Donnie Yen

asianstyle

sarNie Hatchling
Donnie Yen kicks ass!!! he deserves to be in a lead role more often because his acting skill is absolutely awesome!! :w000t:

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/349/2006/04/25/44@81083.htm

"Dragon, Tiger Gate," a Hong Kong kung fu movie starring Donnie Yen and Nicholas Tse, will be released in Chinese in Asia on July 28 and in North America next March.

Based on and sharing the name of Hong Kong cartoonist Tony Wong's cartoon, the movie follows the story of three young Hong Kong kids who open a kung fu school and compete with foreign counterparts and even fight against an overseas criminal gang in the 1970s.

The shooting of the movie, directed by Wilson YIP Wai-Shun and also starring Shawn Yue, Dong Jie and Li Xiaoran, began in Shanghai last September and finished in February.

It was the second film in which Yen, who was also the choreographer for the movie, has cooperated with Wai-Shun, following "Sha Po Lang."

Yen said the action design was a bit different from his previous works.

"It's a little surrealistic and has a sense of cartoon, but I promise each action of mine is real," he said.

The Weinstein Company, created by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, the brothers who founded the Miramax Films Corp. in 1979, has been the film's distributor in all the English-speaking areas.

Bey Logan, The Weinstein Co.'s new rep in Asia, said in Beijing that he is proud of buying the film.

"There are a lot movies adapted from cartoons in America. I think this is the best one so far. Yen: great star, great action!" he added.

The 10-million-U.S.-dollar movie was invested by the Hong Kong-based Mandarin Films Distribution Co., Ltd, Beijing Polybona Film Distribution Co., Ltd and the Shanghai Film Group.

credit- asianfanatic

tik_aom_luver

sarNie Adult
I love Donnie Yen.. He's so hot... but now he's getting kind of old.. but still looks good!!!! He was one of my absolute favorite chinese fighters... love that leg of his.. so strong... yeah.. I'm looking forward to his new film.. :D

sero

sarNie Egg
he would be perfect for Goku character.. I heard that his name came up, but jackie chan might be in it... still rumor. a dragonball z movie is still rumor..etc.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I don't think the DBZ movie will happen.

Anyway Donnie Yen is the man. One of the coolest Chinese actor. Been a fan of his off and on all these years. The last movie I saw with him in it was SPL. Man this movie was damn sweet. Ultra violent just the way I like it. :lol:

yajvaj

sarNie Adult
hill said:
I grew up watching his movies and I think he is a very good actor. I love his movies. Thanks for making a thread of him.
[post="104889"][/post]​
I MISS SEEING DONNIE YEN! I HAVEN'T WATCH HIS RECENT MOVIE YET BUT I WILL OVER THE SUMMER! BUT I AGREE WITH YOU HILL I GREW UP WATCHING HIS MOVIES, HE'S CUTE ALSO!

xn2004

sarNie Egg
i remember when i was watching his movies when i was a kid. i loved them all and he is even in american films now days. i love his skills and he still looks good for his age.

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
Donnie Yen to Lead in Japanese Classic Remake
may 30, 2006

Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen is set to lead in the Hollywood remake of Japanese classic "The Seven Samurai", alongside George Clooney and Chinese starlet Zhang Ziyi, a film company said.

Yen met with Hollywood heavyweight Harvey Weinstein during Cannes film festival to discuss the remake of the 1954 action film directed by Japanese master Akira Kurosawa.

Weinstein has invited Yen to play one of the seven sword heroes in the film, according to the actor's broking company, Mandarin Films.

A spokeswoman for the company said they did not know more details as it is still at an early stage and it is not clear how much the project will cost.

"The Seven Samurai" tells a story of seven Samurai heroes' who battle with 40 bandits who try to control and constantly attack a small village.

Yen, 43-year-old actor, director and action choreographer, has starred in over 40 films, including "Blade II", "Seven Swords" and Zhang Yimou's "Hero".

credit- asian century

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
donnie message on DTG sountrack

Hi Everyone,

It's been awhile. Things have been extremely busy. Here's an update on what's going on:

I'm working on the post production of Dragon Tiger Gate. Have been in Beijing, working with a famous Australian company and proud to say that all their professional and skilled engineers are Chinese! I believe the future of Chinese film making will be in Beijing!

Couple days ago, there were some rumors about DTG theme song. Yesterday we announced in the Press that the theme song singer would be Soler. Actuality Nicholas Tse and Shawn Yue are all have a talent for music. For the style of DTG and the tactic of promotion, Soler is the one we choose. I will be the director of this Music Video, and I hope that all of you find everything fresh and new in it.

Donnie

http://blog.sina.com.cn/m/zhenzidan
translate at nic-tse forum