Donating Blood

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Has any of you sarnies donated blood before? There is a blood drive coming this Friday and I'm thinking of donating... How does it feel like? Lol.. the reason why I want to donate is because I want to know my blood type ^_^... and to help those in need.... ^_^... So i was just curious... And by the way if a sibling has this type of blood, would that mean you'll have the same as well? Because last year my sis donated blood and she was feeling so weak.. and later on they kept calling her for donation.. She has B+ or - I forgot... would that mean I'll have that as well?

judyp

sarNie Adult
i've never donated blood nor have i tried to because they'll probably reject my anemic ass. lol. but yeah, once you've donated, they will continue to call you for more donations. your blood type will depend on your parent's blood type and is not always the same as your siblings.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
i've never donated blood nor have i tried to because they'll probably reject my anemic ass. lol. but yeah, once you've donated, they will continue to call you for more donations. your blood type will depend on your parent's blood type and is not always the same as your siblings.

^^girl.. I'm anemic too, so they will probably reject my ass too. However, a long time ago, I did donate blood, for myself. I was going to have a huge surgery, so they made me donate my own blood to me. I did feel very weak and light headed after that. And yes, the bloodtype is true for the parents and not so much the siblings.

goinkrazy

sarNie Hatchling
hey hey!!! im happy that ur thinking of donating blood, good for u!!!
well first off, yea, u might not have the same blood type as ur sis, as as for the fainting and feeling weak, i really depends on the person....
they usually recommend that u drink lots of water the night before and eat a meal before u go in for ur donation, so make sure to eat!!! lol!

the first thing they would do is test ur blood to make sure that there's enough blood count so that u wont get anemic... so if u havent ate, or ur on ur period or somthg, ur lil blood sample wont pass and they'll tell u to go home

if ur okay to donate on the other hand, if ur not scared of needles, its really not bad! lol! its quite a big needle and i dont find that it hurts while its in my harm, but then again it could be different for everyone... i just get restless after sitting for so long not doing anything (cuz u cant really move much either, or else ud shift the needle). where i go to donate blood, the nurses are always checking up on me and tell make sure u rest for 5-10 mins after so that ur body can produce more blood before they let u go.. and where i go, they provide snacks like cookies right before i leave.

depending on the person, ur arm may be sore after so they recommend u dont do any heavy lifting, but once again, im usually okay, but its different with everyone!

i hope this helps!!! and please dont be afraid and donate.. blood is greatly needed!! take care and let us kno how it goes!

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I donated twice and I never faint or was weak to it, lol. For me, it felt nothing so I don't think I'm being helpful for you. XD;

anan

sarNie Adult
That's a very good action, hence u can help & save other's ppl. life.
I give my blood each time they are around :rolleyes: .

It doesn't hurt at all(if not just a little-tiny bit), if u are afraid of the needle, simply don't look at it...
they will give you a little ball to squeeze lol... which will help your blood being sucked slowwly... (think of the movie Twilight :drool: lol, imagine your blood being sucked by Edward Cullen on ur arm...).

Once finished they will give you free drinks, biscuits, foods etc... Don't do exercise after, simply try to relax... you will recover within few days normally... there nothing to be afraid of. ^_^

fun

Expired Sarnie
LOL I donated blood numberous of time and there will also be a blood drive at my school next week. Don't eat any fatty or oily food and drink lots and lots of water and juice. Blood will come out faster that way so you don't have to lay there for minutes. Usually it takes about 6-10 minutes to get a pint. But one time it took me more than 10 minutes. I didn't have much fluid in me and I learnt my lesson. It is actually addicting. I am a big time scardy cat of needles, even though I have done it countless of time, the phobia is still there every time lol... Well it is a good thing that you would be saving some lives! =D

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
I've donated blood once during my senior year & afterwards, I nearly fainted going up the damn stairs! I don't know if I'll donate again... lol. It was a cool experience. I got to say "I donated blood!!" LOL. I still got my red cross blood. Maybe I should donate again. I can make a big difference. :D

Gosh, My parents were pretty pissed at me for donating blood. they were like "why you wanna give your blood to somebody else for!?" Uh... because some people might need it more... durhhh...

