YANG DAO

mystik_woman

sarNie Egg
do any of you guys know YANG DAO? man i hate this fool so much. wat an a$$

Yang Dao is pretty well known throughout the Hmong community. There's really no reason to hate him. He and GVP have their own vision for us Hmong so we can't really compared them. As children we should give them respect because they are like our father too. Calling him a ass won't help. We need to hear your reason why u have him so much in order to answer your question.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
he's helping the laos government and all that.

here's a little of who he is.

A CALL FOR CALM FROM DR. YANG DAO

Dr. Yang Dao

I am a Hmong educator and scholar from Laos. I received my Ph. D. in social science at the Sorbonne, University of Paris, France, in 1972. During the Provisional Government of Laos (1974-1975), a result of the Vientiane Accords, signed by the Royal Lao Government and the Pathet Lao in February 1973, I was appointed by the King of Laos to the National Political Consultative Council (Laotian Congress). Today I am a U.S. citizen living in Minnesota.

On June 4, 2007, I was traveling abroad when General Vang Pao, a former military officer of the Royal Lao Army, was arrested in California along with a retired U.S. National Guard Lieutenant Colonel and 8 other Hmong local community leaders for "suspected violations of the Neutrality Act, the object of which was to engage in the violent overthrow of the sovereign government of Laos". (See U.S. Federal Court's official press release of June 4, 2007). Upon my return to the United States, I found the Hmong American community in a state of utter confusion.

While I profoundly regret the incident which led to General Vang Pao's being incarcerated in the U.S. federal prison of Sacramento, California (along with his team of the United Front for the National Liberation of Laos - "Neo Hom" in the Lao language), I firmly condemn violence of all forms, wherever it comes from, which threatens the life and security of humanity. However, I hope that the U.S. Federal Court will follow due process and assure that the accused have total access to legal counsel and get a fair trial based on "justice for all" in full respect of the U.S. Constitution.

Today, I make a solemn call for calm to all my Lao-Hmong countrymen living in the United States of America. For all U.S. residents and citizens, ignorance of the law is no excuse. Therefore, I ask each and everyone of you, Lao-Hmong Americans, to act as reasonable and responsible people by respecting our cultural traditions and the U.S. Constitution, which is the foundation of social justice and economic progress for the multi-cultural society of this great nation.

During the Vietnam War (1960-1975), at the request of the Royal Lao Government, the Kennedy Administration could not militarily intervene in Laos, a neutral country, as it did in South Vietnam where hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops were sent to defend the South Vietnamese Government. Instead, Washington sent the C.I.A. to Laos to equip and finance an irregular army, known as Special Guerilla Units (S.G.U.), made up of Lao, Hmong, Khmu, Mien, Lue and other Laotian ethnic groups, which fought a "secret war" under the leadership of the Royal Lao Army. After the Vietnam War ended in catastrophe (in April 1975), the Pathet Lao seized power in Laos (in May 1975). Tens of thousands of Laotians of all ethnic backgrounds began to leave the country to take the road of exile to refugee camps in Thailand. Therefore, the U.S. Government responded

Dr. Yang Dao's Call for Calm

June 22, 2007

to its moral obligation to offer political asylum in the United States to its former allies, the members of the S.G.U. and their families, along with other refugees from Laos.

In order to show our deep gratitude to the local and federal governments of the United States, we, the Laotians of all ethnic backgrounds, must respect the U.S. constitution and laws. As U.S. citizens, we have the duty and responsibility of serving our host nation with devotion and loyalty. All self-proclaimed "Laotian governments" in exile and resistance organizations based in the United States are illegal and must be disbanded immediately. I urge each and everyone of our multi-ethnic Laotian communities in the U.S. (including Lao, Hmong, Khmu, Mien, Thaidam and Lue Americans) to do their best to become productive U.S. citizens, to build a strong relationship with the local American community, and to work together to make this great nation a better place to live as well as to support our U.S. government foreign policy in promoting peace and international cooperation with all nations of the world, including Laos.

Yang Dao, Ph. D.

U.S. citizen and former member

of the National Political Consultative Council

of the Kingdom of Laos

Email: dr.yangdao@comcast.net

credit to: http://hmongtimes.com/main.asp?SectionID=3...&TM=1352.22

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
here's something else i found

Dear my fellow reader,

I am very concern about Hmong and Laotian life in Laos. These website below was the
message that Hmong people opposed Dr. Yang Dao visited Laos in November 2002. Yang
Dao shared his planes for the Communist Laotian how to attack Hmong in Laos. The
Hmong Freedom Fighter also states that Yang Dao linked to the September 11 attacked
in World Trade Center, In New York and linked to many Communist country around the
world. You must listen carefully, then you will understand what is they talk about
Yang Dao. It isn't only Yang Dao, but many other members of Yang Dao too. Yang Dao
told the LPDR that they have to use Hmong people to kill Hmong people that is the
easier way for the Communist laotian to empty Hmong in Laos. Vientanetimes please
post my messages as soon as posible.

