❤️[Ch7] Marn Bang Jai : Weir Sukollawat / Mookda Narinrak

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
Ughhh ep 10 making my heart hurt even more now that subs are up and I can understand. :sad6:

Ep 13 to cheer me up!
I :risas3: can't. Khun Than trying to kiss Lada the whole episode and failing each time. The best was Lookeaw's 2nd interruption. He showed how much he wanted to kiss Lada and the frustration of getting interrupted a second time by his daughter through how hard he kissed Lookeaw's cheek. Those eyes trying to tell her. Lada why you so shy?? Oh god more misunderstanding? Of course, we gotta take turns so Khun Than's turn it is. She pulled away once and now you think she has feelings for Win. Also, I've noticed Thisa's pictures all over the house. That's cool and all but can we take the one off of the nightstand? Kinda feels awkward now. Ep 14 doesn't look so good for Lada. Poor thing she's just getting pulled along by other people. No one truly tells her truth and lets her fully make the decisions. And just when Khun Than about to expose Soithong AND :nut: CLIFFHANGER...:mad: What happened to Lookeaw? Mon better not have pulled some bullsh*t.
That was a rollercoaster. Also bye See.
that scene when Lukkaew interuppted for the 2nd time in the bedroom was damn hilarious.... i always laugh watching it.

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
I was going to post something about MBJ but you said it all. :) :icon12: I agree with you ka.
I love Weir and Mookda separately so I was going to check this out but was not interested in the story (and I wondered why a remake too.... story is a bit outdated)...... BUT I ended up loving Weir as Khun Than and Mookda as Fuanglada. They delivered these characters so well.

I also agree about the love scenes. Although I wanted more hot scenes and know both can do these well, I made peace with the sweet looks, fantasies of Lada and soft kisses. These made the age gap love story not too cringy. Mainly it's the chemistry between Weir and Mookda. They can just look at each other and sparks fly.

I do hope we get to see a reunion of Weir Mookda in a spicier lakorn soon.
yes..... i'm rooting for their reunion though it seems not very likely in the near future :(

Last edited:

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
I need another lakorn from these 2! I can not believe we did not get a full-frontal kiss scene. :mad: I don't get it. We know Weir can kiss and Mookda has tons of close up kiss scenes herself. So why did they skimp on us and go PG?! I thought there would be equal amounts of sweet and swoon-worthy scenes. I'm sad 2 scenes were never shown. They deleted the scene of Than and Lada on the motorcycle(why? it would have been nice to see the many facets of Khun Than) and the scene of Lada in pajama and Than in his suit. Please, drama god, give these two another script. Something more FIN :love2:. Anyways kinda been in a funk since MBJ ended. Neko's :cat: subbing release pulled me through after the final episode air but now that all episodes are subbed...IDK what to do. Weir and Mookda were superb and played their character well.
Some bones to pick besides the whole kissing issue. Wtf happened to See after? Sia Nop's ending was too clean. I don't mind Khun Soithong dying but it kinda was done for convenience too. Only Mon's arc was decent. I do wish they made Lada a college-age student. Her being a little older won't change the story much. Khun Than can still use the excuse of looking after her and protecting her in the place of her father. She's still can be naive and headstrong as a college student.

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
I need another lakorn from these 2! I can not believe we did not get a full-frontal kiss scene. :mad: I don't get it. We know Weir can kiss and Mookda has tons of close up kiss scenes herself. So why did they skimp on us and go PG?! I thought there would be equal amounts of sweet and swoon-worthy scenes. I'm sad 2 scenes were never shown. They deleted the scene of Than and Lada on the motorcycle(why? it would have been nice to see the many facets of Khun Than) and the scene of Lada in pajama and Than in his suit. Please, drama god, give these two another script. Something more FIN :love2:. Anyways kinda been in a funk since MBJ ended. Neko's :cat: subbing release pulled me through after the final episode air but now that all episodes are subbed...IDK what to do. Weir and Mookda were superb and played their character well.
Some bones to pick besides the whole kissing issue. Wtf happened to See after? Sia Nop's ending was too clean. I don't mind Khun Soithong dying but it kinda was done for convenience too. Only Mon's arc was decent. I do wish they made Lada a college-age student. Her being a little older won't change the story much. Khun Than can still use the excuse of looking after her and protecting her in the place of her father. She's still can be naive and headstrong as a college student.
beats me too as to why their kisses were all angled. i suspect the kiss in the final scene could be because it was filmed during the Covid period. Their filming was closed at the resort a couple of months ago.

another theory others have is because lada is only 18 years old... i can't say i have watched enough modern thai lakorns where the FL is around this age to agree on that conclusion. Mookda's character was also this year in Maturo Lohgan. Nang Ai was also lacking kiss scene. And was Kao's character around this age in My Secret Bride?

Last edited:

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
beats me too as to why their kisses were all angled. i suspect the kiss in the final scene could be because it was filmed during the Covid period. Their filming was closed at the resort a couple of months ago.

another theory others have is because lada is only 18 years old... i can't say i have watched enough modern thai lakorns where the FL is around this age to agree on that conclusion. Mookda's character was also this year in Maturo Lohgan. Nang Ai was also lacking kiss scene. And was Kao's character around this age in My Secret Bride?
Idk about Kao's. I stopped midway and skipped to ending but even than the lakorn eluded to them having rscenesw time. But Kao's character was in her last year of college in My Secret Bride though and I remember she had been in college for a while. Mookda's Mussaya and Matarut Loghan had lots of close up kissing scenes. Mussaya and Nampeung are the same age as Lada. Not sure how a period lakorn would be any different from a modern one.
I guess the COVID theory fits the best. Still, I'm left unsatisfied and unhappy. lols

Moona

sarNie Hatchling
Idk about Kao's. I stopped midway and skipped to ending but even than the lakorn eluded to them having rscenesw time. But Kao's character was in her last year of college in My Secret Bride though and I remember she had been in college for a while. Mookda's Mussaya and Matarut Loghan had lots of close up kissing scenes. Mussaya and Nampeung are the same age as Lada. Not sure how a period lakorn would be any different from a modern one.
I guess the COVID theory fits the best. Still, I'm left unsatisfied and unhappy. lols
I know what you mean !!! and i did the same as you RE My Secret Bride ;)

kaciele

sarNie Hatchling
A random thought popped up in my head. Remember that photoshoot Weir, Mookda, and Thisa did together? I thought Thisa was in the photoshoot because they are both Weir's FL in their respective lakorn but BOOM she makes multiple cameos(yes I'm counting those dead wife pictures all over the house) in MBJ. So basically it was also a tie into MBJ. *sigh* those pictures...!!! Not sure why the production team thought that was a good idea especially as the series progressed. Reminds me of those lakorns where the ghost/spirit hangs around waiting for their loved ones because of some karma/attachment.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Decent watch but so incredibly slow.

Lada is annoying but she's a teenager, so of course she is going to be. She has her moments of wisdom but for the most part she is irrational, immature, and stubborn. The fact that the pra'ek falls in love with her is beyond me. Most teenagers, including me when I was 17-18, are quite similar to Lada personality wise. I highly doubt a 36 year old man would have fallen in love with me at that age. I had a lot of trouble warming up to Lada, only about the last quarter of the lakorn did I tolerate her a lot more when she softened up towards Taen.

Luckily things didn't feel creepy in this lakorn. The p'ek took a long time to actually develop romantic feelings for Lada and he was very patient with her minus the force kiss. At least it wasn't like Great and Nychaa where I felt icky about the p'ek and n'ek relationship. Weir and Mookda have decent chemistry, at least better than Weir with Bow. What is with the thumb kissing in this lakorn? I thought those days were over or was Weir and the director feeling icky about the age factor?

The step mother was annoying as well. She had no redeeming qualities. The most WTH moment was when she got mad at A Passin for raping her but not when he tried to rape her own daughter. But I guess she added a little comic relief to the lakorn with all her scheming, especially when she went toe to toe with Mon to play match maker for Lada and Taen.

The pacing of this lakorn is kind of like pulling teeth. Nothing happens for the longest time and it goes in circles and circles. Lada is stubborn, Taen does something nice, Lada kind of softens up, misunderstanding, repeat. I felt like the beach scenes were half of the lakorn. AND they had to add the friend's brother during the last minute as well to have the p'ek act all possessive. Then the stupid Mon kidnapping Lookkaew scene which really added nothing to the lakorn. I was bored for a lot of this lakorn. I find that Kantana/Mummai make the last episode for their lakorns long and unnecessary, this lakorn could have easily cut out two episodes *cough cough* Koo Za Rot Saep, Patchara Montra, Sampathan Hua Jai.

The brother and step sister storyline was okay, probably better than what the leads had. The best scenes the leads had was where Lada softened up and was more open with the p'ek and when the p'ek opened up more with her. Too bad there was so much annoying misunderstandings and Lada acted like a bitch most of the time.

I really liked Weir's look here, he looked like a sexy nerd. He looks better here than he did in his last two lakorns where he looked a little thin. Weir looks good with a little meat on his face. His face suits glasses well. He didn't have much chemistry with his on screen daughter. Taen to be honest wasn't the best dad. He never knew what to do with his own kid. When she was acting up in the beginning he hardly could deal with her and let her be a brat. When she was sick, a teenager like Lada knew more about child care than him. He never really tried, he was just there and let others do the work for him. He could have tried harder but he seems like too much a workaholic.

I think I liked this more than Sampathan Hua Jai though.