I was about to call you to hand me my towel. I forgot to grab it.

Why: (thought) She seems happy today. (stares at the Prinya’s face and realizes she’s naked behind this door. Then walks to pick up her towel and bring it back to hand to her)

Prinya: Thanks (closes door; calls out) I’ll be done in a bit. Give me a minute.

After a minute, Prinya steps out. She was wearing flats, black leggings, a mini skirt and silk blouse. Her hair was still a mess, but Why loved the way she looked today. He couldn’t stop staring.

Prinya
: Hey you. Aren’t you going to shower? We’re gonna be late to the studio,

Why headed into the shower wondering why she’s so happy after what he did to her yesterday. Prinya had finished her hair quickly and put on a nice headband. She went downstairs and got breakfast ready and packed it. She told the family that Why should go to work early so that he doesn’t have to stay home late before a study day. They all laughed. She went to wait for Why in the car.

Why approached the car and opened the door. Prinya looked out at him and smiled. He got in.

Why
: You seem all cheery today.

Prinya: Yep. I have the day off.

Why: You’re going to help out at the studio. That’s pretty much work.

Prinya: But, I don’t have to study today! (Hands why breakfast.) Here, eat in the car. Then when you get to work you can get started right away.

Why: (look over at Prinya) Hey, I’m…

Prinya: (cut Why off) You’re sorry? No problem. I understand. We’re enemies after all.

Why: But, we’re not. I don’t hate you. And I didn’t miss your performance on purpose.

Prinya: I see. Anyways, how about you make it up to me?

Why: How?

Prinya: You let me work part time somewhere? So that I can make money to bring Mituna down here.

Why: Okay. But, how are things going to work with school and the band?

Prinya: I’ll figure it out.

Why: You know, I can just buy the ticket to get your friend here.

Prinya: I want to earn the money myself.

Sneak peek, CH 16!!
Why: What is that bandana all about?

Prinya: I don’t want people to recognize my face out here.

Why: Who cares anymore?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-​

Lamb: (stare after Prinya; gives a little half smile; turns back to look at Why and sits) You want to go to dinner with me tonight?
We are halfway!! Unless I decide to extend this ff later. Right now I plan for 30 chapters :D I'm working on Ch. 17 and will post Ch. 16 once I have 17 written up so I can post spoilers.

kab hnub

sarNie Hatchling
i thought he was gonna make it to her gig, but he missed. poor prinya TT_TT i wonder how this making up will work out???

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter SIXTEEN

Why: (look at Prinya) Are you sure? I can pay for her to get here.

Prinya: I’m sure. (begin to look out the window)

Both stayed silent the rest of the way. Why usually drives to work himself, but his wife already got into the car with his driver. Why starts eating what his wife packed him. It was good, he wondered if she cooked it. Prinya turns back to look forward but caught glimpses of Why eating silently. She thought about Mituna said and wondered if she was angry last night because Why was annoying or because she likes him and wanted him there to support her.

Finally they made it to the building. Prinya grabs a bandana in her bag and wraps it around herself and puts on sunglasses to cover her face. Why looked at her funny.

Why: What is that bandana all about?

Prinya: I don’t want people to recognize my face out here.

Why: Who cares anymore?

Prinya: I care because we are supposed to keep this marriage a secret.

Why: Everyone already knows I’m married.

Prinya: But people haven’t really gotten a glimpse of me.

Why: Fine. Whatever. (sarcastically) Don’t ever take those glasses off all day.

Prinya: (thought she looked ridiculous) Fine then. Once we are inside, I will reveal my face and you will have to live up to the consequences that follow.

Why: I will. (Get out of car; turn to look back in and holds hand towards Prinya) Coming?

Prinya: (grabs her stuff; disses Why’s hand; gets out of car) Of course.

Once inside the building Prinya takes a good look at it. It was massive. None of the other workers were there yet except for the janitor and the receptionist.
Prinya followed Why to his office. Once he went inside she stopped at the doorway. His office was on the first floor next to the studio. She peered inside and then stepped back out to lean on the wall next to his door and took off her bandana and sunglasses. She felt like it shouldn’t matter if people knew now. It was hard to keep the secret for so long. If people knew, she’d just get that divorce in another 2 years and that’s what most couples do anyways.

Why
: (look up from desk; shouts) Why aren’t you coming in?

Prinya: (peers back inside) You never told me what I was going to do today.

Why: (didn’t really think about it) Hmm, I don’t know if mom will find a task for you. She just told me I should have you come to the company. Don’t just peek in here, come in so I can see you.

Prinya: Alright (walk in; stands in front of Why’s desk)

Why: Let’s see. I usually sit here for 10 minutes and look at my schedule and drink coffee. Then I go to the studio and produce until my first schedule comes in and we either sit and talk in the office about concepts or we go to the studio and record. Today I’m working on two songs. I usually don’t like to be bothered when I work.

Prinya: So, I just wait to see what your mom wants me to do?

Why: Pretty much yes. I don’t need you in here.

Prinya: Oh. I see. Well, I guess I’ll go chill upstairs and wait for your parents to get here.

Why: Yep. I guess so.

Prinya gets up from her chair.

Why
: Wait. (gets up) I thought of something. How about you make me coffee.

Prinya: Okay. Where do I make it?

Why points to his snack counter and Prinya heads over to make him his coffee. He sits back down and reads his schedule. Prinya hands him his coffee. He grabs it and takes a sip. It was alright, but he remained silent. Prinya decides to walk out and go upstairs. Why noticed she left and thought that having her around was not that bad. But, he couldn’t ask her to come back after sending her off.

