[MBC] Come! Jang Bo Ri

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart

Title: 왔다! 장보리 / Wattda! Jang Bo Ri
Also known as: Jang Bo Ri is Here!
Genre: Family, romance
Episodes: 50
Broadcast network: MBC
Broadcast period: 2014-Apr-05 to 2014-???-??
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 20:45

Synopsis:
Come! Jang Bo-Ri follows two women who experience sudden changes with their lives and families. As a child, Jang Bo-Ri (Oh Yeon-Seo) was adopted by a family without much money. She then learns that she is the missing daughter from a wealthy family. Jang Bo-Ri goes through the drastic change in her life and tries to become a successful designer of traditional Korean dresses. Meanwhile, the daughter (Lee Yu-Ri) from the wealthy family must live a different life with the family without much money.Lee Jae-Hee (Oh Chang-Suk) is an ambitious man.

Main Cast:

[*]Kim Ji Hoon as Lee Jae Hwa

[*]Lee Yoo Ri as Yun Min Jung

[*]Oh Chang Suk as Lee Jae Hee

Production Credits

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
This is my side Kdrama that I am currently enjoying atm. Been loving Oh Yeon Seo ever since her L..U.V days so I am glad to be watching one of her dramas excluding her boring previous dramas lol I thought Kim Ji-Hoon was a cutie from Flower Boys Next Door and deserved his own drama as the leading man. He looks like a younger version of Lee Dong Gun. They have that one of a kind classic look :) Arghhhh his drama with Nam SaMi was a big disappointment. After finding out that he was in here with Oh Yeon Seo, I jumped with joy. heheh If you don't want to watch the kids part, watch ep.9 because that is when they grow up but ofc, you will be confused with the storyline if you don't start from the beginning. I watched up till' ep.6 then I skipped up to 9 so every now and then, I'm asking questions to myself lol Hope ya enjoy this one :)

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I'm watching this, but it's moving super slow (as these dramas are wont to do). The adults showed up in 7, so it's not like you missed much. I'm basically only watching this for OYS and KJH. I don't understand Jae Hee's character at all. When and how did he become like this? It can't just be because Jae Hwa stopped being brotherly toward him.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Didn't they grow up getting along after living with each other for awhile !? I also feel like Jae Hee's mother brainwashes him too. He thinks Jae Hwa is going to take the company away from him. JaeHee grew up greedy in my eyes while Jae Hwa is more carefree and enjoys his career as a prosecutor more than anything. Can't wait for this Sat&Sun because things are going to get very interesting.....

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
The two boys eventually got along. They actually got pretty close. One night, however, the two boys exchanged secrets and Jae Hwa ended up confessing that he had caused his mother's death (he had wanted to eat eggs, so he threw a tantrum until she went to go buy him some eggs, and while there/coming back, she got hit by a car). He felt really guilty and that's why he can't eat eggs anymore. Jae Hwa made Jae Hee promise never to tell anyone and so he promised him, but Jae Hee's mother had overheard the confession and she later told the boys' father about it, hoping to turn him against Jae Hwa (although I think it was Jae Hee's mother who caused Jae Hwa's mother's death). The father came into Jae Hwa's bathroom while he was bathing and explained to him that it wasn't his fault and he shouldn't feel guilty about it. It made Jae Hwa feel better that his dad didn't blame him or get mad, but he thought that Jae Hee had revealed his secret so he never forgave him. Later when Jae Hee tried to talk to him or hang out with him, Jae Hwa ignored him and refused to be his "brother/friend" anymore. Jae Hee was hurt and confused by Jae Hwa's rejection, and I guess since then, he's been determined to beat Jae Hwa or something. But I don't buy the fact that that's the only reason. You can't turn that ambitious and ruthless just because your half-brother rejects you, can you? I know part of it is his mother's fault. She keeps feeding him lies and being a little boy, he can only withstand it for so long. I do hope the brothers make up one day, but I can't see it happening since Jae Hee is really ruthless right now and I can only see him getting worse before things get better, and by then, will he have gone too far for me to care about his redemption?

Things always seem to be picking up from the previews, but being 50 episodes long, I don't think much is going to happen until it's a turning point. I really didn't see a baby coming into the picture, and Min Jung is just past forgiving at this point. She abandons her mom, grows up with every advantage and still doesn't end up living a life a luxury. Instead of taking advantage of the opportunity she was given, she spent it holding on to a man who came from a rich family, got pregnant on purpose to make his family accept her, only to dump him after she finds out his family went bankrupt, and puts him in jail for stalking her. She won't even let him out to go see his dad who collapsed from the news of the son going to jail. What a disappointment of a character. With all her brains and determination when she was younger, I thought she was going to actually make something of herself when she graduated. I thought she'd be a successful lawyer or doctor or whatever high-paying job there is, but she just went the age-old route of catching a rich guy and getting pregnant. No sympathy for her whatsoever. Min Jung and Bo Ri's real mom are just so horrible.

I hope they show more of Jae Hwa and Bo Ri. That's all I'm really tuning into. I hope they grow to like each other before he finds out who she is or before she gets her memories back.

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
I just finished watching ep16 and it was good. Love the kiss scene.  OYS and KJH are so cute!!!

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Well it looks like they're gearing up for a 5-year time jump. I like Bo Ri, but I wish she'd stop being the victim of abuse and accepting it like it's normal (I get it, she's been treated like that her whole life, so it's not like she can just change overnight, but some steps toward liberating herself would be welcome). At the moment, Jae Hwa's having a whole relationship by himself, but it's funny-ish right now, so I'll let it slide (for now).