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
Ok this is what you have to do the night b 4 and the morning of. Make sure you drink lots of water. Eat something before you donate blood cuz if you don't you might pass out like other ppl. Me and my sis don't have the same blood type cuz my mom and dad have different blood type. She universal doner and I'm AB pos. so if your parent have same blood type your that blood type but if there different then it depends. Hope this helps a little. I hate needles but blood is so in need rite now to help sick people so I donate anyways.

Grudgeprincess

JLR FEVER
awhh go aiko =]

unfortunately i've never weighed enough to give blood. i hope nothing happens to me or someone i love or else i can't save them lmfao. i wonder what blood time i am too

hanjieun30

sarNie OldFart
speaking of blood types, me and my sis have the same blood type... we're both AB+... my mom is A+ and my dad is B+ lol

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
thanks for giving me info ^_^.. hehe.. imma have to prepare myself for it this friday.. hehe.. ^_^.. i wonder if i'll pass those iron test.. etc... <--- one of my friend is like eating lots of beans rite now... im just like??? but oh well.. i'll just see if i make it.. ^_^.. it seems interesting and fun to donate blood.. me.. i'm fond with needles.. so i think i'll be alrite with that...

judyp

sarNie Adult
speaking of blood types, me and my sis have the same blood type... we're both AB+... my mom is A+ and my dad is B+ lol
thats awesome that you're AB, you're the rare ones! lol. i don't even know my blood type. i thought i was O- or + but i remember doing my own test at school and i was something else which i don't even remember.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I DONATED BLOOD AT SCHOOL DURING THE AFTERNOON TODAY ^_^... i had enough iron .. but i have to say my blood pressure/pulse was quite high the first time the lady checked.. it was like 130... she did it again and got 100... <--- this shows that i have to lose weight...

lets see when they inserted the needle.. it didnt hurt.. i just squeeze that rubber thing they gave me every 5 seconds... i remember i came in the van later than some others.. but i left before them.. it took about 3 - 5 mins for me to finish.. i felt fine.. i wasnt dizzy or anithing .. i went outside to get my bakpack because when i was donating blood.. i didnt trust it being outside.. >_<.. so after getting it i went back inside and drank water and rested for awhile... donating ain't bad..

now i just have to wait like for a bout 2 - 3 weeks for them to send me the results..

i came home and told my parents i donated blood today... and they were like.. "why you donate blood.. you need it more.. you're gonna die.. " and im just like.. i wanted to know wat blood type i am.. etc.. and i told my mom that she even signed the paper to let me.. lol.. haha.. sigh.. i wanna donate next year when i'm a senior too.. but iono if my parents are gonna let me lol... but now.. i'm just sleepy a bit... hehe..

*Ice*

sarNie Adult
lol ive got anaemia also :( but i have a good diet any way ... but yeh in thailand most of the high schools have to give blood every once and a while but i wasnt allowed to after my first one as i started to get sick ( not from donating lol ) but i hate needles so bad it didnt hurt it ached after.. but i had some numbing cream because im a big baby :L i just had a meal after it haha but i was fine just tired after

anan

sarNie Adult
Geez, i went to give my blood today, feel so good, i like watching the needle being inserted so perfectly into my vein then the blood getting out slowly...
Sharing my little "TingTong" blood to the ppl. in need. :lol: I don't need to do the iron test though, they said that my previous donation was less than 6month. :p
It's so sad to notice the same thing though: there r more girls who give their blood than guyz.... Shame on us <_< ! (maybe guys are too chicken and don't like needle ?)

Muddie Murda

smile...
I wish I could donate blood. :( I can't because my mom won't let me lol she doesn't have to know. But another reason is because I have really horrible nose bleeds. It gushes out and doesn't clot and when I stuff it up with tissue, blood comes out of my mouth and my eyes. Tee-hee I'm worried that after giving blood, my nose would start bleeding, and then empty out my body HAHA! I don't know if it's possible puahaha. But at least it'd be like I died trying to save someone lol. Just make sure to drag my body back home or to some place that is not near a donor location or my mom would know. LOL