HMONG ACTORS in GRAN TORINO

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
i'm not angry at all. i was just merely replying back to your post of being severely disappointed in the casting. and your suspicions are wrong. i am not one of those "loyal hmong people" who support my people just because they are hmong and just because it is a movie about hmong people. i am just as skeptical as you are about the movie (but in a different sense), but being that i know what is going on with the shooting i am that much more appreciative about the hard work the hmong actors are putting in. and for your information, they did have a hmong consultant on the shoot but i heard that she did a lot of things wrong and wouldn't listen to a lot of the cast members who knew more about the shaman rituals and other hmong traditions than her...so if the movie comes out with stereotypes, you can blame the consultant. when i heard about what she did, i was severely disappointed because these people went to odd lengths to get a consultant and yet she still managed to screw up her own hmong people's image. you can say that a lot of people are embarrassed for her as a hmong person.

as for sue's character...her character description fits a lot of traditional hmong americans. maybe your experience may be different, but i find it perfectly normal. and then you also have to take into consideration that this screen play was written from a caucasian american point of view so i wouldn't go into the theatre expecting it to be genuinely a hmong movie at heart. not to mention that this is hollywood...there are bound to be stereotypes, not that that is an excuse either but that's the real world. that goes the same for the wardrobe choice...even if the hmong cast wanted to voice their opinion, it is not as simple as it seems and it goes the same for everything else. this is the dirty world of the film industry...because you have so many other people who make the decisions.

also, i honestly don't think you care for this movie to be a genuine portrayal of hmong people seeing that you are so hung up on the image of a hmong johnny depp. get over it. i don't think anyone else cares and if they do, it is because they are a.) just jealous their son or they did not get the part, b.) they are shallow and hung up on the character description of a hmong johnny depp because they want the first hmong people on hollywood screens to look extremely handsome with no talent, c.) everything else not mentioned for and all of the above. ---like i said, get over it! stop being so shallow. there are more important things to worry about than your hmong johnny depp.

do i think that eastwood and his people are genuinely trying to portray hmong people? well, i can't answer that. we'll just have to wait and see the film, not to mention ask the people who were apart of the experience that. i don't mind shelling out the $12 (in nyc) to go see the film. i know how hard they've worked and i support them even if the film bombs. only those who don't open their mind to understand the situation would openly criticize without thinking.

i don't care for hmong people to go watch it just because it has hmong actors or is a movie about hmong people. but if you want to criticize about it, please talk to the cast about their experiences first and watch the movie, then you can at least say something. but i just can't understand or acknowledge opinions from people who have yet to understand the situation.

also, before you make assumptions about people and try to read emotions of people over the net or through my writing, you might want to think again. but just in case you make assumptions again. i am very happy and do not get easily moved by other people :)

kk, thx la~
I know where you're coming from and agree with you. Despite that this is stereotypical and may have numerous errors in the film, please support our fellow hmong actors.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
haezel, thank you for clarifying your real emotions. however, u too have probably underestimate me. my ears and eyes were wide opened with this project. i understand that there were not just one consultant but in fact THREE consultant in the movie. now that must be some kind of "odd lengths" that they went through then right. not just one but THREE! of course they (producers) would prefer ppl who know little about the hmong culture rather than a real true hmong person who has a really big knowledge of the hmong culture inside out. and sadly. those three hmong consultant are probably too sucked up in the world of "omg i'm working with clint eastwood!" to even voice out their opinions.

as for the characters, in the characters descriptions they were giving out false information. tao and his family are supposely "newly immigrants". i have no idea what kind of traditional hmong girl would hopped into a old white man's car. but like you said this is written by a ignorant cauasian man who apparently did not listen to any kind of hmong advice that was given. like i mentioned before, these hmong people are probably to afraid to voice out their opinion to that lengendary giant clint eastwood. of course they will probably be thinking "once in a lifetime opportunity! working with clint eastwood" of course i understand why they all would feel that way. its a dog eat dog world. must suck up ur pride and bow down to whether obstacles standing in your way if you wanna succeed right? understand now why the entertainment world is so dirty now? besides when the hmong community first got news that clint eastwood was gonna cast hmong ppl for his new movie about hmong ppl, everybody went on a crazy rampage like the raging black fever or something. hmong ppl are hardly ever in the spotlight, so when given the chance, of course they are gonna jump at it.

