[KBS] Secrets

fun

Expired Sarnie
I havee been inactive w my drama watching due to my wuxia addiction but some how two episode in and im sold to this drama. While the highly hyped Heirs threw me off its ship b4 it even sail. .

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
There was no thread for this flawless work of drama till now? o_o 
I'm so sad it's over, I got so attached to Yoojeong and Minhyuk.  :lmao: and so happy that they got the happy ending they so deserved. 
I quit The Heirs on the 7th episode, I just felt nothing for it tbh perhaps people's hype for it threw me off? idk I just don't feel a thing for Lee Minho and Park Shin Hye, they have like zero chemistry for me. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Luckily I pressured myself into watching this. What took me so long was my disappointment for Nice Guy. Similar plot line but reverse. But I find this more in depth than Nice Guy. The intensity got me hooked when MH strangled YJ.

I am not going in for work today so I might possibly finish this by tmrw lol

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm still watching, almost done though. Episode 14 and yes, we should have made a topic for this amazing drama earlier so we could spazz about it XD
I watched Nice Guy but honestly, I didn't like it at all. I don't know what got me to finish it. Maru and Eungi had amazing chemistry but the storyline was just so ... meh. Secret is far more developed and addicting in my opinion.

I also was planning to watch Heirs or Secret but went with Secret since I love revenge plots. I'm so glad I watched Secret, I don't plan on watching Heirs unless I'm out of things to watch which is rare XD

Fun: Finish this tomorrow? You're such a fast watcher!! LOL :p

Queenyeon: I knew I'd find you here :) And yes, love Yoojeong and Minhyuk!

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
fun said:
Luckily I pressured myself into watching this. What took me so long was my disappointment for Nice Guy. Similar plot line but reverse. But I find this more in depth than Nice Guy. The intensity got me hooked when MH strangled YJ.

I am not going in for work today so I might possibly finish this by tmrw lol

I thought it was going to be similar to Nice Guy too, but there really is more depth to it. So many layers. I love Min Hyuk's eyes whenever he looks at Yoo Jeong. He shows emotion through them intensely. That's what captivated me. Hwang Jung Eum/Yoo Jeong, did an excellent job portraying her dramatic scenes

Every single episode made me tear up. It gets better and better with every episode. xD

Glad you made this thread!

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
huajaikaungtur said:
I'm still watching, almost done though. Episode 14 and yes, we should have made a topic for this amazing drama earlier so we could spazz about it XD
I watched Nice Guy but honestly, I didn't like it at all. I don't know what got me to finish it. Maru and Eungi had amazing chemistry but the storyline was just so ... meh. Secret is far more developed and addicting in my opinion.

I also was planning to watch Heirs or Secret but went with Secret since I love revenge plots. I'm so glad I watched Secret, I don't plan on watching Heirs unless I'm out of things to watch which is rare XD

Fun: Finish this tomorrow? You're such a fast watcher!! LOL  :p

Queenyeon: I knew I'd find you here :) And yes, love Yoojeong and Minhyuk!

I can't help myself, Secret is like my favorite kdrama of 2013 so far  :bhehe:
and I totally agree with what you said, Secret is far more developed and addicting. Jisung, Hwang Jung Eum & Bae Soobin all did an amazing job! Gaaad how much I hated Bae Soobin in here...His character was one self-centered bastard. The poor Yoojeong got to go through so much  :weee:

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Queenyeon: I gotcha, it is definitely my favorite Kdrama this year, too. I haven't watched Kdramas in a while and I'm so glad I watched Secret. Everyone's acting is so superb and yes, Yoojeong is too pitiful. My heart hurts so much for her. BTW, why is it that you always have the best main pics & siggies? Love Phet & Krissie! Such a beautiful scene, I still need to get to SS 2 though, I'm still watching the first season.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Oh Secrets was really good. I loved it except i really HATE and I mean HATE, Ahn Do Hoon and Shin Se Yeon!! They were such an pain in the ass. Everytime when they show them all i wanted to do was to throw my phone and crush it but I didn't. SO yep for the first time in my life I actually cried for a korean drama just because it was so painful to watch Kang Yoo Jung lose her baby and father. So sad. But I didnt however didn't fall a tear for  Jo Min Hyuk. 