An hour later all of the other workers appeared. The secretary upstairs wondered why Prinya was sitting and waiting. Then the secretary recognized that Prinya was here before and asked if she was Why’s wife.

Prinya
: Err (fidgeting) Umm, yes I am.

Secretary: Wow. You are just so cute. So envious of you. Mr. Why is a very handsome young man. You are one lucky darling.

Prinya: (blush) Well, I guess I am. (smiles)

Willa and Pun finally arrive.

Willa
: Honey, why aren’t you downstairs with Why? You left together, aren’t you supposed to be down there?

Prinya: He told me that he doesn’t like to be bothered and that you will assign tasks for me.

Willa thought long and hard about what she was going to let Prinya do. She had planned for her son to bring Prinya to work so that they could get closer. So, she decides to make Prinya messenger to Why.

Willa
: Prinya. Can you take this note down to Why?

Prinya: Okay.

Prinya walked downstairs instead of using the elevator. Once she got down, Why was already in the studio. She didn’t know if she should go in while he is working or if she should leave it on his desk. She decided to go for it and knock. Why couldn’t hear with the headphones on. Prinya noticed the cell phone next to him. So, she dialed his number. Why stopped what he was doing and picked up the phone.

Why
: Yes?

Prinya: Hey. I knocked and you didn’t answer. Can I give you this note from your mom?

Why: (turns to look out the studio window) Yes. Come on in.

Prinya walks in with the note. But, as soon as she handed Why the envelope with the note inside, she let go too soon and it dropped to the floor. She bent down to pick it up, but Why did at the same time. Their heads collided and both got back up immediately.

Why
: Ouch.

Prinya: Sorry. Here, let me pick it up.

Why: No. It’s not your fault. I can pick it up.

Why bends down to pick it up and starts reading it. He looks up at Prinya and then tells her she’s staying in the studio with him.

Prinya
: But why? Don’t you get annoyed? You keep changing your mind.

Why: As long as you just sit silently I probably won’t notice you’re here.

Prinya: Oh. I see. I took a day off from practice to sit.

Why: Maybe I’ll have something for you to do later.

Prinya sat down next to Why. After a minute she got bored. She couldn’t hear the music he was working on, so she spun her chair to face outside the room. Then she got up and left.

Why usually notices when someone is in the room with him, that is why he likes to work without Lamb around. But, Prinya was so quiet that he didn’t feel annoyed. When she got up to leave, he wondered if she had to take a break or if she was leaving to go elsewhere. If she were leaving, she should at least have said something.

Prinya left to go use the restroom. She returned and sat on the couch outside the studio. Willa came down and handed her an ipod. Prinya thanked her and started listening to the music. Suddenly, she heard her own voice. They were the songs that had been uploaded on the website and Willa had someone download them.
It was now noon and Prinya just sat and listened to music. She peered into the studio and noticed Why still working away. He hasn’t left the studio once to take a break. She began to worry about him because that isn’t very healthy. She sat back down and her stomach began to grumble. Then…

Why
: Are you hungry?

Prinya: (look up at Why; smiles; laughs) I guess so.

Why: You could’ve left to go eat.

Prinya: How about you? You didn’t even take one break.

Why: I did. You were just in the restroom when I did.

Prinya: Oh. Jeez…made me wor…(silent)

Why: Worry? (smile) Let’s go to lunch. What do you want to eat?

Prinya: Anything is fine. Do you have an employee lounge here?

Why: Out of anything, you want to eat in the employee lounge?

Prinya: Yeah. Saves money right?

Why: That’s all you think about. Saving money. Okay let’s go.

Prinya: But, aren’t you worried?

Why: I told you this morning. I don’t care anymore.

Prinya: I’ve been kind of careful all day too! That’s why I stayed down here the whole time.

Why: You didn’t have to if you didn’t want to.

Prinya: I wanted…(silent)

Why: Okay, let’s go. (grabs Prinya’s hand and lifts her up from her seat)

Prinya: (got up, let go of Why) Okay.

At lunch some of the employees were shocked to see Why sitting in there. They all stared but nobody dared to come up to them. Prinya felt a little uncomfortable with all the stares. Then Why stood up.

Why
: (ahem) You people keep staring. Are you wondering? Well, I’ll just announce now. (hand points to Prinya) This is my wife.

Everyone stopped to watched. Prinya was shocked at how open Why is. He broke his own rules today. She couldn’t believe it. Her divorce to him in another year or two would be difficult. But did she really want to divorce him? What are his feelings towards her?

Lamb
: Ahem. (walk up to Why, hook her arms on Why) What are you talking about Why? Isn’t this only a…

Why: Stop it Lamb.

Lamb: Fine Why. Wish you stayed longer last night. May I sit?

Prinya: Go ahead Lamb. (uncomfortable, but wants to keep her cool). I’m going to go for a little walk.

Why: Prin…(stops as Prinya already got up and walked off)

Lamb: (stare after Prinya; gives a little half smile; turns back to look at Why and sits) You want to go to dinner with me tonight?

Why: (look back at Lamb) I have to study. My test is this Monday.

Prinya pondered around on her walk. She still had 15 minutes left until lunch was over. She walked towards a music store and went inside. There were posters of various artists, then one she spotted and stared at. It was a picture of Lamb.

Wiwat: (behind Prinya) Hey!

Prinya: (startled; turn around) Hey. What are you doing here?

Wiwat: (smile) Well, on my day off I like to come to the music store and listen to tracks for fun.

Prinya: Oh, I see.

Wiwat: I thought you had to work with your family today.

Prinya: Yep. I do. I’m on break right now. But, I have to get going back.

