❤️ Various ET News

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Talking about matt arent her scandal considered to be big during that time? The way she handled her problem was such a mess from what i read. Personally i believe she become one of the reason why the drama got low rating. Saying otherwise would be a lie when clearly she got hated by netizen during that time. I dont think people expect super high rating for that drama, it just could be better than 1 or 2 if her scandal didnt happen. Other obvious reason is like what people here already mentioned - ch3 just never got a good rating overall to begin with for years (and everyone including ch3 hardcore fan already know that facts) + nowadays people are more into online streaming. Lets just hope ch3 become more wise and focus on online streaming since that is what people are more into nowadays.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Viewers (most) don't care for these cliches...that is why rating is soo low....they want more...but many are use to it...they are conditions to these storyline...granted some like the beyond namnao drama.

K drama has many variety and drama.
Weekends are the namnao family drama

BPS - killed the rating...because of the script....likable leads.....there wasn't crazy love triangle and n'rai

If the script is good...it will garner those better raitings

Fah pleing Din remake is doing decent ....2.3 is currently their lowest.

I never seen the other version...but I watched a few clips....
But...soo far this remake is good...fast pace...great acting....they change the storyline....that makes it better...the "n'rai" Is not just a banshee chasing the ML. She actually has her own thoughts and goals. The way they touch on PK mental pysche....

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Yes at this point the poor ratings is not really indicative of the actors performance anymore but it’s more an overall Ch3 problem. It’s really good that Bad Romeo dominated live views on their app. Perhaps for a start, it’s a sign that Ch3 might want to look more at live view numbers as a bigger indicator of a lakorn performance, rather than ratings per se. This is just reflective of the current media landscape, where viewers are more likely to view their lakorn via personal devices, rather than conventional scheduled tv viewing.

And the bigger point is what we have discussed before in this thread and @byebye mentioned. Ch3 really needs to rethink their lakorn making strategy. Their formula of simply casting their A-list as leads to carry their “best” scripts is no longer the sure-fire way to success. Their competition is not so much the other Thai channels anymore, but more Netflix and other streaming services, where viewers can watch anything from almost anywhere in the world.
Apparently bad romeo is trending in netflixth top 10 series since airing so yup lots of people watching the drama but prefer online platform. I havent watched the drama because I am not a fan of Anne’s work and the trailer they released was suck and cringey. I dont know what is in Anne’s mind. Yaya was crying and looks depressed in every scene and that’s annoying. I love Yaya but i hope she wont work with anne anymore ugh

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Talking about matt arent her scandal considered to be big during that time? The way she handled her problem was such a mess from what i read. Personally i believe she become one of the reason why the drama got low rating. Saying otherwise would be a lie when clearly she got hated by netizen during that time. I dont think people expect super high rating for that drama, it just could be better than 1 or 2 if her scandal didnt happen. Other obvious reason is like what people here already mentioned - ch3 just never got a good rating overall to begin with for years (and everyone including ch3 hardcore fan already know that facts) + nowadays people are more into online streaming. Lets just hope ch3 become more wise and focus on online streaming since that is what people are more into nowadays.
The drama was bad it was no surprise it flopped. No one was going to save it...no one. I mean, it's almost a duplicate of the kdrama. The only thing that differ was in another language. So why bother watching it when a lot of people can just go watch the original.

I was a big fan of Matt...and I couldn't even sit through it. Chemistry wasn't there...plot wasn't new...Matt's outfits were hideous most of the time. Honestly, I don't even know what turn out right for the lakorn. I barely watch it then and has no desire to even watch it now. Her scandal aside, the lakorn still suck lol.

Channel 3 can start being wise and put some subtitles out for their lakorns. They have to think about reaching other audiences. Kdrama didn't become popular overnight. They have potential, it's there. They just don't have the desire to tap into it.

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
The drama was bad it was no surprise it flopped. No one was going to save it...no one. I mean, it's almost a duplicate of the kdrama. The only thing that differ was in another language. So why bother watching it when a lot of people can just go watch the original.

