* Title: 동이 (同伊) / Dong Yi
* Also known as: Dawn
* Genre: Historical
* Episodes: 60
* Broadcast network: MBC
* Broadcast period: 2010-Mar-22 to 2010-Sep-7
* Air time: Monday & Tuesday 21:55

Synopsis

Set during the reign of King Sukjong in the Joseon dynasty, the story focuses on Dong Yi, a water maid who gains the trust of Queen Inhyeon and later the favour of the king when he is moved by her prayers for the health of the Queen during the court disputes caused by Jang Hee Bin. Dong Yi becomes a concubine with the rank of sook-bin and bears a son who will later become the 21st king of Joseon, Yeongjo.

(c) dramawiki

--- will come back to add other info----

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
i'll come back to add other stuff later..

anyways .. omg.. i just gave this drama a shot and omg.. im bawling like crazy waahhh... and im barely on ep 3 too.. but it's so good.. *sniffsniff*

Bae Soo Bin is such a great actor.. T_T

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ yes ceci yes!!!
so far from the eps i've watched it's good!!!

i've loved hhj eversince iljimae ^_^.. bsb.. i've loved him eversince .. then lmao.. jjh ever since jewel in the palace.

im really loving the cast ^________________________________________________________^

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
im been watching this drama before and after school when i come back from college.. and im barely on ep 17 lol..

anyways.. i like the storyline so far.. but i feel that han hyo joo gets caught too much.. but it's still good ^___^..

ji jin hee plays such a funny king lol.. u just gotta love him ehehe..

bae soo bin.. gosh.. you see so little of him T_T.. im not satisfied.. >_<

cecilia

Staff member
[Aiko -- i skip a part 37 to 44 .. so she has two pregnancy?

so sad how they poison DY's first son -- i cried my eyes out when she went out looking for the herb to help cure her son but return to hear the sad news that he pass away === break my heart when she sat there all dark, crying while holding onto her precious little prince. T_T ..

I'm glad she's pregnant again and gave birth to the 2nd prince -- wanna see how the story going to unfold.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
T_____T waaahhhhh ceci!!! wahhhh!! T_T..
ahhh i've been delaying myself from watching this because i knew there was gonna be troubles and sadness coming up .. since i left on ep 39 or 40.. but omg.. that is so freaken sad!!!!! ahhhhhhhh!!!!! poor child T_T... oowwwaahhhhh!!!!!!

cecilia

Staff member
^oh, sorry, i didn't mean to spoil it for you .. but yeah, it was so sad seeing her holding onto his tiny body after she rush in to see him. it's so sad.

i can't wait to watch episode 47 & 48.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol it's ok ceci.. i still havent caught up to that part yet since my internet was down.. and because i know what's gonna happen, i'll be more aware now.. you don't know how much i cried for this drama lol..

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
this drama is so good! and so sad!...i cry my eyes out when queen inhyeon died! she was my favorite character in here...there were so much memorable scene of queen inhyeon that i like so much...

rainie_vang

sarNie Juvenile
Actually it's 60 episodes...
..but it's all worth it!!!
Bae Soo Bin is so CUTE!!!
He makes the movie so much
more interesting and I feel
so much at ease when he's
present!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lmao.. i feel so bad.. i haven't caught up on this drama.. but then again i remembered that if i do get caught up.. it was gonna be sad lmao.. i guess i'm still not ready to finish it lmao.. whoo..

^ and yeah.. i'll change it to 60..

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
lol.. call me crazy but.. i totally stopped on this drama when i found out she was gonna lose her baby T_T.. im still not prepared to watch that part and finish this serie T_T..