[JDRAMA] Itazura na Kiss - Love in Tokyo

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
So... Japan will be doing a remake of this popular manga.. There was one back in 1996, but I forgot if that drama did relate much to the manga... (hmm.. trying to recall)

Anyways, this manga has been made into dramas in Taiwan & Korea.. and this will be Japan's second remake..  as for the cast... I don't know them... hmmm.. but I hope this version will be successful.. because I usually like Japanese doing manga/anime adaptations..

http://www.tokyohive.com/2013/03/itazura-na-kiss-to-get-a-live-action-drama-adaptation-once-again/

credit tokyohive

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Hmm. I'm not really digging the cast. I don't know who they are too. And dang! She's only 16 years old? -_- 555 I guess. We'll see if I DO tune in on this. Hehe. Thanks na! :D 

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I tried to tune in to the other versions.. but I just couldn't finish them...

Taiwan - Aeriel got annoying.. and I was so into Jiro instead of Joe... >_< ( I don't think I got even halfway through it) ..

Korea - You know I just wasn't really fond of the girl much... KHJ hmmm.. I like him but.. I didn't get pulled too...

Japan - This new cast... I'm still not sure.. like you said Rose, she is young.. well perfect age for this drama but.. acting-wise.. we'll just have to see...

I like this storyline though.. sadly the author passed away before the manga was completed :(  sigh.. I'm getting picky.. grrr...

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I loved Playful Kiss actually and also the Taiwanese version ! and I'm a big fan of the manga so I'm sure looking forward for this! 
though I'm not digging the cast ._.

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
It's weird. The thing with Jdrama for me is that I never, ever approve of the cast on first impressions. First time I see them - I'm like- "EHHHHHHHH? This isn't going to work."

But once I give them a chance and get into the series, they totally win me over with their performance. I.E. Hana Yori Dango and Hana Kimi and many others.

This is so different for Korean drama with me. I tend to think the actors are sooo eye candy but I have never, ever finished a single K-drama ever in my life. *shrug*

To put it short. I like this version. HEHEHEHEHE. Although I think a ten years gap between the actors for Naoki and Kotoko is a bit much. They are doing a fine job in their roles though.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I watched 15 mins of the drama and so far.. I like.
I'm really liking the cast as well.. for a newbie, the actress is good :)
but yes, I forgot about the two's ten year gap.. because he looks so young still.. :p 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I didn't get the chance to watch the 1996 Japanese version or was it 95. Oh well close enough. I liked the Taiwanese version lol although Ariel made me literally hate her. I "liked" the Korean version too but that was just eye candy for me. I actually disliked it. Poorly written and acting was beyond horrible. Im shallow sometimes so good looking people can sometime sway me. Not all the time but most. 

I dont like the cast either. she is still a minor so it will be super uncomfy for me to watch the makeout scene but hey from watching a few jdrama in the past (my selection isnt as big), there's hardly any skinship LOL at least i dont recall. 

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
The 1996 version was actually the first version I watched... which I first watched only Nov. 2012 last year. LOL. Nice coincidence I did not have to wait so long for another Japanese version. But anyway, personally, I wouldn't watch the 1996 again. There were entertaining moments but I just wouldn't lol. Kotoko was obnoxiously loud. Even more than that, I just never followed how Naoki developed feelings for Kotoko. It's like for 90% of the storyline, he was either really annoyed (even disgusted lol) by her or just hated her guts - and it didn't seem like pretense at all. It was painfully embarrassing to watch Kotoko desperately pursuing a guy who showed no affections for her. Especially because this was also the first Kotoko I met and I was still not accustomed to her character.

I just don't remember perceiving any real romantic connections between the characters in the 1996 version. Whereas for all other versions (although I did not watch every episode and part - especially the Korean version lol), I believe viewers are able to observe how Naoki falls for Kotoko despite his cold character not displaying overt expressions.

Although it's only been three episodes, character-wise, I think I prefer  2013 Naoki and Kotoko to all other Naokis and Kotokos from the other versions.  2013 Naoki shows a wee but more emotions and 2013 Kotoko is not as clingy as the other Kotokos. But plot-wise...the Taiwanese version is probably the most comprehensive and faithful to the manga.

P.S.