Wiwat: Oh, really? I can walk you back. Where to?

Prinya: Well, err, umm. I can go back myself.

Wiwat: How about if we go halfway.

Prinya: Okay.

The two start walking back towards the company. They were smiling and chatting away. Why was out trying to find Prinya and he spotted them across the street from where he was standing. He quickly hid behind a pole. Prinya and Wiwat stopped walking. They stood facing each other and smiling and laughing. Then, Wiwat handed Prinya something. He held her hand for longer than Why could imagine.

Why: (jealous) How can she be like this? She’s married!

Before he could rush across, the two separated ways and Prinya walked towards the company. Why decided to take a different way and run back before Prinya gets there.

Prinya made it to the company. She started to climb the stairs towards the entrance. Then she walked in and stopped mid way towards the studio room. Why and Lamb were standing facing each other.

Why
: I would love to go to dinner with you tonight. (reach out to hold Lamb’s hand)

Lamb: Oh, Why. I’m so glad. Pick me up at my place. (turn to glare at Prinya).

Why: Alright. See you then.

Lamb: (moves closer to Why and pecks him on the cheek) Until then. (smiles; walks towards Prinya; stares). He will leave you soon.

All Prinya could do was act tough. She brushed off what she saw and continued towards Why.

Sneek PEEK!! Ch. 17!
Prinya: So, let’s get working Why. You have a date tonight and you have to prep to study for your big test on Monday.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-​

Why: (look at Prinya and starts laughing) Your outfit is hilarious!

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-​

Why: I want to know. Why is Wiwat here?

Prinya: I don’t know. He probably just wanted to come and order dinner or something.

Why: Then why is he helping you pick up garbage and not ordering?

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter SEVENTEEN

Prinya: So, let’s get working Why. You have a date tonight and you have to prep to study for your big test on Monday.

Why: You know about my test?

Prinya: Yep. Dome told me all about it.

Why: Oh. What are you doing tomorrow while I study?

Prinya: Band practice.

Why: I see. Wi is going to be there?

Prinya: (look at Why suspiciously) Of course, he’s our band leader.

The rest of the day was a little awkward for the two. They both were jealous of one another, yet both were determined not to show it. Why also prepared a headphone for Prinya to listen to what he is working on.

Prinya
: Hey, I have a question. Can I make comments, or do you want silence? I know how you get annoyed by people interfering with your work.

Why: (thought about what Prinya said; he wasn’t annoyed by her; he loved hearing her voice) No. Go ahead. I’m in a good mood today.

Prinya: (thought) Yeah. Because you have a date tonight.

At 6pm everything was complete. Prinya had great points to make to Why. He wondered why she wouldn’t just be a producer herself. She reminded Why that he had a date to attend to at 7 and that she’ll call the driver to take her home. She walked out the door before Why can say anything else. He figured he’d actually go nap somewhere and cancel on Lamb. But, he’ll cancel after Prinya leaves.

Why called to cancel on Lamb and told her he is tired and that he really had to study. She okayed the ditch even though she was mad. Lamb even called the school to make sure there really was an exam on Monday. Luckily there was and Lamb decided not to play mean towards Why and Prinya. She had another plan.

Why didn’t go home until 10 and when he got home Prinya was already in bed. He went to his bed and slept. This was the first time in a long time he got work done early on a Saturday before the exams. Instead of being slowed, he was productive with Prinya around. He started to drift to sleep.

In the morning.

Prinya
: Rise and shine!!

Why: (woke up to Prinya staring at him) What? (mumble) Why are you waking me up so early?

Prinya: I have to go to practice . But, I wanted to wake you up and make sure you start studying bright and early. (smile; starts walking out the door)

Why got up and went to wash up. At least he knew where she was going. The down side is that she’ll be near Wi. And, she seems too perky and not even a bit jealous of him with Lamb. He is more jealous of her than she is of him.

At practice Prinya tells the band she is looking for a side job so that she can bring her friend to visit her.

Kong
: You need to work to bring your friend over to visit you? Don’t your family have money?

Prinya: Supposedly. But, I’ve been cut from receiving money at the moment.

Tum: Oh.

Dome: Hey, isn’t that Kong’s mom has an opening at her fast food place?

Kong: Yeah. I forgot all about that. She does. I can ask her if you can work there.

Prinya: Sweet.

Wiwat: Hang on though. If you work, how are you going to practice?

Prinya: Well, I was thinking my friend can replace me.

Dome: Already? We thought you’d go further with us. Especially with that connection to Ocean. How can we make it without you?

Prinya: I already told you all that I don’t plan on making it big. But, I also guaranteed to you all that my friend is way better than me. She wants to make it big.

Tum: How do you know that she will be committed to this band?

Prinya: Okay. Do you guys like me?

Everyone: Yeah. You’re the best! That’s why we let you in the band.

Prinya: Well, my friend is exactly like me. Our voice is a bit different, but she’s awesome. Ocean will sign her in as well.

Wiwat: How do you know? They contacted us only because you sang.

Prinya: It’s not just the singing. It’s all of you. Your music is awesome.

Tum: Okay. We’ll give her a try. But, she needs to try out too.

Prinya: I’m sure she will help you guys succeed more than I can. Let’s go ask Mrs. Wornracha if I can start working.

Kong: Alright let’s go now. We don’t have new songs to practice anyways.

Dome: Yeah. Let’s go ahead and change our schedules until Prinya’s friend comes. I think that we all worked hard to deserve some break.

Wiwat: (hesitate) Fine. Only because you are our friend. (really like Prinya).

