❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

byebye

sarNie OldFart
To me, Tor Thanapob is a better actor than Nadech. He has more of a natural emotional stage presence and can easily convey his emotions through his eyes. And there are scenes that Tor can be so subtle but yet it's somehow became very impressive and unforgettable. Maybe because in HJS he comes across more like a Chinese ML than an actor in a lakorn.

Nadech is a good actor but I don't think he's a prolific one. Maybe in his movie koo Kum didn't leave a good impression on me. The way he took on Kobori was a bit confusing. He made kobori looks like a slow man. Anyway, maybe my comparison isn't fair but watching other actors in different countries made me realize how limited Thai actors are. I am watching Vuslat (Turkish drama) and the actor Kadir Dogulu is probably one of the best actor I have seen that can let his eyes do all the talking for him. The way he can make you nervous or on edge by his eyes movements alone. I find it so memorizing when an actor acts with their eyes and tell a story without so much a word, that's true talent. I wished more thai actors can get to that level.

Last edited:

Ntsuab-Ci

In love with Phet Thakrit <3
I am watching Vuslat (Turkish drama) and the actor Kadir Dogulu is probably one of the best actor I have seen that can let his eyes do all the talking for him. The way he can make you nervous or on edge by his eyes movements alone. I find it so memorizing when an actor acts with their eyes and tell a story without so much a word, that's true talent. I wished more thai actors can get to that level.
OMG, I loved that drama when it was airing... season 1? Or the first half before the break. Yes, the male lead is pretty good. He definitely made me nervous when he was first introduced and then he became all soft and cute towards female lead, hehe.

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Lakorns are so boring and draggy. And I hate slap-kiss, which seems to be Thai audience’s favourite genre. I respect people’s taste but never understand why someone would want to watch a show where other women being tortured/mistreated/raped by their supposedly fated ones. So I only watch light hearted lakorns and mostly for the eye candies. If I want good acting and plots, I will watch American TV series or Hollywood movies.

Because I haven’t seen any lakorn actors that can impress me yet. On the other hands, I watch a few movies by GHD and I think the acting is quite natural.

Talking about awards, I agree that one should not use that to measure how good an actor is. Nadech did get a lots of awards, however I think lots of them are in the popular categories. Tbh, I was shocked at how low cost, cheap looking and unorganised some award shows in Thailand were. Some of them look like a show at a village fair.

I would like to see Nadech in movies more. Lakorns are so boring and all the kissing scenes are so stiff because for CH3, it would look inappropriate if the women are more active in those scenes? Jeez. Look at Matt, she’s a good actress but still act shy when it comes to kissing. It’s part of the reason why you see no sparks between them.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
OMG, I loved that drama when it was airing... season 1? Or the first half before the break. Yes, the male lead is pretty good. He definitely made me nervous when he was first introduced and then he became all soft and cute towards female lead, hehe.
You need to watch season 2 episode 24 (the last part of the episode). My goodness, Kadir made me so uncomfortable the way he sits there and stare at Feride. I mean, I have seen a ML stared intensely at the FL but not to the level of Kadir though. He almost made me squirm in my seat. He has such impressionable eyes. I can watch his scenes and focused just on his eyes...I have watched some of his old dramas didn't quite think his acting stood out but in Vuslat he definitely made Aziz a character to remember. His acting has polished and more mature.

Ntsuab-Ci

You need to watch season 2 episode 24 (the last part of the episode). My goodness, Kadir made me so uncomfortable the way he sits there and stare at Feride. I mean, I have seen a ML stared intensely at the FL but not to the level of Kadir though. He almost made me squirm in my seat. He has such impressionable eyes. I can watch his scenes and focused just on his eyes...I have watched some of his old dramas didn't quite think his acting stood out but in Vuslat he definitely made Aziz a character to remember. His acting has polished and more mature.
I was going to start! Like I clicked on the episode and everything, but then I heard/saw that he lost his memories or something? & I was like ugh, nope. I really don't like plots like that. But is that true? Lol. I never confirmed.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was going to start! Like I clicked on the episode and everything, but then I heard/saw that he lost his memories or something? & I was like ugh, nope. I really don't like plots like that. But is that true? Lol. I never confirmed.
No, he didn't lose his memories. He fake it to revenge the crazies around him lol. I mean, he remembers everyone except Feride. His intention was to protect her by not remembering her but he went about it the wrong way. I don't think it went well for him though cause his feelings are written all over his eyes. Anyhow, episode 24 is when she found out that he lied to her and it's a very good scene between Aziz and Feride. I'm glad they didn't drag it out that long...cause their scenes are so short to begin with and him trying to fake it out wasn't going to cut it hahaha.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
To me, Tor Thanapob is a better actor than Nadech. He has more of a natural emotional stage presence and can easily convey his emotions through his eyes. And there are scenes that Tor can be so subtle but yet it's somehow became very impressive and unforgettable. Maybe because in HJS he comes across more like a Chinese ML than an actor in a lakorn.

Nadech is a good actor but I don't think he's a prolific one. Maybe in his movie koo Kum didn't leave a good impression on me. The way he took on Kobori was a bit confusing. He made kobori looks like a slow man. Anyway, maybe my comparison isn't fair but watching other actors in different countries made me realize how limited Thai actors are. I am watching Vuslat (Turkish drama) and the actor Kadir Dogulu is probably one of the best actor I have seen that can let his eyes do all the talking for him. The way he can make you nervous or on edge by his eyes movements alone. I find it so memorizing when an actor acts with their eyes and tell a story without so much a word, that's true talent. I wished more thai actors can get to that level.
I was looking for this comment. Tor is literally so good at acting, i even watched the very beginning of LLSR after finding out he was in there and you can see the difference between his acting and Nadech’s. I use to think Nadech was so good until I started to watch other lakorns/dramas

Ntsuab-Ci

No, he didn't lose his memories. He fake it to revenge the crazies around him lol. I mean, he remembers everyone except Feride. His intention was to protect her by not remembering her but he went about it the wrong way. I don't think it went well for him though cause his feelings are written all over his eyes. Anyhow, episode 24 is when she found out that he lied to her and it's a very good scene between Aziz and Feride. I'm glad they didn't drag it out that long...cause their scenes are so short to begin with and him trying to fake it out wasn't going to cut it hahaha.
I hate that he doesn't remember her, ugh. But I'm glad to hear that it's short lived! Okay! You sold me, haha. I'll go watch it.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I hate that he doesn't remember her, ugh. But I'm glad to hear that it's short lived! Okay! You sold me, haha. I'll go watch it.
He remembers her, he just act like he doesn't. Remember people are out to get him and if he pretends he doesn't know Feride she'll be safe...

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I was looking for this comment. Tor is literally so good at acting, i even watched the very beginning of LLSR after finding out he was in there and you can see the difference between his acting and Nadech’s. I use to think Nadech was so good until I started to watch other lakorns/dramas
There is one scene in HJS that made me realize how good of an actor Tor is, that is the scene when Minta was sleeping on the small couch with her forehead bandaged up. That scene requires some restrained on his acting but at the same time make it believable where the sight of her hurt impacted him in such a way. The way his voice dropped, the fragile and emotions registering in his eyes...in that scene he was brilliant. He displayed such deep emotions in them wounded eyes. And I don't think Nadech is strong enough to carry that scene the way Tor could.

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Hahaha I guess this really shows you the interest for MLFAS remake, I thought for awhile I was at a different forum:risas3:. No one is even interested to talk about it, LOL

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I’ve already given up since I haven’t been able to get back into it :( watched the kiss scenes and its not as magical as the original’s.

Ntsuab-Ci

He remembers her, he just act like he doesn't. Remember people are out to get him and if he pretends he doesn't know Feride she'll be safe...
Oohhh! Okay. Then I can totally watch it. It'll just hurt me for a while until she realizes lol

Koy123

sarNie OldFart

Tor can really act with his eyes. There’s this one scene in the series “In Family We Trust”, Tor scream at his gf and his eyes was full of emotions and scary. His reaction made me jump. He has showed his acting since Hormone series.

twister02

M♥K
I agree. Tor really is a good actor. Much better than Nadech. I always have this thought in mind that there are a lot of better actors in GMM/GDH/One HD than in CH3 and CH7 because their lakorns are more challenging that will push their actors more than doing the traditional ones we see in local channels. I saw Tor first in Hormones and I've been impressed with him since then so I was really shocked when he got a supporting role in LLSR :lol:

ArabellaRose

sarNie Hatchling
Its not surprising that Tor got a supporting role. LLSR is a NY lakorn. And he was acting with Nadech . I do not think he can carry the role of Ramin, LoL. That’s why he was supporting .. Tor maybe a good actor. (Did he win supporting role for LLSR by the way? ) But he has supporting role because looks also counts.:risas3:. Maybe he looks handsome to some. But he doesn’t really physically look like a lead type material to me, However, if he continue to be impressive. he may continue to get offered lead parts. He did win best actor right?
Nadech is an excellent actor in his own right, I think it’s quite unfair to compare him and say, oh this one is better. Because those are just opinions by fans of other actors. Some of them didn’t even get many awards. And awards does counts. Because they’re judged by professionals. Otherwise what will a person go by? Opinions of biased fans? I also think that actors who undermine the significance of awards are excuses of people who either didn’t get any or didn’t have many awards. :risas3:

twister02

M♥K
Its not surprising that Tor got a supporting role. LLSR is a NY lakorn. And he was acting with Nadech . I do not think he can carry the role of Ramin, LoL. That’s why he was supporting .. Tor maybe a good actor. (Did he win supporting role for LLSR by the way? ) But he has supporting role because looks also counts.:risas3:. Maybe he looks handsome to some. But he doesn’t really physically look like a lead type material to me, However, if he continue to be impressive. he may continue to get offered lead parts. He did win best actor right?
Nadech is an excellent actor in his own right, I think it’s quite unfair to compare him and say, oh this one is better. Because those are just opinions by fans of other actors. Some of them didn’t even get many awards. And awards does counts. Because they’re judged by professionals. Otherwise what will a person go by? Opinions of biased fans? I also think that actors who undermine the significance of awards are excuses of people who either didn’t get any or didn’t have many awards. :risas3:
I was shocked because he's been doing lead roles before that (not in Ch3 of course) and yes, he won an acting award and beat Nadech in Nataraj for his role in Project S The Series. I was not questioning why he got a supporting opposite Nadech. Of course Nadech will always be the praek if he is in the lakorn :) Personally, it's good that Tor is not picky with projects. He can do lead roles and also supporting ones if he wants to just to hone his craft.