Our Story, Out Fate: Chapter 2 Is Up!

Coolness

sarNie Egg
Hey earthlings, this is my first attempt at writing a FanFic, this FanFic. Obviously, Im a newbie, so hopefully you guys enjoy! Please feel free to leave any thoughts, comments, or criticisms. Greatly appreciated!

Title: Our Story, Our Fate
(All events and characters in this story are are not real and base on imagination.)

Chapter 1: Defining as Perfect

To like...
I don't know when it started...
But when it started, it became a habit...
After a habit, it became a longing...
A longing that I find myself attach to...
Perhaps, it became love...

It was 10:37 p.m. The night was as still as can be. The cool breeze of the wind was as soft as clouds brushing through So Kang Hyuks face. He was standing happily in front of his almost completed bar while inhaling the air as if it was his last breath to take in this world call Earth.

Kang Hyuk was a slim, lean-muscular, and tall guy. He had a rather large slick nose that framed perfectly with his boyish face. His face was quite small, but long with cheek bones that made his face structure look sharper. His lips look quite sad, but when he smiled it was as if a world of gray turned into a world of colors. His sharp almond eyes had just the right creases and eyelids to make them look big and superior then you would imagine. He had the perfect face which made him exclusively handsome.

For the very first time in my life, I can finally define something as perfect." Kang Hyuk thought with a big smile plaster across his face as he reached his right hand into one of his pockets and pulled out a small box.

As a child who grew up in an orphanage up until he was 18 years old, to continue on with his life without any support from no one, he learned not to be so attached to things in life. He was a child who went with the flow. A child who let things go easily because he learned that nothings garauntee in life. Having been through a long and difficult life in order to survive on the streets, he was able to start his life from scratch. When he became an adult and was able to provide for himself, he lived it as simple as he can not because he couldn't afford things, but because he simply chose to. His life changed dramatically when he met a girl who became the love of his life, Lee Soo Jin. You would think that with a handsome face like his, he would have all types of girls lining up at his feet to get a chance with him. Although It was partly true that many girls were interested in him, he just didn't want to be the guy to break any of their hearts. Then how was Lee Min Hee any different? It's a little complicated for him to pinpoint exactly what it was about her that made her unique. All he knew was they had this deep connection that didn't only develop into a wonderful relationship, but also a valuable friendship too. Somehow she was the only person who broke the walls he built to separate himself from the cruel world he was left alone to deal with. She is the only one who cares about him and who he cares for the most. She showed him love and another side of the world he never knew existed.

He opens the box and in there, lay a ring. The ring was tucked in nicely so that the frame of the diamond was the only thing left standing. And again, the smile on his face widen. He then thought back:

(Flashback)

Kang Hyuk and Soo Jin walked into a jewelry store.

Wow! Look at all these rings! Theyre so beautiful." Soo Jin squealed excitedly. But expensive. She continued dully.

Kang Hyuk gazed at her for a few seconds before turning his attention to the glass counter displaying dozens of rings.

The corners of his mouth lifted into a smile. "Dont worry my lady, just be patient. One day youll have one of your very own. He ruffled her hair gently.

Soo Jin pouted and encircled her arms around his waist. Does it mean youll secretly buy one and marry me? She tiptoed and pecked him on the cheek.

He chuckled lightly. Will if you continue to be a wonderful girlfriend then maybe just maybe your wish will come true someday.

Yah, So Kang Hyuk! Are you implying that youve been playing with me all these years of being together, once you get tire of me then youre going break up with me, and never marry me? She eyed him evilly.

Ani-yo! Thats not what I meant. Kang Hyuk defended with both of his hand raised in front of him. Leaning in closer to the glass counter as if to memorize all the details of each ring he continued, Say, out of all, which one would you prefer most?"

I don't know. Let me see. Soo Jin scanned carefully. This one?" She pointed to a simple looking ring that displayed only a single round diamond in the very middle. I like this one. I want a simple ring with one simple diamond on it because it would define you. You are the only one I love."