please clarify this, how is this movie "gran torino" a genuine portrayal of hmong people? from reading your post, i gather that you are endlessly very supportive of this movie regardless of its false advertisment, information, just because we got our hmong brothers and sisters portraying the characters. when hollywood already have that hmong johnny depp imprinted into our head, how can we get over it? why couldnt they just say " a simple nice hmong boy" or a "decent quiet hmong boy" why the johnny depp? apparently i did not emphasize my disappointment or you do not understand. when someone or something place a high expectations on you, and you know that it will not be easy to meet those expectations, it is already disappointing to even see ppl place that high of an expectation on you. it is even more disappointing when you failed to meet those expectations. imagine if they were to describe sue's role as that "hmong julia roberts" or "hmong jennifer anistan". and to have them coming out as nothing like that. i guess its heartbreaking to know such high expectations that they placed on us. 1) i am not jealous that i did not get the part either am i jealous that my son did not get the part because i do not have a son. 2) dont give be the BS that you are not shallow yourself. deep down inside of everybody we all got that evil sprout of shallow-ness. hmong people are beautiful. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! there are tons of beautiful hmong girls and tons of gorgeous hmong guys that can represent us. and of course, most of them will not be a professional at acting. i believe that right now at this point, there are very very very few with the polished acting skills. Amelia, the casting associate, even told me that you dont even need or know how to act, just gotta look the part then they will hire you. someone so hardsome could have showed up with extreme talents but if the casting director doesnt feel you then you are out the door. johnny depp could have walked out one of those doors. honesty, i could have casted all their characters for them. i will know exactly who to chose. white ppl dont know anything about us. if i was just worry about the hmong johnny depp, i wouldnt even bother to reply to long essay. before i do worry about many other things wrong about this film, i raise my voice and spoke out. i did mention many flaws to this and like i mention before, i did even call the office of clint eastwood and talk to his personal assistant.

first you talk about how i do not care for this movie to be a genuine portrayal of hmong ppl then contradict yourself by asking yourself do i think that eastwood and his people are genuinely trying to portray hmong people? well, i can't answer that. we'll just have to wait and see the film, not to mention ask the people who were apart of the experience that."
once again, i repeat please do explain how is this a genunine portray of hmong ppl. dont tell me to wait and see the film.
only those who don't open their mind to understand the situation would only foolishly be gullible and suck up to it and believe it.

i too do not care for hmong ppl who goes and watch it because they want to "support". go ahead and watch them rape sue. not the whole nation is gonna think that hmong ppl gangbang and rapes innocent girls. how fascinating. i will definately support that just because real hmong ppl are in it. whenever i get in touch with one of the cast member, i'll let you know about it ok. and when i watch the bootleg version of this movie, i'll even give you a review on it too ok.

"also, before you make assumptions that about people and try to read emotions of people over the net or through my writing, you might want to think again. but just in case you make assumptions again. i am very happy and do not get easily moved by other people"
i hope you practice what you preach. amen. i rest my case.

green_frog

sarNie Egg
It is amazing that when some people get into the limelight, there are many others so ready to push them down.

It seems like plain_jane definitely has an "in" into the process of the film... with so many pictures of the cast. It's as if she is right there as things unfold. We should thank her in letting us see these behind-the-scene shots. But, because she does have this "in" ("With great power, comes great responsibility" Spiderman) she should not assert her own opinions on what qualifies the actors or not. Afterall, someone thought they were good enough and was given the part for whatever qualifying reasons.

