if u have like $100,000 what would u do

little

sarNie Adult
if u have $100,000 would u invest in stocks (gamble it maybe u could double triple or just 10xs more) or u would just buy a house worrying about the monthly costs

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Since I'm still young, I definitely would invest it in stocks or do bonds because I mean you can make more dividends then worrying about your damn house payments right (yes I'm greedy lol), except bonds do take long to grow. Now, if I was say 22, I'd invest it in an IRA so I can have money when I retire...can't secure my financial future with social security especially when I retire. Now, say I was 40, I might buy the house but I most likely will not invest all 100,000 on the house. Gotta save some for the home decor lol.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I don't do stocks that's my bf's thing.

If I had $100,000. I'd start by paying off all my debts so I can have a clean slate to work with. Then I'd put some money away and spend some on traveling and a new car. I don't think I'd want to buy a house though, at least not yet. I plan on living alone and the less space I have, the less I have to clean. ^_^ I'd be happy with a loft or townhome. I don't have to worry about when I retire because my parents took cared of that. If all fails and I need funding I can always pull it out from my life insurance (I've had it since I was about 8 years old).

$100,000
- $5,000 (credit card)
------------
$95,000
- $23,000 (student loans)
------------
$72,000
- $20,000 (savings account)
------------
$52,000
- $10,000 (traveling for a few months in Europe, maybe backpacking)
------------
$42,000 (new car, what's left from that goes to my checking)

cecilia

Staff member
invest. invest to secure my future. IRA, Money MARKET, and certified deposit are good choices ..

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Go back to Laos .. Buy a land ... Build a house ... and ... enjoy the barn-nork life (countryside) with a joint in hand.

oh yea, what left of the money goes into my bank account.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I'd invest the money in some kind of business and then when the business grows, that's when I'll buy a house, a new car, vacation... and all the luxuries people dream about.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Nothing much, I am satisfy with my life though I don't have much. I don't want to be naming stuff since that will never be true. Who would throw that much money down to my feet. LOL I must be dreaming. Lottery and gambling don't count. LOL

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
**rubb hands together** dirty thought...100,000 crap i'll hire Ken Theeradeth for a one night thing! lol j/k

i'm still young very bad w/ money...hmm..probably keep it for my future...to pay for my tuition...lol

alby

sarNie Hatchling
Clear all debts, which include Paying off students for sis. and I and after that down for a house; since the market is so good to buy. Than if there is still any left, travel the world for a month or two.

I would invest the majority of it (say $90,000) into some good stocks or, even better (since I can't really pick good companies for myself), I'd buy Class A shares of Berkshire-Hathaway (Buffet's company), which are sure to go up over the next 30 or so years...

Muddie Murda

smile...
^as if you couldn't buy a plane ticket. why not invest in a brain? i kid. i love you =D

I would buy my college degree some how some way and then pay a good job to hire me LOLLL and then they put me in a few weeks training while i get paid :p . I catch on fast so i'm good to go.

Muddie Murda

smile...
You talking about the insect fly then?

*Planning a trip to San Francisco*
Missy: OMG LUCEE! DO YOU GUYS HAVE FLIES IN SAN FRANCISCO? I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE!
Lucee: What? You've never seen a fly before?! WTF LOL

true story

STIMA

i'm talking about flying as in flying like an angel with wings you idiotic fool LOL jkk i love you . now go away =/ and look at my signature.

i was thinking maybe towards the house or stock, but i'd put it towards the house. so i can buy another house, and rent one out. easier for me to think that way. :huh:

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
I'll invest in the stock market and create businesses so the flow of money will be unlimited and I'll still find a job so I have multiple streams of income and then I'll also use it in order to migrate to another country with my whole family and travel the world. I also plan to get a master's or doctor's degree. I also plan to help the needy.

Last edited: