Help me understand Thai religion

saraokenim

sarNie Hatchling
I have learn little about thai religion first is that male have to ordain before they are 25 or something like that, basically so they can get marry and most important is to show respect to their parents. please correct me if I'm wrong?
But I saw some pics of Opal's husband and he got ordain after being marry and having kids. I was wondering when do they have to ordain or how often do thai male ordain?
Hope anyone can help me clarify this, thank you in advance.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
If there a death in the family , the male can ordain during the funeral to pay respect , it doesn't matter if u married or not . And you can ordain later in life not necessary before 25 & unmarried. Not all male ordain before they get marry too, some doesn't even bother at all but it's best to be ordain some point in your life to pay respect to your elder/parent b/c while you a monk you learn the basic Buddhism teaching, some believe it will make you a better person with great moral & vaule .

saraokenim

sarNie Hatchling
If there a death in the family , the male can ordain during the funeral to pay respect , it doesn't matter if u married or not . And you can ordain later in life not necessary before 25 & unmarried. Not all male ordain before they get marry too, some doesn't even bother at all but it's best to be ordain some point in your life to pay respect to your elder/parent b/c while you a monk you learn the basic Buddhism teaching, some believe it will make you a better person with great moral & vaule .
Thank you for clarifying :)