Favorite Playback Singer

cecilia

Staff member
i have a lot ..
Male: Udit Narayan, Kumar Sanu, Atif Aslam, KK, Shaan, Sonu Nigam and Kunal Ganjawala.
Female: Lata Mangeshkar, Alka Yagnik, Shreya Goshal, Sunidhi Chauhan, Mahalakshmi Lyer and the Pandit Sisters: Shweta & Shrraddha.

mia07

Introvert
Ai-yah, I have too many... (not in any order)

Alka Yagnik
Shreya Goshal
Sonu Nigam
Udit Narayan
Kumar Sanu
Lata Mangeshkar
Javed Ali

I'm sure there are more, but these are my most favorites. Kinda off topic a bit, but when you guys were younger have you thought that the main leads were the real singers instead? I actually did. Haha. I know some Bollywood stars are singers too, but most of the time Udit and Kumar would be chosen as the pra'ek's voice and Alka Yagnik would be for the na'ek and I could never tell the difference. All I knew was the pranangs could sing. Hehehe.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
My MOST FAVORITE PLAYBACK SINGER IS...no surprise:ALK YAGNIK!!
She really has the most beautiful voice ever. I like everyone of her songs. If there's a Bollywood song that's sung by AY I will definitely listen to it...even if the song itself isn't so great.
For males I'd have to say: Udit Narayan and Kumar Sanu.

mia07

Introvert
Lately, Arijit Singh has become a new favorite of mines. His voice is so soothing and so darn beautiful. It's something about his voice that gives me an unexplainable feeling of content. Lol.. This song has been on replay most of the time since I have first heard it which was like 3 wks ago. The video is kinda weird though lol but the song is just beautiful and the melody made it twice as better.
http://youtu.be/RazuWp5kSHk

The female version is good too - love Shreya as always.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z94w_yIDNu8

I made a teaser of it as well. Just had too. ^ ^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5abbAoPHKg

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
I love many playback singers some of my fav male singers are Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan, Mohit Chauhan, and Atif Aslam, etc. As for female Shreya is the best also love Sunidhi Chauhan, Alka Yagnik and some more but I dont know/forgot their names. lol 

OhMAIVdarling I see u are a huge Salman Asin fan I checked some of ur SKAT VMs love ur work!! I agree Arjit voice is nice and unique. Lately BW is crazy for him too almost all the hit songs r by him. lol I love Raabta by him maybe a few more but I can't remember. 

mia07

Introvert
MM4ever said:
I love many playback singers some of my fav male singers are Udit Narayan, Sonu Nigam, Shaan, Mohit Chauhan, and Atif Aslam, etc. As for female Shreya is the best also love Sunidhi Chauhan, Alka Yagnik and some more but I dont know/forgot their names. lol 

OhMAIVdarling I see u are a huge Salman Asin fan I checked some of ur SKAT VMs love ur work!! I agree Arjit voice is nice and unique. Lately BW is crazy for him too almost all the hit songs r by him. lol I love Raabta by him maybe a few more but I can't remember. 
Thanks! Honestly I just became a fan not too long ago lol when I first watched Ready when it came out, I didn't see that 'click' btween them then until I went to watch London Dreams and rewatched Ready again then finally it hit me. Altho both weren't the best movies out there, they had chemistry. What made me love them even more was their offscreen friendship and interviews. The onscreen is just a plus. They are my latest obsession haha I didnt know Asin that well too until I went to watch some of her Tamil films.

Agree, Arijit has become a popular singer nowadays. When I saw Aashiqui 2 and heard his songs then, immediately fell in love especially Tum Hi Ho and when I found out he sung Kabhi Jo Badal, I was in love all over again haha..

lubsiab08

sarNie Hatchling
@OhMAIVdarlin' I've seen both London Dreams and Ready, but didn't like it. I loved Asin in Ghajini that was the best film of her I've seen.  
Tumhi Ho that song is so popular, but I'm not really a fan of it. I do like the song, but it just doesn't hit me hard to like it. Nowadays, I dont really watch Bollywood films I have lost the connection w/ the newbies lol My favorite actresses Aishwarya and Amrita r fading from the screen and none of the directors casting my favorite jodi Shahid Amrita. Bollywood just not the same anymore to me but I still follow up w/ the latest news. The last Bollywood I've seen was Krishh. I'm currently focusing on the new Indian show Beintehaa love the show alot obsessed w/ the jodi Zain Aliya aka Zaya.
So what's the latest Bollywood film have u seen or any new Bollywood film u r looking forward to?  

mia07

Introvert
Is your YT username bwfan87? I don't like any of these newbies either but I still read news here and there. The movies are too westernized and the stories are not as good. Even if they are, they are a 'one time watch' films only unlike in the past where I can rewatch and still enjoy them. I still follow Salman's works - been a huge fan since I was little but lately his films are following the same trend, too. Latest film I watched was Jai Ho and it was alright. I don't see why Daisy Shah was needed in there cuz she has minimum screen time and was basically a waste, but I guess if there's a hero then there's a heroine. Since I don't pay attention to any other newbies, Asin's new film is what I am looking forward so far for this yr. Ghajini has been her only best wrk in BW and she hasn't been signing a lot of films either. I hope to see more of her films but in a better role cuz her movies after Ready, it seems like she was just there for the sake of just to be seen. I liked Kaavalan and she did really well in there. She may not have many good films yet but she has that charm and personality which makes me like her and plus, she doesn't do any onscreen kissing and is quite conservative which I like as well. Kissing in BW is so overrated lol