Expired Sarnie
Title: 미녀의 탄생 / Birth of a Beauty
Genre: Romance, Comedy
Episodes: 21
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-01 to 2015-Jan-11
Air time: Saturday & Sunday 21:55

Synopsis
This is a drama about a woman’s world changes after she loses weight.
Han Tae Hee (Joo Sang Wook) is the heir of a large company. He is suffering from a broken heart syndrome due to a psychological shock. To get the woman he loves back, he completely changes an unattractive and overweight Sa Geum Ran (Ha Jae Sook) to beautiful Sara (Han Ye Seul). In the process, Han Tae Hee falls in love with Sara.

Main Cast
Joo Sang Wook as Han Tae Hee
Han Ye Seul as Sara / Sa Geum Ran
– Ha Jae Sook as Sa Geum Ran
Jung Gyu Woon as Lee Gang Joon
Wang Ji Hye as Gyo Chae Yeon
Han Sang Jin as Han Min Hyeok
In Gyo Jin Gyo Ji Hoon

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
It just aired this pass wknd. I havent started on it.

Oh. I was just going to ask you how it is, since I'm now a Sangwook fan. Haha. I don't like Yeseul though. I can't stand her acting...and her face. :ghehe: Sorry for being too blunt. 

fun

Expired Sarnie
I don't like the girl either but since she is dating one of my bias, I will give her a chance. 

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Is this a drama version of, "100 Pound Beauty"? Because the synopsis is pretty similiar. If so, I am totally going to tune it because, "100 Pound Beauty" is one of my favorite kmovies. :)

fun

Expired Sarnie
The only similarity is that she is overweight and went under the knife for a transformation. 

I am honestly against plastic surgery but then again I am not against anyone who wants one done or has gotten ps. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
fun said:
I don't like the girl either but since she is dating one of my bias, I will give her a chance. 

*Sigh* Who's your bias that she's dating?? From the look of your profile pic and title...someone from YG???? No way!!

Edit: TEDDY???! Say what? HAHA. Wow, I can't imagine that she's his type considering he's such a bad*ss hip hopper. Well, I don't even know how Ye Seul is, so...I guess. But Teddy??? Nah man, not Teddy. I disapprove of this relationship!! Haha. Jk jk. Oh well, gotta accept that no matter.....

.....urgh Teddy? 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Hahah she's dating Teddy ;p

Ahhh I am enjoying BOAB ^^ no that many lol moments yet but i like it enough to continue on ^^

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
ip.smilez said:
Hahah she's dating Teddy ;p

Ahhh I am enjoying BOAB ^^ no that many lol moments yet but i like it enough to continue on ^^

Yes! I'm still in shock. Haha. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I honestly think Lee Shi Young would've been a better pick as Sara. She's a better actress, prettier, and...unfortunately more plastic looking. Haha. I'm a big fan of LSY, but can't avoid the fact that she looks very fake when she's not smiling. Hehe. I would've loved to see her and JSW pair up.

hazelsky

sarNie Hatchling
I'm enjoying this ATM, well mostly for JSW. The LOL moments are hilarious. I can't wait for this weekend.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm semi enjoying this. I'm loving every inch of SW and his character, but I absolutely detest Yeseul. Sorry for being too harsh, but I'm really not liking her acting at all. She tries too hard I just can't feel her character. Why did it have to be her?? She's not that attractive either, so...I just don't get it, I'm sorry. She's ruining this drama for me.....

fun

Expired Sarnie
I got caught up with the two episode. I am appalled by the content of this show. I don't like how they are glorifying plastic surgery and the need to loose weight for the sake of having a life!!! The perception of bigger people is sickening. Well then again it's not a surprise, we are talking about Korea where being thin, pale, high nose bridge, double eye lid and heart shape face is valued and appreciated. I mean it's fine to be thin and sure I do encourage people who are overweight to shed off some pounds but never have I looked down on someone so badly like that. 

By the way, Han Ye Seul beauty is beyond exaggerated in the show and on Running Man lol She is indeed pretty but not to that extent. Did anyone get a good laugh that Han Ye Seul didn't get bigger breast, bigger butt and curve? What's the point of plastic surgery from head to toe when you don't focus on those 3. Like it was pointless to get a boob job done when it seemed like there was no change lol The reality of this is just not there. Who in the hell heals that fast from a head to toe procedures? It should at least take half a year to heal all the scars.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Oh my gosh. I wrote a whole bunch of stuff and accidentally pressed the back button before I saved it. Shoot...grr....now I gotta think about what I wrote!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
*SIGH* So yes fun, I agree with you. I think it's ridiculous how Korea thinks beauty equals big eyes, double eyelids, white skin, sharp chin and bony arms and legs. 
For entertainment purposes though, I'm fine with the plastic surgery part because it is after all to entertain us cinematic lovers. I'm just annoyed by the fact that these writers are taking extreme to another level. The pretty is beyond beautiful while the plump is extreme overweight....? WTH.

Yes, I'm still having a good laugh at their portrayal of this supposedly "PERFECT" Yesuel. She ain't got no body. Haha. Too thin in my book. I've already forgotten how long Sa Geumran was pronounced dead. I know it wasn't a year though. It would've been better if she was away for at least two years to recover...into this perfectly unmarked and unscarred Sara. Better yet they should've made her EXERCISE and lose weight over a course of five years. Some people become unrecognizable after losing a fairly large amount of weight, so I don't see how this doesn't fit the storyline...just saying. 

We'll see how things go. I'm more interested in knowing about Han Taehee. First he's not a doctor and now he doesn't even own the place he's been staying. Who is he? What is his identity? Personally without this subplot, I don't think I'd want to continue watching.  

fun

Expired Sarnie
It has been 49 Days since her passing and her plastic surgeries recovery. 

Oh yes she is dating Teddy Park. Han Ye Seul was born and raised in Los Angeles. 

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
@phatman:
You'll learn more about Tae Hee's identity in ep3&4. :)

Arghhhh Kang Joon is such a heartless punkkk & doesn't deserve GR's love at all. I wonder what made him to decide to marry her when it seems like he just married her so she can take care of his family & grandmother when he was gone. Smh

I actually like the main guy. Can't believe he was from The Cunning Single Lady lol I've tried watching that drama before but ended up not liking it however after watching him in here, I'll be going back to watch TCSL lol He's handsome indeed. And as for HYS, I honestly think they should've made her wore a fat suit then again it wouldn't make sense because this storyline is about PS and her looking totally different. The lady who played the first GR deserves an award !! She made me shed tears for her!!! Now I can't wait for the next episodes to see who things will go down since some things were revealed !

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have been busy lately with other dramas that I forgot that this airs on the weekend. Need to watch episode 3&4. 

Smilez, I love Ha Jae Suk, she's a comedian who plays the role of Sa Geum Ran. And Smilez you will love Joo Sang Wook in Cunning Single Lady. The premise and editing was weak but it's very enjoyable. You will love it when he tries to win back his ex wife, guarantee you will <3 him to pieces.