Mrs. Wornracha: I do need someone to help out at the restaurant. How soon can you start?

Prinya: (look at everyone) Whenever my band agree I can have time off.

Wiwat: She can start tomorrow.

Everyone: (look at Wiwat) Really? Great!!

Prinya: (smile) I get off of school late on Mondays, what time does your restaurant close?

Mrs. Wornracha: How about you all give me your school schedules and we can sit and figure out all of this together.

Everyone: Okay.

After an hour the band agreed that They will practice every morning for an hour on the weekdays and then they will meet only on Sundays for a full day. This way, Prinya can work on her early days and day off and even on Saturday.

On Wednesday, Kong wore his red plaid shirt and rode his motorcycle in front of the school building. He had the day off and decided to personally pick up Prinya on her first day of work. She got on the motorcycle and they drove off.

Meanwhile, Why had followed Prinya to the gates. He quickly got a taxi and followed her. He found out the location of the restaurant and laughed at her uniform. He went back for his other classes.

That night Prinya returned from work.

Why
: (look at Prinya and starts laughing) Your outfit is hilarious!

Prinya: (laugh) I know, right? But, it’s a job and I love it.

Why: How come you just don’t work for us?

Prinya: Because then I would feel like I owe you something.

Why: Oh. Hey, do you work tomorrow too?

Prinya: Yeah. Why?

Why: I was thinking, I want to go test out the food there.

Prinya: Are you serious?

Why: Yep (smirk) I want to see if you can cook (wink)

Prinya: But, I’m not the cook.b

Why: What do you do then?

Prinya: I’m just the server.

Why: And you have to be nice to the customers?

Prinya: Pretty much.

The next day Why goes to the restaurant and steps inside.

Why
: Fried chicken. Here I come. (smile)

Prinya: (turns around after picking up an order; stops frozen) Woah. You’re here.

Why: Yep. (smile; look around) Do I just sit wherever?

Prinya: Yeah. Just find a seat. I’ll be right there after I drop off this order.

Why: Okay. (walk to go sit in a booth.)

Prinya walks back over to Why.

Prinya
: So, what would you like?

Why: I was thinking about how you said that you had to be nice to the customers. So, I was thinking…

Prinya: (suspicious) Thinking…what?

Why: Can you make a suggestion?

Prinya: Well, the fried chicken is the specialty here, but we can serve you anything from burgers to fries or even salad.

Why: I see. Can I order one of everything on this list?

Prinya: (shocked) Really? Why? Are you going to finish all of that?

Why: I just want to try everything.

Prinya: But, that will be a waste of food!

Why: If I can make use of all this food, can I ask you to do a favor?

Prinya: (thinking Why is crazy) What favor?

Why: Will you do it? Promise me you will.

Prinya: (worried) As long as it doesn’t involve anything provocative.

Why: Say you promise.

Prinya: Okay. Promise.

Why: Alright. If all this food gets eaten, you have to do the “Burning Chicken Dance”

Prinya: What? That is so high school!

Why: Well, you already promised.

Prinya: Fine.

After Why got all the food, he started to go out on the streets and asked if anyone wanted some free food. Several people started to pile in. Wiwat had just arrived after parking his car nearby. He went in to see what all the commotion was about.

Wiwat
: Hey Prinya, what’s all this?

Prinya: Why bought all this food and has all these people eating for free.

Why: (glances and sees that Wi was there; walk up to Wi) You want some Wi?

Wiwat: Nope. What are you doing here anyways? I heard you only eat at 5 star restaurants.

Why: When did you hear that?

Wiwat: (about to explain) When…

Why: (Walk up to Prinya and whispers) Now, I will announce and you dance.

Prinya: (look angry; slightly embarrassed) Fine.

Wiwat: (look at Prinya) What did he say?

Why: (look around) Alright everybody (clasp hands together). We have a special performance for everyone here. Thanks for finishing all the food! Here is Prinya!

Everyone claps.

Prinya
: (look around; decide to go for it; thinks) No way will I give up and look foolish to him. (starts to dance) Roast chicken is burning, roast chicken is burning. Butt to the left…

Everyone starts cracking up. Even Wiwat was laughing. Why walks to the towards the window and stares at everyone else’s reaction.

Why
: (thinking) Wow, she actually did it. She looks cute. (starts laughing)

Everyone started to clear out and Prinya started to pick up all the garbage. Why sat back down at his booth and calls Prinya over.

Wiwat offers to pick up the rest of the garbage as she tends to her customer.

Prinya
: (smiles even though she is still embarrassed) What else would you like?

Why: Since I didn’t eat any of that myself. I would like to order fried chicken and a Mountain Dew.

Prinya: (still smiling) Alright sir.

Wiwat looks over thinking that Why must really like Prinya because the first day of the term, he stood up for her. Now he’s here ordering everything. He wondered how he knew she worked here.

Then Why got up from his seat and walks towards the restroom. Prinya was coming out of the kitchen and they bump into each other.

Prinya
: Sorry (not looking up yet)

Why: It’s alright.

Prinya: (recognize the voice; eyes wide) Oh. It’s you.

Why pulls Prinya around the corner towards the restroom.

Why: I want to know. Why is Wiwat here?

Prinya: I don’t know. He probably just wanted to come and order dinner or something.

Why: Then why is he helping you pick up garbage and not ordering?

Wiwat wanted to know if Why and Prinya have something going on. If they didn’t, he wants to pursue her. He got up to walk towards the restroom.

Prinya
: I have no idea. He’s a friend. He’s just helping out I guess. Not like you.

Why: What’s wrong with me? I ordered food and helped you out at work.

