Japanese Drama's [Recommendations]

Jieb_Lover

sarNie OldFart
I think that J-drama's are quite interesting and good. I have never watched one until this past summer. I watch Taiyou No Uta [Song to the Sun] it is so good and addiciting. Also, I watched Be With You J-drama also, very good although so sad =[ I want to try to watch more J-dramas but I don't know any good ones. Please recommend some to me, Thanks!

Nameless

N i n j a
my list

1 Litre of Tears
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
Hana Kimi

Gokusen 1 - the ones after are good, but not as good as the first one
All of Trick Series
Summer Snow (Old) but good.
Heaven's Coin (old)

My Boss, My Hero
Long Vacation (old)
A Million Stars falling from the sky
Densha Otoko
Busu no Hitomi ni Koishiteru
Kurosagi
Orange Days

Nodame Cantobile
Nobuta wo Produce

The bolded ones are the ones I really enjoyed. There's more, but these are the ones I can think of on the top of my head.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
my list

1 Litre of Tears
Hana Yori Dango 1 & 2
Hana Kimi

Gokusen 1 - the ones after are good, but not as good as the first one
All of Trick Series
Summer Snow (Old) but good.
Heaven's Coin (old)

My Boss, My Hero
Long Vacation (old)
A Million Stars falling from the sky
Densha Otoko
Kurosagi
Orange Days

Nodame Cantobile
Nobuta wo Produce

The bolded ones are the ones I really enjoyed. There's more, but these are the ones I can think of on the top of my head.
omg i was gonna name those too xp lol.. oh n also GTO .. aka great teacher onizuka .. kekeke lol.. old but.. still good.. haha i wished i had a kool teacher like that..

Hiatus

Super Momo
Here's some more,

Last Friends (2008) : Ueno Juri, Nagasawa Masami, Nikishido Ryo & Eita
Attention Please (2006): Aya Ueto & Ryo
Proposal Daisakusen (2007): Yamashita Tomohisa & Nagasawa Masami
Byakuyakou (2006): Yamada Takayuki (Densha Otoko & Taiyou no Uta) & Ayase Haruka
GTO aka Great Teacher Onizuka (this is old, you're going to see a very young Shun Oguri in it lol)
Papa To Musume No Nanokakan (2007): Tachi Hiroshi and Aragaki Yui
Kimi wa Petto : Koyuki & Jun Mastumoto

I'll update it later lol

Anika

sarNie Egg
Let's see some more good ones...

Pride - Takuya kimura & Yuko Takeuchi. About Hockey.
H2 - Yamada Takayuuki. About baseball
Yasha- Ito Hideaki- Sci-Fi Thriller.
Hotari no Hikari - Ayase Haruka (the girl from Crying out loud from the center of the world drama vers.) Romantic comedy.
Anego- Ryoko Shinohara & Akanishi Jin
Kurosagi - Yamapi
Iryu Team Medical Dragon 1 & 2 - Koike Teppei is in there.
Yoshitsune - Takki (one of those ancient drama)
Love Generation (old) - Takuya kimura and Takako Matsu

Currently watching:

Rookies - Ishihara Hayato. Deliquents & baseballs. So far so good up to Ep. 7
Hataraki Man - Kano Miho. About a 28 Year old magazine editor who's life revolves around work. So far so good. I love the ending credits. Hilarious.

This is what I can come up so far...

MiSzEz_PlOy

sarNie Hatchling
I'd say Tokyo Friends !!
ohh you should try the J-Movie "Crows Zero"
with Shun Oguri & Yamada Takayuki.
HOTNESSSSS <3

vangb01

sarNie Egg
Pride would be the #1 J-drama for me soo far. it's a great story line, and the 2 main characters have soo much chemistry. It's is Highly Recommanded for everyone..

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
From the top of my head, the one Jdorama that sticks out the most is Love Shuffle. It's funny, witty and suspenseful. And if you don't mind the lack of eye candy, you should check out The Quiz Show.

For Jdoramas, I usually go for the mystery/psychological genre.

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
Have you watched Takuya Kimura's "Mr. Brain" ?
I've only seen the first two episodes so far and wasn't sure if I should continue. Takuya's character was a bit quirky (which I like) but the plot couldn't hold me in. Maybe I'll go back and check it out again when the subbing is finished for all eps.

Recently I finished watching Densha Otoko and I love it. I cried. I laughed. It's a very touching drama--though it deviated from the manga just a bit.

