Have you tried to take a Lakorn Break?

Have you ever taken a break from watching lakorns, Kdramas, shows in general?
Thinking of doing it this summer but not sure how I'd survive.

I've been accused of wasting time (watching too much YouTube, Vine or play on IG and Snap) that I was going to give up lakorns for the summer and stay off online for a while.

I guess, I'd hit the gym more or be more organized if I don't watch so many shows. The problem is I can't stop when I start a lakorn so it's either quit or I'll just waste 4-5 hours on watching the shows or surfing the net.

Just curious how much time you spend online too.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Well, I try to watch movie (Korea, Chinese, Lakorn , etc) at work but most of the time I never finish it lol ( work 7 day , 12- 16hr) , clients start coming in & then the days get busy plus I'm not allow to watch anything that not English lol but I do go online w/ my phone but never to watch movie, I chat w/ friends, IG or read . I have time to watch drama only after work ( after 10pm ) , 1 or 2eps , then sleep around 1-2 am, I really don't have the time to watch all that's out there BUT if there a drama I'm hype up about, I would focus only on that & save other for raining day or else I will never get sleep. I spend a good 3 hr online after work but during work ..not much , few minutes there and here thur out the day , like right now Im replying to this post, 10 min , then back to work. Other activities in my life are drinking w/ friend when they visit me at work & flirt w/ boys , basically looking for a man , other than that life ... is boring , well, now I'm working on whiten my skin ( about 2 week ) , excise a little bit ( treadmill at work ) . I did took 5 years break from Internet world ( no lakorn, no social media ect) but that b/c I was living where there no internet .

Well, I try to watch movie (Korea, Chinese, Lakorn , etc) at work but most of the time I never finish it lol ( work 7 day , 12- 16hr) , clients start coming in & then the days get busy plus I'm not allow to watch anything that not English lol but I do go online w/ my phone but never to watch movie, I chat w/ friends, IG or read . I have time to watch drama only after work ( after 10pm ) , 1 or 2eps , then sleep around 1-2 am, I really don't have the time to watch all that's out there BUT if there a drama I'm hype up about, I would focus only on that & save other for raining day or else I will never get sleep. I spend a good 3 hr online after work but during work ..not much , few minutes there and here thur out the day , like right now Im replying to this post, 10 min , then back to work. Other activities in my life are drinking w/ friend when they visit me at work & flirt w/ boys , basically looking for a man , other than that life ... is boring , well, now I'm working on whiten my skin ( about 2 week ) , excise a little bit ( treadmill at work ) . I did took 5 years break from Internet world ( no lakorn, no social media ect) but that b/c I was living where there no internet .
You can watch TV/Shows at work? I can't so I bindged-watch when I have down time. Sometimes, it's during the daytime like now but mostly at night. I sometimes get suck into a lakorn and will end up sleeping at like 3AM. That's when my next day is heeeeellllllll. I say I won't stay up that late but I get watching a show and can't turn it off. So I feel sleepy during the day time.:yawn:

Watching lakorns started out as missing Thailand so I was getting a culture fix (I grew up there and moved to US) but now it's an addiction. hahaha I need to cut this addition. I need to be more productive.

Have you ever not watch any shows for a period of time?

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I took a break from lakorns after Ken and Anne stopped acting together. So from 2010-2012 Then I watched I got kinda active again in 2012-2013 ish because of PCKK, James ji and Punch, kimbarry.

I just recently came back because of Kim and James Ma! Its really hard for me to ship a couple and i'm really picky with lakorns.

For me, taking a break from lakorns is hard because I love watching lakorns, discussing, posting pictures, and spazzing about lakorns. I just feel like my life is so boring without it.

I don't choose to take a break but if there is nothing interesting to watch anymore, I will try to find something else to keep me occupy. Like I tried to watch american tv shows, go out, read romance books, ect. But nothing is like lakorns, so i'm sooo glad to be back.

I can watch Channel 5 and 7 lakorns because I do like some of their lakorns but because Im not the type to just randomly search for a lakorn and watch it, i don't watch much. i also dont know a lot of other channel's actors. I am more familiar with channel 3. If I see that its a good lakorn and people are posting about them a lot, I will try it out to see if I like the lakorn.

I also check if anyone I like have any new lakorns and will check it out, but sometimes I don't like the lakorn.

Overall i do take breaks from lakorns if I cannot find anything interesting to watch. Or nothing gets my attention. But I much prefer to have lakorns in my life.

I dont ever want to cut lakorns out, unless I must! If im really depress about not having a new lakorn to watch, i will go back to watch old lakorns that i've never seen.

I spend too much time on the web watching lakorns, talking about it, gossiping, and spazzing out.

BTW, @sarN I am now watching Talay Fai because of you. Wasn't planning on it but saw your comment and checked out the thread. Mik is soooo handsome.
Mik and Stephany make a good looking couple. Was going to skip because I don't know how this newbie couple would turn out but I am enjoying it so much. So far, pretty good slap/kiss.