The film is one person's vision... not the community's vision. This is the vision that has captured the producers of whatever company that is producing the film and earned their financial backing to make the film. If a "more true" vision is to be made into a film, it would be a documentary, not a film. A film is false... films are for entertainment. At least that is why I watch movies.... The fight to win a "more true" vision has been fought by so many other ethnicities way before this film, and it's not a fight that the little people win. Hollywood is Hollywood. Money talks louder than words there.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
It is amazing that when some people get into the limelight, there are many others so ready to push them down.

It seems like plain_jane definitely has an "in" into the process of the film... with so many pictures of the cast. It's as if she is right there as things unfold. We should thank her in letting us see these behind-the-scene shots. But, because she does have this "in" ("With great power, comes great responsibility" Spiderman) she should not assert her own opinions on what qualifies the actors or not. Afterall, someone thought they were good enough and was given the part for whatever qualifying reasons.

The film is one person's vision... not the community's vision. This is the vision that has captured the producers of whatever company that is producing the film and earned their financial backing to make the film. If a "more true" vision is to be made into a film, it would be a documentary, not a film. A film is false... films are for entertainment. At least that is why I watch movies.... The fight to win a "more true" vision has been fought by so many other ethnicities way before this film, and it's not a fight that the little people win. Hollywood is Hollywood. Money talks louder than words there.
Excuse me, but I am have no associations with this website whatsoever. I'm just trying to help those interested in the film find more information about the film and its cast. And I see no harm in updating this topic for those who were curious as to who got casted. I did not mean for it to start a huge arguement between sarnie members over the cast members and their "supposed" character descriptions. And green_frog, just when did I assert any of my opinions on what qualified the actors or not?

green_frog

sarNie Egg
plain_jane, forgive me. I assumed that you might have been the person who had the pictures to the site on the link that you originally posted (http://eastwoodmovie-hmong.com/?page_id=9). If that wasn't you posting the pictures, then forgive my assumptions that you had an "in" into the filming process. Whomever wrote the comments on the linked page about the actors is where I am directing my comment.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
plain_jane, forgive me. I assumed that you might have been the person who had the pictures to the site on the link that you originally posted (http://eastwoodmovie-hmong.com/?page_id=9). If that wasn't you posting the pictures, then forgive my assumptions that you had an "in" into the filming process. Whomever wrote the comments on the linked page about the actors is where I am directing my comment.
That's alright, we make mistakes.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
who is maintaining this website?
it doesn't seem too professional.
not that it should be super high tech with flash
but...
it seems like something i would put together.
lol.

green_frog

sarNie Egg
nkaujhmooblauj, regardless of how "professional" it is, the person maintaining the site definitely has an "in" on the info... so I am just going to assume that it's either a cast member or someone associated with one of the Hmong casts... Many of the pictures looks like they were taken on the set and it looks as if the pictures are all friendly enough, which leads me to the conclusion that the people in the pictures know the person behind the camera. It's not like a "fan" just walking onto the set and taking pictures. Besides, can a "fan" just walk on the set and take all these pictures? So, my thoughts, it's an inside job.

bumble_bee

sarNie Egg
A.) This film is not to characterized hmong people....its a story to tell about a situation that is happening to a hmong family-- NOT A COMMUNITY OF HMONG PEOPLE! Okay?
B.) The entire world can not look like johnny Depp...okay? Why do we have to characterize ourselves and standardize our level of beauty beind causcasians? If so, if beauty comes before talent...then i feel sorry for you that you didn't get casted. If you are old or young, you could have gotten at least a role in this film.
C.) You should support and nourish the hmong talents and entertainment instead of bashing all the hard work the hmong casts are inputting into this film.
D.) Also you should know that there was only one hmong consultant on the set, working for this film. NOT THREE-- but ONE! And believe me...(I am sure all of the hmong actors/casts have complained and brought the issue to the staff and crews of this film...and it seems that there might have been some inaccurateness, but that would have been up to the hmong consultant.)
E.) The hmong family being portrayed is NOT-- NOT a newly immigrated family from Thailand...we have reasons to believe so because the characters speak clear ENGLISH throughout the movie! "So that-I know engrish! That-I like apple pie!"
F.) Please watch this movie as a piece of art, instead of bashing the hmong culture and hmong artists, PLEASE APPRECIATE and understand it for the langauge and beauty captured by Clint Eastwood.
G.) Your ten dollars does not make a difference, whether you see it or not, it would not EVER matter(And so does your existence), so suck ON A THUMB-- A FAT ONE, BITCH! (DOUCHE)
H.) IT seems you know a lot of shit about this movie-- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AGAIN? If you can't tell us your identity, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I.) I know you are entitled to your opinions, and SO AM I! HEhehehee :)

