[tvN] Liar Game

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm sort of shocked and surprised.... why?  I don't want a remake of this... I don't.. :(  My Matsuda Shota was perfect... :3 but no not because of that, I kind of don't want a Korean remake because they're changing a lot of stuff already..

For example, like the main guy's character, and especially making "Liar Game" a reality game show.  Like... NO!

KIM SO EUN, LEE SANG YON, and SHIN SUNG ROK CONFIRMED FOR THE UPCOMING KOREAN (JAPANESE DRAMA ADAPTATION) 'LIAR GAME'

According to tvN, Kim So Eun, Lee Sang Yoon and Shin Sung Rok have been
confirmed to star in tvN’s new drama Liar Game based on the original
Japanese comic series of the same title by Shinobu Kaitani.
Liar
Game is a story about an innocent college student with a debt (Kim So
Eun) and a genius con man and a former psychology professor (Lee Sang
Yoon) who participate in the liar game reality show, where only the one that succeeds in tricking the opponent wins the game.

Kim So Eun will be acting as a friendly and innocent college student
Nam Da Jung while Lee Sang Yoon will be acting as a genius con man and a
former psychology professor Cha Woo Jin. Shin Sung Rok will be starring
as the maker of the ‘Liar Game’ reality show and the MC, Kang Do Young.
(c) MNETAMERICA

*I'm hoping for a good series in this. I know that we are very sure
that they won't win against the original, but let's see how Koreans will
do it. From the news above, we can infer some differences from the
original drama.
(1) Akiyama Shinichi will be a former psychology
professor here. Unlike in the original manga and Japanese drama, he was
an ex-criminal (being a pro swindler)
(2) They pertained the Liar
Game to a reality show. What is the meaning of this? In the original
story line, Liar Game is not known as a show, but as a game to prove
that there are already no honest people that exist.
(3) They have an
MC. Yes. It's the same as the manga. But I'm also wondering if the MC
would have a mask. But still for me, the 'Saw-like' puppet on-screen was
the BEST.
cr:JapaneseDramaFanpage on FB

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have not liked any Korean remakes at all. I actually prefer Taiwanese remakes of manga and animation. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Anyone watching this. I have not read the original manga (I just downloaded the first 5 chapter) nor watch the Japanese adaption but I really like the Korean adaption so far. The only thing I don't like is that it is formatted as a television reality show. I am currently on episode 4 as you can see my ever growing list of drama.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I wish they kept the transgender plot in the Korean version and I wish there was a tiny bit more romance involved since Nam Da Jung hardly gets any screen time nor does she play a significant role in here. The mystery surrounding the amount of episode is still in dark water. Some say it ends at 10 that means we are left with only 2 more episode but some says that it has been extended to 12 episode. I think if they do include more romance, it may be possible to have it a regular kdrama length of 16 episode. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
Super excited for today's episode. I do hope they extend this. 10 episode is just too short.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I had to pause every 5 minute to catch my breath. I haven't read the manga or watched the Japanese adaption but let me guess that the whole WJ's mother and Walden Two Project was what the Korean added to the plot. Definitely one reason why I dislike Korean adaption of any adaption they do from another country. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
To be honest, I didn't understand the ending. I think it was because I wasn't paying much attention to what was being said. I think I have to rewatch the last two episode. 

Korea version included a back story of how all the characters are tied together. The Japanese dorama was more focus on the theme of human greed. The manga focused on the games and strategies used. I was somewhat disappointed in the Korean version even though I just started reading the manga. But all will be forgiven if there is actually a season 2. I am planning on watching the Japanese adaption.