sarNie Egg

Details
  • Title: 응답하라 1997 / Eungdabhara 1997
  • Also known as: Answer to 1997 / Reply 1997
  • Genre: Youth, sitcom
  • Episodes: 16
  • Broadcast network: tvN
  • Broadcast period: 2012-Jul-24 to 2012-Sep-11
  • Air time: Tuesday 23:00 (2 episodes back to back)
Synopsis

This drama will focus on the extreme fan culture that emerged in the 1990s when idol groups took center stage and K-pop was blossoming.
It tells the story of 6 former high school friends from a school in Busan who meet again in 2012 and brings back memories to 1997 when they were still high school students. Moving back and forth between the ’90s and today, the story centers on the life of Sung Si Won (Jung Eun Ji), who idolizes boyband H.O.T., and her 5 high school friends. --KimchiDrama

Cast

Main Cast
Cr: DramaWiki

You can catch it here or here.​

cloudie

sarNie Egg
For a cable sitcom-drama, this one is doing really well with ratings. Despite the fact that most of the actors are newbies and idols, they are doing a great job, especially A Pink's Eunji. There are lots of plot twist everywhere and you can't help but ship every couple they throw at you. This drama also gives you one of the most heartbreaking love triangle/square (well to me lol). You can't help but root for every character to have their happy ending even though deep down you know they can never be with the one they like/love.

Another awesome thing about this drama is that they speak in Busan satoori (dialect) which makes it even better. Give this drama a try even if you may not like it like I do.

tvN is becoming my next favorite channel since QIHM, INR and etc...

fun

Expired Sarnie
haha I was just gonna post this but someone beat me to it. oh my goodness. so heartbreaking. I ship inguk and hoya!!!

cloudie

sarNie Egg
This drama has bumped up to my list of favorites, maybe even making itself there in first place :D

I'm glad all the characters got their happily ending, and even though that mysterious person in the red car is unknown, I'm just happy Joonhee is happy. Although I can't fix my broken heart which ached for Joonhee to be with Yoonjae, but at least they're both happy with the person they love. I am amazed that these actors were mostly idols and did such a great job from start to finish. I already miss the cast and the drama T_T

The drama peaked @ 9% in viwers rating, which is extremely high for a cable drama since 1% is already consider high. It has also been first in it's time slot as well. tvN is trully doing an amazing job!!!

Will there ever be such a drama like this that pulls at my heart strings? Answer me, 1997 lol