Prinya: More like you helped me get exhausted.

Why: You wanted to work here in the first place. I told you I could’ve just given you money.

Wiwat had just stopped short of hearing Why’s last statement. He leaned against the wall and listened to the rest of the conversation.

Wiwat
: (thinking) Why giving Prinya money? What is their relationship exactly?

Prinya: Why are you so anal about Wiwat being here anyways?

Why: Because…because (hesitating). Because I don’t want rumors to spread.

Prinya: So what if they spread? You already told me you didn’t care the other day. How is me hanging out with Wiwat going to spread rumors anyways?

Why: Don’t you get it? People are going to say you’re having an affair!

Wiwat: (still thinking) Affair?

Prinya: So what? It’s not like we both wanted this relationship since the beginning.

Why: Yes. I didn’t want any of this. But right now you’re…you’re my…

Prinya: (cut in) What? It’s not real!

Why: (starts getting louder) It is real! It’s legal! It’s real if I start doing this (moves closer to Prinya. (Grabs her arms and pushes her towards the wall opposite of him. He moves his hands to grab hold of her wrists and moved his mouth towards her lips.)

Wiwat peeks around the corner to see the commotion.

Prinya
: (struggling to get free from Why’s grasp) Stop. Stop it. (starts to feel weak in the knees after a couple seconds. He is her husband. Their marriage is legal.)

Wiwat: Hey! (Thinks Why is harassing Prinya. Runs towards the couple, grabs Why’s shoulders and pulls him off Prinya. Puts his right hand in a fist and “kapow!” Punches Why in the left cheek)

Wiwat: That’s for harassing someone telling you to stop and not stopping. Be a man!

Prinya was shocked at all that happened. She leaned down and starts helping Why up. She was worried.

Prinya: (look up at Wiwat) Why did you do that? His face might be broken. And you’d get in so much trouble.

Wiwat: I was only trying to protect you!

Why: (feeling pain in his face, but still want to argue) Protect her from what? Her husband?

Wiwat: (shocked) What do you mean?

Why: I’m her husband! Hear it? So stop flirting with another man’s wife!

Wiwat: (look at Prinya) Is this true?

Prinya: (saddened and guilty of not telling the band the truth; speaking in low, quiet tone) Yes.

Wiwat turns around and starts to walk off.

Prinya
: (calls after Wiwat) Wait! Let me explain!

Prinya was still worried about Why’s face so she didn’t chance after Wiwat. She helped him to a table and the other employees came out to help. They placed ice on Why’s cheeks and Prinya told Why to go get his face checked.

Why
: (look at Prinya) No. It’s not broken.

Prinya: How do you know? You’re not a doctor.

Why: I think that I am fine. For one, I’m talking. If it were broken I’d think I’d be unable to talk.

Prinya’s work hour was over and so she offered to drive Why home. They walked over to Why’s car down the street. Inside the car.

Why
: Hey.

Prinya: What?

Why: I’m sorry about earlier.

Prinya: (turn to look at Why) No need.

Why: You seem to forgive me so easily. Why can’t you just make me feel less guilty by getting mad at me or something?

Prinya: What do you mean? (starts to insert the key)

Prinya shifts the gear to drive and the car goes, “screech” and Prinya presses the brakes.

Why: (shocked) Woah. What was that? You know how to drive right?

Prinya: (shyly look over at Why. Embarassed) Well, I do drive. I got my license. But (pause a bit) I haven’t driven a car since I got my license.

Why: Seriously? Let’s switch.

Prinya: No, no. Let me drive. I want to practice. (Shyly smile; get’s going)

After 10 minutes

Why
: Well, at least the rest of the ride was okay. You should ask your driver to let you practice more.

In bed that night Prinya was thinking about what happened earlier. Why had kissed her. But, it might be because he just wanted to harass her. He did ditch her first concert to be Lamb last Friday.

Prinya: (thinking) We didn’t get married because of love anyways. So, he doesn’t love me. So I can’t be jealous of him.

Mituna is sticking ideas in my head. Jeez. I’m not in love am I? (switches topic) Oh my god. What am I to do with Wiwat? He tried to help me today, but all he found out were secrets that I’ve kept from him and the band. They must be really mad at me.

In economics class the next day some club officers came into the classroom to recruit more members. Then Prinya heard a familiar voice. It was Wiwat. He was standing on the back wall. He stared over at Prinya.

Wiwat
: Our band is looking for a new member. It could be male or female. Tryouts tomorrow.

Prinya gazes at Wiwat almost tearing. She turns back to look at the front with a sad face. Then Wiwat walks off. Prinya turns back around, but Wiwat was already gone.

Prinya decides that she has to face Wiwat and decides to bake cookies to bring to Kong’s house for their practice at Kong’s house. She had to tell him the truth. She had seen Dome earlier in the day, but he never mentioned anything about Why. It seemed Wiwat is the only one mad at her. The website never had postings of a tryout either. Her picture even appeared on the website as the lead singer.

At Kong’s house, Prinya entered. She was the first one there. Kong had to run some errands for his mom. She went to sit in the dining room. She heard Wiwat call Kong’s name. She stood over to rush over down the hall towards the basement’s entrance. Both looked at each other silently.

Prinya: (started to speak up) I’m sorry. I should have told you all the truth when we first met. It was just…Well, Why and I got married because our parents wanted us to. My parents weren’t going to pay for me to go to school. The only way to get to come to our school was to get married. I don’t know his reasons for agreeing to the marriage. But, I know that we made a contract to not let anyone know we are married. Especially at school. And…

Wiwat: Do you love him now?