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
huajaikaungtur said:
Queenyeon: I gotcha, it is definitely my favorite Kdrama this year, too. I haven't watched Kdramas in a while and I'm so glad I watched Secret. Everyone's acting is so superb and yes, Yoojeong is too pitiful. My heart hurts so much for her. BTW, why is it that you always have the best main pics & siggies? Love Phet & Krissie! Such a beautiful scene, I still need to get to SS 2 though, I'm still watching the first season.
Haven't been much into kdramas this year as well. Now that Secret has finished, I wonder what would be worth watching next x) perhaps Uee & Ilwoo's new drama?
I'm just gonna wait until something catches my eyes. 

I'm glad you like them! Aren't they just so gorgeous together? Definitely my favorite couple of Sixth Sense so far, such cuties  :heart: shame that they have so little screen time compared to the others ;_; 
I actually haven't caught up on season 2 that much, I'm still around the 5~6th episode, I think. I'm waiting for the English subs that's why...Trying my hardest to be patient ( it doesn't always work as i sneak some glimpses to Krissie/Phet's scenes lol sometimes Wawwa and Top's scenes too  :rolleyes1: ). Sixth Sense is really a good lakorn! 

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
Kikichue1: Oh yeah, I gotcha. Every single time they appear onscreen, I know I'll get angry xD LOL but yes, they're such a pain in the butt. I cried a ton especially during the first episodes. Really? I find myself getting teary eyed a lot for Minhyuk.

Queenyeon: Yeah, I don't know what I'll watch after. And Uee's in a new drama? :eek: I gotta check it out. Thanks for letting me know :)
They are definitely an adorable pairing. I like all the couples but so far for the second season, Top & Wawwa and Phet & Krissie catch my eyes. I'm also liking Film and Kat's pairing so I'm super excited to start second season. Oh yeah, the english subs are getting there so I'm trying to take time on the first season XD
Hehe, I gotcha. Always sneaking glimpses at future episodes!

Agreed, I had no idea I'd enjoy SS so much </3

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I couldn't even recognize the main girl. She's got so much done I didn't know she was the same girl from the Kpop girl group Sugar until my sister pointed it out to me. Wow she looks totally different. Well I've heard nothing but good things about this drama. I'll give it chance once winter break starts ^_^

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
ip.smilez said:
I couldn't even recognize the main girl. She's got so much done I didn't know she was the same girl from the Kpop girl group Sugar until my sister pointed it out to me. Wow she looks totally different. Well I've heard nothing but good things about this drama. I'll give it chance once winter break starts ^_^

Girl, definitely watch this drama! I'm sure you'll love it ... at least I hope you do. Lemme know what you think about it when you do watch it :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it is good but I felt like I have been cheated. I am glad that there was a load of gray areas in this drama but in the end, I am like wtf. I wish I knew what sentence DH received for his wrong doing. I couldn't blame him entirely. It was an unfortunate accident. Even though DH was under the influence, I am sure it did not paralyze his vision or lack of ability to drive safely. But the drama was unclear on how much he drank (I believe YJ mentioned two glass) and he didn't look like he was . I guess it is the flaw of the writer and director for not making it clear. And because he left the scene knowing someone was injured, he committed murder.

I didn't sense any greed or power hungry coming from DH, it was more so of his cowardice. He left a dying woman on the street, allowed his fiancee to take the blame, watch his fiancee and child in a jail cell, murder YJ father to cover up and then shifting all blames to YJ for taking the fall. Oh wow.