Good Day MATE!

haezel, thank you for clarifying your real emotions. however, u too have probably underestimate me. my ears and eyes were wide opened with this project. i understand that there were not just one consultant but in fact THREE consultant in the movie. now that must be some kind of "odd lengths" that they went through then right. not just one but THREE! of course they (producers) would prefer ppl who know little about the hmong culture rather than a real true hmong person who has a really big knowledge of the hmong culture inside out. and sadly. those three hmong consultant are probably too sucked up in the world of "omg i'm working with clint eastwood!" to even voice out their opinions.

as for the characters, in the characters descriptions they were giving out false information. tao and his family are supposely "newly immigrants". i have no idea what kind of traditional hmong girl would hopped into a old white man's car. but like you said this is written by a ignorant cauasian man who apparently did not listen to any kind of hmong advice that was given. like i mentioned before, these hmong people are probably to afraid to voice out their opinion to that lengendary giant clint eastwood. of course they will probably be thinking "once in a lifetime opportunity! working with clint eastwood" of course i understand why they all would feel that way. its a dog eat dog world. must suck up ur pride and bow down to whether obstacles standing in your way if you wanna succeed right? understand now why the entertainment world is so dirty now? besides when the hmong community first got news that clint eastwood was gonna cast hmong ppl for his new movie about hmong ppl, everybody went on a crazy rampage like the raging black fever or something. hmong ppl are hardly ever in the spotlight, so when given the chance, of course they are gonna jump at it.

please clarify this, how is this movie "gran torino" a genuine portrayal of hmong people? from reading your post, i gather that you are endlessly very supportive of this movie regardless of its false advertisment, information, just because we got our hmong brothers and sisters portraying the characters. when hollywood already have that hmong johnny depp imprinted into our head, how can we get over it? why couldnt they just say " a simple nice hmong boy" or a "decent quiet hmong boy" why the johnny depp? apparently i did not emphasize my disappointment or you do not understand. when someone or something place a high expectations on you, and you know that it will not be easy to meet those expectations, it is already disappointing to even see ppl place that high of an expectation on you. it is even more disappointing when you failed to meet those expectations. imagine if they were to describe sue's role as that "hmong julia roberts" or "hmong jennifer anistan". and to have them coming out as nothing like that. i guess its heartbreaking to know such high expectations that they placed on us. 1) i am not jealous that i did not get the part either am i jealous that my son did not get the part because i do not have a son. 2) dont give be the BS that you are not shallow yourself. deep down inside of everybody we all got that evil sprout of shallow-ness. hmong people are beautiful. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! there are tons of beautiful hmong girls and tons of gorgeous hmong guys that can represent us. and of course, most of them will not be a professional at acting. i believe that right now at this point, there are very very very few with the polished acting skills. Amelia, the casting associate, even told me that you dont even need or know how to act, just gotta look the part then they will hire you. someone so hardsome could have showed up with extreme talents but if the casting director doesnt feel you then you are out the door. johnny depp could have walked out one of those doors. honesty, i could have casted all their characters for them. i will know exactly who to chose. white ppl dont know anything about us. if i was just worry about the hmong johnny depp, i wouldnt even bother to reply to long essay. before i do worry about many other things wrong about this film, i raise my voice and spoke out. i did mention many flaws to this and like i mention before, i did even call the office of clint eastwood and talk to his personal assistant.