Tigra

sarNie Hatchling
My Prefer Japan Drama :

1 Litres of Tears
Absolute Boyfriend (Zettai Kareshi
Atashinchi no Danshi
Bloody Monday
Code Blue
DragonZakura
Engine
H2
Hana Yori Dango Saison 1 & Saison 2
Kamisama Mou Sukoshi Dake
Kami No Shizuku
Konoshin
Kurosagi
#Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Mr.Brain
Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru
Pride
Team Batista No Eiko

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
the only drama that is pulling me in rite now is tackey & ryo's drama --- othros no inu.. ^_^.. hehe.. and also nagase muyo's.. i 4got the title..

nikki1786

LizQuen
in my list:

Jotei
Abarenbo Mama
Kimi wa Petto
Absolute Boyfriend
Ace Wo Nerae
Anego
Attack No. 1
Attention Please!
Bambino
Yukan Club
Beauty or Beast
Yamato Nadeshiko
Boku to Kanojo no XXX
Celeb to Binbo Taro
Cupid No Itazura
Gal Circle
I've Bee Married To Hell
Itazura Na Kiss (The Original and first live action, before Taiwan series' ISWAK started)
Life
Liar Game
Long Love Letter
Love Complex
Mop Girl
Princess Princess D
RH Plus
Sapuri
Taiyou no Uta
Tokyo Wankei
Tsubasa no Oreta Tenshitachi (1 and 2)
Ushi ni Negai wo
Boss
With Love
Yume wo Kanaeru Zo
--------------------

so far these are the Jdramas i've watch... i think i forgot some of them, because i watched Jdramas before and im quite choosy nowadays.

oryfan

sarNie Egg
I'm current;y watching Otemen, Rookies, and Love Shuffle. All three are really good. Below are the ones that I've watched already and enjoyed:

Mei-chan no Shitsuji
Virgin Road
Dekichatta Kekkon
Hana Yori Dango
Hana Yori Dango 2
Orange Days
Pride
Remote
Kurosagi
Hana Kimi
Jotei
Aishiteiru to Itte Kure
Absolute Boyfriend
Garo
Kamen Rider 555
Brother Beat
Liar Game
Seigi no Mikata
Atashinchi no Danshi
14 Sai No Haha
My Boss, My Hero

Vamkim

sarNie Juvenile
If you want to watch a sad japanese drama, watch ''Sekai no chushin'' AKA ''Crying out love in the center of the world''. Starring Yamada Takayuki and Ayase Haruka.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
man i've been watchin jdramas like nonstop these days.. **coughcough** i paused on my lakorns for some time already lol.. aniwaise some more recommendation..

Proposal Daisokusen - T_T.. i totally loved it.. finished it in 1 day T_T.. gotta love yamapi..

ROOKIES - Makes me totally into baseball.. Wished I had a cool teacher like him .. (the guys are a plus!!!)

Summer Snow - i'm happy i gave this one a shot.. finished it in 2 days.. totally love the cast and story.. T_T

Tokyo Dogs - i'm still waiting for the last ep to be subbed but omg.. i totally love the drama.. you just gotta love shun and hiro in here.. theyre such perfect partners hehe.. it's hilarious n serious at the same time..

Ryusei no Kizuna - Good cast.. Nino, Ryo, and the girl can actually pass as siblings.. i super enjoyed mika nakashima's parts even though it was little.. i cracked up like in every ep.. hehe..

Samurai High School - Miura is a really good actor.. i'm still waiting for all the eps to be subbed.. it's hilarious hehe.. a samurai hehe..

............lots more.. but.. cant think...

C123

sarNie Hatchling
man i've been watchin jdramas like nonstop these days.. **coughcough** i paused on my lakorns for some time already lol.. aniwaise some more recommendation..

Proposal Daisokusen - T_T.. i totally loved it.. finished it in 1 day T_T.. gotta love yamapi..

ROOKIES - Makes me totally into baseball.. Wished I had a cool teacher like him .. (the guys are a plus!!!)

Summer Snow - i'm happy i gave this one a shot.. finished it in 2 days.. totally love the cast and story.. T_T

Tokyo Dogs - i'm still waiting for the last ep to be subbed but omg.. i totally love the drama.. you just gotta love shun and hiro in here.. theyre such perfect partners hehe.. it's hilarious n serious at the same time..

Ryusei no Kizuna - Good cast.. Nino, Ryo, and the girl can actually pass as siblings.. i super enjoyed mika nakashima's parts even though it was little.. i cracked up like in every ep.. hehe..

Samurai High School - Miura is a really good actor.. i'm still waiting for all the eps to be subbed.. it's hilarious hehe.. a samurai hehe..

............lots more.. but.. cant think...
just the opposite of me...i've been really into lakorns these days, and paused my other dramas (korean, japanese and taiwanese especially) ..ok not exactly pause them, but just watch less of them...until......someone from this forum brought to my attention that there is a 'bloody monday 2'
since miura is in there, i'm definitely gonna watch it. XD

and yes, planning to watch samurai high school too! lol...

PS.. the 3 characters from ryusei no kizuna do look like siblings! agree! :p

chandrakumari

sarNie Egg
As my asian drama addiction started with japanese animes and their live action adaption I've seen a few j-dramas which where quite good. These are the ones I watched so far:
Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon
Zettai Kareshi
Hana Kimi
Hana Yori Dango I+II
First Kiss
Mei-Chan no Shitsuji
My girl
Mr. Brain
Tokyo DOGS
Kimi wa Petto
Nobuta wa Produce
Buzzer Beat
Atashinchi no Danshi
Nodame Cantabile

Still watching:
Samurai High School

Somewhere along the way I got sidetracked by taiwanese and korean dramas and recently I started my first lakorn...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ hey c123

is bloody monday good? my sis has been buggin me to watch it but i wasnt sure.. i know miura is a plus though.. argh.. i cant decide lol.. i've paused on my jdramas and started watching lakorns again.. lol..