HMONG ACTORS in GRAN TORINO

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
alrite...tat's cool at least they're Hmong...hey wat about the girl? i hope tat rumor about tat chinese girl isnt' true..i'm excited for tis movie

swt_anjo559

sarNie Egg
I'm excited for this movie, it is about time we see Hmong peeps on the big screen! I hope that it would open more ways to the Hmong peeps!

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
nobody from cali huh?? kinda obvious...most hmongs r in minnesota n wisconsin ne ways

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
Elvis “Elfy� Thao (Milwaukee) is from the band RARE. hopefully they can make something good out of it since they got the role.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh yeah i saw a clip of a sorta t-ser or some sort to their movie...its like an investigating movie...somthin like that

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
my cousin and i was just very curious at how they will portray that "rape" scene. and rumor has it that the role of sue is getting pay 50k. 50,000! dang that's alot of money for somebody who has no previous acting experience. but i guess its worth it for that....gangbang watever they call it r-scene.

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Elvis “Elfy� Thao (Milwaukee) is from the band RARE. hopefully they can make something good out of it since they got the role.
ah..i thought he looked familiar...ehehe...coolness

my cousin and i was just very curious at how they will portray that "rape" scene. and rumor has it that the role of sue is getting pay 50k. 50,000! dang that's alot of money for somebody who has no previous acting experience. but i guess its worth it for that....gangbang watever they call it r-scene.
50,000 tat is a lot...well the pros like Tom Cruise gets sometimes 14 million per one movie..so 50 K. sounds okies...lol i need to be her friend... ;)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
SUPER KOOL .. ehehe xp .. btw does anione know wat the movie is gonna be about? .. my sis is curious hehe xp..

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
SUPER KOOL .. ehehe xp .. btw does anione know wat the movie is gonna be about? .. my sis is curious hehe xp..
Here's a small summary from slashfilm.com:

Walt Kowalski is a widower, a grumpy, tough-minded, borderline-hateful, unhappy man who can’t get along with either his kids or his neighbors, a Korean War veteran whose prize possession is a 1972 Gran Torino he keeps in cherry condition. Drawn against his will into the lives of the Hmong family that lives next door to him, Walt grows increasingly fond of TAO and his sister SUE, and takes steps to protect them from the gangs that foul his neighborhood with their strutting presence.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
i read somewhere on that website.. that the main roles were going to be played by some other people outside of the hmong ethnicity with good acting experience.. because the director is hoping for another oscar..
are the actors for this film already finalized?
lol.
are they saying that hmong people can't act?
just because there are some hidden stars out there..
doesn't mean hmong people can't act.

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
i read somewhere on that website.. that the main roles were going to be played by some other people outside of the hmong ethnicity with good acting experience.. because the director is hoping for another oscar..
are the actors for this film already finalized?
lol.
are they saying that hmong people can't act?
just because there are some hidden stars out there..
doesn't mean hmong people can't act.
Really? From what I've read on the Hmong in Gran Torino site says that all main actors are Hmong.

xxmiss_maixx

sarNie Adult
something fishy is going on. as much as i wanna believe that eastwood is as geniunely down to earth guy, i personally think that he is an oscar hungry man. on the girl whitney's myspace, i was reading one of her comments (yes i'm nosy) and she said that its all a lie. she did not get the role and she was telling her friend who asked her, to not believe it because its all a lie. something is definately fishy. is eastwood trying to do a coverup?

plain_jane

sarNie Hatchling
something fishy is going on. as much as i wanna believe that eastwood is as geniunely down to earth guy, i personally think that he is an oscar hungry man. on the girl whitney's myspace, i was reading one of her comments (yes i'm nosy) and she said that its all a lie. she did not get the role and she was telling her friend who asked her, to not believe it because its all a lie. something is definately fishy. is eastwood trying to do a coverup?
I'm wondering if they're just telling them to hush about it, since they got the roles. Or like you said, Eastwood maybe trying to cover it up!