Expired Sarnie
Title: 피노키오 / Pinocchio
Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Family
Episodes: 20
Broadcast network: SBS
Broadcast period: 2014-Nov-12 to 2015-Jan-15
Air time: Wednesday & Thursday 21:55

Synopsis
It is 2000, and Ki Ha Myung (Nam Da Reum) is leading a happy life with his parents and older brother Jae Myung (Yoon Kyun Sang), until his father Ki Ho Sang (Jung In Ki), the captain of the firefighting squad, dies in a factory explosion during a rescue attempt along with several of his men. When Ho sang’s body is initially missing, the media sensationalizes the case by scapegoating him. In a battle for ratings, cold and calculating MSC reporter Song Cha Ok (Jin Kyung) alleges that Ho Sang survived the blast, and is currently in hiding because he was responsible for the deaths of his men. This causes the Ki family to become outcasts in their neighborhood and objects of national scorn. Ha Myung’s mother attempts to kill herself and her younger son by jumping off a cliff, and Jae Myung blames their deaths on the media, particularly Cha Ok.
But Ha Myung is alive, having been rescued from the water by Choi Gong Pil (Byun Hee Bong), a kindly elderly man who lives on Hyangri Island. Gong Pil, who may either have Alzheimer’s disease or trauma-induced memory loss, believes that Ha Myung is his older son Choi Dal Po, a simpleton who had died thirty years ago. Ha Myung, who has no one else in the world, embraces the deception and treats Gong Pil as his father. Gong Pil officially adopts Ha Myung, now named Dal Po, and places him in the family register as his eldest son. So five months later, when Gong Pil’s younger son Choi Dal Pyung (Shin Jung Geun) moves to the island with his daughter Choi In Ha (Noh Jung Ui), they are flabbergasted to be told by Gong Pil to address a mere boy as their “older brother” and “uncle,” respectively. In Ha has “Pinocchio syndrome,” which causes her to hiccup whenever she tells a lie. She idolizes her mother, and hates living on the island after her parents’ divorce. The fledgling friendship between Dal Po and In Ha is dashed, however, when he learns that In Ha’s mother is none other than Song Cha Ok.
Five years later, Dal Po (Lee Jong Suk) and In Ha (Park Shin Hye) are high school seniors and classmates at their small town high school in 2005. Dal Po, who is actually a genius, pretends to be dumb (like the real Dal Po) and gets all zeroes in his test scores. With his last place class standing and scruffy, country bumpkin hair, Dal Po is friendless at school while In Ha is the most popular girl. Dal Po secretly likes In Ha, and he is forced to join a televised quiz show at first to prevent an admirer from confessing to her on national TV, then later to protect her from losing a bet. At the TV studio, he runs into the show producer Hwang Gyo Dong (Lee Pil Mo), who had been a YGN reporter and one of Cha Ok’s rivals, but changed careers after what happened to the Ki family. After seeing Dal Po on TV, and knowing that her Pinocchio syndrome limits her career choices, In Ha decides to become a journalist.
In passionate pursuit of the truth, In Ha and Dal Po later become newbie reporters at a current affairs news desk. Among their colleagues are Seo Bum Jo (Kim Young Kwang), who comes from a rich chaebol family, and Yoon Yoo Rae (Lee Yoo Bi), once an idol sasaeng fan who now uses those obsessive and determined traits in her new job. (Source)

Cast
Park Shin Hye as Choi In Ha
– Noh Jung Ui as Choi In Ha (young)
Lee Jong Suk as Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myung
– Nam Da Reum as Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myung (young)
Kim Young Kwang as Seo Bum Jo
Lee Yoo Bi as Yoon Yoo Rae

dariey

sarNie Adult
maybe i'm gonna give a try on this since the first ep seem interesting.glad to see PSH got a fresh roles.i like her character this time compare to her usual role before.first ep start with sad childhood memory.can't wait to see what gonna happen to the 2 brothers.as for ep 2 focus more on cute interaction between dal po and in ha.i love how LJS portray his madness toward gyo dong and broadcast.words with hatred but sadness at the same time.

fun

Expired Sarnie
I have a Park Shin Hye allergy after You're Beautiful. When PSH first appearance in the drama, I just stopped. I heard good reviews so far so I thinking of giving this another chance. Well I have nothing to do anyway since I am too sick to get out of bed.

dariey

sarNie Adult
just like you but maybe she still watchable to me but depend on the drama storyline first.she just need to drop those all her prev cute-innocent roles coz that just cringe me to hell.relieve she have different character this time so i can enjoy the drama.since the director and writer are the same with i hear your voice so you can still see and feel the touch of similarity here and there. 

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I decided i wasn't going to tune into this drama but Lee Jong Suk was just dragging me to watch it. 

at times i don't mind Park Shin Hye's character but here and there its gets to me, i sometime want to skip her scenes but decide not too. What's the point of watching a drama if i'm going to skip it right?? She still seems a little stiff but it's watchable. I just don't like how naive her character is though. It still reminds me of her past characters. They have similarities here and there but it alright. 

