❤️[CH3] Monrak Nong Phak Kayaeng (Act Art) : Nadech Kugimiya / Bow Maylada

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I'm fine with the slow motion effect, but the constant flashbacks of what people just said or talked previously (not flashback of their childhood) kinda get on my nerves and makes the lakorn kinda draggy. It's good to know what causes the characters to do this or that, but flashbacks of certain events do not need to be shown in full as when they happened, showing bits and pieces would suffice. It feels like those flashbacks are just fillers.
For me, this lakorn suffer the chemistry part, the whole cast doesn’t seem to have much chemistry. The leads had a nice bonding experience when they were young, but we don’t feel that connection when they see each other again.

Marigold

sarNie Juvenile
I prefer ch3 over ch7 in a lot of aspects lol. I dunno, ch3 lakorn and actors actresses are more appealing to me. anyway, congrats to the team for reaching 4.0. As usual ch3 dominating bangkok but rural is not bad either QUOTE]

well Yh ch3 actors are more appealing because majority of them are mix. They worship the half caste. Whereas ch7 most of them are full Thai blood. If ygm

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
The last two episodes 9 & 10 focus more on Kiew and Chompoo's budding romance and courtship. However, they seem to waste 4 hours of screen time, doing tedious things (with more exaggerated acting. Sorry, I like Nadech, but I think he should tone his acting down) rather than captalizing on the nice backdrop of a quiet countryside to paint a beautiful romantic relationship.

They also spent a lot of time with flashbacks. When the two main leads spent 2 minutes or so, singing in their own bedroom at night, I wish they had shown scenes like in a music video for the song, rather than just let us see boringly scenes of each of them singing in their own bedroom. That's a bit too lazy.

When the story gets boring, you need to save it with good cinematography to keep viewers' interest. I guess P'Aof's poor health somehow affected his creativity and productivity. Whenever I watch the end credits, where they show beautiful sunset over a field of reed , I always wish that would be the quality of cinematography they give us throughout this lakorn.

The editing is also sometimes not very good in this one. I understand that the lakorn team try to avoid having lip kisses, but can they please make it look like the main couple really want to lean in for a kiss, not just pouting their lips in the air and wait for an interruption to happen.

Back to the story, Alice has come to the village to find Thorn. Now that she's married and Thorn has lost his job, I can't see what interest she see in Thorn to make her come this far to see him.

If I were Thorn, I would threaten to expose her and tell the public how she got my apartment. She's a popular actress, she wouldn't want the public to to know, and so Thorn can get his apartment back.

There're only 2 episodes left, with 4 hours of story telling, I hope the production team can redeem themselves.

nananana.ci

sarNie Egg
I thought about watching this lakorn for Nadech but the genre and storyline is not my cup of tea. Plus reading the comments on here I’m not sure if I should even give it a try. I did see a few small clips and liked the exaggerated flirting between Nadech and Bow. It was so cute and childish I couldn’t help but cringe and laugh.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
There is not much of the storyline to this. I feel like they just want to show the lifestyle of northern Thai people. It’s pretty bland and the songs and jokes are not good either.

this actually makes me want to re-watch Poo Bao Indy when I want a good laugh.

forgotusername

Miksmouse
I love Bow's acting here, meanwhile i dont find Nadech's believable. Is this really ending on sunday? I just cant see why they took so long to film.

kjc1994

sarNie Oldmaid
I guess I’m one of the few thats okay with this lakorn. I agree, it doesn’t really have a storyline but it’s light and easy to watch. Bow’s character is really cute in here and she looks so cute, fresh, and young without make up, plus super simple attire. I think Nadech’s character isn’t all that bad. Yeah, he’s immature but his character has progressed and I liked when nek would get him right. This is like the first time act art has done comedy so I wasn’t expecting anything spectacular. They are definitely more suited for their heavy, life learning lakorns.

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Last night, episode 11 was quite good. Less flashbacks, or flashbacks but with more relevation, rather than just replaying what they have shown you just a half an hour before. The song that Nadech wrote was surprisingly very catchy and upbeat. I actually shook my body together with the cast when they sang and danced to it. I wish they had told story via songs like this in the previous episode too, instead of using flashbacks and some overused comedy cliches as fillers. That way the lakorn does not feel too draggy. Most of the cast are luk thung (country music) singers: the actors/actress who play Yod, Sompaen, uncle Pee La. Bow and Nadech can also sing pretty well. It's a pitty that they cast people who can sing but only use their talents for a few songs. They don't need to always use new songs. If the purpose is to introduce Esan culture, then old songs would serve the aim, too.

nananana.ci

sarNie Egg
I was also surprised Nadech co-produced one of the song too. Although I don’t watch this series but I do follow Bow and Nadech on Instagram so I do see a little update from the drama. I really enjoy the duet song both Nadech and Bow sings to. Idk if we’ll get to see them perform that live together.

