❤️ Friendly REMINDER!

.miko

sarNie Hatchling
Refer to this link for OFFICIAL FORUM RULES:
http://asianfuse.net/discuzz/topic/57539-rules-all-members-must-follow-on-the-forum/

sarN comment : Sorry miko , i have to edit in your post cuz your first reply and i can't change the order .

Member , a little spamming is ok but please keep it on the topic and leave out the unnecessary smiles & own posts to gain pages.

Those who want to SPAM just Post it here. Your life outside or inside of lakorn , smilies , own pages , or whatever

miko comment :

I might be a minority here since it seems like everyone loves to spam but it is starting to get overboard especially in the lakorns forum. Sometimes I click into a thread in hope to find relevant information or to read constructive reviews and opinions about a certain lakorn but all I can really find are pointless comments about what someone did on the weekends which is completely irrelevant to the topic. I just think there should be less spams and more intellectual discussions regarding the actual subject. It would really make the forums a much more informative and resourceful place

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^__^ ahh. lol I can't really say anything on the topic, but sarNworld is kind of a fun place and our admins are sweethearts they don't really like to lay down the law and stuff with us so we tend to get overboard. But sometimes you can narrow your search by using the topic search and write down "summary" and etc.

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I might be a minority here since it seems like everyone loves to spam but it is starting to get overboard especially in the lakorns forum. Sometimes I click into a thread in hope to find relevant information or to read constructive reviews and opinions about a certain lakorn but all I can really find are pointless comments about what someone did on the weekends which is completely irrelevant to the topic. I just think there should be less spams and more intellectual discussions regarding the actual subject. It would really make the forums a much more informative and resourceful place :)
...hmmm.... how intellectual can a conversation get when you're discussing a lakorn? Now if the topic was nuclear weapons, abortions or who's going to be the next president, then I'm pretty sure you'll see many intellectual responses.

In my opinion, the members are having fun discussing in their favorite lakorn thread; there's really no harm done. There are many resources on this site that are in categories that you can find from. Besides, the search tool comes in handy for when you want to use it. I myself have used this tool many times and it does work wonders.

.miko

sarNie Hatchling
^ LOL. An "intellectual" conversation can be as simple as discussing the plot, characters, production/making of the lakorn or exchanging opinions and constructive reviews. Anything really as long as it serves the purpose of the topic. You don't need an intellectual subject matter to have an intellectual discussion. I am certain that anyone can as long as they have the mental capacity to.

By all means, I am not demanding that people stop spamming. I'm simply suggesting that perhaps a little less spam and more discussion would improve the forums in terms of its resourcefulness. It is merely a suggestion so please don't take things literally but read between the lines.

Also, to KhoOnxNouxWanxJai: Yep I understand and it's totally awesome that the admins here are very leniant and easygoing. I know there are many people here such as you that put in a great deal of effort into the forums....and I really do appreciate that. I'm sure everyone appreciates your work too ^^

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ Sure. The things you've mentioned have been discussed in those threads; now I'm pretty sure the discussions may have periodically went off topic, but that's what's fun about it. Hmm... a little less spam could be nice, but then again, I'm not one to judge. If I don't like something, then I simply move on.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong or anything. I think it's a great idea, but I guess the reason behind my opinion is that I belong to many many forums, and I think that sarNworld is by far the most enjoyable and organized place filled with members who contribute one way or the other. Some forums that I belong to have Admins and Mods that feel the need to put their authority foot down to the point where they are bullies. And some forums have members who really don't care about other members, where they disrepect eachother and promote hate.

Eventhough our Admins and Mods here are pretty leniant, the members here in my opionion are very respectful. Eventhough the members like to spam, at leat they spam in their favorite lakorn threads and about their favorite lakorn. So to me, I don't really see a problem. However, if the spam was some person trying to advertise their business countless times or some person harming others, then that's a problem.

cecilia

Staff member
awe. i totally agree on this topic .. i for one .. love to spam too but sometime, limit myself to overly use that freedom.
it would be nice if ppl know their limit and don't abuse it. i spam too so it's hard for me to call or warn other --

haha. the forum should have a FLOOD CONTROL setting of 30 minutes or so. Lol

btw, ppl also overlook the signature rules too .. so yup. hard, hard when not many promote it. i guess, in the end, the mod here sorta lack -- like me. LOl

.miko

sarNie Hatchling
lady0fdarkness I see where you are coming from and appreciate that you understand my point of view too. It is not that big of a deal and I will be completely fine if no change is implemented. However, like I said it is merely a suggestion. I dont see a problem and ignore it, I would at least make an attempt to have my opinions heard.

Yes, this forum has a friendly atmosphere and the members are very respectful towards one another. However, my gist was that there should be less spams....or in other words people should TRY to at least stick to the topic because I have experienced many instances where there were more than 1 page of nothingness...and that is equivalent to at least 15-20 posts of nothingness. On a more specific level, I have seen people post more than 4 or 5 consecutive posts with one word or two just to get the page levels up or doing it out of boredom while they wait for something to be uploaded. I am talking about these extreme spams that should be restricted because they are unnecessary and only wasting space on the forum.