first you talk about how i do not care for this movie to be a genuine portrayal of hmong ppl then contradict yourself by asking yourself do i think that eastwood and his people are genuinely trying to portray hmong people? well, i can't answer that. we'll just have to wait and see the film, not to mention ask the people who were apart of the experience that."
once again, i repeat please do explain how is this a genunine portray of hmong ppl. dont tell me to wait and see the film.
only those who don't open their mind to understand the situation would only foolishly be gullible and suck up to it and believe it.

i too do not care for hmong ppl who goes and watch it because they want to "support". go ahead and watch them rape sue. not the whole nation is gonna think that hmong ppl gangbang and rapes innocent girls. how fascinating. i will definately support that just because real hmong ppl are in it. whenever i get in touch with one of the cast member, i'll let you know about it ok. and when i watch the bootleg version of this movie, i'll even give you a review on it too ok.

"also, before you make assumptions that about people and try to read emotions of people over the net or through my writing, you might want to think again. but just in case you make assumptions again. i am very happy and do not get easily moved by other people"
i hope you practice what you preach. amen. i rest my case.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
A.) This film is not to characterized hmong people....its a story to tell about a situation that is happening to a hmong family-- NOT A COMMUNITY OF HMONG PEOPLE! Okay?
B.) The entire world can not look like johnny Depp...okay? Why do we have to characterize ourselves and standardize our level of beauty beind causcasians? If so, if beauty comes before talent...then i feel sorry for you that you didn't get casted. If you are old or young, you could have gotten at least a role in this film.
C.) You should support and nourish the hmong talents and entertainment instead of bashing all the hard work the hmong casts are inputting into this film.
D.) Also you should know that there was only one hmong consultant on the set, working for this film. NOT THREE-- but ONE! And believe me...(I am sure all of the hmong actors/casts have complained and brought the issue to the staff and crews of this film...and it seems that there might have been some inaccurateness, but that would have been up to the hmong consultant.)
E.) The hmong family being portrayed is NOT-- NOT a newly immigrated family from Thailand...we have reasons to believe so because the characters speak clear ENGLISH throughout the movie! "So that-I know engrish! That-I like apple pie!"
F.) Please watch this movie as a piece of art, instead of bashing the hmong culture and hmong artists, PLEASE APPRECIATE and understand it for the langauge and beauty captured by Clint Eastwood.
G.) Your ten dollars does not make a difference, whether you see it or not, it would not EVER matter(And so does your existence), so suck ON A THUMB-- A FAT ONE, BITCH! (DOUCHE)
H.) IT seems you know a lot of shit about this movie-- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AGAIN? If you can't tell us your identity, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!
I.) I know you are entitled to your opinions, and SO AM I! HEhehehee :)

