[MBC] Cunning Single Lady

fun

Expired Sarnie
I just finished episode 1. I am on the fence on this one. Maybe episode 2 will determine if I will give this drama a go. 

I liked Lee Min Jung since BOF (horrible drama by the way), loved her in Smile, You (a great drama) but since Smile, You she hasn't picked up a good project, I tried to watch them all but I just couldn't. She seems to have gotten prettier after marriage despite me not liking her husband LOL So I am hoping this might make me like her again.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I don't like the storyline, but I am following this one because its about exes again. Haha. You don't like LBH? I know he's had some lawsuits And what not, but he's a great actor. I like him, just not his personal life. Haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I like him a few of his movies, but not any of his dramas. 
I'm the opposite, I like his dramas more than his films. Haha. Well I haven't seem many of his dramas, but I like All In and Happy Together.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I enjoyed episode 1 and loved episode 2, so I think I might be sticking with this drama. At first I thought Ae Ra was a gold digger but when her brother gave her the alimony money I no longer see her as one. I cried so hard when she says the men in her family are useless and troublemakers. I felt her pain.

We sort of get a flash back from Jung Woo point of view. Although I understand him feeling "betray" but I don't pity him. He didn't consult with his wife about quitting his job. Plus she stuck with him for 4 years through thick and thin while he was so busy trying to set up his own business he neglected her. He made her the sole breadwinner. Her income couldn't cover up both of their expenses especially his. She was left to paid off his loan after the divorce as well. I wonder if she had a miscarriage because that will play a big role in the future. And did he know? Was he not notified that she was pregnant and because of the workload and stress she had, lead to a miscarriage. I was hoping that she did miscarriage and that eventually led to her finally decision to divorce.

I hope that she doesn't try to court him again. I don't want that to happen.  

Off to download the rest of the episodes. I can't believe it that I have added another currently air drama. I am now jammed but for sure once I get caught up, it will be like death again. Waiting for episode is just a pain in the b*tt.

fun

Expired Sarnie
im crazily in love. i just cant take the sound efdects. too funny!!! im literally rooting for ae ra!!! her husband i mean ex didnt appreciate her. and watching ep.7 confirmed to me that she finalize the divorce after a miscarriage. i dont know how much longer thwy are going to drag it out by keeping it away from the viewers. and it seems like her ex still doesnt have a clue.

this is completely different from the given synopsis. thank goodness i went forthe w this drama.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
You seen to be enjoying this one very much. I'm going to watch this one after Emergency Couple finishes. Haha. I'm too immersed in the other one that I have no interest to watch this one at the moment. Hehe.

fun

Expired Sarnie
im watching both to keep my mind off that the dramas are still currently on air. this is usually why i wait for a drama to end before i start bc waiting sucks when u get too immerse in the drama. i dont know what made me watch emergency couple and cunning single lady or any of the currently air. with lakorns i can handle the wait for each week maybe bc lakorn are much longer in episode we get 1.6 hours for one episode.

this drama isnt so bad. it is a comedy with a serious tone. and completely different from emergency couple. in ec im all for changmin, the male. and in csl im all for ae ra, the female.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yeah I'm glad it's a comedy. It's funny that both of these dramas deal with an ex-couple. I wonder what's up with that theme? Haha. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
i like a drama where it has its fair share of comedy and drama. comedy comes in about the right time so u dont get all sad and mopey for an entire episode but episode 8 got me sobbing like a baby. it hurts me that ae ra is getting hate on by her co workers, her ex (not really we know deep down he loves her still), the bitch of the show (i thought she was going to remain nice but bitch turn 180 degree after she found out ae ra is his ex wife) and his family. on top of that she didnt tell any of them that she had a misscarriage. her friend is the only person who knows. i wish her friend will tell him soon. my heart is too fragile for more drama.

anyway a little complaint here, the editing is so bad! 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am so sad that this drama is not getting a lot of love from national and International kdrama viewers. Despite the poor editing at certain episode, this drama is filled with everything from angst to zumbastic. 

I know the summary can really turn off one's opinion to watch this, but like I mentioned, this is nothing like the synopsis given. 

Can Wednesday and Thursday come any sooner!!! This has slowly climbed its way to the top into my heart. 

Oh I must add, I love one of the ost. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCts2eD33t0

fun

Expired Sarnie
Haha episode 9 did not disappoint. I was expecting angst after JW's dad funeral but nope, it's silliness at its best. JW is so petty and I love it. Some people are complaining that he needs to grow up. But to me, that is exactly what he is. Silly. And he is only like that when AR is with him. Therefore he can only be himself around AR. They are meant to be with each other. And I love JW even more because he shows no interest whatsoever to YJ. I literally LOLed in tears when he rejected her, he left her! 

I feel so bad for SH. He is very sweet and I adore him but he is just to kiddy. I mean JW is kiddish too with his pettiness but in a way very manly. I guess it is due to Joo Sang Wook's looks. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Hey fun, is this one more funny than EC??

fun

Expired Sarnie
a lot funnier. they havent gone off radar yet with the comedy. i hope they continue to keep it funny.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I personally think the love between the leads in here is much stronger, or at least written so, than between the leads in EC. The scriptwriters do a good job at showing us how much they each long for one another. Like you can feel that they used to be a couple. For EC, not so much.

fun

Expired Sarnie
The editing gets worse within each new episode, I cannot help myself but get deeper into this hot pool of mess. The story itself is better than EC. I didn't want to make comparison but it can't be help that both are currently airing and both premise on a divorce couple which we all know will eventually get back together, at least that's what I am hoping for.  

My heart is being tossed, turned and stepped upon. I am so emotionally engaged in the life of JW and AR. I really want the two to work out. It was unfair to AR that JW didn't consult with her before making a life making decision. And it is unfair that AR concealed the truth to JW. I think when he finds out about her miscarriage, it will be emotionally wrecking to watch. What AR really wants is an acknowledgment of JW's success because his success is all due to AR. But since there's only 6 more episode, JW needs to up his game. He needs to tell AR that he has never gotten over her which I don't blame him because he never got closure. I want to lock these two up in a room until they can understand and better communicate with each other. Communication was one reason that led to their divorce.

At the moment I believe there is only one person who knew of AR's miscarriage. I don't think she told her parents, and having a family like her, I wouldn't either. I really hate AR's father and brother. I don't think SH should envy her family. I also hope that AR's friend does not end up with her lousy older brother. In episode 10, I ought to give AR's mother a standing ovation despite me disliking her when she slapped AR in the earlier few episode. 

As for YJ, I didn't want to hate her, in the beginning her side story had softened me up but now I don't have any sympathy. Sure she lost a leg, but the things she does is quite bitchy worthy. Her delusional self needs therapy! Get a damn clue that JW is not that into you. And thank goodness the drama doesn't show much of her but enough for me to dislike her. 

Oh despite it upping its angst, the drama still has it's comedy implanted. At least for now it still does.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Yeah, it's inevitable to make a comparison. I'm currently on ep 8 going on 9. So far it's okay.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I honestly don't know why I like love this drama so much. The acting is sometime over the top, editing is terrible, and fashion/style is bad. I wish they didn't make LMJ's hair so ugly.