GIF help?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Hello my fellow AsianFuse graphic artists...

I need a little bit of help.. I've been reading some tuts here and there.. but they mostly keep mentioning this "convert to video timeline" ... etc for faster use of sharpening etc... (I'm in the process of better-ing up my gif-making skills) .. After so long.. I just realized that I do not have the function.  I have Photoshop CS6 too by the way..  So, for me to solve this.. would I really have to unstall and reinstall?  I know that there's other people with the same problem too.. grrrrr... what to do what to do?  I don't really wanna un/reinstall the sucker again .. what if that doesn't solve the problem?   :scratchhead2:

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Hmm.. now that I look at my photoshop.. I realize that I'm missing quite a few functions too.. how weird..  Maybe I never realized because I mostly did graphics only.. aigooooo.......... >_<

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
hotlinking images for now.. :/

I don't have these functions..

Do you have those functions on your versions?

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
You select all the layers and frames and convert them to timeline, then you go to the filter section and click for 'Convert for smart filters' and then you can sharpen or add any other offered option on the filter section if you want. 

Oh wait, you don't have the convert to timeline option? Hooow weird, though!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^@QueenYeon, that was what I was trying to do... but.. everytime I select all the frames etc and convert to smart layer... basically the frame becomes flattened into a single image only and..  it becomes pointless.. I guess it's really important to have the convert to timeline option.. :(

I did something to my laptop just now... and somehow my photoshop is no longer working.. so now I'm gonna have to reinstall it.. but it sucks not recalling where I originally got it from.. since it has been a year and a half..   .. well youtube it is :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I've reinstalled the program.. and that still doesnt solve the trick!! grrr...

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I don't think I'll find a way to solve this situation.. since I've uninstalled/reinstalled cs6 a few time already.. I basically gave up :(  So now, I just decided to uninstall the program..........

and now, I'll be using a portable version instead now... since that seems to be the only option working for me.. oh well.. as long as it works eh.. :)

Thanks for all the help though.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I think I just wasn't made to make gifs... because now the portable version has the functions I need to edit gifs... but now I can't even import videos... grrr... I give up :(

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
That must be so frustrating, why can't you import videos though? Does it give an error message?
I'm more into making gifs because it's much simpler than editing pictures lolz you shouldn't give up!