My mom hate Thai people....

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
Ok, so we all know that there's currently a flood in Thailand. It's horrible. It's sad enough that people there are having to go through with the damage. People are dying of hunger, they're homeless and in a scary position that no one want to be in. I feel bad for those who lived in Thailand, and am praying for them, BUT ACCORDING TO MY PARENT AND SOME OLD RELATIVES, THAT'S NOT THE CASE.

My parent and their followers(other OGs) hate Thai people. Why? My mom said that b/c

1.Thai people (with some Chinese) were the one who dig up the Hmong people graves.
2.Thai people were the one who ordered the Hmong people back to Lao, knowing that they will suffer greatly by the Laotian/Lao govt. (or something like that, I'm not sure who too).
3.There were occasionally stories of some Hmong people getting beat up by Thai people for no reason (mom said it's b/c they hate on the Hmong)
4.There's many more, but I forgot.

Well, I do have Hmong pride too, and am proud to be a Hmong, but this hating/assumption of the Thais against Hmong is getting out of hand. I'm sure there's haters in every nation, not just one. You can't really judge a nation just b/c a few of its people done something wrong. Not all Thais are evil or hate Hmong people. It depend on that person only. My parent and other OGs need to understand that. My mom is happy b/c Thailand is in crises, and she wish more flooding for them. I told her "Mom, what if that happen to us too. We never know what will happen in the future so don't be wishing others misfortune" and she said that Hmong people will never encounter misfortune, b/c we're protected...Hmmmm...ok..by what???

Anyway she also stated that the reason why there such a big flood in Thailand right now it's because the Thais stole something ( these two Hmong statues from a cave), brought it to Bangkok, and claimed it as the Thais. A wise man in Thailand said that if these two stolen properties that belong to the Hmong isn't return back to its original place, the flooding will not stop. All of these rain are caused by the dragon lord or something.

My parent think that the flood is karma, but really what do you guys think? For me, I think that it's just nature.

kazz143

sarNie Juvenile
Hahaha....but i do agree. Thai people dnt really like hmong people because we have a bad history with them...one reason is that we came into their country so they have little respect for us...thats why most hmong people in thailand who live in bangkok never say they are hmong.

But about the curse thing...i dnt knwo cause havent heard anything like that before

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
lol OG hmong people hate thai because back when they fled to thailand a lot of hmong women were raped by thai people. my mom was there when one was raped. my mom said that she and the other young girl (they were in their teens) were they only ones there that were young so they would've raped my mom too but my grandma threw her in a ditch or something and stood in front of the ditch. my mom said she could hear the thai guys raping the young girl. there were a couple of them and one would rape while the others held gun on other people (old women and men). my dad said it happened to one of the woman with him too. it usually happened when they went out of refuge camp to ua zog.

also on my first trip to laos, i had to go thru thai airport and had to check in at a thai airline desk even tho we were going on a lao airplane. when we checked in, the thai airport employees wouldn't let any hmong people check in unless they paid $50 per person. of course they let the white people and the lao people through without paying. they did it to all the hmong people on our flight and half the flight were hmong. i wanted to smack them in the face cause i knew they were being prejudice to just hmong. i guess i wouldn't have been so angry if they had done it to everyone.

ok with all that said, i'm sure there are good people in thailand too. every country has it's bad and good. also i am scared for the thai people because of the flooding and the hardship after the flooding. i hope for the best for them through this hard time.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Yea I agree that you can't judge a whole nation just b/c few does it....everyone has their own views so yea...

but about the flooding thing....maybe it is Karma....or maybe it was going happen anyways...who knows.

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
i love thai stars but thai ppl, i'm not sure. :scratchhead2: :facepalm:
LMAO...good one girl. Count me in...Thai STARS---Heck yeah!!! but of course, Thai people are human too, if we don't care for each other we're not fit to call ourselves human.

btw my mom was like "Pangia, get ready, b/c we're going to buy a lot of rice bags tomorrow".."WHY".."Because most of the rice is shipped from Thailand..." "Ah...I see. That's why mom, I told you not to curse anyone, b/c we don't know what tomorrow might hold"

You think that b/c the flood is all the way over in the other side of the world, it won't have any effect on us, it will. Thailand got a lot of business with the outside world. :b The price of rice will go up from now til who know when...

pangnerlicious

sarNie Adult
what? i love thai people! arent they the ones who accpeted us hmong people to there camp? yeah
my mom did say that there are those that actually beat them up and even rape some girls too!
but yeah. they should realize that the thai people actually accepted us. and even saved
half of the hmong people too! lol

pangiaxiong

sarNie Adult
what? i love thai people! arent they the ones who accpeted us hmong people to there camp? yeah
my mom did say that there are those that actually beat them up and even rape some girls too!
but yeah. they should realize that the thai people actually accepted us. and even saved
half of the hmong people too! lol
THANK YOU GIRL!!! I agree with you. Thais are just like the rest of the world, there's bad and good. One person bad deed can not justify a whole nation.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i actually disagree with Hmong people hating on Thai people. When I was studying abroad in Thailand, and i told them that i was hmong, THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HMONG WAS. like i was shocked! all this time and bangkok people didn't even know what Hmong was. i was worried for no reason. Thai people are actually really really nice, at least the many that i met.

chiangmai, or more populated areas of hmong people may be the ones may have the ones that diss on Hmong people, but not the ones where hmong people barely exist. chiangmai was fun and polite too tho, so iono.

in terms of thai people digging and screwing over hmong people, i would say they are the more educated and more political thais. the civilians are really nice and down to earth.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
I love Thai people who have respect. No ones that wants to be rude and mean and rape people. I certainly love Thai stars, not sure about the people

About the curse part, I think it's just a joke to the Thais. Just so theyll give I back. But I am not sure.

neena

sarNie Adult
I've always believed no matter what race you come from there are good and bad people. i can never say i hate these people or those people because there are good people out there too, i will feel bad labeling them as bad when in the end they were good.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
pangerlucious
actually my mom and dad said that hmOng people fled to thailand so that's why they made that refugee camp so they could keep the Hmong people enclosed instead of spreading out into Thailand. Plus a lot of my uncles were being shot at when they tried to flee into Thailand in the Mekong by the Thais (the govt allowed it) Two of my uncles' each had a child who died from the shooting. Personally I think Thailand didn't want to accept Hmong people to thailand but they couldn't stop it because no way to enforce it. That's the b past so I don't know nowadays

What are Hmong people known as in Thailand? The few Hmong people I talked to said that Thailand don't really treat Hmong or other minorities well. Same in Laos. A distant uncle in Laos told me that Hmong people in Laos are treated well but then he was always bad mouthing the US and those from the US so don't know how much I can believe him.

I guess there's always the good and the bad. What can we do.

Tamaki

sarNie Egg
Why do people hate and fight each other? I don't know but I guess it's human nature.

This might not be related but because of the flooding in Thailand, hard drive prices are going up. I was just about to put together a new computer too.

I give my regards to those people in Thailand.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
I've always believed no matter what race you come from there are good and bad people. i can never say i hate these people or those people because there are good people out there too, i will feel bad labeling them as bad when in the end they were good.
Well said. I agree too. Nomatter which race there's always going to be good and bad ones.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Yup Hmong OGs...labeling a whole nation and an entire nationality is wrong. What if some Thai people met your mom and other OGs who thought that way and said that Hmong people hate Thai people?? is it true...no its not its a selected few.

In regards to how the Hmong people were / are being treated in the refugee camps, umm try to look for any refugee camp that was EVER set up any where in the world at any point in history that did not have that nation's people mistreating the refugees...there is NONE even when the refugee camps were set up for the Japaneses during WWII here in California the Americans mistreated them very bad as well, that's just how it is, thats not how it should be, but it is...and esp. during the time of war people are crazy, rape always occur during wars it doesn't necessarily mean that the country or the commanding officer approve of it, sometimes their soldiers/ workers have a mind of their own...and I understand why Thailand wants to send the Hmong people back to Laos, Thailand had to take in thousands of people that the Americans messed up on and had no where to put so they threw them in Thailand, for one they probably don't want to have to constantly put a budget in to sustain a camp that won't benefit their economy or country but they can't just let the people out and bout into cities, most if not all of them are not documented citizens...same thing as in the US where their is boarder control for Mexico, they will shoot you if try to enter US soil they have to...this is something I think is really hard for the OGs to comprehend...

When it comes to the grave-digging i'm not going to say much because it is very controversial in the community, but its hard to blame this group or that group, for that land was not own by the Hmong people or deemed made for a grave-yard, so when someone who wants to build a business buys that land he / she has the right to do whatever he / she wants to do the land, now its unethical and inhumane to dig up the dead and I dunno if Thailand had activist groups to support the Hmong people but in this world and AGE its all about who has the right to what area...

other than in the United States all minority groups elsewhere is not treated equal in their home country its just not in thailand...

VangGirlie if that was really true as what you say, I think you should have questioned why only certain groups / type of ppl were being charged and others weren't, if I truly felt like I was being discriminated against I would make sure they know I know of it, you should have gather all the Hmong people on that plane to each call or write to the airlines headquarters...esp. since ur an American do it for the equality this country stands for...

pinkdisney32

sarNie Oldmaid
Ugh...my dad is a big hater on Thai ppls.
Whenever I watch a Thai Lakorn he would always blabbers off about how much he dislike thai people.

p. Zoua

sarNie Oldmaid
Ugh...my dad is a big hater on Thai ppls.
Whenever I watch a Thai Lakorn he would always blabbers off about how much he dislike thai people.
lol I think the OGs label too much...or I think it's based on what they've experienced so I guess you can't really blame them.

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
You're mom is judging a race based on a few bad ones. There are good and bad people/things in a race/culture. The elders should be glad that the Thai government was willing to accept us Hmong people into their country. If it weren't for their help, we wouldn't be here today.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
bakaPX I gotta agree with you. Thai people won't be there if it wasn't for us. But then, who knows the truth all about Asian history. I don't dislike any race, I just dislike people who I wanna hate and hates me...