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
I love both, Kiew and Chompoo acting compliment each other,they have chemistry .But the story line seem lacking to me.I just can't believe Chompoo crying so hard and seems heartbroken because of Kiew.I knew Kiew is her first love and childhood sweetheart.But they are together at very young age (flashback around 10-12years old)After that Kiew moved school to Bangkok.At that time also it's just like one sided love.I just don't feel and get it.(but I can feel Yoo Jin's love regarding to Jun Sang in winter sonata)
When they are together back Chompoo and Kiew they are still in new phase of love..so I can't relate the crying scene.It's seem to much for me.I blame the flow of the stories.. it's not strong enough to convince me.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
Nadech gonna sweep all acting awards for his role in monrak. mind my words lol. The critics love him and he deserves it.
I personally think the romance part is a bit force and Bow acting is quite bland. My fav songs are the closing song and Na Bow duet

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
I love both, Kiew and Chompoo acting compliment each other,they have chemistry .But the story line seem lacking to me.I just can't believe Chompoo crying so hard and seems heartbroken because of Kiew.I knew Kiew is her first love and childhood sweetheart.But they are together at very young age (flashback around 10-12years old)After that Kiew moved school to Bangkok.At that time also it's just like one sided love.I just don't feel and get it.(but I can feel Yoo Jin's love regarding to Jun Sang in winter sonata)
When they are together back Chompoo and Kiew they are still in new phase of love..so I can't relate the crying scene.It's seem to much for me.I blame the flow of the stories.. it's not strong enough to convince me.
I agree that the development of the love story is lacking. I wish they had spent less screen time on the uncle's unfunny jokes and more time on the main leads' romance. However, I think that's just how most girls cry in the first few days when they are heart broken. Give it a week or two then they will be OK again.

Talking about Chompoo's feeling for Kiew, he has been back to their hometown for at least 6 months (judging by the time rice grows), so there was enough time for Chompoo to renew her love for him. Moreover, Chompoo keeps a photo of them as adults together and looks at it every night (well, it seems that's how often she does it). She watched the lakorn he directed. So in away, though they were apart for a good portion of their adult lives, she still maintains a connection with the grown up Kiew in her mind. The way she has expressed her love to him after he came back to their hometown might be unconventional (she beats him), so he couldn't feel it. But it is clear that she cares deeply for him. Case in point when she beat Sompaen's husband to save Kiew.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Nadech gonna sweep all acting awards for his role in monrak. mind my words lol. The critics love him and he deserves it.
I personally think the romance part is a bit force and Bow acting is quite bland. My fav songs are the closing song and Na Bow duet
Awards with that overacting ? Ok...

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
He needs to work on his crying. It's not convincing, he cries loudly but there're hardly any tears. His exaggerated acting might be the direction of this lakorn (case in point is episode 13 last night, the overuse of physical comedy), to which I blame the director. The director is like a chef, he should know if there's too much salt in a soup and when to stop adding more salt to it.

If Nadech was to win any awards, it can only because the quality of other lakorns this year is not too good, or because the awards are rigged. To be honest, most awards are rigged, there might be some that aren't, but they're very rare.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Tried for bow and Na since a new couple but Na's acting is too much for me. Also, there's still no chemistry between them...which is a bummer cause I was looking forward to it.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
He needs to work on his crying. It's not convincing, he cries loudly but there're hardly any tears. His exaggerated acting might be the direction of this lakorn (case in point is episode 13 last night, the overuse of physical comedy), to which I blame the director. The director is like a chef, he should know if there's too much salt in a soup and when to stop adding more salt to it.

If Nadech was to win any awards, it can only because the quality of other lakorns this year is not too good, or because the awards are rigged. To be honest, most awards are rigged, there might be some that aren't, but they're very rare.
Lol I always think about his crying scene in Lom Sorn Ruk lol but that was 2015, i guess he hasn’t improved. He’s really bad though.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Well this finally ended. I thought it should haven ended at 9 or 10eps. There was mostly fillers with flashbacks that doesn’t do much for the lakorn. This production doesn’t seem to do that well with comedy, they’re better with dramas, imo. The directing, acting, and the whole cast just doesn’t seem to unite for me. I just don’t feel the chemistry with the whole cast and feel any sympathy for any of the characters especially for the leads. Maybe there wasn’t much storyline to really care for the characters to begin with. I only watched this for Bow’s first lakorn with ch3. Hope they give her better storyline and different actors to show her acting more.
The end was cute when Chompoo thought Kiew were going to propose.
The ratings dropped for the final episode.
http://instagr.am/p/CQFubnpNici/ 485044F2-0E4F-40AA-B482-261E5B7E6E5B.jpeg