I just couldn't buy the loveline btwn YJ and MH. I didn't like the fact that YJ had DH child. YJ and DH are forever bonded to that child. The father of the child who cold-heartedly left a dying woman on the street ex fiancee who MH fell in love with. Wow. Can you possibly see that happening? I know it is just a drama but still.

Another thing, I didn't sorry for YJ. She indirectly caused herself to lose her child and father. She should have never lied to the law. The years she spent in prison was quite fair for covering up a crime.

All in all, they never mention the death of YJ father. So how long exactly is DH in for for 2 crimes?

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
DH should be in prison for life.

What's funny is that I was going to start a topic for Secret a while back but went against it because I actually didn't like the ending haha.

Everything in this drama is fine, except I was really turned off by their first kiss. He was pretty much raping her and she resisted for so long before agreeing to return the kiss. It's so messed up because I couldn't understand when she actually fell in love with MH. Then when they agree to love each other, it's like...oh yeah, I still sort of have feelings for my ex because we had a kid together.

I also hate that to the end YJ couldn't stop herself from not being selfish. I wanted her to be selfish. I didn't care if I hated her for taking her son back. DH's mom is a b*...for doing that to them. She hurt her son more than helped him. If she really loved him, she would've told him to turn himself in and stop being a coward.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was also turn off my the kiss too. It was just so random too. This could habe really used an extension. The end where whats her name... Um... The female antagonist, I saw it coming but I didnt expect it to unfold at the very end. I knew someone was behind MH ex gf leaving him.

I actually have mix feelin. I don't know if I liked it or not.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I was wondering when there was gonna be a thread. Haha. 

Okay, well, I have mixed feelings about this drama. Before watching this I was a bit skeptical because, to be honest, I'm not a fan of Hwang Jung Eum. When I learned that she was in here I didn't really want to watch it. When I saw what she looked like I didn't want to watch it even more; her face is so (I'm sorry) unnatural and it makes me a little uncomfortable. HOWEVER, the story line sparked my interest. I mean, the lead gal went to jail for a crime her fiancee committed, how often do you see that in Korean dramas? Isn't it the guys who go to jail? Anyway, I was interested in how they were going to redeem her character since she's, you know, a girl and girls usually get the heavier end of the stick from society when they do something unladylike...like killing  :huh: . There's the interesting plot, but Ji Sung was the actual trigger. HEHE. He pulled me in. 

The scriptwriters did great in keeping the momentum of drama and suspense throughout, but a few things they failed to do was developing the romance between Min Hyuk and Yoo Jung, tying up the loose ends in regards to Yoo Jung's deceased father, and pretty much giving us a GOOD SATISFYING closure. So, when did YJ fall in love with MH??? I didn't see it coming at all. All the time that MH was chasing her (and falling in love with her) she was too busy fighting with Do Hoon. She couldn't have possibly fallen in love with the creep who kept tailing her, could she? Perhaps because of that kiss? Omg, that kiss. I liked it because it was real, BUT I disliked it because she was struggling for such a LONG time. Seriously that was like 5 hours, kissing time, and then when she did give in to his advances, she cried! Really?! So when did she fall in love? I don't know. YJ's father died, but how? DH never explained it, and it seems YJ just sort of assumed he was left to die in the streets? I'm convinced DH did something. Her father had a jacket on and was already wandering the streets for a while in the rain, he's pretty physically healthy. He couldn't have died within a couple hours outside, right? Plus, when she found out the truth and confronted DH, I thought the confrontation was pretty short and lame. Finally, the closure. I'm happy we got a happy ending, but I felt it was rushed and cut short. DH and Se Yeon both collapsed too easily. After all they went through trying to destroy MH and YJ's happiness they surrendered all too quickly that it didn't feel right. DH was a bit more dramatic and okay, but SY? I wanted more. Disappointing. So, those are the things I'm a little unhappy with. 

