May 11th 2009 - 8 am - Last Peace Rally for GVP

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
I live in Sacramento, CA and I do not support this "LAST" peace rally or whatever they're calling it this time.
Therefore i am not going. **** Hate me all you want people but this is my opinion.

First of all, I think GVP and the rest of the men are guilty for what they did. I can be wrong but
from what i heard and know from reading the newspaper. They have evidences of GVP and the men plotting to take over Laos.
They found information, on what to do on each day. And they even found guns at one of the men house too. There, I cannot support such violent people. Can you?

I am Hmong and i respect my people and GVP but if you are wrong for what you did or plan to do and even get "CAUGHT",
I will not support you at all. These types of contradicting act is what cause non-Hmong to disrespect us.

And for what i know, most Hmong parents are forcing their kids to go to Monday's Rally, when they have school.
What happen to education? lol this is ridiculous. Hmong parents who does not know much english has no idea what is going on, for all they care is, GVP brought them to the U.S so they need to go support him on Monday.

Did they stop and think, what he (they) did was wrong????

**On the other hand, I also understand why GVP did what he did. To help the Hmong people in the Jungle from
getting killed??? I hope so..

I hope that is the only reason, rather than to take over laos and try to take what was never ours.

So, this is my opinion... What's yours? are you going to the Rally? supporting the rally, yes or no?

:D

mvshutters

sarNie Egg
I live in Sacramento, CA and I do not support this "LAST" peace rally or whatever they're calling it this time.
Therefore i am not going. **** Hate me all you want people but this is my opinion.

First of all, I think GVP and the rest of the men are guilty for what they did. I can be wrong but
from what i heard and know from reading the newspaper. They have evidences of GVP and the men plotting to take over Laos.
They found information, on what to do on each day. And they even found guns at one of the men house too. There, I cannot support such violent people. Can you?

I am Hmong and i respect my people and GVP but if you are wrong for what you did or plan to do and even get "CAUGHT",
I will not support you at all. These types of contradicting act is what cause non-Hmong to disrespect us.

And for what i know, most Hmong parents are forcing their kids to go to Monday's Rally, when they have school.
What happen to education? lol this is ridiculous. Hmong parents who does not know much english has no idea what is going on, for all they care is, GVP brought them to the U.S so they need to go support him on Monday.

Did they stop and think, what he (they) did was wrong????

**On the other hand, I also understand why GVP did what he did. To help the Hmong people in the Jungle from
getting killed??? I hope so..

I hope that is the only reason, rather than to take over laos and try to take what was never ours.

So, this is my opinion... What's yours? are you going to the Rally? supporting the rally, yes or no?

:D

I have no affiliation with Hmong politics nor any other political party--but i would like to say that what he is innocent until proven guilty. The great thing about being in America is you can be accuse of doing the worse thing but will remain innocent until proven guilty. His charges are pretty significant in the fact that plotting to take over another county is illegal and against what many Americans believe in. If he is found guilty he will probably be in jail for the rest of dying days--no parole what so ever. As far as the men that are in this case with him they will all receive similar sentences if found guilty.

I will not go to the rally in Monday because I think it is pointless. The Hmong people should have petition and rally at their own district meetings, town hall meetings, policy meetings, etc after this incident happen. Rallying in front of a facility, court, etc will not do any good for him because the official will not take the rally seriously. If the hmong people wanted to make a different they should have ask their policy makers, city councilmen, legislatures to inquired on the incident. I personally think is it a little to late for anyone to help him now. It will be up to the mercy of the jury and the judge in charge. He and his men better pray that they have a good defense team on their side.

Its funny how people always give him x amount of money on a fiscal basis. But you know what now that money can no longer help him. Hmong people tend to forget that when it comes to law in America cannot buy your freedom. This country is not like Thailans, Laos, Vietnam--where you can buy your freedom or bribe people.

zhaolinger

sarNie Hatchling
My family went to all of the last rally for GVP and the Hmong people in Laos and Thailand, and we will go to this one too. No matter who you are in this world. There are some people that love you and some that hate you. Good or bad you know yourself better than anyone else. I am Hmong, and I will always going to be Hmong. This is all that I need to say.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i honestly think that he was not trying to take over the Lao government and make that country ours. i believe that the thing that made him take action is because, he made a promise to the people in Laos that he will protect them and that he will bring them to America.

many refugees and people upin Laos really believe and trust him, and they are hoping for him to actually keep his promise.