Kang Hyuk broke into the biggest smile. This was why he loved her so much. He took her hand in his and kissed it gently as they walked side by side out of the jewelry store.

(Flashback Ends)

Kang hyuk walked into his empty bar and took out his cell phone to make a call. The first time he called, there was no answer. He called a second time around and a voice finally appeared on the other end of the line.

Hey hot stuff; sorry I was asleep so I didnt hear your call the first time around. What are you still doing up at this time of night? Soo Jin asked in curiosity.

Oh Kang Hyuk tilted his head up contemplating on what to say next. Im still at the building, helping my workers finish up the place. Just calling to let you know that I wont be able to drop by later, because its going to be a very busy night. He lied, knowing what he was planning on doing.

The line went quiet for a few seconds. "....It's alright. I understand. Will, if you can make it to my place tonight call me first, araso?

Alright! I love you. Kang Hyuk said truthfully.

"I love you too! Don't work to hard. Good night if I don't see you tonight."

"K. Good night!"

Hey boss! A voice called out. Kang Hyuk stared at his hand phone for a few seconds before closing and shoving it back into his pocket. He then turned his attention to the voice. Where did you want me to hang this?" One of his workers asked, holding up a picture frame.

Oh, you can set it there; Ill hang it up tomorrow. Tell the others that they can leave early tonight."

Alright. Thanks boss and good luck!" All of his workers already knew what he was up to tonight.
After everyone left he locked up and glanced at his watch. It wasnt too late to still go on with his plan.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Kang Hyuk knocked on Soo Jin's door. A few minutes later the door opens. He was so much into his own thoughts that he didn't realize this night was going to turn his world upside down forever.

Standing in front of him was a girl who was slender and tall. Not as tall as him, but taller than most average girls. Everything about her was perfect. She had the perfect body with long lean legs. White porcelain soft skin with no scar marks. She was a girl that every man can dfream of because of her physical appearance. But she was more than just a pretty face to him. This girl standing in front of him is the one person he loves the most. The only person he truly knew in the world.

Kang Hyuk!? Why are you here? Soo Jins voice sounded very surprise and uncomfortable. I thought you said you weren't going to come and if you were, I told you to call me first." She said it in a tone as if he had just committed a crime.

Clueless Kang Hyuk was too into what he was going to do and say next, he didn't notice the expression that masked her face.

Look, Ive been thinking about us and there's something Ive been wanting to do." He began nervously as he reached into his pocket and took out the box. But what was there to lose when he positively know for sure he wanted to spend his whole life with her.

She smiled, trying to hide the expression she had from the beginning. She pressed her palm against her forehead as she stared down, Look Kang Hyuk, now is not a goo----

Who's that babe?" An anonymous voice came from behind the door, cutting her off.

The three words didn't register in his mind at first until he saw the horrified look on Soo Jin's face. That's when everything sunk in. The nervous expression she gave him when she opened the door. The phone calls when she didn't pick up til the second call. The way she's been acting strange and staying late at work. He finally connected the dots. Everything make sense now. Every.thing.

Babe? He repeated the word just to make sure he was hearing it correctly and it wasn't his ear playing tricks on him. But as the word echoed in his head it definetly confirmed that he wasn't wrong. In seconds, his cheerful expression gone. His smile, gone. His happiness and hope, gone. Before he knew it he had gently pushed her aside and took a step inside. Not too far from the door stood another man besides him. She, on the other hand, froze in place as if a ghost had just walked through her.