Prinya: What do you mean?

Wiwat: If you love him then tell me now.

Prinya: (hesitate) I can’t say right now. I didn’t love him at the beginning. But…

Wiwat: You love him now?

Prinya: I love him because he’s my family. But if you’re asking if it is in that kind of way, I’m not sure myself. I’ve never dated anyone in the past to know if what I feel towards Why is love or not.

Wiwat: I didn’t tell anyone about you yet because I thought I should give you a chance to tell them yourself.

Prinya: Thanks. Are you able to forgive me for not telling you from the beginning?

Wiwat: I don’t know. I thought we were friends.

Prinya: I made you cookies.

Wiwat: No thanks. I don’t like them.

Prinya: Fine then. I put so much effort in this. You know, I really do like all of you and I really do want to remain friends. I’m really sorry about everything. If you can’t forgive me, it wouldn’t be fine because I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. (starts to walk off towards the dining room to place the cookies on the table there.)

Wiwat: (knew he would do the same thing in her situation) Wait. I’m sorry.

Prinya: (still looking away from Wiwat) Sorry for what? I’m the guilty one.

Wiwat: I’m sorry for making you feel guilty. I’m sorry I lied about not liking cookies. I forgive you.

Prinya: (put a smile on her face; turns around raises her right arm and wiggles her fingers while sticking her tongue out at Wiwat) That’s for putting me through a guilt trip. (smiles; walks to set the cookies down). If you want the cookies, get them yourself. I’m going to go tell everyone else the truth.

----------------------
Sneak Peek @ Ch. 18!!
Wiwat: (thinking) That would be embarrassing to confess my love towards a married woman. Phew. I didn’t go through with it. But I can’t believe she’s already taken.

Downstairs in the basement

Prinya: Ahem. I have to tell you all something important.

All: What is is? (curious)

=-=-=-=-=-​

Tate: Why, when is Mituna coming? Can I go pick her up with you?

Why: Why do you care?

Tate: Because…I just want to see her.

Why: I don’t think you should be fooling around with her. Prinya will be kicking your ass.

=-=-=-=-=-​

Prinya: Sorry. I wanted to look for someone to teach me dance.

Wiwat: Oh.

Prinya: There’s a dance contest I want to enter.

Wiwat: I see.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
So much happened in this chapter: Why kissed Prinya, Wiwat found about their marriage, Lamb is like a obsessed lady..
I think Wiwat is cute, in his own way :)

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Chapter EIGHTEEN

Wiwat couldn’t stay mad at Prinya. She showed so much effort in the band. The band never asked specifically about her family life. She just didn’t tell them about her situation. Plus, how can he stay mad at the woman he had fallen for? They would remain friends. At least he never told her how he really felt.

Wiwat
: (thinking) That would be embarrassing to confess my love towards a married woman. Phew. I didn’t go through with it. But I can’t believe she’s already taken.

Downstairs in the basement

Prinya
: Ahem. I have to tell you all something important.

All: What is is? (curious)

Prinya: I have been hiding things from you guys.

Kong: What do you mean?

Dome: Yeah, what do you mean?

Prinya: Well, I’ve been hiding the fact that I have a relationship with Why.

Dome: (spit out water as he was taking a sip) What?

Prinya: You know all the news about Why Anajak Mahasamoot being married? Well, I am the person he married.

All: (shock) Serious, no way!

Wiwat: (walking down with cookies) Yep, she’s married. (acting cool)

Tum: So all those phone calls you were getting was from him? And that business card, the owner was actually your father in law?

Prinya: Yes. He is my father in law.

Tum: How can we face him now? Do we want to be known as a band that got started because of connections?

Kong: Yeah, and here we thought we were getting a chance because we were talented.

Prinya: But you guys are! I never even talked to them about a band. I didn’t even tell them until that week that I had a gig. I just told them I was performing with friends at the coffee shop.

Dome: Do you even love Why? I never see you guys together at school.

Prinya: (laughs) Husband and wife don’t always have to be together. We decided to not let people know because then people would get in my face. I just barely moved here you know? I don’t want to be bothered with nonsense.

Prinya: Can you guys not let anyone else know? I know I didn’t tell you all about this before and I don’t deserve to be treated nicely, but...

Dome: No worries Prinya. We like you for you. We didn’t care about your personal life and now that you’re telling us, it is cool to us.

Tum: Yeah. Anything for our power vocal.

Prinya: Thanks. But, I’m bringing you all a new power vocal to take my place. She’s coming next week.

One Week later

Tate
: Why, when is Mituna coming? Can I go pick her up with you?

Why: Why do you care?

Tate: Because…I just want to see her.

Why: I don’t think you should be fooling around with her. Prinya will be kicking your ass.

Tate: I haven’t seen Prinya since we came back. So, I am not afraid. I heard she went to the studio a couple weeks ago. How was that?

Why: It was fine.

Tate: So can I go pick Mituna up with you?

Why: I’m not picking her up. Prinya is going with the driver.

Tate: C’mon man. Why don’t you pick up your wife’s best friend with her.

Why: Seriously. I have other things to do.

Tate: Volunteer to pick her up with Prinya. That way she will think you’re a great husband (wink)

Why: (thought about it for a second) Fine. I’ll ask Prinya.

Tate: Yes! And I’m tagging along. What time?

Why: She’s coming in the morning.

Tate: See you at your house.

Later that night

Prinya
: Hey tomorrow the driver is gonna take me to the bus station. Then me and Mituna are going straight to band practice so I can introduce her.

Why: How about I take you to go get her and drop you both off?