Ummmm, Lee Jong Suk. I like him. That's all I have to say. It's impossible for me not to like him. His character kind of reminds me of his past character in Doctor Stranger, but I like his role in both dramas. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
NAIVE..thats the characters that she repetitively have which make me always FF her scene.not blame on her just her character she got.
i thought i'm going to drop this too at first but i just love the drama between the brothers and broadcast and LJS act here.they make me want to see how the broadcast will do to repent on their previous wrong doing.

dariey

sarNie Adult
another emotional ep last night.from in ha-mother,dalpo-granpa,jaemyung-dead dad to emotional dalpo scene,so many tears to shed.even there is cheesiness too but i like the intense scene more where dalpo start to explode with his anger when the fire incident become the topic for audition.the father dead news has been reveal,now i want the brother reunion.well i still don't get the purpose of bumjo role here.out of no where but head over heel already for inha.weird..

it seem i always enjoy LJS sad & bitter scene nowadays hahaa.oh forgot 1 of the best part of ep4 when dalpo become dalporella lol.cut the long shaggy hair,cease the old wear for short brown hair and a sut.handsome overload.*fangirling*
about the cheesy scene like toast kiss(can that be call a kiss too?lol donno) it really remind me of donut kiss in the heir.it must be a trend now hahaa.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
so sad, so sad. I never realize how sad it is to watch a really cute guy cry so sad. I feel LJS character he is still traumatize by the lies the media spread about his family. But how come the brother don't know that there both still alive????? At some parts its get really frustrated because they keep skipping ahead of time and it's annoying me. But at some scenes it's like I'm getting into the moment when I know everything is going on and then the whole scene just jumps way ahead of me and i dont know whats going on anymore makes me so mad. I dont know if its just me but ya know what i mean right??

I feel the brother also. So sad. Their family deserves an sincere apology from everyone who criticize them. 

Ergh, LOL "ALMOST" kiss scene was so cheesy made me unbearably not want to watch it but did and made me cringe like a idiot. LOL Just kidding. I almost died. I had my moment when watching PSH and LJS scenes made me have my fangirl moment but No matter what I still dont feel the chemistry between them but i guess well get there.  

I don't know I just can't seem to like PSH character. I don't really see how this drama is called Pinocchio when the main focus is on LJS character. I know PSH character has a "Pinocchio" syndrome but still the plot isn't about her, she's the leading lady and I also understand that but the plot still surrounds LJS's character the most. 

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Kikichue1 said:
so sad, so sad. I never realize how sad it is to watch a really cute guy cry so sad. I feel LJS character he is still traumatize by the lies the media spread about his family. But how come the brother don't know that there both still alive????? At some parts its get really frustrated because they keep skipping ahead of time and it's annoying me. But at some scenes it's like I'm getting into the moment when I know everything is going on and then the whole scene just jumps way ahead of me and i dont know whats going on anymore makes me so mad. I dont know if its just me but ya know what i mean right??

I feel the brother also. So sad. Their family deserves an sincere apology from everyone who criticize them. 

Ergh, LOL "ALMOST" kiss scene was so cheesy made me unbearably not want to watch it but did and made me cringe like a idiot. LOL Just kidding. I almost died. I had my moment when watching PSH and LJS scenes made me have my fangirl moment but No matter what I still dont feel the chemistry between them but i guess well get there.  

I don't know I just can't seem to like PSH character. I don't really see how this drama is called Pinocchio when the main focus is on LJS character. I know PSH character has a "Pinocchio" syndrome but still the plot isn't about her, she's the leading lady and I also understand that but the plot still surrounds LJS's character the most. 

Dal Po thinks his brother abandoned him and his mother... so technically he knows his brother is still alive somewhere.
His brother on the other hand believes that "Dal Po" also made the suicide jump into the water with their mother, and died.

The time jumping can be confusing a bit... you just have to pay attention to the captions when it tells you the date.

I really like this show already. I think now that Dal Po's father's remains have been found and his death solved, the story will focus on the budding relationship/romance between Dal Po and In Ha. Dal Po has already faced In Ha's mother and has come to terms with his father's mystery, so I think this is when the story will pick up. I hope he and his brother will finally meet so that they can have each other for support.