I can actually watch the anime again and again. 555555

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
LOL! I LOVE the anime! I never finished the Taiwanese version or started on the J-version. o_O

Anime is always super uberly cute!!!!  I own the anime DVD as well!! sooo cute. 555 +++

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
SQUEEES. The kiss scene should be coming up in EP. 5. HEHEHEHE. Moments like this, I want a SQUEE SMILEE. I guess we'll find out next Friday whether the kiss will be real or fake... If only they were around the same age, I can let my imaginations run wild. 555555555

The pace is so fast. I remember the kiss scene was in EP 7 for both the anime and Taiwanese versions.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
LOL, mint, yes the kiss scene is coming fast.  It's understandable though since JDoramas are short!.. *squeal*

fun

Expired Sarnie
I can read the manga over and over again. Watched the anime version once. I think I have ever rewatched or revisit an anime that i have previously watched. Sailor moon doesnt count lol

I will attempt to watch this but no gurauntee

I have to pretend that the actor and actress r about the same age. Still gives me the creep. If i have a daughter at the age of 16 kissing a 25 year old man, i would most likely ground her for life, shave off her hair and break her leg lol kidding but its definitely going to be tough to get thru that kiss scene.

SonYukView4ever

25 is actually not that old. As long as if he looks young enough and acts maturely, I don't see a problem..maybe it's just me?? lol

now and days, 16 yr old girls look older too so....yea some 16 yr old are more pro at kissing than a 25 sometimes...haahah lmbo jkjk

---

I am going to try starting on the Jseries. Hope it's good. lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
25 is not old but making love to a 16 year old is quite creepy. Hopefully they will not do the second part. 

So I went ahead to download the manga. And darn it, I haven't been active on here for the past few days. I am reading other manga now :( and WHOA I didn't know there were so many rated R stuff out there lol. What have I been reading back in middle and high school!!! 

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
Yes. 25 is not old. An age gap of 9 years is actually not all that disturbing either - to me personally - it just depends on where the two are in their lives. If that makes sense. That is, the real issue isn't the age gap or that 25 is too old but the fact that 16 years old is still a minor. I was watching Dekichatta Kekkon the other day - finished it in three days - LOLed so hard and long it woke my dog up 55555 I should have felt rude. 55555  But point is, the fictional and (like Itazura Na Kiss) the real age gap between the protagonists in this drama is also 9-10 years apart. The crucial difference is that the female protagonist is already 20 yrs old and the male lead is 29-30 yrs old. That makes a big difference to me. The age gap in both cases may be the same but in one pairing, the female lead is already considered an adult.

I'm really curious too how far this version will go. They should be entering university by ep 6 and there is supposed to be a total of 16 episodes so I doubt there will be a part two. But more than likely, I think we will see them married.

Speaking of scenes where they are supposed to "make love," it just reminds me of Dekichatta Kekkon again. There was not a single, real kiss scene between the leads in the 11 episodes drama but I was still hooked. Jdramas are just awesome like that imo. We're actually watching it for the plot, performance, etc and not just for some hot skinship. 55555

SonYukView4ever

funny, I never read the manga, just watched the anime..the manga is sooo freaking long...it doesnt seem as interesting compared to the anime though

--

I am usually okay with an older guy dating a younger girl as long as they're not way tooo far apart, 9 yrs is decent...lol...prob. the max age gap for me.....but if they were to engage in intercourse then yes the girl should be 18 first if the guy is 25 lol :p

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
@mintwix, I understand what you mean.. I myself don't bother for age gap much..
but it's true.. she's only 16.. and that's still a minor..

so to see her or other underage actresses doing mature scenes with a way older guy can be disturbing ..

But I must say that the two are rather cute!  I ignore the age gap ahaha :p

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
In Japan, anyone under the age of 20 is legally considered a minor but.....the age of sexual consent is 13 years old.....>.< 

It wasn't a real lip-to-lip kiss but close and still cute. LOL. Even if I dislike Irie-kun sometimes.

aikoden said:
@mintwix, I understand what you mean.. I myself don't bother for age gap much..
but it's true.. she's only 16.. and that's still a minor..

so to see her or other underage actresses doing mature scenes with a way older guy can be disturbing ..

But I must say that the two are rather cute!  I ignore the age gap ahaha  :p

YES! LOL!

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I think it'll become my favorite Itakiss so far. I like its pace and the actors are doing really a great job 
Miki has that kotoko aura all over her, she's so charming & adorable! 

mintwix

MMの弁護士。
*spoilers*

What I particularly like about this Naoki version is that you can observe, no matter how subtle, that he actually enjoys staring at and spending time with Kotoko. He's just very "mischievous" about it. Like when he made her practice for tennis with him under the initial guise that he just wanted to "win". But deep down inside, he just really missed her because she moved out with her dad. Granted, I think this characteristic may have also been present in the other Naokis, but this version makes it much more noticeable that Naoki also likes Kotoko early in the series. There were even hints of jealousy in both episode 5 and 6. For the other versions, I don't think we saw Naoki jealous until after they were married.