[MBC] 90 Days, Falling in Love

fun

Expired Sarnie
  • Title: 90일, 사랑할 시간 / Gushibil, Saranghal Shigan
  • Also known as: 90 Days, Falling in Love Days / 90 Days, Time to Love / 90 Days of Love (YesAsia)
  • Genre: Drama, Romance
  • Episodes: 16
  • Broadcast network: MBC
  • Broadcast period: 2006-Nov-15 to 2007-Jan-04
  • Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55
Synopsis
A fate that surpasses taboo, a love that surpasses morality...
Hyun Ji-seok (Kang Ji Hwan) is at the peak of his life at thirty-one year old he is fated to leave this earth in three short months. he is married to Park Jung-ran (Jung Hye Young), but it's not shes not his true love. The one and only thing this man wishes for is to find his one true love and spend the remaining 90 day's that he has left with her.
Hyun Ji-seok was fated to meet Mi-yeon (Kim Ha Neul) but their hearts were destined to be broken in the end. Through an unexpected turn of events, Mi-yeon turns out to be his his first cousin. They are now desperately pleading for 90 days in which to love each other for the last time on earth.
Will their love be able to overcome the harsh realities of society?

I have been putting this drama on the side for many years now and I just happen to pick it up and finished it within 3 nights (with the power of the FF button). I find these type of story to be icky but surprisingly this was not that bad. Well I would cut off the ending to where Mi Yeon gets hit by the truck instead of her surviving it and getting back with her husband and the whole Ji Seoks ghost following her around. I love her husband but I don't think it was a good ending to have him and Mi Yeon getting back together. It kills the whole love surpasses morality that the drama started out with. 

I think I cried buckets and went to work with red puffy ugly eyes (quite embarrassing) I felt Ji Seok's pain and I am happy his mother made his last wish come true. It was definitely selfish on his part but oh man I was not mad at all with him. Finding out Mi Yeon was his first cousin was heart breaking and so damn cruel enough. He hid in his heart for 12 years and when he found out he had 3 months to live, he went to search for Mi Yeon. This was a beautiful drama just didn't like the last 25 minutes.