[KBS2] Descendants of the Sun (DotS) (2016)

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Drama: Descendants of the Sun (English & literal title)
Revised romanization: Taeyangui Hooye
Hangul: 태양의 후예
Director: Lee Eung-Bok
Writer: Kim Eun-Sook, Kim Won-Suk
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 16
Release Date: February 24 - April 14, 2016
Runtime: Weds. & Thurs. 21:55
Language: Korean

Plot: UN peacekeeping troops are dispatched to the war-torn country of Uruk. Captain Yoo Shi-jin, team leader of the Special Warfare Command unit, meets Kang Mo-yeon, a volunteer doctor with Doctors Without Borders. As they work alongside each other in disaster- and disease-stricken zones, Shi-jin and Mo-yeon clash then fall in love.

Cast
Song Joong-Ki - Yoo Shi-Jin
Song Hye-Kyo - Kang Mo-Yeon
Jin Goo - Seo Dae-Young
Kim Ji-Won - Yoon Myeong-Joo
Kang Shin-Il - Shi-Jin's father
Onew - Lee Chi-Hoon
Jo Woo-Ri - Doctor Jang
Hyun Jyu-Ni
Lee Seung-Joon
Lee Yi-Kyung
Lee Kwang-Soo - part-time worker (cameo)

Notes
1. Takes over the KBS2 Wed. & Thu. 21:55 time slot previously occupied by "The Merchant: Gaekju 2015."
2. First script reading took place on May 28, 2015 at KBS Annex Broadcasting Station in Yeouido, South Korea. 3. Song Joong-Ki and Song Hye-Kyo read scripts for ep.8 and ep.9 at the first script reading.
4. Drama series is actor Song Joong-Ki's first acting role since being discharged from the South Korean military on May 26, 2015.
5. Story is set in the fictional place of "Wooreukeu" with war and disease raging.
6. Filming began June 12, 2015 and Song Joong-Ki began filming July, 2015.
7. Filming took place in Greece for about a month from September 28, 2015. Main characters played by Song Joong-Ki and Song Hye-Kyo meet for the first time in Greece.
8. Filming finished in the early morning of December 30, 2015.
9. First drama series for KBS where filming will be completed prior to airing the drama series.

Official poster

Drama poster, the only one I could find so far, hopefully it is not an official one because the drama team & cast could do better. My guess was correct, this is not an official poster so while waiting for the official one, I will just use this poster then :).

I have no clue on what they are saying nor do I understand the sub, but looks like he is asking her out :lol:

Teaser #2

http://youtu.be/JAOPQeTF1i0

No clues on this teaser too

Teaser #1

http://youtu.be/rT_a-MHU-18

>>> see my post below for translations of the 2 teasers

It will premiere on February 24th! Woohoo :cheer: less than a month from now :cheer: Woohoo!!

Cr to wikipedia, asianwiki, YouTube & rightful owners

Ms.Zoe

I can't wait to watch it, now that I know the translations of the 2 teasers :dance2:.

http://youtu.be/JAOPQeTF1i0

This teaser #2 was released on Tuesday, early today by the production company for Descendants of the Sun labeling it as "The breathtaking moment between the Song-Song couple."

A scene of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo enjoying a flirty conversation :spin:.

Song Joong-ki asks, You probably dont have a boyfriend because youre a doctor, right? Youre busy working, in a playful manner.
You probably dont have a girlfriend, because youre a soldier. Youre busy, Song Hye-kyo sternly replies.

Hearing her reply, he grins lightly and whispers, Were asking too many questions.

Translation for teaser #1

http://youtu.be/rT_a-MHU-18

Song Joong Ki confesses to Song Hye Kyo in 'Descendants of the Sun' preview

The two very good looking people are having an intense conversation, and Song Joong Ki says, "About that time I kissed you without asking..." Song Hye Kyo says, "Don't talk about it until I bring it up." "What should I do?" he interrupts, "Should I apologize? Or should I confess?"

The drama will premiere in February 2016!

Cr to songhyekyozone IG

sarN

sarNie Granny
Song Hye Kyo sooo pretty ! I wish she does more drama . I want to see her in comedy or  revenge/suspense drama .

Ms.Zoe

Hi ladies,

@Kiki - I have not watched any of Song Joong Ki's dramas yet so this will be the first.