Thank you very much for your time.

Doua Vu,

http://www.factfinding.org

http://www.factfinding.org/Streaming/yang_toua_thao.htm

credit to: http://www.neeg.org/emails.217.html

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
he's 100% vietnamese. he's not even hmong. i don't hate him cuz he's viet. i hate him cuz he's working with the laos government and all trying to ruined us hmong peeps and he's a TRAITOR!!! he was lucky enough that a hmong family took him in as their child when no one else wanted him and this is what us hmong peeps get? it's just messed up.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
Subject: Who is Yang Dao?
Resource: Vietianetimes

Dear Lao/Hmong friends:

"As reading your emails arguing each other back and forth about Yang Dao's background, the news reported on Yang Dao's trip to Laos, and his letter to Mr. Robert Armstrong explaining all the good things about Lao communist government now, I know how you all feel and I have the same feeling. The reason of this letter is to clarify Yang Dao's spoiled apple so you all can picture whom he really is. If General Vang Pao had not treated my father that well, I would stay away, clean myself out, and watch you guys bark among yourselves. It has nothing to do with me; however, because of General Vang Pao's generosity and hospitality, it is time to pay back the dept of gratitude in support of my father during our staying in Long Chieng.

My dear fellow Hmong and Lao friends, I realized that most of you don't have any ideas who Yang Dao really is and what nationality he comes from. Let me share with you what is Yang Dao's true background and what kind of dirty activities he has planned for long time to play so you all can have a better and clearer picture.

Yang Dao was a Vietnamese orphan boy. He was born in Dien Bien Phou area in North Vietnam. His real name - I mean his name at birth - was Tran Van Dao;. His biological parents were 100% Vietnamese. Both of his parents were killed during the French War against North Vietnamese in Dien Bien Phou while transporting ammunitions and food to the North Vietnamese troops. Mr. Yang Minou was only Yang Dao's foster parent, not a biological father as many of you think. There was no one took care of Yang Dao after his parents got killed. He was a homeless boy and spent his life on the street. Everyday Yang Dao was begging for saving his life by asking people for food from houses to houses. Even though we - the Thaidam - saw him crying for food, we didn't care to provide him anything because we hated those Vietnamese who conquered our kingdom, the twelve groups Thai or Sip Song Panna along the Black River, and treated us like animals.

One day while Yang Dao was begging for food, Mr. Yang Minou - a best friend of my father - showed up and took him home to feed him. After feeding Yang Dao, Mr. Yang Minou asked who his parents were and where did they live. He told Mr. Yang Minou that his name was Tran Van Dao, his parents were killed while transporting ammunitions to the troops, and there was no one looks after him. Mr. Yang Minou who had a big and hospitality heart decided to adopt Tran Van Dao and gave him a Hmong name, ;Yang Cha;. Mr. Yang Minou put Yang Cha now so-called Yang Dao in the same school I attended with his first son - Yang Toua. While attending school there, all students including me called him Tran Van Dao instead of Yang Cha because everyone knew exactly who he was.

After the French lost the war in Dien Bien Phou, we - the Thaidam and Mr. Yang Minous family along with many Hmong families fled North Vietnam to Laos. We settled in Long Chieng for a while and later relocated to Vientiane, the capital city of Laos leaving Mr. Yang Minous family in Long Chieng with General Vang Pao. While staying in Long Chieng, General Vang Pao treated my father so well. If I were a Hmong, I would have the same support from General Vang Pao as he contributed to Yang Dao. I feel so sorry that I am not a Hmong, but I am very proud of what General Vang Pao had done to support my fathers family. Correct me if I am wrong. If I remembered correctly, General Vang Pao had treated Yang Dao like a king. He gave Yang Dao millions Kips of his own money from his pocket to pay Yang Daos tuition while pursuing his Ph. D. Degree in France. Yang Dao who had no sense of humor or no heart feeling totally forgot that he earned his Ph. D. Degree because of your Hmong great leader, General Vang Pao. He turned his back on you and used his Vietnamese philosophy idea to clean you out one-by-one. Not only that, Yang Dao also forgot me who have been his best friend and best classmate since the first day of his schooling in North Vietnam. I met him several times in Vientiane after he returned from France in 1973, but he totally ignored me.