For GVP to make this kind of promise and have sooo many supporters, he can't just sit back and relax...this is a serious promise that he made and has to keep..

so that's why he got all the weapons to go back and help the people. BUT ALSO, u have to know that GVP has always been a general and worshiped only as a general and savior by the people, to have people build you up so much and have such a high rep, so it's either him doing it for his people or depending on the americans.

if i put myself in his situation, i would do the same thing too honestly

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
all the Hmong OGs think that the rally is to save the Hmong people's face.
it obviously is not.
of course GVP and his team of men are innocent until proven guilty.
i just have a feeling that a lot of the OGs are going to have heart attacks if he's proven guilty.
so.. what do i think of the whole rally thing?
what GVP and the men did is considered as terrorism..
which.. hmong OGs don't understand..
as for the rallies..
i went to 2 of them during the summer of 2007...
i can't really say that i was there to support GVP and the men..
i went just to be there.. and to see what was going on..
and of course.. to go window shopping at the westfield shopping center.. lol.
but to be on the serious side.. i have better things to be doing on monday morning..
i'm going to my classes. so.. have fun to those who go..
i think my parents are going.. not too sure.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
i love politics :D

but i feel that it's much more than what the reporters say.
dont always follow with what the reporters say, they have to report their views,
you should look at every view too.

imagine, what if you're a girl in the jungle,
know nothing about the outside world, eat roots everyday,
the first thing you learn is to be quiet in case you get caught,
you need to learn how to hide,
and you know that your brother, father, cousins may not come back after they go looking for food.
you become the next generation of chao fas.

that life is hard to even imagine.
and that's what GVP is fighting for.

missing school on a monday is fine.
how will things ever get done if civil society never mobilize?
just like when Martin Luther King and others rallied for civil rights,
you think they took into consideration if they were gonna miss one class?
that goal they are fighting for is more than that.

how will rights and things get passed if us hmong rather just sit in school,
and not exercise our right of telling the government how we feel?

i think for GVP and others to resort to violence and guns is wrong,
but you have to think why they went that way and not the other.
the hmong people are fighting a three sided war. Laos, Thailand, and the USA.
no one wants to help us, when you have no other solution, it's only rational that you pick the next option you have.

i feel that young hmong generations only see how the 'OGs' complain about this and that,
but we didn't run from guys with guns and bursting bombs like our parents did,
it matters more to them, and it should even matter more to us.
if we love our parents, how can we just shed off their history for our ipods, mp3s and act like it's their own problems and not ours?

i think young hmongs who dont understand the whole thing makes different decisions.
i dont know everything, but i know somethings.
and i know that hmong people will never get anywhere if we're scared to speak up about being treated fairly.

i myself wont go to the rally, but that doesnt mean im not supportive.
how did Cesar Chavez get rights for the farmers?
how did Martin Luther King get rights for all races/ethnicity?
it takes time and effort, and a lot of support.
one voice matters.

sorry. i just rant.
i might not make sense.
*rants*

take care y'all.

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
^^ i don't know about other people...
but i'm not going to miss my class on monday to go to the rally.
high school is fine.. but not in college. lol.
one of my big presentations is scheduled for that morning..
no. i'm not being selfish..
i just think it's ridiculous..
if GVP wanted to help the hmong who are still hiding and running in the jungles
he should have united the hmong community to rally and march first..
rather then forming his POPCORN operation thing..
GVP cannot be compared to MLK JR..
just my thoughts...

cecilia

Staff member
my dad's heading to the rally too. have nothing against him nor support him, i do appreciate the things he does ..
just wanna add that we should not jump to conclusion unless he's proven guilty -- otherwise.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult

dont always follow with what the reporters say, they have to report their views,

and you know that your brother, father, cousins may not come back after they go looking for food.

no one wants to help us, when you have no other solution, it's only rational that you pick the next option you have.

i feel that young hmong generations only see how the 'OGs' complain about this and that,
if we love our parents, how can we just shed off their history for our ipods, mp3s and act like it's their own problems and not ours?

i think young hmongs who dont understand the whole thing makes different decisions.
and i know that hmong people will never get anywhere if we're scared to speak up about being treated fairly.

one voice matters.

sorry. i just rant.
i might not make sense.
*rants*

take care y'all.

i totally understand and agree with you on this concept! we, as the younger generation, live a very happy life not having to live like our parents or grandparents who came from Laos or Thailand. becuz we don't have that experience and only the western life, we don't feel that connected to the OGs or even GVP.

that's why we'd rather not associate ourselves with their issues and just live our own life. i feel thats how it is with almost every hmong person. we never unite and can never work with one another to reach a goal becuz there's always excuses and people don't have the same goals. we all say we do, but we dont. we cant ever see eye to eye.

lady_sati

sarNie Adult
true, GVP cant be compared to MLK JR,
but it's gotta start somewhere.
we live in a world now where people can afford to not care about hmong people.
in a sense, they're both trying to find a way for basic civil liberties,
GVP especially for those still in southeast asia.

it's harder for hmong communities to rally i think.
cause the younger generation dont give a rats as*.
on the reals.
okay, some.
i think after our parents' generation pass,
and those who were really in the war pass,
our young generation will have nothing but words.
words, but sometimes no knowledge.

*rants*

good luck to those who are going to the rally.
and study well for those who aren't.

take care y'all.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i honestly think that he was not trying to take over the Lao government and make that country ours. i believe that the thing that made him take action is because, he made a promise to the people in Laos that he will protect them and that he will bring them to America.

many refugees and people upin Laos really believe and trust him, and they are hoping for him to actually keep his promise.

