[Variety] Roommate Season 1&2

fun

Expired Sarnie
Actually I am just tuning in for Park Bom. It is rare for any 2ne1 members to be on a variety show and I watch it at every chance I get. I really like the premise of it. It looks closer to what we Americans/Western call a reality show. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2Bg8CcKf7c

I forgot Kang Joon (Cunning Single Lady) will also be in here. I think I will be shipping Park Bom and Lee Dong Wook keke. 

Pilot episode was supposedly aired two weeks ago but due to the Sewol accident, it has been postphoned to May 4.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I know I have seen a little of episode 1 and read some reviews. I don't know why all Korean variety shows has to have at least some kind of loveline. I love the service but when it is being reinforce, it is ridiculous. I don't want to sound like a hypocrite but in Running Man, Gary and Jihyo were so natural in building chemistry and then it got insane to the point of annoyance. But I'm glad they have tone it down.

So far I love all the Park Bom cuts LOL I am so bias but I like her more in 2NE1 TV were she is a bit more natural and comfortable. I am also happy that she finally gets to appear more on television. Now I am waiting for any news of Dara being casted in dramas or movies. As for Minzy and CL, I hope they do get out there more. Usually CL does a lot of the speaking when overseas but when it comes to varieties, she barely talks. 

Lee Dong Wook... he is so fine!!! I don't like how Nana keeps referring herself as the second most beautiful face LOL she is indeed pretty but I need more than just a pretty face. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
im officially in love with roommate and im not saying this because im park bom bias. the first episode was a let down but episode 2 was awesome. they could work better with the editting though and scene cuts. i want more park bom, she is the life of the show. again i watched this without sub and waiting for it which should be out by now. exo fans and 2ne1 fans are super fast at updates.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I think this is an addiction. I watched the episode 2, 3 times already. I think I am in love with all the guys. But the girls will take some time for me to warm up to. Good thing I watched Goodbye Dear Wife or else I would have probably really dislike Hong Soo Hyun. I feel that Bom is the least pretentious or maybe because I just know so much about her and her personality (not personally but through interviews, shows, behind the scene and 2ne1tv, she remains the same) and it seems like she is easily approachable. She has adopted a lot of "Americaness" if you watch her in 2ne1tv. She is forgetful and sometime waves hi instead of bowing. She has sarcasm and her humor is very "Americanish" at times.

I am dumbfounded when Kang Joon and Dong Wook went to purchase a new phone and plan especially for Dong Wook. I am here wondering if he does his own phone payment or if their manager takes care of everything for them that they didn't understand data plans? 

I adore the athletic girl Ga Yeon. She needs more scene time. I am not a Exo fan but I think I am warming up to Chanyeol. I like his deep manly voice.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I've been watching this and I must say it's entertaining to watch.. I am totally shipping for BoDong :D  .. Yes I'm biased towards the two individually but they are super cute together.. I loved the tarot card reading :3

I still LOL at the scene where Chanyeol came home late after filming for his group's mv.. and he thought it was just a doll sleeping on the couch but quickly realized that it was Bom right after... I keep joking with my little cousin that he obviously realized it was Bom right away since he is a big 2NE1 fan :p

I actually like the choice of casting... though I would say my least favorite is Nana.  I can stand her though so it doesn't bother me much.. :p

Anwyays, I like the show.. but I do wish they'll edit it better... I anticipate for a lot of scenes that they still haven't aired but keep showing as well.. I want to see Bom & Min Woo wearing the same sweater and so forth... :3

fun

Expired Sarnie
i wonder why they would ask exo to join. chanyeol hardly appeared in the first 3 episode. i ship bom with all the guys lol i think she is most natural around them because she is surrounded by males in her agency. just because i ship them, i hope it doesnt turn into some forced love line. i just like her interaction with them but bom love line with dong wook is getting annoying lol i prefer her to continue messing with all the guys. she is so playful she started hitting the guys like how most girls would do to their guy friends.

nana is my least fav too. she is pretty and thats pretty much all to her. she looks mean lol when she was teaching soo hyun to dance catelina you coild tell she sounds a bit snobbish. sa ra started with so much hate but since her dog is out of the picture she seems more social and out going.

i love the lip syncing part with seho and dong wook lol love is an open door!!!

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Yeah, I ship them but I'm not desperate enough for them to actually be a couple.  LMAO because what the hey... I ship KangJoo & MinWoo too lmao!  Anyways.. I wouldn't really want an actual pairing for the cast... Because it'll really seem forced.  Just let roommates be roommates.

As for So Ra.. sure she looked mean at first but seeing how she's turning out lately.. she ain't that bad... With seeing all the previews of her supporting and the girls and all.. it looks like she really is doing her best to actually bond with them like sisters would :)  And I never thought anything of her dog.  Lol.. Bom is suspicious coming home at night.. LMAO.. J/K J/K :p

fun

Expired Sarnie
omg aiko i just notice ur siggy. love it to pieces. i hope they will remain super good friends after the show. and if love does really blossom, im fine with either.

i want minwoo and bom interaction like real bad lol it was hilarious with the tarot reading. turns out she is fake lol no no i disgress, it is call a personality. i think her behavior is sort of americanish and korea finds it odd lol not a lot of korean celebrities show a variety of sacarsm so i can understand why some people will regard her as fake.

i kind of have a dislike to kang joo lol his character in cunning single lady image keeps playing in my head lol

fun

Expired Sarnie
Yay! Cannot wait for today's episode to get sub tomorrow. I am going to watch the raw videos just because I like this show so much... I even followed all the members who has instagram on instagram. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
My Bommie cried at the end of ep.4. I wonder what for. I love her so much that it hurts me to see her sad.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Just started this, and I like Soo Hyun & Kang Joo's interactions. I don't really think there needs to be a loveline though. I like the roommates as they are. When there's a loveline it always gets awkward like in those American Reality shows. Everyone in the house gets weird around a couple. I want to see more jokes, bantering and pranking.