Good Day MATE!
Ahoy mate! no need to use profanity. sticks and stones does not break my bones. however, immaturity is sure frown upon.
A.) I understand that it is Clint Eastwood's/the Producer's/Filmmaker's objective to not characterized Hmong people into this kind of genre. however considering the exposure of Asian in the media, nevertheless Hmong in the media, must we have to rethink how the outside will think? Television and Hollywood has been around for a very long time yet we can't get past the sterotypes when portraying Asians. also Asians are hardly ever given the right opportunity to fully portrayed us correctly. You would probably be thinking "who cares about what other ppl think, as long as Hmong ppl are doing us a good job" well another hmong gangsters should adds up to the long list of the sterotypes. and I'm pretty sure that there are tons of many great other story ideas that Clint Eastwood could have done.
B.) Please re-read my long essay because i said something similar along those lines. I stated that its quite dissappointing that the producers or watever would even considered somebody of our ppl to Johnny Depp. To have them put such a high standard on us is quite a shocker. First of all, i dont need ur sympathy. Why would i want to be casted in the movie again? and please, like every hmong person could have gotten a role regardless if they were old or young.
C.) I do not recall ever bashing the talents of these hmong actors. I do not recall ever complaining about how this one actor is such a horrible actor. All i said is that its is quite disappointing that the cast is who they are. btw, how would you know if they are talented or not, have you seen the movie? or could you possible be related to one of them and is in sucking up for them? I applauded them for getting the part. Looking the part and acting the part is two different thing. Yeah according to the director's/producer's they could have got it by looking the part but can they really act and portray the role of SUE, TAO, SMOKIE, ETC?
D.) "IT seems you know a lot of shit about this movie-- WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AGAIN? If you can't tell us your identity, then SHUT THE FUCK UP!"
I would also like to know who you are because it seems like you also know alot about this movie.
E.) According to Amelia Rasche, one of the casting associate, she claims that they are a newly immigrant family. that's what the movie even more complicated and confusing, a newly immigrant with good english?
F.) I pray that Mr. Clint Eastwood will definately make a masterpiece out of this. and excuse me, i did not bash the hmong culture. I was defending my hmong culture. are you a hmong christian?
G.) First of all "suck on a thumb-a fat one bitch" really make good sense. what are you in preschool? grow up. didnt your elders thought you that there are other ways to defend yourself than using idiotic profanity. anyways i'll let that slide. of i know that my existence or my ten dollars does not matter so what's the point of me watching it then right? just because its about hmong ppl? a typical coming-of-age movie? i really pray that this movie is a box office success.
H.) Mai Moua. Google that up. and then slam it down your throat. See? you must really want to know who i am. i guess my existence does matter to you.
I.) Thank you for contributing your opinions.

skies

sarNie Adult
yep, this thread is getting a bit too controversial...

but really, we haven't even seen the movie yet so we shouldn't criticize to the point where it's almost unreasonable...
anyways, whether or not they're portraying us hmong the right way, we don't know and to me, it's not something that hasn't already been done before, the fact with portrayals and stuffs like that...i don't want to say much except that we should just wait and see...and then criticize all we want...

haezel

sarNie Egg
[read at your own discretion]

wow. obviously you do not understand english mai moua because instead of listening to what i said, you decided to interpret what i said accordingly to what you think or want to hear. i just want to make it very clear that i never once said that this move is a genuine portrayal of hmong people, repeat, i said, "also, i honestly don't think you care for this movie to be a genuine portrayal of hmong people seeing that you are so hung up on the image of a hmong johnny depp. get over it." where in that sentence does it come off as me saying that this is movie is a genuine portrayal of hmong people? i believe i said this is hollywood, they will glamourize things and situations. and then you go off again accusing me of saying that "but like you said this is written by a ignorant cauasian man who apparently did not listen to any kind of hmong advice that was given."---what was that? i said that? nope! wrong...i definitely did not say that nor meant it in such a way. what i said was this is from a caucasian american's point of view. the writer who wrote it--he did not mean to write a film depicting hmong people or meant for it to be an accurate depiction. it is a story about an old man's growth away from bigotry who happens to be influenced by this hmong immigrant family who lives next door to him. yes, there is a sense of responsibility from all hmong people to have our own people, traditions and customs correctly represented, but need i repeat myself again that this is hollywood, meaning entertainment, meaning you will never get an accurate portrayal...my goodness...