For GVP to make this kind of promise and have sooo many supporters, he can't just sit back and relax...this is a serious promise that he made and has to keep..

so that's why he got all the weapons to go back and help the people. BUT ALSO, u have to know that GVP has always been a general and worshiped only as a general and savior by the people, to have people build you up so much and have such a high rep, so it's either him doing it for his people or depending on the americans.

if i put myself in his situation, i would do the same thing too honestly
i would do the same thing but not in such a "Violent" way.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

one voice matters.

sorry. i just rant.
i might not make sense.
*rants*

take care y'all.
GVP and the other men could've solve this problem in a different way to help the Hmong in the jungle,
but they chose this path. and again, we live in America therefore we go by their law.

:D have a nice day!

s395299

sarNie Egg
YM gurl I agree with everything you've just said. I feel the same way. What they were trying to do is clearly against the law because they were trying to overthrow a government. I know why they want to do it, come on I'm Hmong too but I don't think they will be gertting out of this. I will be really suprised if they did.

The thing I'm upset about is that I have a feeling a Hmong person snitched them out. I'm just so sick of Hmong people doing that to each other. Also what I don't get is how come the U.S. government didn't catch on to what they were planning on doing until last year. Because if I remeber correctly where ever GVP went he always talked about getting Laos back because it's "originally ours" anyways. He made those speeches every where he went.

Last year I went to a few rallys and I totally forgot why I went...cant remeber why...

Seriously we youngsters need to knock some sense into the og's.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
YM gurl I agree with everything you've just said. I feel the same way. What they were trying to do is clearly against the law because they were trying to overthrow a government. I know why they want to do it, come on I'm Hmong too but I don't think they will be gertting out of this. I will be really suprised if they did.

The thing I'm upset about is that I have a feeling a Hmong person snitched them out. I'm just so sick of Hmong people doing that to each other. Also what I don't get is how come the U.S. government didn't catch on to what they were planning on doing until last year. Because if I remeber correctly where ever GVP went he always talked about getting Laos back because it's "originally ours" anyways. He made those speeches every where he went.

Last year I went to a few rallys and I totally forgot why I went...cant remeber why...

Seriously we youngsters need to knock some sense into the og's.

Yep, i would be surprised too if they are proven not guilty, either way. i will be suprise. lols

And yes, Hmong people always snitch each other out cuz everyone wants to be leader or whatever they call it.
good thing, we dont have a country. :D cuz if we did, war will be going on right now.

oh yeah, since you mention about his speech, i was just wondering. he probably planned this all along.
i can be wrong, but it do seem like it. hahahaa

the speech he always make, "One day, we will go back to our country," lol

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
if i remember correctly..
they were dealing arms with an undercover guy anyways.
so even if they were not snitched out..
they would have been busted anyways..

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
i keep hearing that we should have gone about another way to help those in the jungles, but seriously, what are the other ways? can ne one tell me other ways that this situation couldve gone about?

also, i think that when GVP says take back 'our country' translated peb lub teb chaws, it doesn't literally mean take over Laos and make it into a Hmong country. it means to make it so that we can actually live there in peace without having to be killed or fear for our lives.

in hmong history, we have always immigrated from China to Indochina, to Southeast Asia due to political, economic, and cultural issues with the dominant culture. settling in Laos and living there has been one of the best experiences for the elder generations and they call it their homes.

do u think that our elder generations here in america, if they were to go back to Laos, would they be living in the city with all the others? I dont think so, our country are the mountains or hills in Laos. that is what they mean when theyre talking about peb lub teb chaws. a place for them to live freely and farm like the old days.

some would like to live in the city, but u can't say that all would.

superwoman

sarNie Egg
But you know what now that money can no longer help him. Hmong people tend to forget that when it comes to law in America cannot buy your freedom. This country is not like Thailans, Laos, Vietnam--where you can buy your freedom or bribe people.
I got to laugh for a moment. Okay. In fact you CAN buy freedom; it's just that in GVP's case, he can't.

"remain innocent until proven guilty" --> sometimes it is really a lame right. There is this girl that was drinking and driving, killed 1 person and injured 4 people. There are evidence but she so believes that she was not at fault and that is where "remain innocent until proven guilty" comes in... so I am not so sure yet cause I haven't been updated on it.

Back to GVP, I never liked the dude. Yeah he brought many Hmong people to the United States but still he ain't the only one yet it seems like he is the only one. I have seen greater and better leader in the Hmong Community than GVP but yet they are not known just due to the fact that they weren't the one who brought the Hmong people to the United States. Okay enough of my venting but I understand where he is coming from but think about it... he is like those who are killing the Hmong people in the jungle. So you are going to use violent to attack your enemies (that will just lead to more vengence) Okay BRAVO. That doesn't make you any better than those dirty and heartless communist.