Hmong celebs that will be coming to Fresno HNY this year...

missyx

sarNie Egg
Folks going to Fresno NY, you'll have Vixay Yang (Xais Yaj), Tsawb Yaj, Maiv Xyooj, Amanda Vang, Txhiaj Hawj..... and more..

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I heard there will be two Hmong New Years held in Fresno this year due to a dispute. So which event are the stars going to attend?

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
they will attend HINY and I'm excited about Maiv Xis Muas coming. Can't wait to see her!!!! again, only at HINY!!!!

UPDATE 12-24-10

International Special Guests
Cha Her, Thailand -Legend of Chao Fa: Vaj Tuam Thawj
•Xai Yang, Thailand -Legend of Chao Fa: Vaj Tuam Thawj
•Lee Yang, China -Singer
Mai See Moua, Laos -Singer
Paj Nyiag Vang, Laos -Singer

Guest Singers
•Chue Vang
•Ciaj Sia Lee
•Doua Pao Xiong
•Mab Sua Lis
•Mai Lee Lor
•Mai Xiong
•Mao Xiong
•Npib Vwj
•Thai Vang
•Tsawb Yaj
•Tuam Yaj
•Vib Xais Yaj
•Vixiam Moua

Guest Bands
•Hmong International Band
•KZ Band
•Mos Hlub Band
•Num Phou Thai Band
•Raven Band
•Sounders Band
•Ya Nrog Cua Band

missyx

sarNie Egg
they will attend HINY and I'm excited about Maiv Xis Muas coming. Can't wait to see her!!!! again, only at HINY!!!!

UPDATE 12-24-10

•Lee Yang, China -Singer

Guest Singers
•Chue Vang
•Ciaj Sia Lee
•Doua Pao Xiong
•Mab Sua Lis
•Mai Lee Lor
•Mai Xiong
•Mao Xiong
•Npib Vwj
•Thai Vang
•Tsawb Yaj
•Tuam Yaj
•Vib Xais Yaj
•Vixiam Moua

Guest Bands
•KZ Band
•Mos Hlub Band
•Num Phou Thai Band
•Raven Band
•Sounders Band
•Ya Nrog Cua Band
that is def more than enough hmong singers/celebs! why 2 nys this yr? that is so crazy. hmong ppls need to keep the tradition & only do one ny.

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling

UPDATE 12-24-10

•Lee Yang, China -Singer

Guest Singers
•Chue Vang
•Ciaj Sia Lee
•Doua Pao Xiong
•Mab Sua Lis
•Mai Lee Lor
•Mai Xiong
•Mao Xiong
•Npib Vwj
•Thai Vang
•Tsawb Yaj
•Tuam Yaj
•Vib Xais Yaj
•Vixiam Moua

Guest Bands
•KZ Band
•Mos Hlub Band
•Num Phou Thai Band
•Raven Band
•Sounders Band
•Ya Nrog Cua Band
Are the international guests going to perform on the main stage?
•Lee Yang, China -Singer

HuabNag

sarNie Adult
that is def more than enough hmong singers/celebs! why 2 nys this yr? that is so crazy. hmong ppls need to keep the tradition & only do one ny.

traditionally a village can have more than one places for pov pob and sport during ny..so i think it's okay to have two. the hmong international ny had hold for a decade so its time to change..

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
I think what made Hmong New Year in Fresno special was that all Hmong (even other ethnicity) from world wide come and gather in this one place. Where everyone meet and greet, sometimes meeting people you haven't seen in years or ages. Now it's not as special. Having two Hmong New Year in Fresno, we can't call it "Hmong International New year" anymore, especially when we are separated and not socially formed.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Folks going to Fresno NY, you'll have Vixay Yang (Xais Yaj), Tsawb Yaj, Maiv Xyooj, Amanda Vang, Txhiaj Hawj..... and more..

omg. vixay yaj is here?! do you know if there's going to be a party or not haha
With this many singers, there has to be one.

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
I was watching one of Xais Yaj's video on YT. Word is that is he married to Hmong-Mekas Lee girl, that's why he's here in the states. One more Hmong guy singer off the market girls!

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
I was watching one of Xais Yaj's video on YT. Word is that is he married to Hmong-Mekas Lee girl, that's why he's here in the states. One more Hmong guy singer off the market girls!
Yes, Vixay Yang (if thats who u meant) is married to a Lee girl here in the US :) he's been here for a year now!

and there's also word going on that Xai Yang (the girl with Cha Her in the Legend of Chao Fa)...
She's married to her sponsor guy or the director of their Legend of Chao Fa Movie... Sorry, I don't know his name. I think it's Paul Hu Vang or something like that. the guy who made, "nplooj siab khaub lig cua"

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Yes, Vixay Yang (if thats who u meant) is married to a Lee girl here in the US :) he's been here for a year now!

and there's also word going on that Xai Yang (the girl with Cha Her in the Legend of Chao Fa)...
She's married to her sponsor guy or the director of their Legend of Chao Fa Movie... Sorry, I don't know his name. I think it's Paul Hu Vang or something like that. the guy who made, "nplooj siab khaub lig cua"

Er...gross really Xai Yang is really married to her sponsor/director Pao Hu Vang? As soon as they land in America they all manage to snatch a hubby/wifey. I also heard that Cha Her is engaged to this Hmong-American girl that is showing him around that's also related to Pao Hu Vang. Don't know if it's true tho.