Hwang Jung Eum, despite me not liking her, did a superb job as Yoo Jung. I totally felt her emotions. I literally cried like a baby with her when she lost her baby and father. Of course Ji Sung did great as Min Hyuk, the heartbroken fellow. Bae Soo Bin was good, but I felt like he exaggerated a bit in his speech. For instance during his intense scenes, he tends to take deep breaths in right before he delivers his dialogue and it just sort of bothered me after a few scenes. Then there's Lee Da Hee who I just wanted to slap the crap out of. I hated her character. 

So overall, I loved it until the last two episodes. The suspense and everything built up pretty well that I expected the finale to be a BOOM, but unfortunately the last two episodes were super, duper boring. Okay maybe not 16, but anyway I totally fast-forwarded 15, such a waste of 1 hr. 
This drama could've been slightly better. I give it a 7.95/10.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
fun said:
I am disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it is good but I felt like I have been cheated. I am glad that there was a load of gray areas in this drama but in the end, I am like wtf. I wish I knew what sentence DH received for his wrong doing. I couldn't blame him entirely. It was an unfortunate accident. Even though DH was under the influence, I am sure it did not paralyze his vision or lack of ability to drive safely. But the drama was unclear on how much he drank (I believe YJ mentioned two glass) and he didn't look like he was . I guess it is the flaw of the writer and director for not making it clear. And because he left the scene knowing someone was injured, he committed murder.

I didn't sense any greed or power hungry coming from DH, it was more so of his cowardice. He left a dying woman on the street, allowed his fiancee to take the blame, watch his fiancee and child in a jail cell, murder YJ father to cover up and then shifting all blames to YJ for taking the fall. Oh wow.

I just couldn't buy the loveline btwn YJ and MH. I didn't like the fact that YJ had DH child. YJ and DH are forever bonded to that child. The father of the child who cold-heartedly left a dying woman on the street ex fiancee who MH fell in love with. Wow. Can you possibly see that happening? I know it is just a drama but still.

Another thing, I didn't sorry for YJ. She indirectly caused herself to lose her child and father. She should have never lied to the law. The years she spent in prison was quite fair for covering up a crime.

All in all, they never mention the death of YJ father. So how long exactly is DH in for for 2 crimes?
Lol now that I think about it I do feel a little bit cheated also I didn't really like the ending. I don't understand how very thing was laid out like wtf. What suddenly happen? They never solved the whole business stuff? How DH was committed and all the other details. Also how they feel in love I hv no idea...but went along with the what did they do, just told us that they like Each other.

I like the movie but I just don't like the end it feels like they rushed it.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Kikichue1 said:
Lol now that I think about it I do feel a little bit cheated also I didn't really like the ending. I don't understand how very thing was laid out like wtf. What suddenly happen? They never solved the whole business stuff? How DH was committed and all the other details. Also how they feel in love I hv no idea...but went along with the what did they do, just told us that they like Each other.

I like the movie but I just don't like the end it feels like they rushed it.

Yeah I did not understand what the heck was going on with their corporation and all that legal stuff. 

Another complaint of mine is the off-editing. The drama was so choppy at times that I had no idea what just happened. Haha.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I believed DH did something to YJ's father. He couldn't just have abandon him in the street. Her father was sane amd well. He remembered DH driving that night of the accident. He even confronted DH. And when the drama showed YJ's father corpse, his feet were bruised.

I don't like HJE looks either. She scares me actually. This is a case of plastic surgery gone wrong. She was prettier before but I don't know why she went under the knife to begin with.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I believed DH did something to YJ's father. He couldn't just have abandon him in the street. Her father was sane amd well. He remembered DH driving that night of the accident. He even confronted DH. And when the drama showed YJ's father corpse, his feet were bruised.

I don't like HJE looks either. She scares me actually. This is a case of plastic surgery gone wrong. She was prettier before but I don't know why she went under the knife to begin with.

Exactly! And the scriptwriters didn't even make it clear. It's like okay DH regrets yeah, but where are the details, you know. 

Yeah, HJE looked prettier before, it's pretty dumb of her to get more plastic surgery.