Reactions: fun

x0unerthanlater

Roommate ep. 8 was really funny! I never would have thought Bom has such a cute personality. We didn't get to see her much in ep.8 though. Kang Jun is so naive and innocent. He's certaintly adorable. I feel like Min Woo is at that stage in his life where he's not a boy anymore but not quite a man yet. He's sensitive and needs lots of understanding. He has room to improve in the industry. I love all Dong Wook appearances. He's a humble man and very friendly. Not to mention he's a funny guy. I support him even more. Nana and Seho has an interesting relationship. I wonder if anything is going to bloom for them.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I had followed Bom since 2006 but not until a little after her debut with 2ne1, I almost went into a stalker mode.

Some people called her immature and childish but she knows when to fool around and when to be serious. She is not fake either because she acts the same in 2ne1TV.

I really liked episode 8 too. Conflict has arised and I like their approach compare to reality show here. Here there would have been a verbal fight and can lead to a physical fight. I sort of understand Minwoo but I didnt like it how he got butthurt and sulked throughout the entire episode.

x0unerthanlater

Bom's personality is very straight forward. She's mature and has already been in the business a while. That's probably why her fans love her so much. I like her scenes with everyone. Looks like we'll get more Bom in ep.9 (I wished each week had 2 eps >.<)

The show is never boring. I think it shows a real perspective into the lives of Korean celebrities. It would be hard to keep "acting" in front of all those cameras. I'm sure we're seeing the mose genuine characteristics of them.

Min Woo is certainly cool, but he's just really sensitive. I think he felt like he should have gotten the good opportunity before Kang Jun, since he's a sunbae. In ep. 9 preview it shows that he was accepted as a guest mc along with Kang Jun. So I guess something good came out of that whole situation. He could have handled himself better though. Especially when Kang Jun's friends came over. Min Woo has always seem to look like he's sad though because everyone, especially the ladies, prefer Kang Jun.

x0unerthanlater

Oh no, Boomie! I hope they don't cut her off the show permanently.
I was looking forward to seeing the Boomes epsiode. Who ate her puddng?? >.<

Episode 10 was still pretty enjoyable though. All of the Roommates were present at least.

fun

Expired Sarnie
So sad that Park Bom will no longer be filming.

It's sad that she was forced to leave the show. Yes I said force. The controversy and attacks on her are what is forcing her to make the decision to leave.

So_obsessed

sarNie Egg
This has become one of my favorite shows! That sucks that Bom is leaving, and they're not sure if she's returning. That's what I hate the most from South Korea...people like to bring up the past and ruin someone's present and future with it. I'm still pissed that they did that to Jay a couple years ago. They go and find something bad about him that happened so many years ago and end up making him leave 2PM...and Korea. But I'm glad he's back and doing way better than he could have with 2PM. She's so talented, and it's so dumb. It happened so long ago, she wasn't convicted of any crime. I swear people have nothing better to do with their lives than to ruin these famous people's lives. It's like stupid fans getting mad that SNSD's Taeyeon is dating EXO's Baekhyun. It's none of their business that they kept it a secret. It's their personal life, they can do whatever they want. Ugh...sorry. I just hate those people that like to make other people's lives miserable.

I didn't have much of a preference when I started the show, I did kind of want to see how Bom is, cuz you're right, 2ne1 doesn't do variety shows often...I even got my boyfriend into it hehehe But I love Chanyeol, and started to love EXO because of him. I wasn't really their fan at all. I like Lee Dong Wook because he hosted Strong Heart. But now I love Min Woo, and Kang Jun at times lol I'm really excited to see Baekhyun on yesterday's episode. I anxiously await for it to appear on Dramafever lol

What's weird is that they never showed that episode of who took Bom's pudding...or the one where Minwoo was also asked to be an MC on Inkigayo along with Kang Jun...and they never showed the dramatic scenes from the conversations they had during their camping trip. It's like they just show us previews, but don't show the footage.

x0unerthanlater

They cut out ALL the scenes people WANTED to see... what's the point then? -_- I know the producers aren't doing it on purpose or anything. It's all because the k-netizens will be FURIOUS if anyone whose involved in a scandal is promoting. We, as interntational fans are more resilient to scandal because we hear about crazier scadals here from American celebrities. Our society is a lot more open-minded about what people do in their personal lives.

It really sucks that Bom left the show. I can already tell Roommate is going to end soon. Ergh. It's so irking though!

If they ever have a Season 2, it better be a worthy cast... and I hope they cast people who appear on every episode. There are too many people always busy and not in the scenes. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Regardless Roommate will end soon since Kpop Star 4 has already started recording. The latest episode rating dip even lower with a 3%.

I didn't get the chance to watch the last two episode, not because of Bom's controversy or that she will no longer make any appearances. Okay maybe a little but I will get to it eventually. I have been frustrated with the editing team since they started airing lol Uh if it's a reality show, they need to show in order. I get confuse because they tend to jump around.

I understand that the Koreans are upset that she was scratch free from the incident that happened 4 years ago but she doesn't deserve any of the hate and she has personal reason to do so. The scandals and controversy in Korea... I don't even consider them scandalous. The Jay Park myspace post was just wtf. It didn't make any sense to me to kick him out of Korea or 2PM. And yes I haven't liked any of 2PM comeback after Again and Again although I did sort of like 2 track from their recent album. It's not like she abuse using the drug or make profit out of it.