Because Yang Dao had planned to destroy the Hmong, before pursuing his higher education, he pretended that if he did not change his name, the Lao School Administration wouldn't accept and/or grant him. Mr. Yang Minou who didn't realize Yang Dao's dirty trick agreed to let Yang Dao change his name from Cha to Dao, which was Yang Dao's last name in Vietnamese before he was adopted. My dear Hmong educators, can you picture why Yang Dao did not change the whole name Yang Cha? Allow me to refresh your mind. This clever animal uses one stone to kill two mocking birds. He keeps the name Yang to trick you all that he is a Hmong, and adds Dao back in just to let his fellow Vietnamese friends know that he is still 100% Vietnamese.

Because now Laos is under the control of his North Vietnamese bloody relatives and Yang Dao will have a good chance to suck all the Laotian's blood, he follows every Lao/Hmong footstep to spy on what politic roles Lao/Hmong play in the United States and elsewhere so he can report back to his bloody Communist Vietnamese inside Laos to set up traps to wipe out all Hmong and Lao. That is why Yang Dao took his trip to Laos last November.

My friends, you can argue all you want, but the truth is Yang Dao is not a real Hmong blood. He is a 100% Vietnamese bloody man. Please be advised that Yang Dao has been using you all to plow his rice paddle for many decades. Now comes to the harvest time, he is going to eat you with his new harvest rice. I remember a very good Hmong proverb Yang Toua taught me while going to school together in North Vietnam: "tu qaib ntsuag tau ncej puab while tu tub ntsuag tau yeeb ncuab." Therefore, please be advised that before adopting any pet we should consider our safety of else we will be bitten when s/he is fully grown. Hopefully, this will give you good information "Who Yang Dao really is, and what his root ancestor was."

Srimouane Phonesavanh"

"In the past, General Vang Pao used to accuse Dr. Yang Dao of being the enemy. I kept thinking that the general was falsely accused the Hmong first Ph. D. of things I personally didn't believe he would do. Now, so many years later, everything is proved to be true that the Hmong first Ph. D. is the traitor of the Hmong people. He may be the first Ph. D., but not as smart as we all think he was. The Communist government of Laos has finally brainwashed Yang Dao. He may be a Ph. D., but as far as I am concerned, he is finished and I promise the rest of the Hmong and Laotian that I will shun him. I will never talk to him or want to see his face any more in my life. Here are my reasons:

01. There is no unity, no peace, no human rights, no development, and no changes in Laos. Most of the roads are still the old ones. Many of the roads are being torn-down and no money to rebuild them. Many of the building still got the old paints in the late 60s or early 70s.

The Hmong in Muang Xaisomboun and Laotians in Champassak are still fighting the government. The LPDR refuses to ceasefire. They keep killing innocents, old and young daily in Laos. If there is unity why the LPDR brought in the Vietnamese to fight the Hmong? Why the LPDR refused to negotiate with the Hmong to ceasefire? This proves that there is no unity in Laos. Either Yang Dao will need a thinker eyeglasses to see it clear, or he incorrectly made a untrue statement just to please his LPDR friends so they would let him come home.

02. If if there is unity, why the LPDR government forced all Hmong leaders who fought side by side along with them to retired. The LPDR told Yong Yia Yang, the former Xiengkhouang Provincial Governor to retire or face execution. His younger brother stood for it and they kill him for refusing to give up the position.

If there is unity why the Laotian's ranks and positions are higher and higher, but Hmong go lower and lower? Why Pao Thao, Thao Tou, Vang Tou, Naotou Xiong, Yong Yia Yang, Yongma Moua and other important Hmong leaders have no government positions? Why there is no Hmong General in the army for they were the best fighters during the war?

Even after all these ethnic cleansing in Laos, and Yang Dao still called it unity. Yes, there is unity in Laos among the Lao Communist Party against the Hmong, Khmu, former Laotian Leaders and the Royal family, but there is no unity in anywhere else in Laos. Yang Dao will become the next victim of LPDR.

03. If there is unity, why the LPDR killed Touby Lyfoung and Lee Tek who immediately sided with them in 1975? If Yang Dao thinks he will not face that same execution, he has just made the biggest mistake in his life. He is blind enough to associate with the LPDR while they are killing our people. See what happened to Chaihoua Lee who trust the LPDR who told him that he is welcome to go with them for a visit. If they have not killed him after crossing the border, where is he today?