Prinya: (look at Why confused) Did I hear correctly?

Why: (look away) Yeah. What’s a good husband for?

Prinya: (smile) Thanks.

Why: (look back at Prinya who is now looking away shyly) No problem.

In the morning Tate drove over and Prinya was shocked to see him.

Prinya
: What are you doing here?

Tate: Oh, didn’t Why tell you? I’m going with you guys to get Mituna.

Prinya: Oh I see. (walk closer to Tate; whispers) You like my friend don’t you?

Tate: (whisper back) Of course.

Why came down and sees Tate whispering. He walks towards them and grabs Prinya’s arm and pulls her towards him and wraps his arms around her.

Tate
: (winks) Don’t let him know.

Prinya: (smiles back) I won’t.

Why is suspicious. Prinya realizes Why has his arms around her and takes her right hand to peel off his hold from her shoulders. She walks to the car door and Tate opens the passenger seat for her. Why is even more jealous. He walks to the driver seat and gets in.

They arrive at the bus station and Prinya everyone looked around for when the bus would get here. Then a call came in.

Mituna
: Hey, I’m at the pay phone. Where are you? The bus got here early.

Prinya: Oh, well I’ll go find you.

Tate: No. I’ll go since I know where the pay phone is. (put's hands together to beg)

Prinya: Alright. Thanks (to Tate). (To Mituna) Hey Tate is going to find you.

Mituna: (before finishing; Prinya hangs up) Wait.

Tate wandered around. There were two pay phone stations at the bus facility. He decided to go towards the closest one to the bus stops. On his way there, he got stopped suddenly. It was fans who wanted to enter the new contest that Ocean was putting on and wanted him to be their manager. He quickly told them he was busy and that they should try to contact him through the office number. He ran off.

Finally he spotted Mituna and called out her name.

Mituna
: (look up at Tate) Hello. It's you. (after Tate ran up to her)

Tate: (smile) Hi. You look beautiful today.

Mituna: (still angry about the comment she heard months earlier) Thanks. Let’s go.

Tate: (look at Mituna from behind as she walks off) Wait. Do you know where you’re going?

Mituna: (stop) Oh. Yeah. Nope. Lead the way.

Tate: How about we walk side by side?

Mituna: (Hesitate) Fine.

They get in the car. This time, Tate opens the door for both Prinya and Mituna to get in the back. Why stayed in the car while Tate and Prinya were out looking for Mituna. He didn’t even notice that Prinya didn’t go along with Tate to find Mituna. He was too busy thinking about what he saw earlier and was frustrated by it.

Tate
: (realizing they’re not heading home) Hey, Why. Are you crazy? Are we not going home?

Why: Oh. I’m dropping them off at practice.

Tate: What practice?

Prinya: (jump in) Band practice. Mituna is trying out for the band that I used to be in.

Mituna: Yep. I can’t wait.

Tate: You were in a band Prinya? Wow. Mituna why do you have to try out? I heard you sing already and you can just take me on as manager and I can bring you into the company.

Mituna: I don’t wish to get in the easy way. (thinking) Especially with you as my manager.

Tate: Easy way? Most people get in by managers and producers hearing them sing. They get scouted. And I just scouted you.

Prinya: If you scouted her, how come you didn’t contact her since you first heard her sing?

Tate: I asked Why for info. But he never gave it to me.

Why: I didn’t think it was my business. How should I know her number anyways?

Mituna: Why is right. I wouldn’t want a call from Tate anyways.

The girls got out to head to Kong’s house.

Tate
: (stopped them before they ran into the basement) Hey. Can we watch you try out?

Prinya: That would be awesome Mituna. This way you can practice singing in front of an audience.

Mituna: You know that I’m able to sing in front of the audience.

Prinya: True. (knows Tate likes Mituna) But, let’s just let them stay.

Mituna: Fine.

They head inside and all the members were all on time and waiting patiently for their new member. Prinya had told them that she had already started to practice some songs so it wouldn’t be hard for her to take Prinya’s place. Prinya had told Wiwat she wants to try other activities at school too. That’s why Wiwat okayed the switch so easily.

As Mituna stepped in and walked to greet Wiwat, Tum looked up from his guitar. Mituna had long dark hair. She was not what he had expected. He didn’t realize a woman can be so beautiful. She looked like a Chinese doll. Her eyes glistened as she talked and her smile was so beautiful. Mituna came up to Tum and reached her hand out for a shake. Tum stood up and smiled.

Mituna
: Hello. It is nice to meet you. I hope we can become good friends and band mates.

Tum couldn’t recall what just came out of Mituna’s mouth. Tate stood and folded his arms as he noticed that Tum had fallen for his girl.

Mituna
: Hello? Are you going to shake my hand?

Tum: (snapped out of it) Oh. Sorry. I was so mesmerized by your beauty.

Everyone started laughing.

Kong
: We didn’t know you had that in you Tum.

Tum: I’m serious. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever met. (smile)

Mituna: (smile) That is such a nice compliment. You are a handsome guy as well.

Tum: (blush) I hope you can win our leader’s heart with your singing voice. No matter how you sound, I will be on your side.

Wiwat: Cut out the cheesiness Tum.

Dome: We apologize everyone. Tum is the quiet one in the group, but when he sees a girl he likes, he acts like a fool.

Prinya: Haha.

Mituna: No worries. I am hard to get anyways (just as blunt as her friend).

Tate: Hey. I’m going to fight for you.

Why: I thought you didn’t like her?

Tate: I do. I have to be honest now that this guy who just met her is making moves on my woman.

Mituna: I’m not your woman Tate. I find Tum quite attractive (making Tate jealous).

