12 Lao Runners ready to hit 26.1mi of LA Marathon this weekend ! ^_^

anan

sarNie Adult
March 15th 2015: LA Marathon !

At the Convention Center, LA downtown to pick up our BIB number...

Start at the Dodger stadium(LA downtown)... & at the finish line at Santa Monica beach with our Finisher medals !! ^_^

It was my toughest marathon so far because of the HEAT: nearly 90°F !!!! :phew:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/more-30-hospitalized-during-sweltering-los-angeles-marathon-n324021

:dance1: After the LA marathon: TIME TO RELAX....  :weee: 

Little recovery run at OC...

Little jogging along the Santa Monica & Venice beach... :p

Beach, and Vitamin D charging... :p

at Santa Monica pier...

anan

sarNie Adult
fun said:
I almost died a 5k run. I don't think I will survive this one.

5K is already good!!!!...  I also started with a little 5K, then 10K, 20K and full marathon :p

Everybody can run a marathon !!! ^_^ just need a little bit of training & never give up ! ^_^

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Whoot whoo!! Congrats to you and the others Anan!!! How awesomely cool!!

I've always wanted to run a marathon... but that's for the future.. I need to build a physique that'll actually support me running first since I'm so out of shape and run out of breath so easilly. 

Once again, Congratulations on completing the marathon~~~~~~ :D

fun

Expired Sarnie
The first time I did a marathon, I speed walked lol it was just a mile but at that time I was really out of shape. But it was a start and I was real proud. Did a few more and gradually increase speed and decrease rest period. When I thought I was well ready for a 5K run, I felt like death was near when I finished one. I guess I should have not done an obstacle course run, it was real exhausting. The choice of outfit was not ideal because I was dragging extra weight after getting wet. I wore a long sleeved shirt and leggings to avoid the sun (i burn easily and no amount of sun screen and sunblock helps). Got hit by two gigantic balls, fell flat on my face in one course, slipped off a jumper, and kicked on my arm on one on the water slide. It was fun but I think I will stick with color run or something similar to that. The end resulted in a sore body especially my arm and butt and a burnt face. I should have wore a cap.

Anan maybe one day I might take this marathon into the consideration. I should keep doing a few more 5K run to build up.

anan

sarNie Adult
aikoden said:
Whoot whoo!! Congrats to you and the others Anan!!! How awesomely cool!!

I've always wanted to run a marathon... but that's for the future.. I need to build a physique that'll actually support me running first since I'm so out of shape and run out of breath so easilly. 

Once again, Congratulations on completing the marathon~~~~~~ :D

Thank you aikoden !!! ^_^
The first step is always the hardest !!!! but running is the easiest sport to start with smoothly & slowly & for everyone... whatever u wanna stay fit, back to shape... or dream to run a marathon one day.
Running (it was more "jogging") did help me to lose weight... until one day when my friend  challenged me to run a marathon... ^_^

anan

sarNie Adult
fun said:
The first time I did a marathon, I speed walked lol it was just a mile but at that time I was really out of shape. But it was a start and I was real proud. Did a few more and gradually increase speed and decrease rest period. When I thought I was well ready for a 5K run, I felt like death was near when I finished one. I guess I should have not done an obstacle course run, it was real exhausting. The choice of outfit was not ideal because I was dragging extra weight after getting wet. I wore a long sleeved shirt and leggings to avoid the sun (i burn easily and no amount of sun screen and sunblock helps). Got hit by two gigantic balls, fell flat on my face in one course, slipped off a jumper, and kicked on my arm on one on the water slide. It was fun but I think I will stick with color run or something similar to that. The end resulted in a sore body especially my arm and butt and a burnt face. I should have wore a cap.

Anan maybe one day I might take this marathon into the consideration. I should keep doing a few more 5K run to build up.

OMG, What a bad & awful memory u got on ur 1st run !!! lol... i wish i could be there to help u run more... freely!!! ^_^

5K is a good starting distance... start small, and have fun with the color run !!! ;) (I never tried that yet  lol... but it looks funny though, some of my friends did it).
Once u mastered the 5K... then u will want to go further with a 10K (and u should be proud of urself to be a  long distance runner :p ).

Keep it up !!! ^_^