Oh, don't chase boys too much. I met bae when I wasn't looking.... 5 years now and we are still happy. He spoils me and gives me my personal time (which I often waste on lakorns! smh. now you know why I have this internal conflict!)
A friend said "We are all animals and men like to hunt. There is no fun for them if you are the one chasing". It's true in my case na. I told him "we are just going to friends and BOOM, he stole my heart". :p

sarN

sarNie Granny
You can watch TV/Shows at work? I can't so I bindged-watch when I have down time. Sometimes, it's during the daytime like now but mostly at night. I sometimes get suck into a lakorn and will end up sleeping at like 3AM. That's when my next day is heeeeellllllll. I say I won't stay up that late but I get watching a show and can't turn it off. So I feel sleepy during the day time.:yawn:

Watching lakorns started out as missing Thailand so I was getting a culture fix (I grew up there and moved to US) but now it's an addiction. hahaha I need to cut this addition. I need to be more productive.

Have you ever not watch any shows for a period of time?
During my school days , I watch on weekends, yes, for long period of time (hrs) but now work took up most of my time , I watch less lakorn now than ever before , I try to watch only revenge, slap/kiss or rscene plotline , there not much of those , so my select are limited to 3 or 5 lakorn a year . I work at a tattoo/vape shop (family own business) , I can watch but not when ppl in the shop b/c the artist play LOUD rap music when they come in, I have to endure it b/c client perfer music while getting tattt , plus I couldn't focus w / all those noise

I took a break from lakorns after Ken and Anne stopped acting together. So from 2010-2012 Then I watched I got kinda active again in 2012-2013 ish because of PCKK, James ji and Punch, kimbarry.

I just recently came back because of Kim and James Ma! Its really hard for me to ship a couple and i'm really picky with lakorns.

For me, taking a break from lakorns is hard because I love watching lakorns, discussing, posting pictures, and spazzing about lakorns. I just feel like my life is so boring without it.

I don't choose to take a break but if there is nothing interesting to watch anymore, I will try to find something else to keep me occupy. Like I tried to watch american tv shows, go out, read romance books, ect. But nothing is like lakorns, so i'm sooo glad to be back.

I can watch Channel 5 and 7 lakorns because I do like some of their lakorns but because Im not the type to just randomly search for a lakorn and watch it, i don't watch much. i also dont know a lot of other channel's actors. I am more familiar with channel 3. If I see that its a good lakorn and people are posting about them a lot, I will try it out to see if I like the lakorn.

I also check if anyone I like have any new lakorns and will check it out, but sometimes I don't like the lakorn.

Overall i do take breaks from lakorns if I cannot find anything interesting to watch. Or nothing gets my attention. But I much prefer to have lakorns in my life.

I dont ever want to cut lakorns out, unless I must! If im really depress about not having a new lakorn to watch, i will go back to watch old lakorns that i've never seen.

I spend too much time on the web watching lakorns, talking about it, gossiping, and spazzing out.

That's what I am afraid of...being bored without lakorns...BUT... I really do spend so much time online watching and spazzing on them. It's just not lakorns but shows in general.
I need to focus on "me" a bit but I wonder cutting out lakorns would be the answer. *sigh*

Last edited:
During my school days , I watch on weekends, yes, for long period of time (hrs) but now work took up most of my time , I watch less lakorn now than ever before , I try to watch only revenge, slap/kiss or rscene plotline , there not much of those , so my select are limited to 3 or 5 lakorn a year . I work at a tattoo/vape shop (family own business) , I can watch but not when ppl in the shop b/c the artist play LOUD rap music when they come in, I have to endure it b/c client perfer music while getting tattt , plus I couldn't focus w / all those noise
I just imagined you watching Rawr or Slap/Kiss in a tatt/vap shop and I can't stop laughing.
It would be like reading corny romance novels out loud in public (like when Ellen was reading 50 shades on her show.) :pancarta::risas3:

sarN

sarNie Granny
BTW, @sarN I am now watching Talay Fai because of you. Wasn't planning on it but saw your comment and checked out the thread. Mik is soooo handsome.
Mik and Stephany make a good looking couple. Was going to skip because I don't know how this newbie couple would turn out but I am enjoying it so much. So far, pretty good slap/kiss.

Oh, don't chase boys too much. I met bae when I wasn't looking.... 5 years now and we are still happy. He spoils me and gives me my personal time (which I often waste on lakorns! smh. now you know why I have this internal conflict!)
A friend said "We are all animals and men like to hunt. There is no fun for them if you are the one chasing". It's true in my case na. I told him "we are just going to friends and BOOM, he stole my heart". :p
HAHA. I'm naughty without trying .

sarN

sarNie Granny
Haha. I believe you. How do you NOT get into trouble in a tatt shop?
Oh' crazy stuff happen in a Tattoo Shop , that's where freak & vampire hang out HAHA . I post my daily activity at the shop on IG. I do watch naught stuff when there no client . My tattoo artist ( 4 of them ) doesn't mind what i watch but i have to turn it offf when a client walk in b/c they want to be "professional" w/o Asian Language being heard in the bg lol. And then they turn up their rap music for the rest of the day . I sell vape at the shop too , lots of talking if the client is new to the product & sometime i flirt around w/ client inside the booth that's getting tatt haha, I get kick out on so many occasion ^^

Jacy

sarNie Hatchling
I stop watch drama during i was transferred to university 2 years ago.... Its kinda hard for me.... Thank god I have those kpop mvs to keep alive during that time.... But now that i'm free theres nothing stop me... I even got addicted to lakorn....

spanky

sarNie OldFart
lakorn started to bore me...I haven't been watching as much as I use to for a loooong time now...maybe 5-10 lakorn a yr?