The guy that is "stalking" In Ha is a little weird. Who would wait 10 years to speak to someone? What a strange guy. And he acts as if he's already her savior or something. I hope his character doesn't become too much of a burden between In Ha and Dal Po. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
another 2 interesting episodes with less serious than previous episodes and lots of cute and funny scene.now dalpo and inha officially become frenemies lol.dalpo for ygn broadcast and inha for msc broadcast.still don't get how beomjo be so into inha but he has cute character here.a rich boy who just got out from his comfortable world..lol.

the thing that make me more concern is about the big bro.hope he is not the killer of those dead man.it will be sad for dalpo if it become true.they didn't have chance to meet yet.

can't wait for next episode who will have most rating for their news cover..ygn or msc.

dariey

sarNie Adult
after having cute past episodes now we go back to the intense one.ygn lost the battle.now dalpo have meet his brother but with the clue that bro is the suspect of case.he fighting with himself now since he going to make news for the case related to his bro.he want to save his bro but at the same time he need to be honest as reporter.now bro is mad at dalpo for lied to him about him being a reporter coz we know how much bro hate reporter.so intense..owh bro still didn't know dalpo is his little bro.at the same time whoever like inha & dalpo relationship progress in ep 8 theydecide to be honest with themselve.so there a little romance for whoever like.
so far i like the storyline.the producer and writer have every episode with each own plot without drag and the flow of the drama is smooth with proper continuation.

forgot to add the bromance scene in ep 8.just pure love how dalpo give a longing look to his bro.the 'hyung' scene so touch but sad when the scene big bro mad at him.hope big bro turn out safe.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I got to say it!!! Dont hate me. I like Park Shin Hye BUT I absolutely hate Inha, I hate Park Shin Hye character so much. She is more naive than her other characters. Inha believes in her mother so much, for the greater good of everything Inha's mother is some type of god. Or am I reading this wrong??? I can not stand her character. (you would think after your mother telling you...u cant become a reporter. you would prove ur mother wrong. your mom left u and didn't even check up on you. She abandon you for her own benefit. Not once did she ever visited you, talk to you, kept in contact with you EVER!! Your mother is not even a mother she is a complete stranger to u. How can you say mother so easily to a person you've only seen on tv??) Point is...Park Shin Hye character was so poorly written, not clearly develop and I'm sure they didn't know what to go about her character at all. I mean seriously, look at Dalpo character..he couldn't even call his brother by his name or even tell his brother who he really is. Not only bc he scared of the outcome of what his brother may become but also bc its been so long since he met his brother that he couldn't barely utter words to his brother without hesitating.

But Inha character has been deprive of a mother for longer than Dalpo's character has.... and to mention one more thing about Park Shin Hye's character......when she has to repeat herself so many times again is where it's starts getting annoying. "Because I am a Pinocchio, I can not lie.....you know if I do I'll start hiccuping" Does she really have to keep repeating herself over again?? I swear she says this more than once in a episode. 

As much as I love Lee Jong Suk, I can not say Dalpo is his best character bc its not. I would like him to be more expressive. His character is also kind of quiet, it would great if he talk more. But that kiss scene.....for a second Park Shin Hye had that look she always hv during her kiss scenes that looks like this !O.O!'  :eyetwitch:  :eyetwitch:  :eyetwitch:  :eyetwitch: and it was only for a moment but WHY DOES SHE HAVE TO LOOK SURPRISE ALL THE TIME??? ERGHHHHHHHH. 

As for the older brother, I want to see his scenes be longer, there too short.

As much as I love the bromance. I wish to see a longer scene between the two and a more development in the characters. I do think the pace of the drama is going great its not draggy and it doesn't bore me. I am anticipating for the next episode and am excited for the next outcome. 

dariey

sarNie Adult
that the same thought i have about the kiss.there you go psh big eyes over and over again..lol
i kind of hate what they make to bro character.its like he was less important than beomjo.until now i feel bj character is useless.the only thing he do is being inha tail..ergh waste of tallent.
compare ljs in IHYV and in here i would say i like his character here more.he kind of too compose there.but for doctor stanger i see he need to express more emotion since the storyline was heavy with drama and action.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Right I do agree that they hv some really good actors and actress in here and that they r wasting there talent. I also really hate it how some characters that r supposed to be important r not important so it does irritate me also hahaha but I understand what ur trying to say

x0unerthanlater

Ugh a kiss scene? I ALWAYS cringe during PSH's kiss scenes. I love the girl but she REALLY needs to improve on those scenes. She's not the young rookie actress anymore. Can someone please tell her to kiss forreal or just do angles or something. Anything but that "I'm-so-surprised-I-turned-into-a-robot" look on her face... I would even enjoy a peck on the cheeks.... geeezzzzzz

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
yea thats true her kiss with LJS is better than in the heirs but I just wish she changed it a bit and not hv such a surprise look on her face. I mean lets get real, first time its okay but after that it should "had" gotten better. LOL

dariey

sarNie Adult
agree.i can't even watch that kiss scene in the closet (it is the closet?can't remember..hahaa) too painful to watch

x0unerthanlater

dariey said:
agree.i can't even watch that kiss scene in the closet (it is the closet?can't remember..hahaa) too painful to watch

It was like a storage room or something. Yeah that was a bad kiss.
The 2nd kiss LJS gave her was okay. ^_^
I think the one(s) she did with Yoon Shi-Yoon was also good. (Flower Boy Next Door)