I was a big fan of Matt...and I couldn't even sit through it. Chemistry wasn't there...plot wasn't new...Matt's outfits were hideous most of the time. Honestly, I don't even know what turn out right for the lakorn. I barely watch it then and has no desire to even watch it now. Her scandal aside, the lakorn still suck lol.

Channel 3 can start being wise and put some subtitles out for their lakorns. They have to think about reaching other audiences. Kdrama didn't become popular overnight. They have potential, it's there. They just don't have the desire to tap into it.
Then its the matter of preferences.. there are many people who think that the thai remake of the drama are actually good. At least people outside of this site. Maybe not surpassing the original but still much much much better compare to other remake which is a disaster. Personally i also think its a good remake. Its really unfortunate for all the cast and crew. If people dont like it because it faithfully follow the original (but still added their own element) then why the other remake that change a lot of details also got bashed? You follow - get bashed, you dont follow - also get bashed. You really cant win. Quality of the production are good for thai drama standard, acting wise are also not bad. Not perfect but not bad. There are few scene where matt comedy fall flat. Nadech also have his few moment but not as much as matt. But its not enough reason to make you dislike the drama overall. Chemistry wise i think its ok. Subtle but its there and i think that is enough. I dont know how people cant see it. Maybe like i said before, the type of chemistry that most of you want are usually the cringy type where the mc will give you the "i cant stand it, i want to f*ck you" feeling. No wonder some of you cant enjoy watching any drama without complaining so much. (Sorry for being blunt with my words).

And yeah i think everyone here agree that ch3 need to be wise with their decision. The right path are already in front of them.

Last edited:

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
Personally I understand Anne’s wish to working with a-listers only. C’mon, do you really wanna see Yaya/Kim/Bella with people like Puen/Toey/Masu or Denkhun? Hell no! I think the biggest ch3 problem it’s their scripts - very outdated. And I choose ch3 over ch7 anytime. I rather watch lakorn with shitty scripts than lakorn with fugly peeps lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Then its the matter of preferences.. there are many people who think that the thai remake of the drama are actually good. At least people outside of this site. Maybe not surpassing the original but still much much much better compare to other remake which is a disaster. Personally i also think its a good remake. Its really unfortunate for all the cast and crew. If people dont like it because it faithfully follow the original (but still added their own element) then why the other remake that change a lot of details also got bashed? You follow - get bashed, you dont follow - also get bashed. You really cant win. Quality of the production are good for thai drama standard, acting wise are also not bad. Not perfect but not bad. There are few scene where matt comedy fall flat. Nadech also have his few moment but not as much as matt. But its not enough reason to make you dislike the drama overall. Chemistry wise i think its ok. Subtle but its there and i think that is enough. I dont know how people cant see it. Maybe like i said before, the type of chemistry that most of you want are usually the cringy type where the mc will give you the "i cant stand it, i want to f*ck you" feeling. No wonder some of you cant enjoy watching any drama without complaining so much. (Sorry for being blunt with my words).

And yeah i think everyone here agree that ch3 need to be wise with their decision. The right path are already in front of them.
Nah, I don't like the "F" you chemistry. I like the "I want to be with you" chemistry and the "comfortable" chemistry. Just because I say, I don't see the chemistry between Na and Matt doesn't necessarily mean, I want the extreme of the chemistry. That would be reserved for some American dramas because at least they actually "F" each other in the shows lol

I have been watching lakorns since the 80s and lakorns aren't even as enjoyable as those times. They are supposed to progress and develops into something more engaging. Instead, it's stuck in nowhere land. They remake the crap out of their classic lakorns only to royally screw it up, whether it's casting or tweaking the storyline. And they are notorious for picking some amazing classic lakorns then when the lakorns are over, we're like WTH just happened?

Oh, there are lakorns that we love on here. And the discussion pages would be in the 100s...but those are few and in between. I was so excited to watch Na/Matt's lakorn. Trust me, I'm all in for Matt when she was still acting. But it doesn't mean I have to sit through a lakorn I'm not enjoying. Time is precious...if I don’t find it entertaining then no sense of wasting my time on it, even though am a big fan of the actor/actress in there. I can torture myself with other things, like cleaning my house lol.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
@*DramaCuties*

I also don't want that type of chemistry "I hate you but want to F you", to dominate all lakorn...there needs to be a variety

I like the honest straightforward chemistry....I hate too much push and pull.

