Faye Wong and Nic Tse Rekindle Romance Shakes HK-China-Taiwan News

fun

Expired Sarnie
Okay the title to this thread is actually made up by me because every English news portal of Chinese entertainment that I have visited in the past 4 days, seems to be a super hot topic. 

If you don't know much about Faye and Nic, the two dated back in the early 2000s and have an age gap of 11 years. Nic in an earlier interview stated that from all his exes, he loved Faye the most. Well... it's really none of people's business but it's hard to stay hush hush since celebrities trades in their privacy for fame. It sucks. 

I obviously don't care and I was not a shipper of Faye and Nic back then nor am I now but I am happy for the two of them. Future family dinners will just be super duper awkward as Nic's dad, Patrick Tse is dating a 28 year old woman. Not just that, Faye has 2 daughters from different man and is rumor to be pregnant with Nic's child. Just wow. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Some people are really hating on the rekindle romance. Like I said it is no one's business but then again can't help it that they are famous celebrities in Asia. 

People are saying that Nic is neglecting his duties as a father. He's able to spend money to see Faye in Mainland 60 times during the last 3 months... I am not sure if it is 60 times but lets say many times but he does not pay a visit to see his sons in Singapore.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I thought I read 20 times?  I'm just curious how people even get a count?  Like are they stalking Nic to and back to count every trip he's done.. sheesh at what people can do... creepy.

I just hope their love will last.  It must be fate if they're brought back together.  I just wish for the best.

People can diss Nic all they want.. but Cecilia ain't a perfect mother herself.  :yuck: :whatever:

bubbles8

sarNie Adult
Grew up watching but never an avid follower of chinese actor's news, 99% it's so damaging or offscreen they're totally different to the characters that they play esp the characters that you like.

But somehow got the urge to read wong faye's ex husband's letter to her. Shocked that she ever dated Nic (never even watched any of his work, what made him famous again?). Loved Wong Faye's voice, and one of my fav chinese song that i still listen to was sung by her. Only ever saw her in a drama with Leon Lai like 20yrs ago lol. Lust and breakups are so inevitable for celebs, I am so indifferent to it all now, just wish they would think for their kids more, or even better contemplate before having kids!! 

Just noticed everyone aged so much, or have I been out of the chinese et for far too long? *sigh*

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ Time has made us all old LOL.

I still like Nic as an actor but... he just needs new roles.  Sure he's great at action etc.. but it ain't cool when you play like the exact same character over and over again. 

I still like Faye as a singer though... my forever favorite FF8 soundtrack hehe <3

fun

Expired Sarnie
Actually Nic aged pretty well... or it could be that he dresses better and his hair isn't ugly like his hey days lol

Patrick Tse is Nic's father, he was a pretty famous actor too. The only series I watched of him was Handsome Siblings and boy was that a hot mess. 

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
It's been a really long time since I tuned into any Chinese entertainment news. I thought Nic was still married to Cecilia (although I knew they had differences of opinions in how to raise their sons). I remember when Nic dated Faye back then, people were against it, too. I was just surprised Faye was his type, but it's really their business what they want to do with their personal lives. Anyway, perhaps they broke up years ago because of all the pressure. As long they've resolved whatever issue(s) that made them broke up in the first place, I say, be happy.

(And yes, Handsome Siblings was a big mess. What a waste of my time watching it.)