King and Queen of Lakorns

nguco19892012

sarNie Egg
When see the tittle i immediatle think about KA. :woot2: :woot:
As same as you.
In young generation, maybe Alex is a good acting, but he is short and not handsome like other. So pity for him. Agree about actress, but i think some like Margie, Kim can be top actress in future, i see their potental

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I think Matt qualifies as princess for the younger generation. She has taken on different roles and conquered them all. One has to tune into her lakorns to notice how talented she is. I never thought I'd like her until I gave her a chance. She blew me away in comedy! Then again in drama. Haha.

As for prince, I have no idea. I don't think Alex is fitting for this position since he doesn't have the physique. But his acting is top notch. For now, the person I see who has chemistry with most of his co-stars is Toomtam. His acting is also improving + the boy can sing! 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
The older generation I would have to say Willy (even if he's not acting anymore).  There is no one like him as of yet. Even Ken to me will not match his look. He to me, seemed to have it all. 

The new generation Princess I will also have to go with Matt. You can't say she's not good if you never give her a chance. And you have to compare her comedy roles, to her dramatic ones and to the one she play with Boy in order to judge her fairly. She is that versatile. As I have stated before, you can not be a great actress by playing similar roles or roles that require next to nothing. And you can't be just a pretty face to get votes as being the best. Matt isn't the most beautiful or has a gentle N'ek look. She has a unique evil look about her as a N'ek but when she is required to be one thing for her character she makes it work and does it wonderfully.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Byebye, despite being a KA fan, I have to admit that I love Willy and Anne more. I have a tough time choosing between Willy and Ken, but I'd have to go with Willy also because he's just so perfect in every aspect. I think I like Willy more as an individual actor in comparison to Ken. I rarely tune into Ken's lakorns without Anne. If Willy were to pair up with someone I liked during his earlier years, I would've tuned into all of them, but a majority of his lakorns were with Mew so I didn't watch them because I didn't liked their pairing. Sadly, Willy's not acting anymore. That's why Ken takes the throne for this one. 

Jana, even if Alex was p'ek, I still don't think he fits p'ek. He's a great actor but I just can't watch his lakorns. He doesn't give me the p'ek aura.  

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I saw the title and thought about KA immediately. They have great acting skills and beautiful personality. I love them mainly because they never had any bad scandals. 

Prince - I agree with Alex but I also think Nadech. 
Princess - Matt Peeranee, I think it sucks that she is underrated, she's so good in KRGR.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
KA are definitely the king and queen of lakorns. Can't deny that. They've proven that throughout their many years of acting together and also their individual work. :clap2:
For the prince of lakorns, I agree that Alex's acting is pretty amazing. It's just too bad that he doesn't have the look that appeals to most people. :weep: Beauty is subjective, but I feel like all you really need to be considered pra'ek material is a face and build that the majority of viewers find attractive. Alex is cute to me, but most people wouldn't describe him as "handsome" or "attractive". I don't know who else at the moment can hold the title as the prince of lakorns. Maybe Nadech, Toomtam, or Porshe?
Matt is also an actress whose acting is really good. I feel the same is true about her as with Alex though. She isn't what many would consider beautiful or "nang'ek material". I personally think she has a very unique and edgy look to her, and I admire that about her. But truthfully speaking, I think she's more suitable as nang'rai. She and Ploy Chermarn are two actresses who are quite impressive in their portrayals of their characters, but their acting and looks fall more into the rai category. They excel best in those types of roles I believe. :yes: :strong: The actresses who have the most potential as the princess of lakorns in my opinion is either Kimberley, Taew, or Margie. These actresses have the sweet nang'ek look, but they can also transform their appearance and acting into fierce and sometimes even unlikable nang'eks. :thumbsup:

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I'd say that Weir is the prince of lakorns but he's a bit too old to be a prince. Lol. I think he falls within the older generation.

jeedlove

sarNie Hatchling
Hands down, Willy and Mew. Willy has all the qualifications and perfect attributes of a praek. No one in this generation can even compare to him whether it's looks, personality or acting with the exception of Ken Theradeeth. I love Ken but Willy will always have a special place in my heart. Mew is a wonderful actress! She can take on any role and it comes out natural and believable. Her acting in the lakorn Sai See Plerng alone already establishes how good of an actress she really is. There's a reason why majority of her works are well loved classics in lakorn history and all of them are being remade, one by one. She's not the prettiest and in fact, I didn't even like her at first because she didn't appeal to me but once I opened my mind and watched her acting, I was blown away. She's also one of the rare actresses that I highly respect. There's never a moment where I sense any fake-ness, immaturity or unprofessionalism from her. 

As for the younger generation, I think Great and Matt have the best potential thus far. Matt actually reminds me a lot of Mew. Her acting abilities are great that I'm able to disregard her rai looks. Alex is not bad but has a strong tendency to overact. He's not to the point where I'm able to overlook his lack of height and voice lol. 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
When I read the title of Prince Willy was the first person I think of. If anyone ever play a role of a Prince so spot on older or newer generation no one...I mean no one would make me believe he is a Prince more than Willy. He has that Pra'ek authority figure, as if I am the man, I can be a badass and what are you going to do about it?

