Lao Traditional Dress

nalis

sarNie Egg
Hello, anyone in here know any place that sells nice traditional Lao Dress or the fabric because my sister and I are looking to buy some so we can wear it to the new year. Thanks

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
I haven't seen any websites for Laos Traditional Dress, but I 've seen ones for Thai. They're not Laotian like you want it, but they're similar, they're Thai-style dresses. If you want the sites just let met know.

Jane

K

KawaiiTennyo

Jane said:
I haven't seen any websites for Laos Traditional Dress, but I 've seen ones for Thai. They're not Laotian like you want it, but they're similar, they're Thai-style dresses. If you want the sites just let met know.

Jane
[post="34104"][/post]​
what's the thai one?

Jane

sarNie Hatchling
Rakniran, I have never ordered from them before.

nalis

sarNie Egg
I've been on the ramthai.com website before and I email them asking about the dress size and color and they email me back. They said that you could either send them your measurement and they also had a dress measurement too and so you could pick from there. It seems they are reliable but I'm not sure if I want to order something from there yet.

vilasaeng

sarNie Juvenile
I have order from them and the quality are not like you expect it should be... So don't order from them... It's just a waste of money... It's better off to buy your own material and find someone who could sew the tradtional dress. It might not be the exact pretty but it's better then ramthai...

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
We have a store here in town that sometimes carry the "sin mai" That's where i got most of mine, and also the one i wore to my wedding. But then you'll have to find someone to sew it for you. Which i also agree with Vilasaeng, it's a lot cheaper, and sometimes it would look as good as the ones you see online.

iluvnumandoil

sarNie OldFart
vilasaeng said:
I have order from them and the quality are not like you expect it should be... So don't order from them... It's just a waste of money... It's better off to buy your own material and find someone who could sew the tradtional dress. It might not be the exact pretty but it's better then ramthai...
[post="34604"][/post]​
ditto on that

nalis

sarNie Egg
~Sandy~ said:
We have a store here in town that sometimes carry the "sin mai" That's where i got most of mine, and also the one i wore to my wedding. But then you'll have to find someone to sew it for you. Which i also agree with Vilasaeng, it's a lot cheaper, and sometimes it would look as good as the ones you see online.
[post="35001"][/post]​
Hi Sandy, So where do you live? I'm from MN and I'm looking for Lao dress fabric and I already have someone to sew it for me but I just don't have the fabric. Please Help me if you can. Thanks

Nalis

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
Nalis, im in IL. If anything, i can go to the store take pics and ask for the price for you. When i had my wedding, i went there, and luckily she had like 6 styles for me to choose from. I haven't gone to the store over a year now, but il check it out for u. Recently, she has the ones with the 3D gold pattern on them...u know what kind im talking about? Yeah i bought a green one for the wedding. It was very pretty.

Rakniran

~Sandy~ said:
Nalis, im in IL. If anything, i can go to the store take pics and ask for the price for you. When i had my wedding, i went there, and luckily she had like 6 styles for me to choose from. I haven't gone to the store over a year now, but il check it out for u. Recently, she has the ones with the 3D gold pattern on them...u know what kind im talking about? Yeah i bought a green one for the wedding. It was very pretty.
[post="36761"][/post]​
how much are they?
Yeah ,please take some pics. I would like to buy them. I might get marry in two years if,he ever ask me..hahahhahahha...

nalis

sarNie Egg
nalis said:
Hi Sandy, So where do you live? I'm from MN and I'm looking for Lao dress fabric and I already have someone to sew it for me but I just don't have the fabric. Please Help me if you can. Thanks

Nalis
[post="36646"][/post]​
It would be great if you can do that for me. Thank You so much

nalis

sarNie Egg
Nalis
[post="36646"][/post]​
[/quote]
It would be great if you can do that for me. Thank You so much

missjoy

sarNie Elites
Do you guys not have a local Laos grocery store. They usually carry some Laos silk.

Another way I get my fabric is that there's a lot of Khon Laos living in my community, so when they go back to Laos, they always bring back some Laos Silk to Sell.

For my sisters wedding, we had to get our Aunt in Laos to buy the fabric for us and send it to us. Here's my sister's wedding outfit... isn't it beautiful? The detailing on the "pa biang" is the latestest trend. It was so heavy it cost $60 just to send it.

Rakniran

missjoy said:
Do you guys not have a local Laos grocery store. They usually carry some Laos silk.

Another way I get my fabric is that there's a lot of Khon Laos living in my community, so when they go back to Laos, they always bring back some Laos Silk to Sell.

For my sisters wedding, we had to get our Aunt in Laos to buy the fabric for us and send it to us. Here's my sister's wedding outfit... isn't it beautiful? The detailing on the "pa biang" is the latestest trend. It was so heavy it cost $60 just to send it.

[post="37089"][/post]​
wow,thats a very beautiful dress..

nalis

sarNie Egg
missjoy said:

[post="37089"][/post]​
That outfit is very nice do you know if they have any now in the US. I need my for the New Year by the end of this month and I still have to sew it too.