[Tutorial] Making wavy dots

Muddie Murda

smile...
Making wavy DOTS with Paintshop Pro

This is the way I make my dots. Doing things my way requires ALOT of patient. If you do not have enough patients...do not attempt anything. -_-

1) Start off with a new black document with a transparent background.

2) Click on the brush tool and then set your tool options to these numbers and options.

3) Click on the cursor and tablet option tab and set your options like mines.

4) Set your colors like mines or which ever way you want.

5) On your document, zoom in till you can see the outline of your square brush the way you are comfortable with it. I set mines at 10:1. Start painting your dots!!

6) You'd probably end up with something similiar to mines. Zoom out once in a while, to view your dots, and make sure they flow the way you want them to flow.

Muddie Murda

smile...
Dots continue...

TIPS!

To get this kind of smooth dots.

Follow these red boxes.

Follow these red boxes.

Follow these red boxes.

----

When drawing your boxes, you wouldn't want to make 3 dots side by side, or it'd start to look like a straight line.

Here are some mistakes you can make if you break the pattern or make a small tiny mistake. You can see the tiny out of place dots.

Using the 2nd dot pattern, you've moved 2 spaces instead of 3.

This is the correct way.

=======

Yes, this is how I do my dots, and I do sometimes count how many spaces I move. After a while, you'd get the drift of the patterns and you'd start to draw your mouses faster without counting.

I'm the kind of person who wants things perfect and neat. One little misplace of a dot will ruin everything and I'd go back to fix it all over again.

You can also use the selection tool, and select the dots you need to edit, and move them to the spaces they're suppose to be in.