Lao Traditional Dress

missjoy

sarNie Elites
nalis said:
That outfit is very nice do you know if they have any now in the US. I need my for the New Year by the end of this month and I still have to sew it too.
[post="37188"][/post]​
they might have it already here.. I've already seen a few ladies wear it to the another wedding this past weekend, except it's silver pattern instead of gold.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
The pattern of MissJoy sis, is very popular here in Illinois. And like most ppl, you wuold get it from a laos person who happened to visit Laos and brought back a bunch of sin mai to sell. Like next month my grandmother will be going to visit, and she would definately bring some back. Especially the newer patterns, like MissJoy sis.

Nalis, sorry that i havent had the chance to stop by that store. Im hoping to go this weekend for you. It's not a hassle, just didnt have time last week. But maybe you can find a Lao store in your area, or someone who is selling some....cause it would cost you less, then buying it and paying for shipping.

arissa

sarNie Elites

credit....googleimages

The last time I bought Lao Traditional dresses was last summer..when I went down to visit in San Diego.....the typical dress (top&bottom) usually cost around 1 hundred something......There is one store in San Diego...that have a VERY nice selections of all styles and patterns...

Jean

sarNie Juvenile
Those dresses are so pretty. Thanks for sharing Arissa. I bought me some fabric when I was in Thailand in 2004 and have not had a chance to have mine made. I guess I'm waiting to lose some weight, which will take forever.

rukmos

sarNie Adult
when my mother went to Laos, she bought me a dress like the ones shown above. It was a dark blue lined with silk and had some other desighs on it. the only problem with the dress is that, my mom had bought it a size too big. My waist size is 22 inch and the skirt size is about 2 and half inch too big on me. she's in the process of trying to resew the skirt so that it'll fit and I can wear it to the New Years this year coming.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
vilasaeng said:
I have order from them and the quality are not like you expect it should be... So don't order from them... It's just a waste of money... It's better off to buy your own material and find someone who could sew the tradtional dress. It might not be the exact pretty but it's better then ramthai...
[post="34604"][/post]​
yup.. very true.. its not how you will expect it.. so buy your own material and sew the dress ur self.. or find somebody.. it's better.. :)

arissa

sarNie Elites
I usually bought just the material...and then have someone near my house make the outfit for me....I usually ask for a tube top or one shoulder.......the cost to get it done here is around $50-75.....depending on the style you want......

L

lalalek

Wow.....Those are pretty dresses......my mom has a bunch of laos dresses and i am glad that she buys it all for me...lol

Here a pictures of me at my pagents with a thai dress...

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
lek_24/7 said:
Wow.....Those are pretty dresses......my mom has a bunch of laos dresses and i am glad that she buys it all for me...lol

Here a pictures of me at my pagents with a thai dress...

[post="80266"][/post]​

wow nice dresses, hey lek anymore pics of your pagent it looks so good, did you win?

klarissa

sarNie Hatchling
well my mother sells them, my aunt in laos sends them to us and my mother cuts them too, 80 bucks for the fabric (skirt and shirt) and then she charges 35 to make the dress, she's working on the shirts haha! but i don't think that'll help your situation out b/c my mom's outta stock right now haha and she hasn't even made mine yet, i told her i'll wear a sin on my engagement day..one day HAHA!

Vanida

Save World Save Life
true some dresses do look hella pretty and expensive depend which kind u buy i like the colorful and fancy one its so cool lol