It wouldn't hurt for all these people to just talk to each other either. Jae Hwa keeps asking Bo Ri if she knows anyone named Ok Soo something, and since her teacher asked her not to tell anyone about her, Bo Ri denies knowing anyone by that name. I know people don't like to reveal very personal things about themselves, but would it kill Jae Hwa to just say, "She's my aunt and I've been looking for her for over 10 years" or something? I'm sure that would get Bo Ri talking really fast since she's all about family and stuff. And why doesn't the aunt want to see Jae Hwa anyway? Her excuse is that "it's not time yet," but he's her lonely, motherless nephew whom she claims to love. I can understand her disappearing years ago, but if he's right there in front of her, why push him away? Also, I know Bo Ri's in denial, but at least if she explained to her teacher her reasons for accepting Bi Dan as her daughter (to pay forward her mom's kindness in raising her even though she wasn't her real daughter), she might understand. She'd still be against it because it's giving Bo Ri a really bad image, but at least she'd understand where Bo Ri is coming from.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@lenlin; totally agree with you.

Jae Hwa looks even better after 5yrs lol I'm looking forward to ep19:) I would love to see more JH & BR scenes tho !

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
How is it possible that he got even better looking? Whoa, I gotta watch this past weekend's episodes. I've been too busy to play catch up, but I hope something actually happens in the storyline. So many years are going by and nothing's really happening.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
His first appearance after 5years girllllll, that got me fanning myself ahahahah what a hottie hehee The storyline will pick up since Bori is finally taking control of her own life and decisions ! Whoot. And Jin Sung looks attractive now(; Ouuu I can't wait to see the renuion between him and Min Jung !

leemyis

Glamorous Diamond
Episodes 19 and 20 seems to be the best so far for me. I love the chemistry between my OTP and others. Can't wait to watch this week's episodes. JHWa and BR are so cute.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
I agree: 19 and 20 are the best episodes so far. It's like FINALLY, things are moving along. You know it's always the bad girl who finds out the truth first in these switched identity dramas, but I'm glad she did because once one person knows, it's only a matter of time before the truth gets revealed. However, if we thought she was horrible to Bo Ri before, she's totally going to go all in and beyond now. I can't imagine how this will go on for 30 more episodes, though.

And seriously, Jae Hwa is so adorable. I don't know how he survived 5 years resisting the urge to check in on Bo Ri because he's so into her.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Omg 7 episodes in amd I already hate MJ. That little girl who portray her is real good. I have yet to see their adult form.

This will be my side drama, so I will only watch it when I feel like it lol

So far I feel and for everyone except MJ and her mom. Seriously I am still at the kid version, I cant imaginr watchig MJ as an grown lady.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
fun said:
Omg 7 episodes in amd I already hate MJ. That little girl who portray her is real good. I have yet to see their adult form.

This will be my side drama, so I will only watch it when I feel like it lol

So far I feel and for everyone except MJ and her mom. Seriously I am still at the kid version, I cant imaginr watchig MJ as an grown lady.
Fun! I get the goosebumps just thinking of MJ! OMG She's one character to freaking hate lol argh.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I dont know who i hate more, lee joong gun (hk), min jung or nahkin!!!

But i seriously want to use my phone to teleport in cjbr and strangle mj's mom. She is the biggest bitch to ever walk this planet, how can she even lay one finger on eun bi! I get that she loves her daughter but she didnt need to hit someone else daughter. She should know how her daughter is and then she blames eun bi (bo ri) i personally like the name eun bi better. If she lays another finger on eun bi, she is gonna get hunted down in my dreams and i will kill her.

Again i feel sorry for everyone except those two pair of mother daughter. Im not bothered by jae hee and his mother... yet. But i have a feeling i will resent jae hee's mother soon.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Hahahaha ahahha fun lol gosh I'm avoiding HK right now. I'm enjoying this drama more than HK lol

Jae Hee's mother gets on my last nerves too !!!!!! Goodness sake, she never know how to shut up. She literally runs her mouth everytime her scenes come up. I'm on episode 24 and I'm getting all emotional here........don't want to spoil anything for you......

I feel so sad for Bori.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Why do I have a feeling that the Aunt knew Bo Ri is Eun Bi from the very beginning. The time jump was not properly done. Jae Hwa's half sister should be 15 since the time jumped 15 years later. But what bothers me is that Jae Hwa's half sister doesn't look 15 LOL why would a 15 year old be alone in the States and how was she able to get plastic surgery without the consent from her parents? 

Since I am behind every comment will notify which episode I am on. Spoilers is welcome. Reading it is different from watching it unfold so it is not really a spoiler for me.
(currently starting on episode 9)

fun

Expired Sarnie
I kind of dislike Bo Ri. I hate candy heroine who allows other to beat them up if they upset their older siblings. That mother can dig a whole and die, she couldn't even tame her wild child. Min Jung adult version by far is already killing me and I am only at 10. I don't think I can stand her in 40 more episode of her. I am sorry but even her younger self was smarter. I sort of wish they will take the lakorn route and have her die LOL Death is just too easy but to deal with her, I rather have her die. 

I guess the Aunt is unaware of Bo Ri's real identity. How can you spend 15 years in the same block and not see Bo Ri as a kid? Writer-nim is sure on my nerves LOL Ga Eul is a high school drop out? 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Finished up to ep.15

And i thought Hotel King was bad, this is worse. I have absolutely nothing nice to say about this drama. The writernim is trying to hard to make the audience sympathize with min jung. She has taken the crown to most conniving bitch nang rai from the nang rai in stairway to heaven. It has almost been a decade since i hatedkim tae hee lol