Tum: (blush) Hey dude. I just met you. You don’t have to be so defensive. Sorry if she’s your girlfriend. I’m just being honest.

Mituna: (look at Tum) He’s not my boyfriend. He’s just a player.

Tum: Oh. I see.

Tate: (getting angry) How about we battle it out to see who gets the girl.

Tum: I don’t want to battle for a girl. Let her choose on her own.

Tate: No. This is how I settle things. I’ll let you choose the competition.

Tum: I don’t want to choose.

Tate: Then let’s have Mituna write down activities and have Prinya draw it out.

Mituna: That’s kind of childish.

Tate: I don’t care if you think it is childish. It’s better than me beating this guy up.

Mituna: You’d lose anyways. He’s bigger built than you.

Tate: Well, you haven’t seen me in action. I don’t know why you aren’t like the way you were the first day we met. You changed right before we left. Now you’re acting all nice to this guy and pretty soon you’d be acting like this with him too. Just let me deal the way I deal.

Mituna: Jeez fine. I am only nice to those who I like.

Tate: You don’t like me? Why?

Mituna: I don’t have to let you know my reasons.

Tate: How about if I win the battle, you have to let me know your reasons for treating me like this. And you, (to Tum) if I win, you leave Mituna alone.

Tum: But, she’ll be my band mate.

Tate: You can only be friends.

Tum: I can’t guarantee anything if Mituna likes me on her own. A competition isn’t going to do anything.

Tate: It will once I get a chance to find out why she’s acting the way she is.

Tum: Fine, we’ll have the battle. When? What is it?

Tate: Okay. Write it out.

Mituna: Fine.

They draw out a competition and it is a break dance battle. Both guys smiled at the competition. They both knew how to break dance and thought they had the benefit of winning. Both pretended like they didn’t know how to dance. They agreed to meet next week and battle it out at the school’s gym since Tum had classes.

Mituna tries out for the band. Her voice was actually really similar to Prinya’s voice. The band members were amazed at how much they sound alike.

Kong
: Wow Mituna. You sound exactly like Prinya.

Why: Really?

Dome: Yeah man. Can’t believe you missed out on your wife’s performance. She was hella good.

Why: Oh.

Prinya: So is she in?

Wiwat: Yeah. Needs to work a bit on the flow with our music. But otherwise, she sounds just like you.

Prinya smiles and give Wiwat a high five. Then she gives Wiwat a hug and thanks him. Why sees this and made his hands into a fist, but controlled himself because he didn’t want to be known as a jealous husband.

A couple days later Prinya finds a poster and it is a dancing contest. She always wanted to try dancing, but now she had to find someone to teach her. She decided to go to the gym to see if people danced for fun. She heard music playing and peeked through one of the smaller gym’s door. There she saw someone wearing a hat dancing to hip hop. She peered in closer and gasped. It was Wiwat.

She accidentally dropped her book and Wiwat stopped and looked up. He smiled at Prinya.

Prinya
: Sorry. I wanted to look for someone to teach me dance.

Wiwat: Oh.

Prinya: There’s a dance contest I want to enter.

Prinya: OMG. You are so good! Can you be my teacher?

Wiwat: (look at Prinya) Well…

Prinya: I didn’t know you like hip hop. I didn’t know you danced.

Wiwat: Yeah. I danced before I entered a band. I even played baseball before.

Prinya: Oh. Wow. You need to tell me more about yourself. (Pout) I know you guys don’t like to know about personal stuff, but I’m a girl. Girls like to know things.

Wiwat: (laugh) Yeah. I figured. (look at Prinya) You’re the only girl I really told anything to. I played baseball back in high school, but my girlfriend then went behind my back and dated the team captain. So, I never tried getting close to woman.

Prinya: I see. I’m glad I can be someone you tell things to.

Wiwat: I’m glad to. I guess I can teach you. You want to start today? I have free time right now.

Prinya: Sweet! I’m off now too.

The two started to practice and choreography was getting made up half way. Why had heard from Dome that Prinya told him she was going to go to the gym to scout a dance teacher because she was going to join a talent show or something.

Why headed to the gym to spy and see if his wife was there. To his surprise, Prinya was dancing. He looked for a couple seconds and then realized the person dancing next to her was Wi. The two then stopped for a bit.

Prinya
: Hey, you want to enter this competition together?

Wiwat: I don’t know.

Prinya: Come on. It will be fun. Plus we can see each other more often now that I’m not in the band.

Wiwat: (wanting an opportunity to see Prinya more) Okay. Let’s do it.

They high five each other and starts to get up to dance some more. Wiwat told Prinya now that they are partners, the choreography will change a little bit.

As Prinya was taking a step, she accidentally stepped on her pants and slipped. Wiwat turned right on time and caught her. He slowly lowered her to the ground with Prinya still in his arms. The two stared at each other. Wiwat started to lower his lips towards Prinya’s.

Why saw the whole thing.

-----------
Sneak Peek!! Ch. 19!
Why couldn’t stand it. His wife was cheating on him!
----------​

The two went and sat at the bar counter.

Tate: This is weird. Usually you wouldn’t be caught here on a school night.

Why: It’s that obvious?

Tate: You’re fighting with your dearest wife? (laugh; then sees Why is serious still)

Why: No, we didn’t fight. It’s just. I saw her leaning in to kiss another man.

tastesweetlove

sarNie Granny
Tate and Tum are hilarious... ooooo a break dance competition :D
gasp more misunderstanding! Why thinks they kiss.
poor Wiwat, he must hide his feeling for Prinya since she's a married woman.