I.e. BPS

I been watching thai drama since I was little with my mother.

I agree with byebye....they F up remakes soo bad....they add on more dramatic elements that makes it even more namnao that it already is.

So far I like Fah Plieng Din.

Ppl crave more...or else BPS wouldn't have hit double digit for Ch3....ch7 barely hit double digit ...their high rating is a 6/7....that is a low bar

I enjoyed a few truetv remake on netflix...Gmm-One31 ....has more "refreshing " program...not soo namnao.

I barely watch thai lakorna anymore...but I'm hanging on because I grew up with it. If I catch an old lakorn on YT, I watch that over newer ones.

I like a variety...I enjoy namnao sometimes...but not for it to be 90% of my lakorn choices.

This year I can say I truly enjoyed 1...2 lakorn so far....love proposal....so far Sky that fall (pending because it is on going)

With K and C drama....there is soo many varieties and genre.

English subtitles are important...which GMM is doing.

I've watched Run On (k)- such a refreshing Kdrama with adult conversations and actions

Tomorrow(k)- slight hint of romance...but it is more about humanity and comradery

It's ok not to be ok....talks about mental health...autism

Gmm had something similar with the badminton series...Tor did well as the "autistic ' brother

I enjoyed Gmm romcom - 46 days. Sand princess.

My complaints there is I wanted more pra'nang scenes (some cliche, but it was dramatized)

Wish it was on netflix. I feel ppl would like it. It's an easy watch.

Feel good romcom.

My point is...while the othet countries progress with genre and varieties.....thai drama is still 80-90% namnao ..... screaming villian...fighting over a guy or girl

In fah P. DIN...(.a good change)..they change the "nrai' girl...she is not just yelling and screaming for my ML....she has goals and dream. She is a designer and want to get into fashion. She expressed she didn't want to follow and Chase ML

More remake should change the characters/storyline to better it...not make it more dramatic

Nothing wrong with some namnao and cliche....I enjoy it...but not as 80-90% of my lakorn choices.

Last edited:

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
Nah, I don't like the "F" you chemistry. I like the "I want to be with you" chemistry and the "comfortable" chemistry. Just because I say, I don't see the chemistry between Na and Matt doesn't necessarily mean, I want the extreme of the chemistry. That would be reserved for some American dramas because at least they actually "F" each other in the shows lol

I have been watching lakorns since the 80s and lakorns aren't even as enjoyable as those times. They are supposed to progress and develops into something more engaging. Instead, it's stuck in nowhere land. They remake the crap out of their classic lakorns only to royally screw it up, whether it's casting or tweaking the storyline. And they are notorious for picking some amazing classic lakorns then when the lakorns are over, we're like WTH just happened?

Oh, there are lakorns that we love on here. And the discussion pages would be in the 100s...but those are few and in between. I was so excited to watch Na/Matt's lakorn. Trust me, I'm all in for Matt when she was still acting. But it doesn't mean I have to sit through a lakorn I'm not enjoying. Time is precious...if I don’t find it entertaining then no sense of wasting my time on it, even though am a big fan of the actor/actress in there. I can torture myself with other things, like cleaning my house lol.
At the end its still about preferences and opinion.. some people find any drama to be boring doesnt make it anymore true or a facts. Its still an opinion anyway. Yeah no one can force you to watch or like anything. Its your right. But that is not the point here. Originally we were talking about the impact of matt scandal towards the drama. Im saying that she is ONE of the reason for the low rating. Simple logic, it does affect her work. Thats it.

Regarding channel keep on remaking their old drama its already being discussed here over and over again i believe even majority agree with it. The audience at least already know where the problem is. Only the channel left to make their decision.

Last edited:

*DramaCuties*

sarNie Egg
@*DramaCuties*

I also don't want that type of chemistry "I hate you but want to F you", to dominate all lakorn...there needs to be a variety

I like the honest straightforward chemistry....I hate too much push and pull.