Coolness

sarNie Egg
Chapter 2: A Perfect Night to Remember

Kang Hyuk was a calm and collected man. He was a guy who didn’t like to live his life more complicated then he wants it to be. Nor does he like to or let his emotions run wild when he's facing the situation at hand. The situation may be bad, but it doesn't mean he will raise his voice or take physical action even though one deserves to. People tend to get lost in the midst of it all and do something that will waste their energy and at the end of it all, it doesn't change the fact that what's done has already been done. In fact, with every situation that occurs in life, you learn to move on and leave it in the past where it belong. Simply let life takes it's course. Or perhaps he was afraid, afraid that if he didn't stay compose and think this way, his world would fall apart just within a break of his emotion. This didn't mean that his heart wasn't racing in anger. He after, all is a human being with all the normal emotional functions. He was feeling every nerve in his system to just let loose and do what every person would do in this type of situation. It took all his might to not punch the guy in the face.

He stood in the middle of the living room between Soo Jin and the half naked man. Although, Kang Hyuk knew exactly what was obvious in front of his eyes, he still managed to ask, "So what is this?"

Soo Jin stood there speechless, with her hands covering her mouth still unable to move. There was a long pause.

Kang Hyuk let out a sarcastic laugh before he answered his own question. “No need to answer, I think I know exactly what this is.” Even though, his body was still displaying a composed and calm Kang Hyuk, the look in his eyes was the total opposite. He felt hurt and furious. He had his fist balled up so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"I'm Sorry! I... I... can explain." She quickly stated.

As if he didn’t hear her, he turned his head to face the guy. He recognized him, the guy who supposedly was her so called “Co-worker.” He recall her telling him that that moron was a partner of hers at work who she only knew for a couple of months.

"Explain it to me then. Tell me that this is all a joke. Tell me anything that will make this all better. Im Soo Jin. I thought I knew you. But now I’ve realize what a fool I am.” He finally faced her and looked at her dead in the eyes.

"What was I suppose to do. You were always busy fixing up your stupid bar! I needed you and you weren’t there for me!" SooJin finally spoke with a shaky voice and tears in her eyes.

"So is that the reason why I derserve this?" It was unbelievable. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. Only a bigger fool then him will believe her words, her reason. "Oh don’t give me none of that bullsh*t. I was always by your side. Always giving you the love and happiness I can. You’re everything to me. I trusted you. Three years ago, I thought I would never be able to trust anyone because of all the struggles I went through, until you came along and changed my belief about life. If you wanted me to spend time with you, was it so hard for you to just ask? You didn’t have to do this...” He paused. Why the hell was he going to reason out with her when what just happen was already done.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to…” She continued, but was interrupted by the guy.

"Oh gosh! Give the guy a break. You meant to. You initiated our relationship yourself. You even told me the guy was a fool to only look at you as a queen. This has been going on for a year now. He knows. It's not a secret to be kept anymore. Tell him the truth." He said, letting out a breath and putting his hands on his hips.
Another silent fill the room.

“I guess I’ll be leaving then.” The guy grabbed for his flannel that was lying on top of the couch.

“No need to leave. I’ll leave. This no longer has anything to do with me.” Kang Hyuk's voice was clear and sharp, full of anger. Again, it took all of his might not to fist the guy in the face.

He turned around to leave as Soo Jin took a step toward him. But before she got to him he stormed out the door, leaving whatever happened behind. He was done. He wasn’t going to waste his time standing there and wait to be comforted by someone who betrayed him.

***~~***

The night breeze was a little stronger than earlier. Kang Hyuk sat alone in the dark on the shore of the beach. He gazed deeply out into the ocean, lost in his own thoughts.

"What did I really do to deserve this? Was I really the one who did wrong? Do I lose everyone I get close to? My parents and now the person I was positive about spending my whole life with?" His thoughts were running wild. In frustration, he ran his fingers through his hair.

He took out the ring that was suppose to lead him into a happy future, the future that he wanted the most. A future that he was afraid to picture in the past because he dared not to think of his future. He kept his gaze at the ring as tears came streaming down his face. He wiped it off, but the more he did the more tears came rolling down.

"I would want a simple ring with one simple diamond on it because that would define you. You are the only one I love." These words replayed in his head over and over again. The more he thought about it, the more his head hurted.

He sighed. "I guess this is good-bye. What a perfect night to remember." He threw the ring with all his might into the ocean.