Anyways I am glad that there are people giving their opinions on this issue. Very much appreciated ^^

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
^___^ Ahh actually our mods have tried to lay down the law before and keep some sections of the forum clean but they got complaints about moderators being to cruel; so I guess the mods that were trying to prevent spam so either way it's going to be hard to suddenly transition from being spamers to calm quiet posters :lol:

sarN

sarNie Granny
humm...this is a tough cookies , a little spamming is good but to much is excessive i understand . But most of time only in the thread where the lakorn is POPULAR , for example JLR or SB . I never like the idea of banning or warning member for breaking the rule cuz it should be obviously in case like banner & spamming. I want to keep the friendly & comfortable fourm for everyone but if one complain then it a problem as a whole , alright then . I will post a message in the Thai section , yes spamming is allow but please stay on the topic . Would that do ? Any suggestion ? im open for any.

noungning

Heartless
I might be a minority here since it seems like everyone loves to spam but it is starting to get overboard especially in the lakorns forum. Sometimes I click into a thread in hope to find relevant information or to read constructive reviews and opinions about a certain lakorn but all I can really find are pointless comments about what someone did on the weekends which is completely irrelevant to the topic. I just think there should be less spams and more intellectual discussions regarding the actual subject. It would really make the forums a much more informative and resourceful place :)
i agree.

well we've made the wiki to sorta serve that purpose, you get your instant bang for your buck. the information regarding character and such for SOME dramas are up, i've been really tied so i've had no time to check it out for a while. i guess the forum was to serve the purpose of chatting about lakorns and the plot itself, but it's become more of a neighbor-like atmosphere where it starts off... did you watch the lakorn this weekend, where XYZ happened? then it goes on to, oh yeah so how was your weekend? so yeah you probably get the drift.

i've tried to lay down rules before but like tina said, it didn't work, and ppl petitioned against it, and like the stores, customers win, workers lose lmfao.

humm...this is a tough cookies , a little spamming is good but to much is excessive i understand . But most of time only in the thread where the lakorn is POPULAR , for example JLR or SB . I never like the idea of banning or warning member for breaking the rule cuz it should be obviously in case like banner & spamming. I want to keep the friendly & comfortable fourm for everyone but if one complain then it a problem as a whole , alright then . I will post a message in the Thai section , yes spamming is allow but please stay on the topic . Would that do ? Any suggestion ? im open for any.
a suggestion sarn, we should have a wiki mod [not as in a moderator like me, but the script] on the forum, but i'm not sure if you know what it is.

it's basically, um a comment that is posted on the threads, it will come right after the first post, and anyone can edit that. so when ppl comes in, they can just read that post, and they can edit it with new info. i can give examples if u're interested but this would work i think because ppl who is just looking for info can just read that post with info... and so they don't have to scroll thru a bunch of gibberish. and u can make everyone happy, spamming is still ok and then ppl just looking for their info will be happy. just a suggestion.

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
OH GAWD, MIKO, i hear where ur coming from, girl! the spamming has gotten to the point where one person is posting one after another after another...of things like "...", "sigh" or " :p "...just to complete pages (or in other words, "own it"). in one thread, one girl had like three pages of just her posting..and it was in less than four minutes. all she put were "smiley faces", question marks, and symbols..all in separate posts, and it had nothing to do with the topic at all.

for someone like me who's just going in there to find relevant information...perhaps about something i missed out on or didn't understand, it's hard, because in just one day, there will be like 20 or 30 pages of nonsense (with maybe one or two relevant things hidden in there). so then, i would have to choose on whether i want to click through 20 or 30 pages or not. it gets very frustrating...not to mention, the thread slows down when there are a ton of pages.

as many people stated, the atmosphere at sw is relatively respectful. however, respect comes in many light. denying a thread to be what it's suppose to be...by an extreme excess...is also showing disrespect to individuals who turn to it for the purpose of completing missing links in their associated topics.

therefore, please limit your "game" to a harmless minimal. straying off topic is understandable...even commenting on something you missed or liked about a lakorn (or another topic) is cool, but pages and pages of smiley faces and symbols to make pages are nasty thread graffiti.

peaches

sarNie Elites
the site owner doesn't care about spamming. just look in the sawan bieng and jum leur rak thread :rolleyes:
sorry sarn but that the truth :lol:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I use to be guilty of that but now that I am on the other side of the fence. I too agree that spamming has gotten to excessive. I understand the occasional off topic conversation, but I'm starting to get frustrated with people double posting just symbols and smilies. I mean I could tolerate and accept double posting but for example what drives me nuts is

Post 01:
Sigh

Post 02:
Anyone?

Post 03:
:)

Post 04:
??

Post 05:
I love it

Gawwwd. That is just too much for me; I've even stopped watching lakorns and stuff just because I didn't feel like interacting in the thread anymore. See like for example the girls in Jai Rao and Seu Ruk Spam, but it's spam about the topic and it always has some commentary on the episodes. Yet when I visit another thread I am clicking through smilies and question marks throughout an entire page! Double Posting is cool, but when you post like 7 posts in a roll under 2-3 minutes with just symbols and smilies it's like dude wtheck.

Sorry sarN; I know you like the friendliness and all, and I understand that you're a sweetheart, but I'm just saying :p LOL

sarN

sarNie Granny
o'my peachy girl ! --- yeah , guilty as charge :lol: , im going pin this in the Lakorn Section , self-explanatory, so hopfully member will catch on with this !!

Member , a little spamming is ok but please keep it on the topic and leave out the unnecessary smiles & own postes to gain pages .

sarN

sarNie Granny
Actually , i have an idea to solve this issue . Those who want to SPAM just Post it here. Your life outside or inside of lakorn , smilies , own pages , or watever

:lol:

Ana

sarNie Adult
I agree with Tina:

Post 01:
Sigh

Post 02:
Anyone?

Post 03:
smile.gif

Post 04:
??

Post 05:
I love it

^ those post are annoying. I dun say much cuzz I usually dun reply to those thread. I just click to see what's up? but when I see those spam I just dun bother reading in that topic anymore. Unless I can answer the question :rolleyes:

Anywayz, yea I love Sarn for her easy going..LOL..