Anonymous: That is why I regard Matt as one of the best. She is not your typical N'ek with the innocent face. But when she is required to wipe that evil look of hers and act the character it is gone. She soften her look and make me believe in her and that takes talent. As for Margie, I don't think she is that good in comedy yet. She overact and the way she raised her eyebrows and thrust her chin out annoys me. She is rather forced in funny roles. Unfortunately, nowadays you don't have to be a good actress to make it big. It depends a lot now on kookwan and having a pretty face.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
I can't think of any actor or actress in this generation whose acting is up there along with having the look of a leading man/woman, so I went with Nadech, Toomtam, or Porshe for the guys and Kimberley, Taew, or Margie for the girls. These six actors aren't perfect by any means, but they're the only ones who stand out to me as having the most potential all around. On acting alone though, I would say that Alex and Matt steal the title as prince and princess of lakorns. :D :thumbsup:

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
byebye said:
Anonymous: That is why I regard Matt as one of the best. She is not your typical N'ek with the innocent face. But when she is required to wipe that evil look of hers and act the character it is gone. She soften her look and make me believe in her and that takes talent. As for Margie, I don't think she is that good in comedy yet. She overact and the way she raised her eyebrows and thrust her chin out annoys me. She is rather forced in funny roles. Unfortunately, nowadays you don't have to be a good actress to make it big. It depends a lot now on kookwan and having a pretty face.
She is one of the best. I agree. Matt is a stunning woman (I love the boldness she gives off) and I've watched her lakorns, but she just doesn't convince me completely as a nang'ek. To me, she's like Joy Rinlanee and Ploy Chermarn. Both are phenomenal actresses, but most convincing in rai roles. I'm not denying that Matt has talent. :)
I also dislike that nowadays, fans focus more on koo jins and just being pretty. That's why I don't follow actresses that I feel can only offer that much. That doesn't mean I don't find certain koo jins cute though and won't watch lakorns specifically for them. My point is, the actresses that do make it to my favorites list are the ones I see with true acting ability. So for that matter, Matt can also be considered one of my favorites. But I prefer her in rai or tougher roles as I said, whereas for the others that I mentioned, I favor them as nang'eks. Also, for koo jins, I do admit that I like some of them and I do follow them as a PAIR, but I don't and won't praise the actor or actress individually for their acting if I honestly don't believe that they can act well. And if the actresses that I like also do happen to have a koo jin, that's good. But I don't follow them based on their chemistry/popularity with that one actor only. In fact, I'd encourage and wish for them to focus more on their individual work instead to improve and expand as an actress. ^_^

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I've been thinking hard on this topic, hence the delay in response. Haha. These are my picks for Queen and King's from the 80's to today, as well as the Prince and Princess who may eventually become King and Queen in the future. Without further ado, my choices.

King of Lakorns

-Tua Saranyu (80's-90's): No doubt he reigned during this era. He was a hot commodity and a top notch actor, acting in lakorns, films, and musicals. Along with this exceptional talent of his, he had the authentic Thai look, which CH7 will probably never be able to find again in anyone.

-Willy McIntosh (90's-00's): He marked the beginning of the lukreung era. With his striking good looks and masculine appeal he took this era by storm, stealing the hearts of young and older women alike. With the skills he had in acting, there's no denying this place of his.

-Ken Theeradeth (00's-CURRENT): A phenomenal actor he is, there's no wonder he's the current reign of this era. He is an acting machine having taken up all the roles there is in the lakorn industry. Til this day there has yet to be anyone who can take over the throne.

Queen of Lakorns

-Anne Thongprasom (90's-CURRENT): Irreplaceable and a one-of-a-kind actress who's reign begins from the late 90's. She alone can take on any actor and actress. From comedy to melodrama, she's done all. She has the power to turn tables by make an uninteresting lakorn interesting and an untalented actor seem talented. She's one of the few actresses who's daring, yet still maintains a clean image outside of acting. I've never seen anyone quite like her and I don't think I ever will.

Prince of Lakorns

-Nadech Kugimiya: A potential King of Lakorns in the future. He not only has good looks, he has talent as well and relatively more talent than his peers. Only time will tell how far his acting will take him.

Princess of Lakorn

-TBD

fun

Expired Sarnie
The McIntosh siblings. As much as I love KA, the duo bro&sis reigned.

Theres no age limit to being a prince/princess. If Rome had mapped out his career better after KKKJ, he would have been listed as a prince. Thus I will save the title to Nadech, I see potential in him but like someone mentioned he has paired up with Yaya and he has only 4_5 lakorn under his belt after debuting in 2009_2010.

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
phatman said:
Why thank you. Hehe. I'm not that great of a writer, just rambling. :ghehe:
Psh, those who claim they aren't good at what they do are usually the BEST at what they do! :thumbsup: But no problem. Hehe. :p

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I love Tua Saranyu. Watched most of his lakorns back in the days. He was perfect when halfies were not a thing in Thai just jet. Most of his lakorns were just classic Thai lakorns.

Nadech, at the moment is very limited in is acting and that is due to a greater part with Yaya. If he breaks away from her and have his own identity he would have improved and become a better actor. I see them and it reminds me of their past lakorns. And if he continues to be stuck to his kookwan I don't see him as a Prince of anything JMHO.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Yesss Byebye! I was going to mention Tua Saranyu. You and I think alike. Besides Phatman, I think you're my other twin. Lol.