D~D

sarNie Adult
I watched about mostly 2 lakorn in a year. It can also turn into 3 sometime. It depends on the story.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I used to be so addicted to watching lakorns back in the 90s early 2000 when there are more original lakorns. Now I watches like 4 to 5 per year. I can go without wachting lakorns now since there's not many original ones out there. I've seen almost all so remakes are mostly a pass for me unless I really like the actors, then I'll check it out. I kindda grew out of watching lakorns.

Last edited:

eiza_omar

sarNie Egg
Hi all... Nice knowing you guys and talking about lakorn. :love:

I start following lakorn in 2010 when someone in the forum suggest that if i like slap/kiss drama to try watching Sawan Biang or Jamleuy Ruk. I like those 2 and start following ken, Anne, Aff and Aum. Furthermore, i have a lot of free times because i resign from my job and start helping my hubby at the office. Internet is quite fast and i start downloading lakorn etc. Since I follow Aum, i came accross Kimmy, Mark, Nadech, Yaya, Mint.. So i start searching for their lakorn. I watched most of Kim lakorns accept Suer and the one with Boy. After that i start following Great and Matt...Then I continue my browsing and start following James Ji, James Ma, Mai, Chompo, Tik, Dome, Margie, Janie, Son, Vill, Aom, ToomTam. latest i start following Push and Mike. After the news, I stop following Mike for awhile but when i saw how he is with the son...i start watching his lakorn again. I have 3 portable harddisks full with Lakorn, Korea, Taiwan and Chinese Dramas :)

Wow...know u know how crazy i am with lakorn. But i dont speak the language. Now I am starting to be selective on lakorns and choose only the actor that i really know n like.

I have to stop being crazy since I am working again right now...Can only watch lakorn during lunch break or during weekends. However, I stay up late on Wed and Thurs night to watch KimJa :risas3:

Thanks for the posts. It's great to see how each of us spend time on lakorns. I didn't watch so much after I got bored with NY (still love them but I really am bored with them paring all the time and some of the past a few lakorn story lines are not so good). I step away for a while and I re-discovered P'Weir. (HOLY **** HE IS HOT) I didn't like him with Pancake so I didn't pay attention or watch anything but I watched his old and current lakorns and he is really fun to watch. He is so so hot in motion. His voice is so sexy too. Funny that I never thought about him that way until 2 years ago...so yeah, P'Weir got me stuck in lakorn world again.

I really do feel like I waste so much time and don't focus on being productive. Maybe mommy's words are getting to me. :risas3: Let's see if I'll survive a summer without the lakorns (after KimJa lakorn. lol).

Last edited:

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
I don't think it's too hard to take a break from Lakorns, especially if you are not interested in any that are airing. The Lakorns that I am interested in that are currently filming, they aren't really active, sadly for me. So I kinda just have nothing to spazz about and drift away.

Pooh4ever

sarNie Adult
I don't think you need to take a break from watching lakorn/drama to find your internal "me" time. There's always that dry period where there's nothing to watch and that's the break that you take, unless you're super addictive and watch everything :lol:

I switch back and forth from lakorn to kdrama and sometimes cdrama and if there's really nothing interesting I go back to watching kvariety shows like Running Man and 2 Days and 1 Nights. I always tend to pick one drama and focus on it and do most of my watching time an hour or two before bed because after a stressful day at work or school it's nice to sit down to enjoy a good laugh, spazzing, or some tear-jerking moments. But if there's really nothing to watch at all, I will go back to my books, or my paintings (I'm an artist who has a lot of unfinished artwork to finish) and maybe date time with my girlfriends or spend more time with family.

I don't think it's hard to spend some time away from watching shows, I've traveled for work and for vacation before and once you get adjusted in the new environment you'll completely be absorbed to the idea of adventure and touring your new location, the idea of watching anything will vanish from your subconscious.

My longest break from any show in general is maybe 2 years. I think it was during my junior and senior years of college and I really needed to focus on my study because I need that scholarship money and to graduate on time so I put all my focuses on studying. It was rough :crybaby2:

I don't think it's too hard to take a break from Lakorns, especially if you are not interested in any that are airing. The Lakorns that I am interested in that are currently filming, they aren't really active, sadly for me. So I kinda just have nothing to spazz about and drift away.
I guess I should re-phrase the question. Maybe "take a break from watching shows and spending too much time online?"
I do get bored with lakorns too so I give it a break but then I might be watching a Kdrama or a HBO series, etc. There are so many things to do and "procrastinate".