I.e. BPS

I been watching thai drama since I was little with my mother.

I agree with byebye....they F up remakes soo bad....they add on more dramatic elements that makes it even more namnao that it already is.

So far I like Fah Plieng Din.

Ppl crave more...or else BPS wouldn't have hit double digit for Ch3....ch7 barely hit double digit ...their high rating is a 6/7....that is a low bar

I enjoyed a few truetv remake on netflix...Gmm-One31 ....has more "refreshing " program...not soo namnao.

I barely watch thai lakorna anymore...but I'm hanging on because I grew up with it. If I catch an old lakorn on YT, I watch that over newer ones.

I like a variety...I enjoy namnao sometimes...but not for it to be 90% of my lakorn choices.

This year I can say I truly enjoyed 1...2 lakorn so far....love proposal....so far Sky that fall (pending because it is on going)

With K and C drama....there is soo many varieties and genre.

English subtitles are important...which GMM is doing.

I've watched Run On (k)- such a refreshing Kdrama with adult conversations and actions

Tomorrow(k)- slight hint of romance...but it is more about humanity and comradery

It's ok not to be ok....talks about mental health...autism

Gmm had something similar with the badminton series...Tor did well as the "autistic ' brother

I enjoyed Gmm romcom - 46 days. Sand princess.

My complaints there is I wanted more pra'nang scenes (some cliche, but it was dramatized)

Wish it was on netflix. I feel ppl would like it. It's an easy watch.

Feel good romcom.

My point is...while the othet countries progress with genre and varieties.....thai drama is still 80-90% namnao ..... screaming villian...fighting over a guy or girl

In fah P. DIN...(.a good change)..they change the "nrai' girl...she is not just yelling and screaming for my ML....she has goals and dream. She is a designer and want to get into fashion. She expressed she didn't want to follow and Chase ML

More remake should change the characters/storyline to better it...not make it more dramatic

Nothing wrong with some namnao and cliche....I enjoy it...but not as 80-90% of my lakorn choices.
Similar i already share my opinion before that i hope people will become more loud supporting other various genre of thai drama rather than sh*tting on this drama that show differences than the usual dramatic kind that they called as romance. And im not disagreeing that there is a problem with the path that channels currently choose - which is to keep remaking their old thai lakorn and using the typical plot and character in their current drama. They need new idea + better scripts etc.

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Similar i already share my opinion before that i hope people will become more loud supporting other various genre of thai drama rather than sh*tting on this drama that show differences than the usual dramatic kind that they called as romance. And im not disagreeing that there is a problem with the path that channels currently choose - which is to keep remaking their old thai lakorn and using the typical plot and character in their current drama. They need new idea + better scripts etc.
There's soo many script they can adapt from.... novels... comics

The another issues is fillers....nonsensical characters...1 dimensions

I don't want a rai... just screaming to scream/ steal pk...constant revenge plots

I use to read historical romance and they have good Content for adaptation

What c & k drama has is more sources....therefore different varieties and genre..... they suffer from fillers... having to have 16 eps...C drama use fillers for longer ep for ads

Soo depending in your mood... you have different type of genre you can watch

I would love more period drama like BPS....I find the ancient times beautiful

I wish Gmm and one31 did more...

-Sot story was good.... the sequel I didn't care for
-46 days

They also do horror, sci fi...ect.. they need to do more with netflix

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva

I don't want a rai... just screaming to scream/ steal pk...constant revenge plots

What c & k drama has is more sources....therefore different varieties and genre..... they suffer from fillers... having to have 16 eps...C drama use fillers for longer ep for ads

-46 days

Netflix is overrated. Even Korean dramas got worse with Netflix involvement. I don’t even remember the time I fully enjoyed Netflix produced drama. My point is they should change theirs scriptwriters and send actors to workshop. Especially ch7 who tends to pick their “actors” from street lol

byebye

sarNie OldFart

-46 days

I think PBS is like Dao Pro Sook. Hard to capture that same excitement and addiction. Also, I don't think Thailand can be what Chinese entertainment became. Chinese produces so many dramas per year...I think in the 100s. They have varieties for just about anyone. Some life dramas are very popular with the audience while it doesn't do well in Thailand at all. I am usually a romance kind of person but Chinese dramas got me into mystery, detectives and friendship. There are dramas that are about friends and I like it more than romance.