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
Er...gross really Xai Yang is really married to her sponsor/director Pao Hu Vang? As soon as they land in America they all manage to snatch a hubby/wifey. I also heard that Cha Her is engaged to this Hmong-American girl that is showing him around that's also related to Pao Hu Vang. Don't know if it's true tho.

Cha Her is not engage to this Hmong Meskas girl, he IS MARRIED to this Hmong Meskas girl. They got married before the Fresno New Year. She's from MN and I'm not really sure how they met. Her mom said that Pao Hu Vang wanted to pair him up or just to have a girl show him around or something... and so they found Gao Chee Yang (whos mother own a hair salon at the market place in st. paul - which was where they came to look for someone to pair him up). I guess they fell in love instantly, but she just graduated from high school and shes still young. He plans on going back to Thailand and make more movies...

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
To have come to the U.S. and know no one and have someone show and chaperon you around of course you're going to be attach to them. All I can say is he was at a vulnerable state which anyone could had taken advantage of it.

Plus I don't like the thought of thinking because he spent most of the time with her the elders think it's appropriate for marriage. Not only that she could took him all night long and at the end, marriage is thrown upon him because of this. :nailbiter:

About Xais Yaj, it's not a surprise that a director/producer/sponsor would get involved with their prominent actor/actress. I wish this could stop, with Hmong people thinking of marriage 24/7. Being a Bachelor or Bachelorette isn't a bad thing. Yet for Hmong people they think if your an old single person there must be something wrong with you. And they praise young underage girl when they get pregnant and married.

mrshejunxiang

sarNie Hatchling
Here's a vdo of the new year in MN...
i was looking at ny vdo and saw that this one had Cha Her and his wife... u see them around 3 minute in. she's the girl in Thai or Lao clothing next to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3-t1ytYjqM

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Is she also this girl in Hmong clothes that is taller than Xai Yang? She's still looksl young and somewhat Americanized. Wonder why she decided to marry/engage to a MTT guy, I mean besides that he's a good actor, it's gonna be her that's gonna support him if they do get/are married. Are Hmoob-Mekas guys not interesting? Always wonder especially when the Hmoob-Mekas girl is still young and not really an OG lady. For me personally, I would never think about marrying MTT/HTT or Hmoob-Nplog guys, I would be taking care of him all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WzmfWQXzbE

ayang874

sarNie Hatchling
Plus I don't like the thought of thinking because he spent most of the time with her the elders think it's appropriate for marriage. Not only that she could took him all night long and at the end, marriage is thrown upon him because of this. :nailbiter:

About Xais Yaj, it's not a surprise that a director/producer/sponsor would get involved with their prominent actor/actress. I wish this could stop, with Hmong people thinking of marriage 24/7. Being a Bachelor or Bachelorette isn't a bad thing. Yet for Hmong people they think if your an old single person there must be something wrong with you. And they praise young underage girl when they get pregnant and married.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would hate to be a female entertainer that is touring in the US under the "supervision" of my producer. People would assume you're loose because most prodcuers are OGs and you're still a maiden. [It didn't seem like Xai Yang has a female companion/chaperon with from Thailand, only Cha with her]. My distant uncle sponsored Xis Lauj to tour the US and she just ended up as his mistress/ plaything. He didn't really marry her but they slept at hotels most days. I think he just ended up ditching her back to Laos. Her parents probably thought she was a total disgrace but IDK becuz those parents over there are also training their sons and daughters to snatch Hmoob-Mekas hubby and wifey and as much money as they can.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
i knew it that it's that girl that everyone is talking about. Her name is Mai Chie Yang something like that and she was in the pageant last year.

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
Yeah, I know what you mean. I would hate to be a female entertainer that is touring in the US under the "supervision" of my producer. People would assume you're loose because most prodcuers are OGs and you're still a maiden. [It didn't seem like Xai Yang has a female companion/chaperon with from Thailand, only Cha with her]. My distant uncle sponsored Xis Lauj to tour the US and she just ended up as his mistress/ plaything. He didn't really marry her but they slept at hotels most days. I think he just ended up ditching her back to Laos. Her parents probably thought she was a total disgrace but IDK becuz those parents over there are also training their sons and daughters to snatch Hmoob-Mekas hubby and wifey and as much money as they can.
I thought I was the only one who thinks that way that parents over there trains their kids to be money hungry and snatchers. People probably think I'm just hating.