@sarN - Yes, I agree. The lady does not age or something lol. She has the best facial skin amongst the Korean actresses. The last drama she acted in was That Winter The Wind Blows & this was 2/3 years ago. I want to see her in revenge/suspense drama, a genre I have not seen her in yet or I think she have not been in this kind of drama genre yet :scratchhead2:.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
OMGAh song Hye Kyo would be the perfect actress for a revenge suspense drama but she busy in china with her movie and honestly I didn't think she would take this role and she did so I'm so hype for this drama. She is one of my favorite actress's also but she does very few dramas. If only she would re-unite with Rain LOL but then again after Rain's comeback starring with Krystal his acting has fallen short. It does suck me into the drama so yep. 

Song joong Ki I would like to see him in another revenge suspense drama, he is by far one of my top favorites not bc he has a pretty face but bc his acting is really superb. 

Ms.Zoe

The chances of Song Hye Kyo reuniting with her former costars are slim. I want her to reunite with Won Bin but that most likely will never happen, it is rare to see Korean actresses/actors reuniting with their former costars.

It is interesting that both stars' last names are Song. Descendants of the Sun -- Double of the Song :lol:. I am excited to see how their interactions will be onscreen since SHK is older than SJK lol. SJK has a youthful face but that is fine since he is older than me lol.

From the 2 teasers, we will be expecting a kiss/kisses lol. Teaser #2 will be awesome if SJK has injuries on his chest & SHK is putting bandages on him while they have the flirty conversation lol, the scene will be more intense lol.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
lol I think as long as the actor/actress that have played together both agree on reuniting it is possible although what you said was true it is rare for korean actor/actress reuniting but I wont get my hopes up just yet since co-stars like Ji-Sung and Hwang Jung-eum has have a reunite less then two years and Jung-eum also reunited with Park Seo Joong. 

But I am really looking forward to this drama, just seeing these teaser I think there will be a scene like that, the one she tends to his wounds......I have to say there is almost...almost almost almost one scene like that in every drama so I hope there is one. hahaha and I do hope there are lots of kisses...i also hope their chemistry blooms in the drama. 

Ms.Zoe

Why Hwang Jung Eum so lucky?! Lol...Since there is hope that Song Hye Kyo may reunite with one of her former costars then make that hope comes true fast & hopefully I like the former costar for her lol.

I do like scenes where the girl tends to the guy's wounds (especially when he is bare chested hehehe), it is like she is his angel, his savior lol. 

Ms.Zoe

For once I want Song Hye Kyo as almost like a villain but you are rooting for her in a revenge/suspense drama, like a seductress using her beauty to eliminate the bad people lol. This is like a whole new role for her since most of her drama roles in the past are nice lol.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
damn I really love melo-drama's I can tell just by the trailer imma love this drama and hey i'm going to through this out there for once they have proper speaking English people talking hahahaha

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
damn it they better give us a happy ending!!!!

I can see me smiling through this drama at the cute scenes and giggling to myself already LOL

Ms.Zoe

That is right, we better see a happy ending lol. From the trailer, it looks like he will tend to her wounds too :spin: & rescue her from the bad people lol, her shining knight, hero lol. And that scene in the kitchen, he coming at her :spicy:, whoooo I am giggling over it :faint:.

Another translation of that flirty conversation between the 2 Songs:

Song Joong-ki asks Song Hye-kyo, "Since you're a doctor, I bet you don't have a boyfriend? You're too busy". "Since you're a soldier, you must not have a girlfriend? Because you're too intense", Song Hye-kyo retorts. Song Joong-ki says, "Someone needs to give an answer here" and then the two looked at each other smiling.

Cr to SHK thread at soompi

Ms.Zoe

Sharing some creations by fans

** her chin mole is gone lol

** artist forgot her chin mole lol

Cr as tagged, rightful owners & Song Hye Kyo thread at soompi

Ms.Zoe

I just realized how much these 2 look alike :shock2:, especially their noses lol.

Cr as tagged

Ms.Zoe

Some gifs from DotS

Love this one, I hope he coming at her to give her a kiss on the mouth lol.

Cr as tagged & SHK thread at soompi

Ms.Zoe

So the drama just finished on December 30, 2015 after 6 months of shooting, 80% of the shooting was in Greece (hopefully there will be lots of beautiful scenes) while the rest was in South Korea. It will premiere in February 2016, so close...I read that there is not an official poster yet so I can't wait to see it soon & hear the ost of DotS. I can't wait to see photos of Songs promoting their drama or any photos of them from DotS as well.

Ms.Zoe

There are not much photos of them bts, I will post those that are available so far later while waiting for February to arrive. In the meantime, I love this gif, SHK's character stands her ground when a good looking captain just getting his face closer to her lol.

Cr as tagged & DotS thread @ soompi

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
LOL I'm hoping if there going to promote their drama they would come onto running man.....i see that sometime they on onto running man just to promote a few dramas already so i'm looking forward to it