Joy Rinlanee is Hotter than Ever; The Older She Gets, the More Famous She Becomes

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Translated interview from Sanookhttp://news.sanook.com/1810995/

Joy Rinlanee is Hotter than Ever; The Older She Gets, the More Famous She Becomes

Although she has been in the entertainment industry for 10 years, actress Joy Rinlanee was not very popular among fans until the last recent years of her career. After becoming a koo jin with young leading actor Alek Theeradeth, it appears that she has gotten more popular. Their chemistry was so compatible that fanclubs formed to support the two as their favorites. Even her work for events had gradually increased.
Some say that she has gotten this far due to the help of Alek Theeradeth, who is constantly making news with her. This helps Joy remain relevant, they say.

For this event, we met with Joy to talk about this matter. Joy revealed that she has to thank her old and new fans for supporting her. She said that Alek didn't help her make news, it's just that he's famous. If she was to be the type of person to make news for herself for the purpose of staying relevant, she would've done so a long time ago. Also about her getting more work, she says that it hasn't really increased. It's the same amount she had always been given. People may see that it increased because they've never paid attention to her until her recent popularity in the news.

People have been observing. The older you get, the more famous you become.
Thank you (laughs). As of right now, I have work coming in like the usual. However, it's probably because of me having news here and there. Honestly, it's always been like this.

When you're off, you also attend more events than before.
I attend many events because I'm the host. 80% of the events I attend is due to me being the host. The other 20% of events are ones where I am invited as a guest. You see me more often because I accept more hosting events. Honestly, I don't feel that I'm receiving more work than I usually get. I feel that I've always been like this. I always go with the flow. Something along that line.

However, your fanbase has increased. There are many who come cheer you on as well. 
I have to thank my last lakorn Gang Kaan Tong. It was a little bit more geared towards the younger generation. It made me gain many new supporters. Before, I didn't have much fans following me to cheer me on like this. I want thank everyone who adores me. I am very happy. Thank you for taking time out to come cheer for me at events.   

Some news say that you're only famous due to your koo jin wave with Alek Theeradeth.
I feel as though I'm at a point in my career where I don't need to become more famous. I've been in the industry for more than ten years. If I'm the type of person who likes to make news just stay relevant, I would've done so a long time ago. I had the opportunity to do a swimsuit photoshoot or other things like that. However, I feel that if I want to stay in the industry, I will do so through my skills and capability. If it involves doing something inappropriate, I will not do it. We have to consider our mother and father's feelings. Therefore, I don't have a reason to be more famous because I've been in the industry for awhile now.    

Some say that you and Alek don't have that great of a chemistry together.
I don't feel any type of way about that. I feel that as an actress/ entertainer, I will play my role the best I can. I have no control over who likes or do not like me. It is each and every person's own right to like or dislike me in a role. Therefore, it's not abnormal to have certain people like and dislike you.

Are you upset that people view  you this way? 
I'm not upset ka. As previously mentioned, we have our own standpoints on things. I don't have to take into account everyone's point of view and comments. People will have many things to say and view things differently. As long as I know where I stand and have never done anything to trouble people, I don't have to care about what everyone has to say. However, if I have done something wrong and they make comments on changes I need to better myself, I will listen and take their thoughts into consideration. That's a different story. I'm not very serious about how others view me because I am who I am.

I love this interview and how she answered things. It was genuine and real. No scripted answers of what people want to hear. You can tell it was Joy being Joy.  

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
Thanks for the translation.

I love Joy, and her responses were honest and great.  Yes, it's just Joy being Joy! :D 

I love how she states that If she wanted all the attention for fame then she would've done all those other kind of acts/jigs to boost her popularity whe she first debuted.  Instead she put work into her acting and it just builds from there.. and as much as I loved her as a n'ek, she makes one great n'rai too!!!  But yes, I would love to see her as n'ek again though.. *sniffsniff*

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
She's versatile and I like versatility in my n'eks. Yes, Joy does make a great n'rai so she can play feisty and revengeful n'eks if given the opportunity. If Anne is still playing n'ek at almost 40, they should also utilize Joy. I can still see her as n'ek even after playing rai for the past years. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
I love Joy more as a nangrai or maybe she just need to play a fiesty nangek role LIKE Sai Roong! Anne should remake it and either cast Matt or Joy, they would play the role well without looking annoying.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
But I love her as n'ek. She did well in comedy for Kuan Kaan Tong Gub Gang Por Pla Lai. She hasn't been given decent roles throughout her career besides Baan Sai Tong.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
They cut her off from being n'ek way too early but I suppose as n'rai her acting is better. She's one of the best n'rais. 

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I never really like her as n'ek until after that lakorn with Alek. She does look better as she age.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Mahalo said:
But I love her as n'ek. She did well in comedy for Kuan Kaan Tong Gub Gang Por Pla Lai. She hasn't been given decent roles throughout her career besides Baan Sai Tong.
I think so too.

Besides Baan Sai Tong, none of her lead roles were memorable. She was great in Baan Sai Tong.

I like Joy as both, but please for the love of God, someone pair her and Lek as leads just for one lakorn! Is that too much to ask for? They have a solid fanbase, so it just comes to show, not all koojins are promoted by Ch. 3. Hahah.

rockateur

sarNie Hatchling
Nang aek or N'rai, all that matters to me is that she is generally a wonderful actress who excels in all the roles she's been entrusted with and I absolutely adore her personality. She has always given thorough and straightforward answers in her interviews. No fakeness/aeb-baew-ness or sugar coating. 

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
rockateur said:
Nang aek or N'rai, all that matters to me is that she is generally a wonderful actress who excels in all the roles she's been entrusted with and I absolutely adore her personality. She has always given thorough and straightforward answers in her interviews. No fakeness/aeb-baew-ness or sugar coating. 
You know, that brings up a great point. If you didn't know any better, you would quickly believe that the real Joy is like her nang'rai characters, sassy, annoying, sexy, and just overall, a hot mess, but the real Joy is so easy going, clumsy, cute, and conservative, completely the opposite of her roles. That's how good she is that people enjoy her as nang'rai but in reality, she's actually a nang'ake. Hahah.

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
aiyaja said:
You know, that brings up a great point. If you didn't know any better, you would quickly believe that the real Joy is like her nang'rai characters, sassy, annoying, sexy, and just overall, a hot mess, but the real Joy is so easy going, clumsy, cute, and conservative, completely the opposite of her roles. That's how good she is that people enjoy her as nang'rai but in reality, she's actually a nang'ake. Hahah.
That's like that nangrai who is playing as thip in pentor or the mom in namthaa khammathep. She can play the most horrible psychotic nangrai but in real life she is very religious, kindhearted, conservative, and humble.

I miss the nangrais of old, they were great.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Yup, Kik , I love it when she pay n'rai !Gig is another one of my favorite n'rai , she play as Reasmey in "Daoprasook" KOB/NUM . In real life she said she wouldn't hurt an ant HAHA & her husband adore her b/c she does her best to take care of him & the kids , wonder n'rai !

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Joy's awesome. They should give her a feisty n'ek role. She seems to be radiant lately. It must be happiness and enjoying life. 

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I love Joy. Loved her since BST. Hehe. I've been awaiting her return as nang'ek. Sigh......

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
I'm actually very glad that she's getting the fame she deserves, because she absolutely deserves every bit of it.  Sure it came late, but it's better than never.  She's indeed a great versatile actress, let alone an awesome host :D.  I've also loved the fact that she has always had this classy and conservative aura to her....and yes, her down to earth self hehe. I bet that must've been one of the reasons why I've grown to like her all these years.  I love her silliness, makes me recall one of my favorite Ratree Somosorn eps... which happened to be the episode JLR cast came in too by the way lol...

I wonder if her and Chai are still neighbors... and if so, if Chai ever showed his home to the viewers with Vicki hahaha.  They were adorable neighbors.  Thanks for subbing it back then Aiyaja :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SlQMlSfdzg