I like the remake of "hello monster". I didn't watch the Korean version but absolutely like the thai version. Even though, they make n'ek into the typical thai n'ek and isn't even convincing as a cop...but the mystery of the killings and them trying to solve it got me glued to the screen. As a matter of fact, I watched some scenes more than 3 times. The remake follow closely to the Korean version but there's still a thai element to it that makes it work.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I think PBS is like Dao Pro Sook. Hard to capture that same excitement and addiction. Also, I don't think Thailand can be what Chinese entertainment became. Chinese produces so many dramas per year...I think in the 100s. They have varieties for just about anyone. Some life dramas are very popular with the audience while it doesn't do well in Thailand at all. I am usually a romance kind of person but Chinese dramas got me into mystery, detectives and friendship. There are dramas that are about friends and I like it more than romance.

I like the remake of "hello monster". I didn't watch the Korean version but absolutely like the thai version. Even though, they make n'ek into the typical thai n'ek and isn't even convincing as a cop...but the mystery of the killings and them trying to solve it got me glued to the screen. As a matter of fact, I watched some scenes more than 3 times. The remake follow closely to the Korean version but there's still a thai element to it that makes it work.

C drama does a lot of ancient drama and I find it beautiful

Kdrama does a few but not as much...I enjoyed the Fusion modern/ancient of rookie historian.

I enjoy all genre....I prefer romance..
.but is fine with whatever is enjoyable and a good script to me

I love a good sismance and bromance....comradery....

I also watched and enjoyed the thai version of hello monster. I didn't watch the k version.

But yes....they need to upgrade the characters

Last edited:

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Netflix is overrated. Even Korean dramas got worse with Netflix involvement. I don’t even remember the time I fully enjoyed Netflix produced drama. My point is they should change theirs scriptwriters and send actors to workshop. Especially ch7 who tends to pick their “actors” from street lol
I disagree.....netflix invest in it but is not always the productions....they produce some...

My point is Netflix is easily accessible...eng sub......majority of the time they just buy the rights like Viki does. Most are on both platform

Therefore I would like more thai drama...ch...GMM or 1hd...since they are more progressive to use that platform to expose viewers

Ch7 and ch 3 use to do workshops....I don't follow them much anymore....but for sure I know GMM & 1hd likes to have their workshops (bts)

Thai actors can't grow much with highly similar scripts with screaming banshee

Disney+ took over many kdrama and you can't watch it...it is not available in many region.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
C drama does a lot of ancient drama and I find it beautiful

Kdrama does a few but not as much...I enjoyed the Fusion modern/ancient of rookie historian.

I enjoy all genre....I prefer romance..
.but is fine with whatever is enjoyable and a good script to me

I love a good sismance and bromance....comradery....

I also watched and enjoyed the thai version of hello monster. I didn't watch the k version.

But yes....they need to upgrade the characters
Love love the OST of hello monster(K Version). Even if the song fits the brothers more than the n'ek in there. I really like the actor in the thai version. Something about him seems so endearing and his voice is really easy to listen to. They follow the patterns of the k drama but I felt it was a good drama on its own.

I find ancient Chinese dramas very romantic and nostalgic for some reason.

bit

sarNie Adult
WTH Toey Pongsakorn! I was catching up on The Wall Song and Toey Pongsakorn starts literally crying when Jackson Wang makes a surprise appearance. So much secondhand embarrassment watching this. Chill out dude LOL.

You are not alone, everyone was like ‘what the heck?. Dude was worst than the fanatic Kpop fans

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Toey cried and was a bit awkward to watch. The girls were excited but they weren't doing the extra water work. To see a grown man cried over meeting a celebrity like that was a little uncomfortable.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Well, that was very awkward. I don't think Jackson's bad. He's a great person, but to cry over someone that way? Embarrassing. Unless they're a super huge fan then I get it but fr cringe on Toey's part.