i didn't underestimate you, but what you probably meant was "misunderstood". i didn't misunderstand you at all. you're obviously entitled to your opinions and i really have no reason why i should reply back to you since i did end with me not needing to acknowledge you since you're obviously close minded. if you were so open minded as i feel necessary to repeat myself...then why are you openly criticizing the film before you see it? but it's ok because i have accepted your "victim repressed by white folks and american society" personality or maybe i should just quote you directly, "white ppl don't know nothing about us". yes, yes, we all know we are a minority (everywhere we are) but please do let me know of a hollywood movie where they accurately portrayed a group of people to the fullest. every minority has that personality but yours is just becoming borderline psycho and with no solid reason or action. (excuse my choice of words, but i had to)

also, all the character descriptions are not set in stone...just like during shooting, any of the lines can be improvised or changed completely...maybe that's something you aren't aware of about the film business. i would like to also note that just because tao was described to be the asian johnny depp doesn't mean that he literally has to look like the asian johnny depp. because now that would just be ridiculous now wouldn't it? for another person to look exactly like johnny depp...now, often times people will refer to asano tadanobu or takeshi kaneshiro as an asian johnny depp because they do have the rugged good looks and bad boy image / cute boy charm, but they're not referring to the idea that they possess the same facial features as johnny depp...more like, their attitude, their acting skills. i don't think you understand that. stop taking things so literally...that's how you disappoint yourself. which you seem to do a lot of and it all stems from your damn misinterpretation of people's words. people people, have we not learn from the misinterpretation of the bible through the ages including the koran now? (sorry if anyone takes offense to this example, but i had to--if i don't draw out images for some people, they might misunderstand me again because for some odd reason my words seem to come off as very cryptic)

i'm not going to lie like you and say hmong people are beautiful. we have our uglies, our pretties, our weirdos...we're human. being hmong doesn't mean we are a different species. i am very glad that clint eastwood's people didn't pay attention to your calls because judging from your personality...you are like the far right wing in politics (meaning you would fully take things into your own hands and want control) and the consultant lady they used was just pure idiot or maybe i should say a hmong george w. bush. sounds about right. what we need is someone who will tell them the right things and listen to the rest of the hmong cast/crew if they did something wrong...especially if they know more, but also not go crazy should hollywood want to change something.

also, you seem to be very against the rape scene with sue. could it possibly be that you don't read the news and are not aware of many rape cases where hmong gang members did in fact rape their own people. or could it possibly be that you don't want any negative images of hmong people at all on the big screen? i think that it is very important to screen all the faces of people. it's not going to damage our name...or label us as these certain kind of people. that would just be utterly stupid on anyone's part to label us as such.

also, before you make fools of the hmong people who "rushed in a rampage" to the auditions...who wouldn't? regardless of race, ethnicity, religion. obviously you did too...

you are a wanna be hmong "nationalist" who doesn't really know if she wants to be a wanna be. cheers to that.

p.s. anytime you want me to clarify my emotions, you can just look up into the sky and if stars are twinkling, that's me smiling. if there are clouds, i will be back very soon to clarify my emotions and if it is starless and cloudless, i am serene.

and please before you embarrass yourself with your misinterpretations, please find yourself a reliable consultant in english, not to mention find yourself a reliable source who actually was apart of this film because unlike you, i don't just pull stuff out of my ass.

cheers!

:dude:

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
uhm... okay...
you guys just misunderstood each other or something..
let's just leave it where it is
and wait until this movie is over with.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
oh lord
i'm SOOO over this gran torino case. i said what i need to say. i stand up for my points. and i can careless of what you say.
i did not i repeat did not audition. i've done my homework. called the ppl and got my informations. if you call that pulling stuff of my ass then i must be shitting you then.
i also see there's really no point in me replying back since we will both be replying back and going over the useless points all over again. i said what i need to say. i really do hope this movie wins best picture at the oscars.
but to be honest, you are a really interesting gal.
i would love to heard you preach more about this movie.
"p.s. anytime you want me to clarify my emotions, you can just look up into the sky and if stars are twinkling, that's me smiling. if there are clouds, i will be back very soon to clarify my emotions and if it is starless and cloudless, i am serene."-funny line
until then, i shall wait patiently for this movie to come out.

haezel

sarNie Egg
thank goodness. i'm glad you found my sense of humor entertaining and that this ends this series of posts.

but to clarify again for you, i never preached about this film.

cheers to all! :clap: