My mom hate Thai people....

Mistspyed

sarNie Egg
I agree with you guys that we shouldn't judge a race on a few bad ones, but I disagree that the Thai was nice enough to accept us. I don't think they were nice, I think that they were obligated to accept us (perhaps that's the reason why they didn't treat us with respect). I'm not trying to pick an argument but You guys sound really naive. I don't believe they truly wanted to accept us. They had some kind of ulterior motive. (Just like when the American helped the philippines gain their independence with a price. Soon they started to take over until the philippines kick the American butt out.) Imagine how it would look like to the rest of the world if the Thai didn't accept us, (they'll look like the bad guys and nobody wants to be the bad guy). They agree to accept us because the USA asked and they wanted to look good and build a good relationship with the US. They also benefited from accepting us, how? There were lots of jobs open in the camp such as teachers, daycare providers, doctors, nurses, & etc. Who paid for them? The UN and countries all over the world. Considering what they did to us and the conditions that they provided for us to live in I don't think they were that nice. We were kinda like prisoner (we werent allow to get out of the camps at all) or the Japanese in intermittent camp. Regardless of what i think and know I am grateful that the Hmong had somewhere to live.

mnikmy

sarNie Egg
i iono but when i ask my dad that i want to go visit thailand...he'll always say no and that the thai people are evil and mean...but ill find a way to go visit one day....

bakaPX

sarNie Adult
When I said accept, I didn't mean accept as in actually accept us
for who we are. I meant accept as in allowed us to live in
Thailand for the time being. I believe there are those who treated
out people good and those who treated us bad. Not every Thai person
treated our people badly.

erinhang

sarNie Adult
My mom is always saying the Thais are evil to us Hmongs, and when I try to reason it out w/her my whole family goes against me. They will be like (gasp) you pick Thai people over your own. Like for real, I'm not picking sides, but it's so obvious. It's only a few Thais that have done wrong to Hmongs. It's not like all the Thais were evil to Hmongs. Hmong people should be humble that at least the Thai allowed us to live there. Even though we were treated badly, it is not compared to running from the Laos soldiers that wanted to hunt us down.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
In all honestly, Hmong parents are the hardest to please. Hmong in laws, mom, dad, and elderly, I don't know a Hmong elderly who doesn't complain about any race. OJ thinking, don't worry about it. Its like them always telling us to marry and leave but really they want us to stay, buy them a house, all live together.

Leix

sarNie Egg
i actually disagree with Hmong people hating on Thai people. When I was studying abroad in Thailand, and i told them that i was hmong, THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT HMONG WAS. like i was shocked! all this time and bangkok people didn't even know what Hmong was. i was worried for no reason. Thai people are actually really really nice, at least the many that i met.

chiangmai, or more populated areas of hmong people may be the ones may have the ones that diss on Hmong people, but not the ones where hmong people barely exist. chiangmai was fun and polite too tho, so iono.

in terms of thai people digging and screwing over hmong people, i would say they are the more educated and more political thais. the civilians are really nice and down to earth.
I think the reason they didn't know Hmong is because that term is fairly new in Thailand. But if you say "Meo" they will know, because that's what they called Hmong people in Thailand.

P

PrincessKarina

I think the reason they didn't know Hmong is because that term is fairly new in Thailand. But if you say "Meo" they will know, because that's what they called Hmong people in Thailand.
Hmm-how do you pronounce "MEO"? That's interesting.... :)

_mLove_

sarNie Hatchling
A
I thought they do know who the Hmong people are? But we are more known as mountain tribes/ethnic groups. They don't call them Hmong but "Mong" with a weird tone to it. I've watched a few Thai shows that Hmong people were on and that's how they pronounced it, not Meo. In China, they call Hmong Meo.

I do agree with a lot of you that some Hmong elders generalize a whole group of people as one when they experience hate and it's hard to change their minds that just because one or a few individuals treat them that way, it doesn't mean the whole group is like that. My mil refuses to eat at any other Asian restaurant if it's not run by Hmong people. She always have this idea that they don't prepare clean food or are rude when it comes to serving Hmong customers. She always talk down on the whole group as one and it really irks me. :facepalm: To be honest, I've had the worse customer service experiences with Hmong owned businesses. My parents always taught us to judge people individually and not as a whole and with respect whether it be whatever skin color or religion. I love my Hmong elders, just not how they think sometimes.

Tsimnuj

sarNie Egg
I agree with you guys that we shouldn't judge a race on a few bad ones, but I disagree that the Thai was nice enough to accept us. I don't think they were nice, I think that they were obligated to accept us (perhaps that's the reason why they didn't treat us with respect). I'm not trying to pick an argument but You guys sound really naive. I don't believe they truly wanted to accept us. They agree to accept us because the USA asked and they wanted to look good and build a good relationship with the US. They also benefited from accepting us.
very well said there buddy.