[MBC] Hotel King

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
Hotel King will start airing on April 5, 2014. It will star Dong Wook and Da Hae. They were the stars in the infamous "My Girl"!!!

Summary:
Cha Jae Wan (Dong Wook) was abandoned by his dad. He then stands up against his dad as he works as general manager for Mo Nae (Da Hae). Mo Nae does all she can to protect her hotel against catastrophe.

Other stars include Seulong of 2AM & Ji Hye of Protect the Boss, etc.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was super excited when I found out they were going to work together again but LDH looks so plastic now, it's hard to watch her onscreen. 

I miss my Seol Gong Chan and Joo Yoo Rin!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Oh.. a reunion....  (This makes it seem like I can still keep believing in a Rain/SongHyeGo reunion as well... :D)

Will have to check out the teaser to see if I'll catch this or not.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Rain and Song Hye Go will not happen. Rain said it himself and he was quite firm with his answer. 

It is definitely rare that a couple from a previous drama gets pair up together again. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Oo! Lee Dong Wook!! Love the dude. Don't like Lee Da Hae though. I never thought she was all that pretty, but with the way she looks like now....she definitely was prettier. I can't stand looking at celebs who have gotten stuff done, too. It bothers the heck out of me. Like...why? Why have an artificial face? Anyway, didn't mean to step into that sensitive topic. Ahem....

fun said:
Rain and Song Hye Go will not happen. Rain said it himself and he was quite firm with his answer. 

It is definitely rare that a couple from a previous drama gets pair up together again. 

Is there a reason he said no?? Problems? Timing? What's up?

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
It looks more interesting than I thought; Lee Da hae 's character looks super fun as well 
Super excited for the reunion! It's on this week-end, yay!

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
LOL~ing at people saying Lee Da Hae was natural back on my girl days and that she looks plastic now, she has been screwing with her face way before My girl, and those kind of comments are so repetitive. Get over it already.

The eng subs for the first ep are already up, time to check this out! Based on the teasers, I dont think I'll be disappointed! Golden rainbow was so draggy but this one has only 32 eps (hopefully it stays this way)

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I liked the first episode, I thought it was a good introduction to the drama. Lee Da Hae's character is sassy, sarcastic and smarty. She's on the game!

Im Seulong has so much screen time and he basically sucks and is too impolite for a mere employee. I repeat, he sucks. *sigh

Also my only complaint is that Lee dongwook's character thinks she's his sister. ....eh? How will develop the romance then?

And LOL @ his french. I couldn't understand a word.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I was so confused in the beginning I had to pause on Viki to check if I was on the right page. I love No Me! I was a huge fan of LDH during her hey days of Green Rose but grew dissatisfaction with her growing obsession with plastic surgery and botox. I don't mind much but after My Girl, I haven't enjoyed a single drama she starred in. Hotel King could possibly be her comeback drama that gets me back into my LDH mode. 

It is so intense the first episode. I would like to believe that Ji Won is not dead and he is Seulong (forgot his character's name, will probably take a few episode for me to get all their names down). 

queenyeon

sarNie Adult
I'm still confused at how he actually killed the boss. I mean the boss was ready to shoot but then they cut that scene out of nowhere and showed that Jayden was the one who got the gun and killed him.......... :scratchhead2: still waiting for some flashback that would expalin that.

I, too, feel like Jiwon is still alive. If Seulong character is supposed to be Jiwon, that would make sense on why he got so much screen time. 

cecilia

Staff member
I'm going to watch this for LEE DONG WOOK <3! Such a sexy man!

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I'm having the time of my life re-watching My Girl. Gahhh LDW aged gracefully hehe he's one of the actors who grew much sexier/handsomer as he got older. What I am disappointment at is LDH's new face. Her nose is very pointy and triangular and her chin is longer now. I wish she kept her old refreshing face :( argh. I was super excited when I found out from SimplySweet that these two are pairing up again but once when I saw her face, it totally threw me off :/

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
queenyeon said:
I'm still confused at how he actually killed the boss. I mean the boss was ready to shoot but then they cut that scene out of nowhere and showed that Jayden was the one who got the gun and killed him.......... :scratchhead2: still waiting for some flashback that would expalin that.

I, too, feel like Jiwon is still alive. If Seulong character is supposed to be Jiwon, that would make sense on why he got so much screen time. 
I feel the same way with Seulong's character. We already sense a significance from his on screen time and strong connection to the late chairman. I'm thinking he's Mo Ne's real half brother? Idk...I feel like that might be the twist as well since we all know it's impossible for Jae Won and Mo Ne to be half sibs.

Just got done with ep2 and it's slowing picking up. Eeeks can't wait for more LDK & LDH on screen time. After seeing her face more often, I'm kinda getting surpass her changes. She still got Yoo Rin in her for sure lol Mo Ne's character seems as if she is a strong gal and that everyone should be afraid of her but she is just a young girl who has to face/fight the world of two faces/enemies. Like her father said "trust nobody." Or was is it "don't trust anybody." It's one of the two lol She has her weakness too and we all witnessed that. I feel bad for Jae Won tho because he's basically that evil guy's doll. He has such a cold demeaner but once he saw his young self "Jayden" in Mo Ne, he had feelings and emotions again. I really can't wait until ep3 !!!! So much dramas to catch up on mannnn. Hehe

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Seems like I'm watching things in pairs nowadays. Haha. I'm watching this and will be watching Golden Cross when it airs. Both deals with the male lead's revenge. Last time I watched EC and CSL due to the female leads this time it's due to the male leads. Haha.

Reactions: fun

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
I expected Cha Jae Wan's (LDW)'s character superior and colder than this, however I understand why he has his moments where he seems so lost about what he's doing. Lee Joong Goo raised him up and basically brainwashed him into believing that he is a murderer and that he is the only one who is able to save Jae Wan (Jayden). He lived in fear with all the threats and abuse he received from that freaking cane of LJG!! Seriously tho lol That guy is always using that cane. Maybe he's acting and actually isn't handicapped? He used JW to do his dirty work for him !!! I didn't enjoy ep3 as much as I did with ep4. I am happy to see that MoNe is getting herself together and that her character is growing stronger each time an event takes place. She looked really elegant in the white dress at the event. If she didnt't go up stage, LJG would've exposed JW about his true identity that he isn't ChairMan Ah's son. Mannn I would've loved to see how that went down. I laughed at the scene where Selong surprised the new guys at their workplace with not just English, Chinese but also with Sign Language hahaa Those guys are just too arrogant lol Don't tell me Lee Joong Goo's daughter is going to take interest in him. If so, I'll like to see how their relationship will spark. I'm all for more LDK and LDH scenes forgetting that Hotel King has 32 episodes. Lol Didn't know about that until one of my friends mentioned to me that she didn't want to watch HT because there are too many episodes. Ahhhh More LeeTeam on screen ^___^

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
32?! You've got to be kidding? Uh....that's a little too long for me too. Haha.

Well, if you convert it to Thai lakorn it's about 21/22 episodes long, so I guess it's alright. Hehe.