04. I like to see that Yang Dao will call upon everyone to a national meeting to discuss exactly what did he do in Laos. I like to know exactly he promised the LPDR and they promised him. I like to know exactly he signed with the LPDR and they signed with him. I like to know if Yang Dao is responsible for providing information to the assassinating Pang Kao Her since Pang Kao and Yang Dao are the two top officer of the Chao Fah Political Party. I like to know what did Yang Dao tell the Communist Government. I like to know what job the LPDR assigned to Yang Dao. I like to know what information Yang Dao provided to the LPDR or promised will provide. I like to know the purpose of his trip. I like to know if he cares about the Hmong people who are dying for fighting the Communists. I like to know if Yang Dao is planning to help the LPDR to eliminate the Hmong Freedom Fighters for his own political desire. I like to know what was being discussed and what was being planned to do in the future. I like to know if he is responsible for the missing of Chaihoua Lee and Michael Vang. I like to know if he is responsible for the many past tragedies facing the Neohom Party.

These answers get to be openly, and honestly answered by Yang Dao or the Hmong in the Twin Cities will shun him immediately and will never want to see him or talk to him again. If he is brave enough to go to Laos to share hands with the people who are killing our people, I like to see him stand in front of us and tell us what he did in Vientiane in the past three weeks. Need answer soon as possible

Signed, Yawmxob, new Hmong leader"

credit to: http://www.neeg.org/page21.html

there is so much more to this. click on the website and read it. i'm only posting a few things here.

cecilia

Staff member
he's 100% vietnamese. he's not even hmong. i don't hate him cuz he's viet. i hate him cuz he's working with the laos government and all trying to ruined us hmong peeps and he's a TRAITOR!!! he was lucky enough that a hmong family took him in as their child when no one else wanted him and this is what us hmong peeps get? it's just messed up.
amazingly, this is the same thing i heard.
yeah, i found alot of flaw in his persuasive talk when he did a presentation in UW-Madison.

also, wasn't he sent to study in france b/c of GVP .
at that time, he didn't fight the war, he was over there in France, working as something else.
anyway, if it's not for GVP, Hmong ppl wouldn't have scholars or that we wouldn't have a 2nd chance at life.
i guess, some of us young people take things for granted and disrespect those who brought us here.

Truly, if it's not for GVP, we wouldn't be here today. we'd be raped, murdered or killed.
i hold alot of respect for GVP but that doesn't' conclude that i agree with him 100% on politic matters
until the case are solve, i can't judge what happen base on these evidences of why they incarcerated him.

but yang dao, always fishy around ;)

frog

sarNie Egg
Have you ever consider that the information you read is misleading somehow?

I don't know much about Yang Dao but I'm sure that he's 100% Hmong. I read it somewhere before.
Of course, the materials that I've read might have been misleading too....but I believe that what Yang Dao does is also for the goodwill of the Hmong people.

Vang Pao and Yang Dao...they're about as different as night and day...hell...even both their name is similar but very opposite from one another
Change the V in Vang to Y and you'll get Yang
Change the P in Pao to D and you'll get Dao
LOL

No matter who we try to support, I believe that GVP has helped the Hmong more than YD did. Everyone makes mistakes but I think that the good things that GVP did has more impact than the negatives things that was said/assumed about him.

cecilia

Staff member
^he was born in Vietnam if that help.
As for not being hmong, i heard what i heard, he was ADOPTED.

GVP have a BIG impact on the Hmong ppl.
he's the MARTIN LUTHER KING of Hmong ppl but on a bigger influences. :p
i admire those that use word war more than physical attack -- <--ahaha. totally off topic LOl

cecilia

Staff member
^but b/c your mom is not one of those politicians, ppl target won't be harsh on her as much as a public figure.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
i don't have anything against GVP. i respect him a lot. it's just i don't like YANG DAO. i was reading a letter my brother wrote to yang dao and damn my bro was harsh on him.

moonstar

sarNie Adult
I'm not supporting General Vang Pao or Yang Dao until I see solid evidences. I want to be fair and prevent history from repeating itself. I must see it to believe it, which can be a bad/good thing. Hmong people made many mistakes in the past b/c they listened and believed what others say too much without any supportive evidences. As a science major, I need supportive evidences and so far, there are only letters of what others think or believe. Until there are clear pictures, videos, record conversation, I will not hate or believe that Yang Dao have any bad intentions towards the Hmong people. Even if it turn out later that he is, at least I know I didn't just go to college for nothing and let others talk me into things without reasons. Believe whatever you guys want but that's just my opinion.

cecilia

Staff member
^if you look in history, he have a record there ..
just ask any lao veteran, they'll give you the information on it.
of course, we don't have much in written text, so some might find it hard to believe.
but if 9/10 ppl that know him said the same thing and see some of the event happen according to it, doesn't evidences seem solid there?